Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Policies aside, it is a gut feeling. Everything about her screams in my mind, turn around and run away.
    I get the feeling that this is the case for a lot of people, but they don't like to admit that it's a feeling they've got, so they tend to clad their comments in vague assertions about her crookedness or lying or corporate connections or whatever while glossing over the same in her opponent.

I'm actually fine with people just saying, "I get a bad feeling from her." It's not how I'd vote, but it's honest and I understand it. My issue is that there seem to be a lot of superlative venomous accusations thrown her way, often without support, in sort of a "everybody know that she's..." manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Misleading title. Still not answering why you have to bash someone else instead of promoting your candidate. Tell me why you need to defend hilary by bashing Trump instead of just telling why hillary should win?
    Because it's a race between two candidates. If one doesn't win, the other will. So if Hillary is bad, but not as bad as Trump, you should be supporting Hillary because the alternative is Trump wins. That is, unfortunately, the way our system currently works. We should change the system, but choosing not to participate in it in the meantime does no one any good.

And answer the damn question as to why she thinks all women should be believed unless they accused her husband?
    I'm not familiar with the accusations in question.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

And answer the damn question as to why she thinks all women should be believed unless they accused her husband?
    Bill Clinton was not found guilty of any wrong doing, he never faced charges for any thing. I could randomly accuse you of stealing and would that make you guilty? Do you not live in America? You should really follow your own goddamn Constitution.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I get the feeling that this is the case for a lot of people, but they don't like to admit that it's a feeling they've got, so they tend to clad their comments in vague assertions about her crookedness or lying or corporate connections or whatever while glossing over the same in her opponent.

I'm actually fine with people just saying, "I get a bad feeling from her." It's not how I'd vote, but it's honest and I understand it. My issue is that there seem to be a lot of superlative venomous accusations thrown her way, often without support, in sort of a "everybody know that she's..." manner.
    I have no issues saying it is a gut feeling. I can't vote for someone that unsettles me. I don't get that feeling with Trump, I don't get much of anything with Trump. All I know is that if Trump is POTUS then the State of the Union is going to be hilarious but that is about all I can expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    People usually can't say they don't like her besides not liking her. She doesn't lie any more than any other politican. She certainly has far less scandals surrounding her unless you think bengazi and the emails count. She was part of the administration that killed Bin Laden, hell she was right there next to Obama in the situation room.

The only thing that I see besides a base partisan dislike for someone who isn't in you party is that she represents that preppy busy body in high school that go straight A's, always raised their hand, class president, chair of several clubs, etc. The people that annoyed you because they were always about work and there were good at it. Others hate seeing these diligent hard workers because it makes them think about how much they don't do/how much they don't accomplish.

Clinton is a very vanilla straight shooter and that pisses the fuck out of some people.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The only thing that I see besides a base partisan dislike for someone who isn't in you party...
    She seems to be hated on the left as well, and the people on the left who hate her seem to use the same language as those on the right.

Because it's a race between two candidates. If one doesn't win, the other will. So if Hillary is bad, but not as bad as Trump, you should be supporting Hillary because the alternative is Trump wins. That is, unfortunately, the way our system currently works. We should change the system, but choosing not to participate in it in the meantime does no one any good.

I'm not familiar with the accusations in question.
    1> you still can't answer why your defense of her is to bash the opponent, that has no positive substance

2> You wanted a reason to hate hillary, I gave one you can't deflect onto someone else, OF COURSE YOU ARE UNFAMILIAR.

Try making a thread where you don't defend by deflecting. If all you are going to do is defend your candidate against the reasons you ask for, actually be informed about what your candidate says. Pay fucking attention and have an independent thought. "Because Trump" is not a defense of anything clinton does or says.

Yeah, I don't like her positions on digital privacy either. I think they're dangerous, in fact. The only candidate who disagrees with that, though, is Bernie, and he's out of the race.

- - - Updated - - -

Then stay out of the thread that's specifically about providing a basis for such assertions, and as importantly, why these things make Hillary Clinton so unelectable that people would be OK with allowing Trump to win instead.

Oh I didn't know you owned this site and made the rules. Just because you're too lazy to google "Hillary lies" doesn't mean I don't have the right to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    This is why. She's a snake.

I don't hate her. She's just unfit to be president. Her blatantly obvious pandering to get the female vote while her husband raped plenty and she didn't care about that. Can't imagine someone as incompetent as her having one of the highest power in the world.

At least Trump with all his flaws shows backbone and there's something about the guy not giving a fuk that wins my vote. Ignore all promises that Trump, Hillary and Bernie made and imo Trump is the only one of the three that is presidential and has the energy for the job. The media and his own party have been going all out on him for a while and he still shrugged them all off. Gotta admire that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jencsik View Post
    I voted Bernie
    At the same time i will never vote Hillary even if that means voting trump. At least you can kind of understand the guy. I can't relate to Hillary at all.

I was still fairly upset he lost in my home state RIP BERNIE 2K16
    How could one support Sanders, not support Clinton, but understand Trump?

Sanders and Clinton don't differ much in policy. I guess they differ is big enough to be complacent with Trump, a candidate who is the opposite of Sanders, than one who is closer to him.

- - - Updated - - -

She seems to be hated on the left as well, and the people on the left who hate her seem to use the same language as those on the right.
    By the majority of the left just nominated her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    1> you still can't answer why your defense of her is to bash the opponent, that has no positive substance
    Because it doesn't need to. If the alternative to the turd sandwich is an exploding nuclear bomb, you eat the turd sandwich. I'm asking in the thread for people to explain why the turdiness of Hillary Clinton's sandwich makes it less appetizing than letting the nuclear bomb go off.

2> You wanted a reason to hate hillary, I gave one you can't deflect onto someone else, OF COURSE YOU ARE UNFAMILIAR.
    You could just help familiarize me with the situation. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Oh I didn't know you owned this site and made the rules. Just because you're too lazy to google "Hillary lies" doesn't mean I don't have the right to post.
    I made the thread, so lead the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Bill Clinton was not found guilty of any wrong doing, he never faced charges for any thing. I could randomly accuse you of stealing and would that make you guilty? Do you not live in America? You should really follow your own goddamn Constitution.
    I am talking about hillary who thoroughly undermined rape victims and then comes out years later saying they should be believed. What has Bill Clinton's affairs have to do with what hillary says about rape victims? I am talking about her history with rape accusers. Do I not live in America. Does my constitution let me question why hillary would demean women accusing someone of rape and then later say "Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported" You seem to have a lot of hate for anyone who is against hillary. I'm sorry you misunderstood the premise, this is not why we hate Bill Clinton, it's dealing with hillary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    By the majority of the left just nominated her.
    All it takes is a minority to destroy someone's chances of winning an election. Look at Ross Perot v. George Bush Senior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    At least Trump with all his flaws shows backbone and there's something about the guy not giving a fuk that wins my vote. Ignore all promises that Trump, Hillary and Bernie made and imo Trump is the only one of the three that is presidential and has the energy for the job. The media and his own party have been going all out on him for a while and he still shrugged them all off. Gotta admire that.
    What backbone? The guy threatened to sue a comedian for calling him the spawn of an orangutan. He threatened to sue and then proposed changes to liable laws, because Ted Cruz used an unedited video of Trump saying he is pro-choice. He has spammed a journalist for 10+ years, because he said Trump has small hands. Trump has pretended to be 2 different people, in order to promote his corporation and couldn't handle the critique. There has never been a thinner skinned candidate in the history of the country...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

She's okay. I liked her plan for healthcare in 2008 a lot better than I liked Obamacare. She and Bill's work set the stage for universal healthcare in the US.

That being said, I prefer more leftist candidates and she represents maintenance of the status quo. Hillary will essentially be Obama 2.0...while worse things could certainly happen, she's not my preferred candidate.

You could just help familiarize me with the situation. /shrug
    I gave you a reason. I am sorry that you are uninformed. I don't need to inform you, it's your choice to be ignorant about your candidate. That is most likely why your response to people is always Because Trump. Sorry, I thought this was a discussion not a facebook wall. good luck with your because she's not Trump reasoning. Don't take the initiative to get informed. You're right, I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    All it takes is a minority to destroy someone's chances of winning an election. Look at Ross Perot v. George Bush Senior.
    Right but your post made it seem like she is hated equally on both sides, which is mathematically impossible considering the left put her on the ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

The Worst you get with Trump is a blowhard businessman who does nothing.

The worst you get with Hilary is a stab in the back and a cease and desist for trying to remove the dagger
    The worst you get with Hillary is a whole lot of nothing.

The worst you get with Trump is a pointless wall, destruction of the middle class, democracy destroyed by corporations, and a new war or two.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    It's amazing how many people do not seem to understand the simple fact that the constitutional rights of U.S. citizens are not guaranteed to people who do not have U.S. citizenship.

and yet making a law that bans Muslims is indeed against the constitution in spirit and interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I wonder how much of that is projection from Bill Clinton on to her.

The left has issues with Bill, so they may be projecting their past grievances onto her thinking she is a known quantity (maybe even subconsciously)... and the right... well they did impeach him.
    Not much, she's definitely had her own time in the spotlight since Bill left office and it's fair to say she's the main focus especially now but at least as far back as her 1st run for POTUS so there's enough actions, inactions and statements of her own in existence for criticism against her to be solely based on her own efforts, ideas and the like.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.