Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You obviously can't read in addition to not knowing warriors.

Here's what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    2. Absolutely make sure Recklessness is up for imps, this means don't even bother spending rage on anything except Wild Strike until Recklessness CD is reset.
    Further clarification, lets go. Wild Strike is Fury warriors main rage dump. The only other rage dump outside of 20% execute is Raging Blow, of which you get a stack if you enrage, capping at 2 stacks. Optimal single target DPS is to use Raging Blow at 2 stacks so you don't waste stacks and use WildStrike to dump rage in other situations. However, The warrior in OP's raid is under geared and probably only being brought for imp damage so its important that he do job to max imp damage.

The assumption in my statement is that the Fury warrior is running with 4-set. If he doesn't have 4-set he's not providing that much benefit unless they just need a body. In the amount of time until the next imp wave, ~40 seconds, you have to get enough Wild Strike crits to reset Recklessness, the main DPS cooldown for warriors. The tradeoff decision you have to make is should you spend rage on raging blow for a bit more single target dps or potentially lose out on a huge chunk of aoe dps if reck is not up for bladestorm. The same goes for cleave rotation with Whirlwind. A potential situation could be: theres a couple infernals I can cleave, my Recklessness is still at over 1 minute left on CD, imps are coming in 10 seconds, and I can spend rage on infernals or try to get two Wildstrike crits to rest Reckless. In this situation, I will trust my raid members that they can kill the infernal without my help so that I can do my job and blow up imps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Hurr? Stomping Imps ASAP is one of the most important things there, don't see why you should be salt about the fact that Warriors are good at it with facerollstorm.
    In the meantime there are 2 mages and a warlock.....

- - - Updated - - -

There's the forum troll again. Instead of throwing shade at me why don't you actually offer suggestions to the OP?
    Oh, so I should take a leaf out of your book and suggest the OP's raiders pad meters like you?

Warriors are best at imps, they do the most aoe dps with the least negative effect on single target dps. Don't be salty because warriors are best at this fight.
    So you never had a proper mage raid with you your entire life? Supernova doesn't exist now I guess?
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-06-07 at 05:23 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Maybe that's why you are stuck on p2, because players like you are focusing on padding meters rather than actually doing the fight properly and respecting the mechanics.
    Sounds like you havent played the fight, or youd known this is blatantly untrue. Padding meters is exactly what you want on this fight since all dmg done is dmg that needs doing and quick. Both imps and doomlord dmg are among the most important dmg you can do if you play a class that can multidot or cleave on infernals you want to do that so they dont beocme an issue from being up when enxt wave spawns.

So you never had a proper mage raid with you your entire life? Supernova doesn't exist now I guess?
    Other classes have AOE, hurr durr. Of course other classes can aoe if they want to. Doesn't mean its efficient. I'm sure other classes, with the right trinket RNG, setup, pre-casts, etc. etc. can get close to Bladestorm damage for one imp wave. However, I've stated very clearly that Bladestorm and 4-set allows warriors to max DPS to imps, every wave, every time, all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Sounds like you havent played the fight, or youd known this is blatantly untrue. Padding meters is exactly what you want on this fight since all dmg done is dmg that needs doing and quick. Both imps and doomlord dmg are among the most important dmg you can do if you play a class that can multidot or cleave on infernals you want to do that so they dont beocme an issue from being up when enxt wave spawns.
    You obviously haven't even bothered to click on the WCL link in the OP, which would have told you all that was needed with regards to the raid composition being more than sufficient for imp damage.

But let me clap for your refusal to see the context in which my post was written, instead zoning right into the realm of magical cherry picking and lifting peoples' words out of context.

- - - Updated - - -

Other classes have AOE, hurr durr. Of course other classes can aoe if they want to. Doesn't mean its efficient. I'm sure other classes, with the right trinket RNG, setup, pre-casts, etc. etc. can get close to Bladestorm damage for one imp wave. However, I've stated very clearly that Bladestorm and 4-set allows warriors to max DPS to imps, every wave, every time, all the time.
    At the expense of doomlord/boss damage.

What a good trade. Not. Just think about what single target damage mages, boomies and warlocks trade off for their aoe, and it's next to nothing too.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

You obviously haven't even bothered to click on the WCL link in the OP, which would have told you all that was needed with regards to the raid composition being more than sufficient for imp damage.
    You haven't even bothered to provide a single shred of useful information to the OP.

But let me clap for your refusal to see the context in which my post was written, instead zoning right into the realm of magical cherry picking and lifting peoples' words out of context.
    Makes zero sense. Typical trollish and hypocritical response.
    Infracted
    ------

Back on topic,

If the OP raid needs a bit more boss damage and adds are dying quick enough, I'd suggest the somebody with good single target burst focus more on the boss during ring and such and carry single target dps. As long as imps are dying way before they blink and aoe the whole raid it will be no problem. Not everybody has to aoe the imps if they are dying fast.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-06-08 at 04:48 AM.

You haven't even bothered to provide a single shred of useful information to the OP.
    And I ask you again, when you asked their warrior to pad on imps when imps damage was already more than sufficient between the warlock and mages, that was supposed to be useful information?

Makes zero sense. Typical trollish and hypocritical response.
    Makes zero sense if you don't realize that adding imp damage where it isn't needed is padding meters.

------
    Back on topic,

If the OP raid needs a bit more boss damage and adds are dying quick enough, I'd suggest the somebody with good single target burst focus more on the boss during ring and such and carry single target dps. As long as imps are dying way before they blink and aoe the whole raid it will be no problem. Not everybody has to aoe the imps if they are dying fast.
    So you do get it. You can do it if you try.

So if you raid with a Fury Warrior and do M Mannoroth, you'll tell him to do less aoe on imps cuz the other DPS specs need some of that sweet padding dmg love to cover up for the fact that your numbers will be garbage without it.

Good thing I don't raid with you. Cya later.

So if you raid with a Fury Warrior and do M Mannoroth, you'll tell him to do less aoe on imps cuz the other DPS specs need some of that sweet padding dmg love to cover up for the fact that your numbers will be garbage without it.

Quaint of you to admit you don't know that mages, warlocks and boomies don't really need to sacrifice single target to cleave.

In the meantime, you are still advocating sacrificing a big part of their warriors' single target damage to pad meters where imps aren't even an issue according to the OP's logs.

This reminds me of a few other players boasting about their dps on kormrok's hands when they die to passive cleave anyway. Yet their boss damage remains shitty, which is the damage that really matters.

Going by that p4 log, you had a lot of cleaving by your disc priest in p4. Either go to one side and don't soak them or just soak them properly. He did neither. A lot of unnecessary damage from the pools. Either feared into bad direction or people blatantly standing in the thinking they can't handle the shadowforce without them... Which leads me into the next issue. Your disc priest did terrible healing with shadowforces. Your monk can't uplift while running and your pala can't really do anything either, which makes it vital for you disc priest to preshield the group so that no one dies and the monk+pala can heal the raid up after shadowforces. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=182088

A lot more of that damage should've been absorbed.

But yeah, maybe the absorptions were being absorbed by people taking more than 10 ticks of the pool....
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=182031

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Going by that p4 log, you had a lot of cleaving by your disc priest in p4. Either go to one side and don't soak them or just soak them properly. He did neither. A lot of unnecessary damage from the pools. Either feared into bad direction or people blatantly standing in the thinking they can't handle the shadowforce without them... Which leads me into the next issue. Your disc priest did terrible healing with shadowforces. Your monk can't uplift while running and your pala can't really do anything either, which makes it vital for you disc priest to preshield the group so that no one dies and the monk+pala can heal the raid up after shadowforces. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=182088

A lot more of that damage should've been absorbed.

But yeah, maybe the absorptions were being absorbed by people taking more than 10 ticks of the pool....
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=182031
    Generally, it's safe to cast 1-2 times if you are running into the pools like most guilds do, I generally get off Halo + PoH and still not be even close to off the edge.

Tank by the pillar, 3 tanks, 4 marks for wrath easy. All about learning the movements

as a fellow fury warrior, all your comment is true and a GOOD tips for manny

@PosPosPos/whoever else say warrior aoestorm on manno is padding, 4pc fury warr is reduce 30s reckless cd on wild strike crits, so its possible to have reckless+bladestorm on every imp pack, and imp NEED TO DIE fast, its PRIORITY TARGET over mannoroth, how come youre saying its padding? my god, the faster imp die = the faster people change target back to manno, fury warr/demo/destro/enhance is the best for manno imps (big aoe without big ST loss) other classes can focus more on single target manno, and before you say "theres mage and locks bla bla" i wont say anything about mages, i havent play one, but as for destro, you can only save 4 embers, 2 ember for FnB CB, at max you can only CB+conflag+CB and havoc manny+shadowburn on the rest (if theyre below 20%) and do you really think 2 CB damage is enough to kill those imps? "hurr durr warrior losing so many ST damage for bladestorm" if you actually think avatar (which boost damage by 20% for 15sec) is better than bladestorm (3.5M bladestorm on manno + 26M imp) i think you should not comment about classes you dont play at optimal level

@Dedzio im not sure whose strat we using, but we using 3 tanks, use ring 3 second after manno pull (explode on 1st doom) all classes with immunity use their immunity on 3rd doom, and lust when entering last phase, i recorded our last kill, you can see when we pop the ring/lust etc if you want https://youtu.be/uQuLA-c0gZw
    and the logs of the vid https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=35
    Last edited by Clovedoper; 2016-06-08 at 09:59 PM. Reason: typo

Fury Warriors are nice to have, but when you have a Destuction Warlock, Combat Rogue, 2 Arcane Mages, 2 UH DKs, 2 Rets... you are overloading on how fast imps need to die, big time.

Doom Lords are a pretty huge priority, especially now when gear ilevels are so high Doom Lords can effectively be killed before they put up marks of doom, which is a much bigger boon to your raid than being able to kill imps maybe 1-2 seconds faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    when gear ilevels are so high Doom Lords can effectively be killed before they put up marks of doom
    I doubt that's reliably doable to a run of the mill guild (without ring).

Fury Warriors are nice to have, but when you have a Destuction Warlock, Combat Rogue, 2 Arcane Mages, 2 UH DKs, 2 Rets... you are overloading on how fast imps need to die, big time.

Doom Lords are a pretty huge priority, especially now when gear ilevels are so high Doom Lords can effectively be killed before they put up marks of doom, which is a much bigger boon to your raid than being able to kill imps maybe 1-2 seconds faster.
    on p1/p2 yeah sure, but on p3 when things go hectic and other got wrath or have to run out for felseeker etc, i find bladestorm really save the day (bladestorm also makes you immune to gaze if you targeted by it while bladestorming, more reason to chose this over avatar etc which wont line up with ring anyway)

Rets seriously suck at AOE and should be training doomguard and boss anyways. Mages do the same and focus on boss; rogue go sub to focus on boss. Leave the imps to fury and destro, boss HP melts faster = easier fight for all. Passive cleave from natural abilities are fine, but everyone shouldnt be speccing just for AoE "because imps are the most important"

Play as a team rather than everyone just trying to pad their face off for epeen meter points and boss wipes all night. There's only a limited amount of imp HP that needs to be taken out so people speccing just to try to grab a piece of that limited damage pie is padding. Let the classes who have the niche for AoE burst do it and leaves those classes who can be ST face melting gods do it without having to worry about adds and you get the most damage out of your raid

Quote Originally Posted by Clovedoper View Post
    as a fellow fury warrior, all your comment is true and a GOOD tips for manny

@PosPosPos/whoever else say warrior aoestorm on manno is padding, 4pc fury warr is reduce 30s reckless cd on wild strike crits, so its possible to have reckless+bladestorm on every imp pack, and imp NEED TO DIE fast, its PRIORITY TARGET over mannoroth, how come youre saying its padding? my god, the faster imp die = the faster people change target back to manno, fury warr/demo/destro/enhance is the best for manno imps (big aoe without big ST loss) other classes can focus more on single target manno, and before you say "theres mage and locks bla bla" i wont say anything about mages, i havent play one, but as for destro, you can only save 4 embers, 2 ember for FnB CB, at max you can only CB+conflag+CB and havoc manny+shadowburn on the rest (if theyre below 20%) and do you really think 2 CB damage is enough to kill those imps? "hurr durr warrior losing so many ST damage for bladestorm" if you actually think avatar (which boost damage by 20% for 15sec) is better than bladestorm (3.5M bladestorm on manno + 26M imp) i think you should not comment about classes you dont play at optimal level
    It's not padding if the imps damage is needed. However, it's not, if you bothered to look at the logs instead of arguing out of ignorance. Just like hands on Kormrok are priority targets, but if there is sufficient cleave nobody who isn't already on hands should pad on them.

I didn't only mention a single warlock, but nice strawman? The OP used 2 mages, 1 warlock and a boomy.

People who refuse to look at the context at hand and instead choosing to advocate maximizing meters for the sake of padding should really not comment at all in advice threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clovedoper View Post
    on p1/p2 yeah sure, but on p3 when things go hectic and other got wrath or have to run out for felseeker etc, i find bladestorm really save the day (bladestorm also makes you immune to gaze if you targeted by it while bladestorming, more reason to chose this over avatar etc which wont line up with ring anyway)
    Wrath? What does wrath have to do with imp damage? Unless of course, you are using some idiotic strat that places the stack point far away from the raid group, in which case it's a strat problem, not an imps problem.

Felseeker is all about not stacking back in immediately after Shadowforce, and not purposely "running out" for it. Imps don't line up with Shadowforce, so you are really just talking out of your ass at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    Rets seriously suck at AOE and should be training doomguard and boss anyways. Mages do the same and focus on boss; rogue go sub to focus on boss. Leave the imps to fury and destro, boss HP melts faster = easier fight for all. Passive cleave from natural abilities are fine, but everyone shouldnt be speccing just for AoE "because imps are the most important"

Play as a team rather than everyone just trying to pad their face off for epeen meter points and boss wipes all night. There's only a limited amount of imp HP that needs to be taken out so people speccing just to try to grab a piece of that limited damage pie is padding. Let the classes who have the niche for AoE burst do it and leaves those classes who can be ST face melting gods do it without having to worry about adds and you get the most damage out of your raid
    Wrong. Mages can just cast Supernova without losing any notable single target damage. Warriors should focus on ST instead of padding meters and lining up cooldowns on adds that already take sufficient cleave damage from other sources.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-06-09 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    A lot of sweeping generalizations in this thread. It depends on the guild. If they have a problem with imp damage having someone do imp damage is not a bad idea.

Yea it kinda got a bit off topic but the crux of it was the original warrior saying stuff like "never enrage on anything except before bladestorm" got him the padlord moniker.

That along with "we haven't killed the boss but mah deeps!" attitude. I looked at his logs, he has less than 80% enrage uptime and stuff like that. Yea he does good damage but is he playing well? Nop.