Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Last friendly for Portugal. It''s against Estonia. Ronaldo playing. The coach said he recovered completely already and he has been doing great in the trainings. Let's see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I hope Portugal won't make it past the second round (Making it through the first one should be a given for such a country). There are quite a few douchebags playing for Portugal, and thus I ALWAYS hope they perform below par.

I guess I'll root for England, as I like the team and my country isn't even competing anyway.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Estonia...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I'm actually hoping for another slaughterfest like Portugal vs. Netherlands in 2006. That was some oldschool gladiator arena stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    Eh, I hope Portugal won't make it past the second round (Making it through the first one should be a given for such a country). There are quite a few douchebags playing for Portugal, and thus I ALWAYS hope they perform below par.

I guess I'll root for England, as I like the team and my country isn't even competing anyway.
    "Such a country"? Easy there, boy...

Well, i hope the Netherlands doesn't go past the RO16 too...oh wait...

And, yeah, some of our players are douche bags sometimes but dude...you have Robben in you NT...LMAO. Also, i feel some salt in your sentences...maybe...2004, 2006 and 2012?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dutch tend to be a bit bitter when it comes to Portugal. And Germany. And... well... everyone who nicked everything in front of their eyes in a rather humiliating and embarrassing way. Friends of mine got triggered when I tell them they can keep their 5-1 if that means they're not going to the Euros.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    "Such a country"? Easy there, boy...
    "such a country" was meant positively. They have the quality to certainly reach the second round

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Also, i feel some salt in your sentences...maybe...
    Somewhat...
    That one for sure!
    and 2012?
    Nope for sure, we were terrible all around

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    The Dutch tend to be a bit bitter when it comes to Portugal. And Germany. And... well... everyone who nicked everything in front of their eyes in a rather humiliating and embarrassing way. Friends of mine got triggered when I tell them they can keep their 5-1 if that means they're not going to the Euros.
    Eh... Only have something against Portugal, for multiple reasons. And yeah, that 5-1 win meant jack shit after losing the finals
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2016-06-08 at 09:04 PM.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    "They're not going to the Euros"... in the easiest qualifier ever!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    "such a country" was meant positively. They have the quality to certainly reach the second round
    Unless there's injuries, the coach makes bad choices or we have a really bad game i don't see us losing against any other team other than France, Germany and maybe Spain.

Anything else than top 8 will be a huge disappointment. Semi-finals is what i expect. Final would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Some odds i saw, to win the Euro:

France 3/1
    Germany 4/1
    Spain 5/1
    England 8/1
    Belgium 11/1
    Portugal 14/1
    Italy 18/1

What do you guys think?

Pretty good odds for Portugal. Might be worth to put some money on that.

Deleted
    The Italians always lurch between catastrophe and glory. 18/1 is rather generous.

They're in the group of death but that might not be a huge drawback. Winning Group E means a likely quarter final against Germany. Finish runner up and you're looking at a second round match against Portugal, and then The winner of England's group or one of the third placed teams. Not an impossible route to the final.

Still think it'll be the Germans though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portugal bullied Estonia. Hope we bring this level when it actually matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Portugal bullied Estonia. Hope we bring this level when it actually matters.
    Spain bullied two teams and then lost to another. Nothing can be said for certain tbh.

It's finally starting tomorrow!!!

Do you guys remember the official song and video clip of Euro 2004? It gets me in tears every time... T_T

EVERY SINGLE house and car with a a flag in the window, every country loving our weather and all fans from all nations watching the games together at night in every cafe of Lisbon, Porto, Faro, etc. Many even at the beach! I don't think there was such a football event like Euro 2004. Perfect weather, atmosphere, organization, games. And we were so close....in our own country.

"Com uma força que ninguém pode parar" = With a strength that no one can stop.

Ronaldo, Figo, Rui Costa, Maniche, Deco, Ricardo(GK), Fernando Couto, Simão Saborosa, Tiago, Nuno Gomes, Pauleta, etc, etc.

Deleted
    Group E is a joke, Italy got this bagged even if they turn up half asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    ummmm.....

Have you seen Italy's roster? One of the worst I've seen them have in the past 20 years

What? You may be in for a surprise.

Deleted
    i sense alot of tension with fans in the group C lol, i want england to win but realisticly everyone knows there not going to so id say germany or russia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    i sense alot of tension with fans in the group C lol, i want england to win but realisticly everyone knows there not going to so id say germany or russia
    England and Russia aren't in C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in the Copa..... Uruguay out in the group stage after losing the first two matches and Suarez furious to find out that not only was he forced to remain on the bench, he didn't even know he wasn't selected for the second match either. Yeah, I'd be mad too.