Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    The Swedish constitution. It was changed in 2010.

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/i-d...n-ny-grundlag/
    That seems like a very vague statement, all things considered, what does the law SPECIFICALLY; say,if i may ask?

- - - Updated - - -

No, but what you're suggesting, forced assimilation, isn't possible to do without violating human rights.
    Violating which ones?

No, but what you're suggesting, forced assimilation, isn't possible to do without violating human rights.
    Then they can go back to thier country. No country is under any obligation to take them in. No country needs them. They are there on good will. If they cant handle that and abide by the local customs and laws then they can gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Would never give any clicks to a "news" site like breitbart.
    Because fuck going outside your precious bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    you're getting integration confused with tolerance

you have to tolerate them while they integrate with your culture / society.

as they become a part of your Culture it will change the best of their culture will become a part of yours and the worst parts of their culture will hopefully be made illegal and unacceptable

if another culture refuses to integrate with yours it should leave your country and head to a country where they can integrate
    There really isnt anything good about their culture.
    Europe or Weston civilisation evolved from their primitive cultures around 500 to 1000 years ago so integrating their culture would be taking a step in the wrong direction.
    Just look at all of the European turning point in history the middle ages the separation of church and state the Renaissance to the industrial revolution Etc.
    None of this happened in the countries these people are coming from because they are essentially illogical irrational religious backward thinking shit holes

So then where do you cave when you are either choosing forced assimilation or legalizing sexual assault?

Also, how is forced assimilation a violation of human rights? Furthermore, it's not forced assimilation because nobody is forcing them to move into these countries. But if they want to move into those countries, then they should assimilate. Nobody is 'forcing' anything.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Well hopefully the relevant authorities have realised why it not such a good idea to put Shia security overseeing Sunni refugees.
    They should be able to not burn down buildings regardless of what religion/denomination the guards are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    So then where do you cave when you are either choosing forced assimilation or legalizing sexual assault?
    Don't ask me that. I wouldn't have taken those people in the first place if I got to decide the immigration policy here, it would be remade to be a purely beneficial policy instead of importing crime and unemployment. Any immigrants who commit crime would be deported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't I find this story anywhere else? Just saying. Torching an entire building is pretty big.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    The only reason america worked (aside from years of civil war) is because they were migrants from the same area wipeing out the native population. Westeners and the native americans coulnd live together. Just like the arabs and westeners cant live together due to opposing cultures, morals, norms and religious believes.

You do realise if you want to compare the 2, we are the indians

They dont integrate, they prefer to live amongst their own. They form ghetto's. and in their culture based around macho men, money and status, they result to crime as having a normal 9 to 5 job doesnt wield a maserati.

Also welfare doesnt help. They dont have to learn the language, hang out with natives, etc. They get a cheque every month that equals someone working 40h for minimum wage. They have no incentive.
    well... where to begin...
    I suppose I'll have to make a list:

1) the reason indians and european immigrants couldnt live together is pretty clear. We started slaughtering each other pretty soon. Nothing really to do with "culture". Slaughtering each other kind of makes cohabiting and interacting, harder.

2) we EUROPEANS are the indians?! There is not a SINGLE thing that would make us "the indians" in this hypothetical scenario of yours. We are superior in numbers by the millions, in economic and technological advancement by miles. With this comment of yours you both humiliated us europeans by comparing us to a bunch of loincloth wearing nomad population and AT THE SAME TIME offended american indians by somehow making a comparison between what is happening in Europe now and the genocide they went through.
    Not an easy task but you have achieved it. Be proud of yourself.

3) You used the word "they" 4 times in that sentence. Disgusting generalization. Thank god you're only a minority following a fashionable trend, otherwise I'd have to start worrying about the political consequences of such ideologies. Anyway, it has been argued for the last number of decades, that integration is indeed a two way street. What Germany and France did in the past did not help at all.

4) What country do you live in where a welfare cheque compares to 40h of minimum wage? Just curios. Secondly... "they" have to learn the language, if they want to buy milk or groceries, and their sons and daughters will learn the language. And hang out with natives. A potentially beneficial integrational approach isn't a magic wand that turns everything fine. It's more of a generational process spawning across a couple decades and more.

OT: Find the responsibles and send them back straight away. Once more this proves how unprepared Europe was to what was clearly happening. No infrastructures... no manpower... Iranian guards? the hell does that mean?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Why can't I find this story anywhere else? Just saying. Torching an entire building is pretty big.
    http://www.thelocal.de/20160607/130-...s-up-in-flames
    http://www.thelocal.de/20160608/six-...on-asylum-home

You can't have searched very hard.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-06-08 at 10:52 PM.

Don't ask me that. I wouldn't have taken those people in the first place if I got to decide the immigration policy here, it would be remade to be a purely beneficial policy instead of importing crime and unemployment. Any immigrants who commit crime would be deported.
    Ok, so back to the question: if sexual assault is a 'crime' in your country but not in their beliefs, expecting them to abide by those sexual assault laws would be forced assimilation.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    actually i thought about whe reading the OP: how long will it take to someone shout "huehue breitbart"
    Use a lughable source and expect to get laughed at. I would say the same thing if the source came from an extremist left wing "news" site.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Yeah, no. That's pretty blatantly false. It doesn't add up with known data. 20-25% of them are criminals, for one, here. Then you've got all sorts of shady shit going on that's not known, too.
    So what you're saying is that a good portion of the refugees are basically just on a prison break from their own country, fleeing justice.
    I don't believe in those statistics at all, really. If you leave out kids, that might amount to half of them being criminals.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Ok, so back to the question: if sexual assault is a 'crime' in your country but not in their beliefs, expecting them to abide by those sexual assault laws would be forced assimilation.
    Assimilation relates to culture, not law. Enforcing the law isn't assimilation.

Deleted
    "forced assimilation" which actually translates to "making sure their kids get an education"

Can someone define "forced assimilation"?

Is it as simple as "follow the laws or be punished", or is it "abandon your backwards culture and adopt ours"?

Surely, you guys aren't in favor of thought policing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Use a lughable source and expect to get laughed at. I would say the same thing if the source came from an extremist left wing "news" site.
    Deciding that something isn't true simply because of its source is called ad hominem. Refusing to believe articles from sites that you personally ordain as 'automatically wrong' is ridiculous.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Difference is that thelocal doesn't make an unsubstaniated claim about it being over a lake of wakeup call.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Did some googling and other news sources say 6 were arrested and are being investigated.
    This is what annoys me, each time something like this happens, it often comes to light its a minority, but hardly anyone gives a shit because its not juicy gossip so to speak

Anyways you upset me, I was hoping when I saw the quote notification for someone to reply saying no send them all back! And I was going to say good idea, while were at it, lets burn all the germans for the nazi actions. You sir, have ruined my night by supporting my argument

Assimilation relates to culture, not law. Enforcing the law isn't assimilation.
    By enforcing the law you are forcing them to abandon their culture, rape culture in this particular case. They must abandon this 'culture' if they wish to follow the law.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Can someone define "forced assimilation"?

Is it as simple as "follow the laws or be punished", or is it "abandon your backwards culture and adopt ours"?

Surely, you guys aren't in favor of thought policing...
    It's when law and 'culture' conflict.