Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Do you tip?
    I don't. Uber seems to be trying to reset the clock on tipping. I've had drivers tell me that you don't tip in Uber. I'd like to keep it that way, so that it doesn't become yet another tipping service. I like that I can decide not to carry cash, can get out on the other side of the trip without having to deal with cash or any other payment systems.

Not having to deal with that stuff is half the reason I use Uber. If the drivers feel they need more money, that's something they should take up with Uber, not with the consumer.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't. Uber seems to be trying to reset the clock on tipping. I've had drivers tell me that you don't tip in Uber. I'd like to keep it that way, so that it doesn't become yet another tipping service. I like that I can decide not to carry cash, can get out on the other side of the trip without having to deal with cash or any other payment systems.

Not having to deal with that stuff is half the reason I use Uber. If the drivers feel they need more money, that's something they should take up with Uber, not with the consumer.
    Uber generally has a "you don't need to tip" philosophy. I don't even know if it's allowed via the app. Lyft on the other hand does give you an option to tip, if I'm not mistaken.

I actually just signed up for Lyft. One of their main selling points is that you, as a driver, get to keep 100% of your tips in full. I also spoke to a buddy of mine who also drove for Lyft and he said they have pretty good driver protection policies. Some drunk guy threw up in his car and Lyft reimbursed him $300 to take care of the cleaning, all he had to do was send them some pictures. I think I'm going to try Lyft out for awhile and if it's not working out for me, I'll give Uber a shot. Uber seems to be more popular in my area but also has rowdier passengers (i.e. young drunk people - I should know, I am one )

Overall the process seems easy so far, it took me 5 minutes to create an account and enter in my personal information. Next I have to do a 45 minute training session with a "mentor" - I got to pick the time and date, which was easy. Seems like after that, all that's left is for me to wait for the background check to be completed, which they said can take anywhere from a few days to two weeks. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Really? I always thought that was the point of their different categories and prices on cars where more spacious cars cost more and so on. Don't see why they couldn't have an option for a single person.
    Yeah I guess it would limit me to much? Its annoying, because I was sort of looking forward to driving for them. I mean I have a back seat and its pretty spacious, you just don't have a door. Plenty of trunk space as well. Maybe I'll try calling and getting an exception?

@Sky High what do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

I know with Lyft you CAN tip with the app, cash less.

I like it this way. It asks you to rate/tip 10 minutes after you have been dropped off. I generally tip well anyway, but I like it better this way because there is no pressure. You can leave low stars and no tip if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yeah I guess it would limit me to much? Its annoying, because I was sort of looking forward to driving for them. I mean I have a back seat and its pretty spacious, you just don't have a door. Plenty of trunk space as well. Maybe I'll try calling and getting an exception?

@Sky High what do you think?
    nah that is one of the base requirements. has to have 4 doors for easy entry, handicap requirements and all that.

Deleted
    is this a new trend with businesses to use internet acroynyms like uber or spell wrong to seem like its cool and out of the box with lyft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    is this a new trend with businesses to use internet acroynyms like uber or spell wrong to seem like its cool and out of the box with lyft
    Uber is an actual German word, it's not an internet acronym at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    Its Germanic language "rewritten" in English, Über Uber=Superior Lyft=Lift but can also be interpreted as "boost success"
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-06-09 at 04:59 AM.

Ive thought about it, but then remembered I don't want people in my car(which i keep like new)
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements