Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Graeham said earlier he had an ability which needed to be used three times, so this is separate from it. Graeham does your feign death prevent anything? IE: kills, targeting, whatnot? I would like you on record if you come up town we know you were/weren't night targeted and account for missing kills, and if you come up scum we have to consider all options. To your credit the feign death ability being announced in thread as so high profile that it would kinda suck as a scum ability. Unless i dont believe its "feign death" and rather vests/zombie blocks/undead 3rd party.
    Same caveat of use best judgement on answer if it reveals anything.
    It doesn't protect me from anything. I just submit the action and if I don't get killed that night I just pretend to be dead...and either 'revive' automatically after 24 hours or whenever I choose to dispel it. I can, however, cast it somebody else - and plan to do just that tonight. I will use it on somebody I think is scum since there's little point using it on myself tonight.

So in regards to the missing kills on the first night I used the ability only one person was targeted. Dupti may have been hit by multiple players...and if I'm not mistaken the flavour text for his death implies as much. On the second night that I used feign death nobody died - so it's very likely actions were blocked somehow by other players.

Has your opinion of robo changed with my reveal from the orb and/or yesterday/today's events?
    Well, It's odd for him to just outright say he's bored with Mafia so I would lean more towards that's him being honest. But I wouldn't take that to mean he's town, Honestly it's exactly the same as last time. It doesn't feel like he's town, but it doesn't feel like he's scum either. I could see him being 3rd party or an SK but he generally has more respect for a team than to be a dead in the water player as he has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    So in regards to the missing kills on the first night I used the ability only one person was targeted. Dupti may have been hit by multiple players...and if I'm not mistaken the flavour text for his death implies as much. On the second night that I used feign death nobody died - so it's very likely actions were blocked somehow by other players.
    Good point i had mostly forgotten about the double tap on dupti.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Well, It's odd for him to just outright say he's bored with Mafia so I would lean more towards that's him being honest. But I wouldn't take that to mean he's town, Honestly it's exactly the same as last time. It doesn't feel like he's town, but it doesn't feel like he's scum either. I could see him being 3rd party or an SK but he generally has more respect for a team than to be a dead in the water player as he has been.
    Post doesn't sound the exact same as last time but i may be able to understand your parallels. Thanks.

------------------

I'm starting to entertain a theory where most if not all the "dubious" claims come back town (i doubt all but for brainstorming purposes i'll assume).
    If graeham is town necro, val has skirted his lie conditions and is a town pally, ari is a having met bonus win condition verified by val, kurenai town assassin/lurker vig, then what am i left with?
    robo and virothe tied together by the now 2x orb statements, which is either a careless townie with a hunch or scum misleading
    xanjori's track results proven factual
    senna mega analysis which agrees with much of mine
    dendrek quite polarizing with a few "guaranteed town" and others "cant shake a scum feeling" but with some big posts
    And that leaves these names: Allowyn, Anakso, Catta, Celtic, Crackleslap, Kryllian (Not that these people are tied together or dont have some info around them, but certainly less profile)

To which i also keep bringing back up:
    Allowyn, Anakso, Dranxadin, Dupti, Graeham, Kryllian, Lysah, Robozerim, Senna, Uggor, Virothe, a gibbering orblet, a pseudodragon and a wolf were seen in the area before the light quickly faded.

SK might make sense, considering the lack of kills. He might just not be submitting many? That would be odd though. He has posted at least once each day, if I'm not mistaken. He should be around enough to also submit a NK each night, unless he just doesn't care enough to.

- - - Updated - - -

robo and virothe tied together by the now 2x orb statements, which is either a careless townie with a hunch or scum misleading
    I mentioned this earlier today, I got the same message.

No one claiming the orb while its message has been prominently discussed means its very unlikely a townie with definitive info against robo+virothe. It could still fall into category of townie with reads but that's not reliable in any fashion. It could fall into "useless/joke" ability but if town they shouldn't have let speculation grow on it. It can easily fall into scum ability up through my posted analysis yesterday, with my theory it visited only townies up through reveal trying to cast suspicion on robo + virothe. Unfortunately i cant include you (dendrek) or any going forward since i revealed and if true now it could be sent to scum teammates for cred. I cant see it being a scum ability with definitive info as they would rather get the cred for the lynches themselves. However my tie fate together is a little playing it loose though since if its a scum ability (like i'm currently thinking) all they know is not on their team.

I know i'm making a big deal out of a possibly throw away joke ability [virtual heckler], but i consider info from all sources.

I think you are reading too much into it. We know that Uggor, Dupti, Senna, you and I all got it. We know from us latter three that the same (or very similar) message appeared each time. I don't think whoever sent it is trying to pass off useful information. Look to the shadows sounds like it would mean the Canadians are immune to investigation. We know that's not true of Robo since he was seen N2. And while it's possible it's true of Virothe, he's claimed Cleric and I have no reason to doubt that claim right now. Until the sender appears to say it was meant to be useful, I am not going to assume that it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Er, I'm dumb. We know that's not true of Virothe either. I forgot he was also seen N2.

Mine specifically told me to "share this message!" in theory because senna didn't share it the previous day. No idea what was told to dupt/uggor, but you see where i get my theory that if its scum controlled they send wild goose chase/mislynch on the specifically mentioned robo + virothe to be untrusted (with some ambiguous statement about look to the shadows). Since i detailed my theory i cant rule out you/future orb visits aren't just red herrings though (scum sent to scum, sending same/false messages). Its not a negative just not reliable henceforth (unless more info arises).

I dont want to harp on this ability though -- its got too many dubious logic ties to it to put faith into it. Not ignoring, but wanted to get info out just in case.

For what it's worth I'm a little wary of Anakso. Mostly because we know Anakso has survived by going under the radar and won as a serial killer in a past game. I think it's worth ensuring that everybody who is 'quiet' is given a good amount of pressure before we hit the end game phase. We also need to be careful not to rule people out as scum just because they seem like they're 'definitely' town - because trickery may be afoot and it's a classic slasher trope for the killer to be someone who comes off as innocent and helpful.

(I totally just finished watching a horror show. )

Meh, all I'm saying about Robo is I have my doubts about him being town. It doesn't add up to how he usually plays or his personality, though I suppose it would depend on the role he was given this game as Robo is very apt to RP and this being a DnD based game it would depend on what his role is for his interactions with the game.

But without some form of real contribution to the game reading him is difficult and I'm having a hard time really getting a real feel for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to even pretend that I paid any real attention today. I've noticed there's very little time left, and I think the votes are basically between Kurenai or myself, with Kurenai leading by a bit. Even with my lack of interaction, I still won't vote myself, so...

vote: KurenaiXIII

Anyway, I've got something in real life to do, I won't be back before deadline.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate to do this, but I don't think I'm going to be able to post anything if I don't do it right now, and I have to get my vote out. After thinking it over, I've decided to go ahead and vote on Kurenai.

Vote: Kurenai

That would put Kurenai at L-1.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    I hate to do this, but I don't think I'm going to be able to post anything if I don't do it right now, and I have to get my vote out. After thinking it over, I've decided to go ahead and vote on Kurenai.

Vote: Kurenai

That would put Kurenai at L-1.
    Please don't hammer - I've caught up and im doing a quick review post

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Please don't hammer - I've caught up and im doing a quick review post
    Wants to hammer so bad now

Deleted

Talking

So only a few posts that need to be responded to:

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    Celtic
    Day 1**: 4 posts, Votes: Listo
    Day 2: 5 posts, Votes: Robo, Jynx
    Day 3: 5 posts, Votes: Blood Fox
    Day 4: 9 posts, Votes: Arialla
    Day 5: 3 posts, Votes: Largehorn
    Thoughts:
    Going to break this down for easier response:

Hehe, first thing I noticed is that Celtic has been agreeing with me a lot this game, though I think that’s going to change with what I have to say here. I have been keeping my eye on Celtic for a while, and there are plenty of things that make me feel that Celtic is suspicious. I had first called out Celtic Day 2 because he was one of the people who really pushed that Listo was scummy Day 1.
    Please note that I called Listo's abilities scummy, not listo himself.

He weirdly called Monkz out for sheeping on Day 3 when Monkz was the first voter on the current train.
    I made a mistake (thought it was Crackle who started that) and realised my mistake by apologizing.

He was strongly against the idea that Blood Fox was a deflection lynch off of Largehorn (though this could be just part of his crusade against inactives, it’s hard to tell).
    I'll come back to this in my response to Xan's post.

He starts off by defending Arialla mid day 4, but then ends up voting for Arialla anyway! The Arialla vote came in very late and is a candidate for attempting to no lynch day 4 (at least, he was unwilling to vote on Large while he had 9 votes). He said in a post day 5 that scum “have a hard on for lynching Large” yet he ended up hammering Large himself and causing the day to end early.
    My recollection of events:
    Big argument over Large vs Arialla for commiting a kill.
    Arialla was getting attacked with shitty logic. (I defend)
    Largehorn claims protection role
    Monkz confirms said role (I reconsider)
    I decide to not kill our doctor, instead opting for someone who apparently killed someone else.
    I said I was going to be here until the lynch, and stated I was finding it very hard to vote Large in light of the new evidence.
    I voted Arialla and then you + kurenai decided to switch ending in a no lynch.

So please don't blame me for that lack of lynch.

As I've already stated, I saw that Large had been caught in a lie and I got my vote on my record. I didnt realize it was the hammer vote.

Anyways you're right Senna. I am going to disagree with your analysis because it is clearly flawed. You have either missed/ignored my explanations and/or twisted my actions to match motivations that you assign to me.

Can you point me to any of those? Please dont quote #722 which i had to solicit to get something, and #368 was the best i could find back on D2.
    After review you're right. I thought allowyn was more active this game. Clearly I've inflated his post contribution in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I get that we should have lynched Blood because otherwise we end up with the same AFKers shit every game. But at the same time it can easily be seen as a deflection off Large. Now I'm giving you credit because you've been very vocal in the past few games in making sure AFKers die, but of course believing in coincidence is a bad.

I don't exactly distrust you completely, but I have no reason to trust you yet. I think there is only one person I trust, and they don't even know it.
    Right this right here is the meat of my argument.

There will ALWAYS be a better reason to lynch someone than lurking. Let me say that again for emphasis.
    There will ALWAYS be a better reason to lynch someone than lurking.

Let's take today as example. I have pointed our Robo's lurkiness and Raza has pointed out Allowyn's lurkiness. And yet we are still lynching Kurenai. Why? Because his abilities look scummy (which has been proved as basis for a bad lynch) and he defended Large.

The thing is unless Scum is playing brilliantly or Town is playing very poorly, there's always going to be a reason to lynch someone. They lied. They're role looks scummy. They've defended scum. If I sat down and analyzed the entire game I garuntee I could find a reason to propose a lynch against every single living player.

And THATS the problem. There will ALWAYS be a better reason to lynch someone than lurking. And the lurkers keep on lurking until end game when we finally decide to lynch them. And hand scum the win.
    You either stamp out lurking HARD every single day or else people will continue to do it. People will continue to make it to end game with 0 contribution and will be lynched because of this. And Mafia (which I have quite enjoyed playing here) turns to shit.

It was a major argument on Day 1. It continues to be a major argument. And I'm going to keep at it, no matter how scummy it may make me look, because I guarantee you, if we lynch the lurkers we will find at least one scum.

- - - Updated - - -

Wants to hammer so bad now
    Hammer away ducky buddy

- - - Updated - - -

Vote Robo

Don't need to hammer but I think everyone should have a vote on the record

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't voted yet so as to not hammer the day early. But I'm here monitoring for last second arguments before day closes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Vote Robo

Don't need to hammer but I think everyone should have a vote on the record
    Ya honestly speaking if we had more time and Robo had responded earlier that's where my vote would be, he has a very negligent attitude this game and I find it irritating. But being L-1 and with what I doubt is enough time to see anything really come from it so I would rather

Vote: Kure

Then risk another no-lynch at this point :/

Virothe, Senna and Xanjori
    Each seem to be
    The top town players,
    As far as I see.

I could be mistaken,
    If one of them's fakin'.
    Assuming I'm right,
    It's a risk that's worth takin'.

Tick, tock.

Day Six - Final Count
    • 9 - Kurenai: Xanjori (#962), Anakso (#966), Graeham (#1012), Dendrek (#1014), Catta (#1017), Allowyn (#1086), Robozerim (#1110), Senna (#1111), Virothe (#1116)
    • 4 - Robozerim: Arialla x2 (#1035), Valyrian (#1050), Celtic (#1114)

With 16 players alive, 9 votes were required for a majority.

One adventurer finds himself rather out of his element when he is surrounded by the others, and his attempt at an explanation does not earn him any trust. It is unsurprising that the idea of leaving a professional backstabber alive based solely upon his so-called honesty goes unsupported, and it is not long before he is put to the sword.

• Kurenai, an Assassin (Rogue), has fallen in battle.

An assassin faces his death head-on. That's a new one.

Suddenly, a disturbing cough wracks one of the onlookers. Shaking and sweating, his skin takes on a different shade of death. Frothing at the mouth, he falls to his knees, then collapses to the soft ground beneath him.

• Graeham, a Necromancer (Wizard), has succumbed to poison.

Is he truly dead, this time? ... try poking him.

Night Six begins at 1800 CST / 2300 UTC, and will last for ~24 hours, or until all actions are submitted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ma gawd I got a sexy new keyboard

/bump

That night...

• A pseudodragon was spotted flitting around in the air near Robozerim.
    • A gibbering orblet was observed chattering to itself as it hovered near Xanjori.

You are already on your feet when you awake, and an intense wave of vertigo hits you as you open your eyes. You find yourself in the center of a room of black and white marble, and as you begin to move you can't help but feel that the floor is tilted just enough to keep you off-balance.

A ring of obelisks encircles the room, and in the middle is a marble slab, black as night but flecked with stones that glimmer like stars. A figure is sprawled upon the slab, dead from a single, expert strike through the heart. Nearby lies a gibbering orblet; it has long since stopped its muttering, having suffered a similar wound.

• Celtic, a Warlock of the Great Old One, has died.

A long way from the Far Realms, that one.

A glimmer catches your eye and draws your gaze to the ceiling-- or it would, if there were a ceiling. Instead you see what appears to be a copy of the room you're standing in, but clearly facing the wrong way. Following the clearly-wrong geometry of the plane, you catch sight of many more copies suspended in the air as far as the eye can see, each one angled with haphazard randomness.

Day Seven began at 1800 CST / 2300 UTC, and will last for ~48 hours.

With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required for majority.