Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Other races can be Demon Hunters - Calling it.

Pre-patch announcement, and Open Beta.

One can hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Pre-patch announcement, and Open Beta.

One can hope!
    Sadly Open beta has never been an wow thing with expansion testing as far as I know but I will let you hope!
    xD

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Sadly Open beta has never been an wow thing with expansion testing as far as I know but I will let you hope!
    xD
    ... Did I stutter?!

One, Can, Hope ... *bitchslap*

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I'm no expert, but I don't see an NDA being needed for something as small as streaming. Could be wrong, but we will find out Friday.
    A short NDA is standard for this sort of press junket so the attendees don't have to race to report the information, because then the first couple usually get all the site traffic and everyone else is shit out of luck.

Although those NDA's usually only last a day or two. It must be of some major significance that they'd wait until Friday (which notably, is also the Movie's Nationwide US release.)

So I wasn't there, just got a little bit of the details from the person we sent. Need to significantly tone down the expectations here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    ... Did I stutter?!

One, Can, Hope ... *bitchslap*
    Rofl! xD
    Gotta ruin dem dreams and feast upon the tears of fellow forum ninjas!

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    So I wasn't there, just got a little bit of the details from the person we sent. Need to significantly tone down the expectations here.
    Well that's that. We wait for underwhelming news.

Deleted
    Well if knowing pre-patch day is such a big expectation... i don't know what they will announce so special to be honest.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, get away birdy, I will drive over you with the hype train.

In all seriousness though, I learnt to never expect something good after what happened with WoD. When I saw twitter accounts saying that the interviews were awesome all I thought was 'Money's talking'.

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and guess July 19th is the pre-patch date

How are those beta keys coming?

7+ Year Old Account
    They had a freaking 'summit' for this and the only rendition we have of it so far is Finalboss' tweet, "Something very special".
    We didn't have a summit or an enthusiastic opinion voiced for any incoming new content for Legion since Beta launch, there's no way they're this vehement for something as a petty as the pre-patch date announcement, a dungeon or social-media integration. The odds are that they're either preparing to showcase the two zones south of the Broken shore (or one of them), a class revamp or something entirely else. I'm personally rooting for new Worgen models but I admit that it's really unlikely.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc86b9a17177; 2016-06-08 at 08:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Celestalon also attended the summit, whom is WoW's technical game designer.
    The announcement on friday probably has something to do with gameplay elements such as Classes or PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TubbiestPack View Post
    Nuckels
    Q:So on a scale of 1 to 10, how hyped should I be as a raider for the announcement on friday? Get me hyped as i'm not feeling it.

Sloot
    A:Its announcements. Just a nice big info/clarification session. And I'd say pretty damn hyped

Kinda sounds like revamp/balancing for instances.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Finalboss (whom is a notable gameplay balancing examiner) was there including other players that focus on the technical aspects of WoW, this announcement will most likely be a sort of update to instanced gameplay or class balancing.
    Or just overall scaling.

What a lame thing to hype about.
    Last edited by RoutinelyWorgen; 2016-06-08 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Open beta? I just played the beta on my nephew's acc and it crashes nonstop by simply using spells. They better get their crap together if they want to release anything soon
    That must be an issue with you only, I've been playing beta for few days on my brothers account for 6 hours+ a day and had 0 crashes

7+ Year Old Account
    finallboss a 'notable gameplay balancing examiner'. does that mean he complains about things he doesn't understand? that sounds about right. they didn't bring in theory crafters or people that know how to use math. they brought in their hype machine to hype.

Deleted
    If they hype it that much then it will be crap.

Probably some scaling garbage. You know what we need in a content drought for over a year? MORE OLD CONTENT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibberjabber View Post
    finallboss a 'notable gameplay balancing examiner'. does that mean he complains about things he doesn't understand? that sounds about right. they didn't bring in theory crafters or people that know how to use math. they brought in their hype machine to hype.
    He knows what he's talking about, otherwise they wouldn't have invited him in the first place, genius.
    But when I look at it again, why would they hype scaling? They never do because they know only the PvP/Raid focused half of the playerbase cares about it. And I don't see them holding summits or hyping that stuff.

But there was a lot of mentions in tweets from the summit about opinions, while it would make sense for them to ask opinions about scaling they haven't done it with popular players before and it wouldn't really make much sense to announce it 2 days later if they felt so insecure about the results.

We've seen a lot of nicer things than what most people here are guessing that the announcement will be about, from sweet mounts to the alpha-beta transition, neither of those had any summit beforehand or even hype.

They probably figure that the stuff they're currently making is hyping itself, but as I said earlier it might be that they got positive views from the players and decided instead of delaying the result they went ahead with announcing it in 2 days time.