Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Be Honest. How is Legion's Endgame?

Okay. So we all know Legion's storytelling throughout its zones are going to be top notch, and they are going to be awesome. WoD's leveling was an improvement but story was eh, so I have no doubt it's going to improve in Legion.

However.

HOWEVER...

The endgame. This I think is going to be big thing that will make or break people for WoW. Ever since Wrath, Blizzard has pushed more and more of its design to get players to its endgame more and more. So, title says it all. How is it?

And I don't want to hear from everyone saying that "OOH its awesome!!! So much content"!! Yeah. The same thing was said for WoD. I want to hear from the guys that were able to accurately predict from WoD's beta that its endgame was going to be a big cluster boring fest we're we only sit in garrison. So be real with me. How is it?

Two of my friends that got into beta said its better than WoD, but not much different. There will still be issues, especially boredom.

Thanks to those that answer.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's cool. I looked at it from a more hardcore/progression perspective in this article you can read or watch:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Legion-endgame

Deleted
    I think the FIRST Endcontent is better than WoD.
    In the End the Expansion will stand and fall with its major content patches, but this is something you cant predict from beta.

But regarding the first Endcontent.

I really hated garisons during wod beta, but i think that the order halls are much better. Let me give you some examples
    - You dont have to stay that long in your order hall (no mine, no herb garden, profession are not bound to the order hall, etc.
    you are only there to change your weapons apperiance and take some quests
    - The order hall has a diffrent style for your alts (diffrent order hall for every class. Doesnt work if you have like 7 warri chars )

At least for me i can count pvp as endgame content again. I focus on PvE and Mythic Raiding. That beeing said, i have not enough time left to do high arena ratings. Nowadays the best cosmetic rewards come from high rating (titles, transmog, etc). There is no real reward for casually doing bgs for example. That changes with legion. The Prestige System is "progress based" instead of "skill based" and you get rewarded within this new system, which is at least great for me.

In addition to that you have already at launch a max level zone (Suramar), which you didnt have in WoD.

Or small groups of player seeking hard pve challenges were bored with WoD, but with legion they get the mythic+ dungeons.

In the End it depends what you want from the game (pve,pvp, casual, etc.). Then you can make a statement if it has more/the same/or less content than wod for you

Legion is pretty much a mash up of every expansion that has come before it. There's questing, professions, rep, pvp, treasures/toys, dungeons, missions, world bosses and raids. The big sea change being that they've introduced some things that they hope will keep dungeons and questing relevant throughout the entire expansion.

The better question would be what did you hate about WoD's endgame and what did you love about previous expansions? then I'll give you an idea of how those things work in legion.

Trying to label the endgame as good or bad on a game in Beta is like saying Donald Trump is a great President even though the elections have not even started.

10+ Year Old Account
    suramar is the end game
    enjoy your lore quests
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

So far there's plenty to do. I'm not sure how that'll be 5 months into the expac, or even a year later. Apparently a lot of unanswered questions have been answered and we'll see that on friday of this week, so that's something to think about as well.

There's viable endgame 5 man content as endgame now for the first time. That alone should satisfy a lot of people's itch for "shit to do".

World quests rewards increase as your ilevel increases so they will be rewarding for pretty much ever. I think the loot hits a ceiling after a while but even then you can grind for a chance to pick up a legendary.

Suramar is lore quests but that's not really endgame so much as its just pure content.

But compared to literally every past expansion Legion just has objectively more endgame stuff to do, whether its good though you'll just have to play it to see. But from what I've played it's ������������������������������������������������������������ good shit go౦ԁ sHit������ thats ✔ some good������������shit right������������th ������ ere������������������ right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self ������ i say so ������ thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ������ ������������ ������НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ������ ������������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������������Good shit

It's complete garbage. GW2 has better lore and endgame content. It's objectively the worst expansion in every measurable aspect you could possible think of. There, happy now?

Deleted
    Trying to label the endgame as good or bad on a game in Beta is like saying Donald Trump is a great President even though the elections have not even started.
    ^

You can't really judge the endgame on a Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    ^

You can. There were many that predicted what would happen in WOD's endgame long-term and most of them were right.

OP, the truth is that your friends are right and wrong. Legion's endgame is decent but still not the revelation I think many are seeking when it comes to longevity of their game time.

In terms of good, Suramar is definitely up there in terms of enjoyment. It's really well done, so you will like it. Raiding will be enjoyable like always. And the mythic 5 mans should surely be fun.

But.. that's just it. We have been through that dance before. Once Suramar is done, it will probably take a few mini patches for them to resume Suramar's storyline. Mythic 5 man rewards haven't been clarified yet. For all we know, and this is definitely the case knowing the Blizzard, I predict it will just be RNG boxes like in WoD garrisons meant to reward random loot based upon how high your mythic 5 man clears were for that week.

Bounties is world quests, Paragon leveling is basically artifact power... If you liked that from Diablo 3, then you will probably enjoy it.

But yeah, as for my opinion, honestly, a couple classes are actually boring to play. And lastly, I did get bored playing at some point... So take this with a grain of salt but wait for more opinions until they finish up on the beta patches, and you see more opinions coming in.

^

I think you can though seeing how the game is around 2 months away from release. It won't be much different than it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    You can.
    I tend to agree more with Isoe primarily because no one knows at this point what the patch content will look like and that has a lot to do with how endgame goes over the entire course of the expansion. It's silly to state categorically that it's one or the other with no knowledge of what's ahead. There is certainly more stuff to do at endgame that involves actually taking your player out into the world and swinging a weapon at something than in Warlords. But lots of people make predictions like "It'll suck" or "It'll be great" and frankly they're talking out of their ass with an expansion that's still in beta. There's not enough information yet.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I also forgot to say that professions didn't really get the rehaul like they are making it sound. You just need to complete quests to get the recipe and do the extra tidbits to use less materials overall.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    But compared to literally every past expansion Legion just has objectively more endgame stuff to do, whether its good though you'll just have to play it to see. But from what I've played it's ������������������������������ ������������������������������ good shit go౦ԁ sHit������ thats ✔ some good������������shit right������������th ������ ere������������������ right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self ������ i say so ������ thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ������ ������������ ������НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ����� � ������������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������������Good shit
    Uh, you okay mate?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You won't find a lot of honesty in these forums. Most of the people in here would cut their dick off if it meant they could defend Blizzard.

In regards to the thread, most of it looks promising to me but how many times has Blizzard burnt us now? I'm staying pessimistic.
    Once, I've been burned by Blizzard once. With WoD

There are quests,dungeons,raids. What more do you want? The real test is patch content.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You won't find a lot of honesty in these forums. Most of the people in here would cut their dick off if it meant they could defend Blizzard.

In regards to the thread, most of it looks promising to me but how many times has Blizzard burnt us now? I'm staying pessimistic.
    You don't spend a lot of time on these forums if you think people here spend their time defending Blizzard.

That said, I find the Legion end-game to be filled with things to do. You'll still find bitter people who will always say the expansion/game sucks no matter what Blizzard does, while at the same time saying Classic had more things to do (check the general discussion thread for this nonsense argument), but Legion's end-game looks promising.

WoD saw virtually no major content outside of raids and mythic dungeons (which were instantly irrelevant) added in content patches. Tanaan was just rares, treasures, and some dailies, the zone was already complete before launch. Judging by that, the beta is indicative of what we can expect, and we'll probably see 3 raids just like WoD with EN/NH released in the first 6 months, just like WoD. This is really World of Diablocraft: WoD 2.0.

There's basically nothing to do but grind or wait around for missions after a week of playing. If people still think there's lots of content there, they haven't actually played much. So there's really not much endgame. The PvP is absolute shit right now and the balance changes they're making are actually worsening this situation, not improving it. We can't test raiding because they haven't enabled it, even though they're starting class balance (because hehe class balance based on 20 second boss kills and big trash packs that die in 5 seconds is super duper useful n stuff). But mythic+ dungeons are a pretty boring concept, and mostly pointless given titanforged items. It's just another grind, and a bad attempt at making content last longer in the expansion (a very big hint that they don't plan on adding more). Far from interesting. Even in D3 at least when you do high GRs there's a lot of randomness that you have to manipulate to do well, so it's not always the exact same thing.

Oh and Suramar isn't some big savior of questing content that you think it is. It's about 100 quests that you unlock via rep or via mana grinds and just exploring the zone, and there's less than 10 hours of play in the zone before you're done, including grinding for mana to unlock all the leylines. They didn't even make training interesting. It's just a solo crawler with minions that you have to pay mana to play and can only play once a day. Does this remind anyone of mobile apps and Facebook games? Yeah, they didn't learn with the command table, which is even more important in this expansion. Top kek.

After a month or two, most people will be over basically everything in this expansion. I hope you like raiding because that's literally the only thing that's going to be good.