Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    You people do realise that copying a book you borrow from the library is infringing on copyright, right? It's the same basic idea. Or making a copy of the movie you get out from the video store (Apparently a few of those still exist?). Downloading a YouTube video is the same basic idea.

I mean yeah, it's not gonna stop anyone from doing it, but just because it's available online for free and you have to download it to your computer, doesn't mean it isn't protected by copyright law.

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    You people do realise that copying a book you borrow from the library is infringing on copyright, right? It's the same basic idea. Or making a copy of the movie you get out from the video store (Apparently a few of those still exist?). Downloading a YouTube video is the same basic idea.

I mean yeah, it's not gonna stop anyone from doing it, but just because it's available online for free and you have to download it to your computer, doesn't mean it isn't protected by copyright law.
    Yeah, people just like making excuses for wrong doing... how is going to a local bookstore and just taking pictures of every page really that different from stealing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    See, there's the grey area. The uploaders aren't the ones suing, it's Youtube. Unless Youtube's policy states that they have right to enforce their rules in terms of how the content can be distributed, then they really don't have any grounds to go after people for it. If I choose to upload to Youtube with a "Download at will" disclaimer, does Youtube really have the right to tell people they can't download my content? That aside, it seems pretty clear that TubeNinja has a very clear ToS policy that states, "The user is responsible for the legitimacy of the content they use our service for." Again, this isn't TubeNinja's fault that people are using it illegally. At the end of the day, it's coming down to money, where neither is in the right, but also neither is in the wrong. Youtube is trying to claim ownership and control over content that is posted by others, and TubeNinja is trying to defend themselves by saying, "Our ToS clearly says don't do things illegal so we're not at fault."
    except that youtube doesnt even takedown offending videos you can go on youtube and find hacking tutorials,virus ridden links which should be a thing of the past o nyoutube cos most sites should scan URL's for malicous content, i find it funny youtube wants to clamp down on stuff yet there site is full of the stuff they want to clamp down on