Angry My Friend said, my Pharah drawing is too smiley... =.= Check for yourself.

So, my friend "A" asked me to draw Pharah for him because he saw how good my D.VA drawing is. However, I'm not fond of drawing robots and mechs because of all the details on the armors, and Pharah wears the whole body armor. lol However, I don't want to disappoint him, so I can at least do a quick sketchy style drawing of Pharah for him.

This friend "A" was so happy that I actually do it for him, and he satisfies with it. He only said, she just look a bit happier compare to the in game and look a bit of cute in a way. Then come this friend "B", he said, my Pharah is "too" smiley... I mean Pharah is human too right? No matter how tough a human being is, he/she will at least smile once or twice, am I right? Not to mention the smile I did on Pharah is a badass smile too.

Anyway, what do you guys think of my sketchy Pharah fan art? And my D.VA fan art too if you haven't seen it yet.

Here is my sketchy Pharah fan art:

And here is my previous D.VA fan art:

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you care too much about what your friend thinks..

OT: Looks great. Wouldn't be able to draw better myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are both pretty darn good! I would say it might be how "chibi" Pharahs face is, not so much the smile they are referencing. Which is not bad, just maybe not how they think she should be portrayed. Ayway I like them, Awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by Piwoot View Post
    I think you care too much about what your friend thinks..

OT: Looks great. Wouldn't be able to draw better myself.
    Nah, I didn't take it seriously at all nor personally. lol It's just a "war" between friends, trying to prove each other wrong in a "healthy" way, get me? and Thanks! XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fortydragon View Post
    These are both pretty darn good! I would say it might be how "chibi" Pharahs face is, not so much the smile they are referencing. Which is not bad, just maybe not how they think she should be portrayed. Ayway I like them, Awesome job!
    You mean too Anime? It's not Chibi. If it's Chibi, it will look like a bady. lol Anyway, I drew them in Anime style purposely actually, since I adore the Anime style. Also, my friend "A" that I drew the Pharah for is a Anime/Manga's fan too. Of course, he loves my Pharah piece. He only said, she looks a bit happier than in game.

Mission Statement, the short comic featuring Pharah, does in fact prove that she has emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Mission Statement, the short comic featuring Pharah, does in fact prove that she has emotions.
    Nice! Now I have more proves to prove him is wrong. Haha... Thanks!

Ignore your friend.
    They are very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Ignore your friend.
    They are very good.
    Thanks! I don't take it that seriously actually. It's just a "war" between friends, trying to prove each other wrong in a "healthy" way.

This is what she looks like immediately after she manages to get her ultimate off without being shot out of the sky. I'd be happy too if my last words didn't alway seem to be "JUSTICE RAINS FROM.... AUGH BLARG!"
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Deleted
    Ignore your friend! looks amazing!, and i love your D.VA Soooo cute :O

Pharah should smile more!

Quote Originally Posted by Korle View Post
    Ignore your friend! looks amazing!, and i love your D.VA Soooo cute :O
    Thanks!

I love reading and hearing comments and reactions of others. They really boost up my motivation to draw more and more. It's like a infinite energy source that keep on motivate me on the field of arts.

Looks good, but it is indeed too smiley/cute etc. Pharah is a soldier and if you want to capture her character, she should (with very many pinches of salt, art is art) appear very strict and commanding. She's a grown military woman, not an anime fanservice 14 year old girl, to make it very blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Looks good, but it is indeed too smiley/cute etc. Pharah is a soldier and if you want to capture her character, she should (with very many pinches of salt, art is art) appear very strict and commanding. She's a grown military woman, not an anime fanservice 14 year old girl, to make it very blunt.
    Mate, it called "Fan Art", and you don't want to expect any kind of fan service? Where have you been? lol Also, my pieces already minimized the fan service to the minimum compare to tons of other fan arts of Overwatch out there lol, check it yourself. They are either showing a lot of skins or making very seductive poses .

I like them. It's nice to see someone slightly out of character every once and a while.

She has too much of an anime style look imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see what your friend is saying, it just doesn't really match Pharah's character. It looks more like a polite smile rather than a confident smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Sasori0o View Post
    Mate, it called "Fan Art", and you don't want to expect any kind of fan service? Where have you been? lol Also, my pieces already minimized the fan service to the minimum compare to tons of other fan arts of Overwatch out there lol, check it yourself. They are either showing a lot of skins or making very seductive poses .
    As I said art is art, you can draw whatever you want. If you want to explicitly draw Pharah for someone though, you will need to go the route I described just above. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    As I said art is art, you can draw whatever you want. If you want to explicitly draw Pharah for someone though, you will need to go the route I described just above. Nothing else.
    The friend "A" that I drew it for love it! He's satisfied. He is also a Anime/Manga fan just like me. The one that said my Pharah is too smiley is my friend "B", who has nothing related to my drawing... Of course, if I draw for someone I will make that person satisfied with my work. I have did few requested drawings from my friends before, and most of them are satisfied, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by o0Sasori0o View Post
    So, my friend "A" asked me to draw Pharah for him because he saw how good my D.VA drawing is. However, I'm not fond of drawing robots and mechs because of all the details on the armors, and Pharah wears the whole body armor. lol However, I don't want to disappoint him, so I can at least do a quick sketchy style drawing of Pharah for him.

This friend "A" was so happy that I actually do it for him, and he satisfies with it. He only said, she just look a bit happier compare to the in game and look a bit of cute in a way. Then come this friend "B", he said, my Pharah is "too" smiley... I mean Pharah is human too right? No matter how tough a human being is, he/she will at least smile once or twice, am I right? Not to mention the smile I did on Pharah is a badass smile too.

Anyway, what do you guys think of my sketchy Pharah fan art? And my D.VA fan art too if you haven't seen it yet.
    A: if your 'friend' doesn't like your stylistic choices tell him to do it himself.

B: not sure why this needed a 2nd topic, when there's already a 'my art' topic by you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.