Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Invulon View Post
    Come on guys, This is not MMO Champion Forums - Legion Beta Key Giveaway.

Just because people arent active on forums does not mean they arent part of the community.
    I have been following this site for 7-8 years easily and became member at some point it seems.

It doesnt give me any more or less chance to win in a contest. Everyone gets a fair chance.
    There are more contests to follow.
    If you are contributing in no way it means exactly that you are not part of the community.

Not that it matters. The giveaway rules were clear. Anyone could win.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

7+ Year Old Account
    blah i never win any betas *sadface*
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If you are contributing in no way it means exactly that you are not part of the community.

Lol would be funny if they said only entrants with a 1k or more could enter , the shitstorm would be funny.

Deleted
    At this point I f.....g give up.

Beta key contests entered : Wowhead w1,w2,w3 (not over yet) ; MMO-Champ w1,w2 ; Jeuxvideo ; Icy veins ; Tradechat ; Blizzard's wishpond (not over yet) = no beta key
    Streamers I watch that do/did giveaway's : Venruki,Towelliee and Mes = no beta key

7+ Year Old Account
    No beta club for life. For me its just good fun though, I don't expect to win any beta key but the idea of maybe is entertaining to me

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Gonna have to say you are completely full of crap. Just because someone doesn't post doesn't mean they are not part of the community. "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt" .

Quote Originally Posted by kose321 View Post

Beta key contests entered : Wowhead w1,w2,w3 (not over yet) ; MMO-Champ w1,w2 ; Jeuxvideo ; Icy veins ; Tradechat ; Blizzard's wishpond (not over yet) = no beta key
    Streamers I watch that do/did giveaway's : Venruki,Towelliee and Mes = no beta key
    Same... FeelsBadMan.

Quote Originally Posted by kose321 View Post

I did almost the same. At this point I don't care anymore if I win one or not. It's better if I experience it whole at the release when things will be polished.

So when is the next mmo-champ contest? Tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    So when is the next mmo-champ contest? Tomorrow?
    Chaud said that there won't be another unless Blizzard decides to give them more keys.

I have high hopes for the Blizzard giveaway.. 5.2k keys is A LOT and I'm sure since it's Blizzard they'll do very well in tracking down fake/cheat entries.

If I don't get one from that, fuck this shit. Makes me feel even worse about my already terrible luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I still never recieved a confirmation email from that contest so I feel I won't hear anything, I asked Blizz and they said it was nothing to do with them and they couldnt help me
    I got my confirmation a few hours after I signed up. What answers did you select?

Got my key! Didn't expect to win at all, stoked

I answered Sargaras and Azzinoth same as my bf expet he got an email a few mins later and I never recieved one at all and this was the day the comp went live.
    Did you use the same internet as him to join the contest?

- - - Updated - - -

Also why does it seem like all the new accounts being created are the ones who are winning..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also yeah they should have put a 50 post minimum rule on the competition as many came here just to spam not be apart of the community.
    Let's strap them to a rocket and send the demons back to the Nether

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    god danm all these new accounts with 20 or less posts who won the contest... sigh... and they will probebly never return
    Aye, they should really have been disqualified.

Being part of "a community" doesn't mean reading the front page every once in a while; it means being a part of an active social group that communicates. That said, some low posters have activity that goes back a couple of years and that's a different thing.

Were it me, I'd have disqualified cheaters, disqualified people who only ever posted in the competition, weeded out the screen shots that were completely random and had nothing to do with not being prepared, and then picked winners from the rest.

As it stands, giving keys to people who have clearly only came here to win one is a bit... Well, it's not exactly appreciating the community that comes here on a daily basis and actually interacts. You know, the people who I'm sure the keys were actually aimed at when Blizzard made them available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Not true, just wait till the expansion after Legion.
    They'll forget their username/password and make another account.

Jeez, stop complaining about new accounts entering the giveaway, that is the whole point of those things... How many of you previously watched, and will carry on watching Towliee and all those other streamers, how many posts do you have on Icy-Veins and Wowhead? Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post

Being part of "a community" doesn't mean reading the front page every once in a while; it means being a part of an active social group that communicates. That said, some low posters have activity that goes back a couple of years and that's a different thing.

Were it me, I'd have disqualified cheaters, disqualified people who only ever posted in the competition, weeded out the screen shots that were completely random and had nothing to do with not being prepared, and then picked winners from the rest.

As it stands, giving keys to people who have clearly only came here to win one is a bit... Well, it's not exactly appreciating the community that comes here on a daily basis and actually interacts - you know, the people who I'm sure the keys were actually aimed at.
    I would also isqualify all users with nicknames starting on a letter different than O.

It's a giveaway, not a competition. You're rolling the dice, you signed up for it, claiming that you should be given a higher chance of rolling 6 in this is just wrong. If anything, blame Blizzard for using beta keys as a way to promote the new expansion, not a way to really gather feedback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post

None of the rules stated people had to be "part of the community" or anything else, so not sure why people are complaining. Sometimes its also better for people to lurk around then add useless comments and forum topics to the forums that wouldnt add anything to discussion or whatever.

And like Alnilam81 said, im pretty sure 90% of us have entered giveaways elsewhere where they weren´t "part of the community" either.

Gratz to all the winners!