Does it looks like FoE is a required talent to take for most situations? I'm personally not a fan of the gameplay it offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    Is it intended to be like that?
    Not naming names, because I don't want to get friends in trouble, but some members of the QA team feel it should be relocatable while casting.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quote Originally Posted by cyous View Post
    not naming names, because i don't want to get friends in trouble, but some members of the qa team feel it should be relocatable while casting.
    we need names cyous! We need names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

Deleted
    As i can see on the beta. Our Druid SET is only focus on CRIT / MASTERY on most of the part.

Will it be our main stats to begin raids ?

Does anyone have suggestions for a leveling build?

treants renewal resto-affinity typhoon,astral communion, SotF, FoE.
    Can swap to Stellar Drift if you find yourself not using FoE enough.

Pull mobs with Moonfire, pop treants when they are close, sunfire > starfall> typhoon if they didnt die, starfall again. fill in the gaps with moon

Which legendary would you say is the next best after the ring? I kinda tend to the belt if it even works on spells.
    The head playstyle seems kinda awkward, but didnt had the chance to test the change to 90 ap yet and the Bracer just dont seem good enough.

I don't think Cinidaria is all that great. The >90% phase is generally pretty short even on raid bosses.

Depending on what you're dealing with, Prydaz might also be quite useful. Dead DPS still do the lowest damage.

Oneth and Dreamcatcher will depend on the fight.

Oneth's will be the best for AOE-heavy encounters.
    Dreamcatcher is great for an ungodly amount of burst DPS. So if something really needs to die, Dreamcatcher will allow us to dump ~12 SS's worth of damage in 10sec. (I did the math earlier.)
    Fel Essence dominates your average encounter (mostly ST, some MT).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Dreamcatcher is great for an ungodly amount of burst DPS. So if something really needs to die, Dreamcatcher will allow us to dump ~12 SS's worth of damage in 10sec. (I did the math earlier.)
    Which talents did you use for that? I can only think of 3 Starsurges AC 4 Starsurges or did you use Inc/CA with Wrath between the Starsurges?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Oneth's will be the best for AOE-heavy encounters.
    Fel Essence dominates your average encounter (mostly ST, some MT).
    Sounds about right. Really makes me wonder what Cinidaria is supposed to be good for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdidum View Post
    Which talents did you use for that? I can only think of 3 Starsurges AC 4 Starsurges or did you use Inc/CA with Wrath between the Starsurges?
    Dreamcatcher:
    Starting at 100 ASP.
    SS, SS, SS -> -40, -30 -20 :: 10 ASP remains
    WOE, LS, SS, LS :: 10 ASP remains
    AC :: 85 ASP remains
    SS, MF, SS, SnF --> 65, 68, 48, 51 (refreshing dots) :: 51 ASP remains
    SS, SW, SS, SW, SS --> 31, 37, 17, 21, 1 :: 1 ASP remains
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    if you have half moon... HM, SS :: 21, 1 :: (1 ASP remains)

GCDs used: 15

SS: 9
    LS: 2
    SW: 2
    directDOT: 2
    Last edited by Cyous; 2016-06-13 at 09:24 PM.

For those who have played Balance so far in the Beta, can anyone say what boomy's are really good at, and really poor at??
    So far I've gathered that they are top tier single target, have good burst for priority target switching, great at short burst AoE with FoE/full moon, great at sustained aoe (on long lasting mobs) with dots and starfall. They have a fair bit of utility with innervate, battleres and affinities.

And thier weaknesses are....? bit of ramp up time on trash that dies quickly?

I normally have guardian as my main spec but considering Balance in legion. So far they are looking pretty strong if I think even-handedly about it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeron View Post
    For those who have played Balance so far in the Beta, can anyone say what boomy's are really good at, and really poor at??
    So far I've gathered that they are top tier single target, have good burst for priority target switching, great at short burst AoE with FoE/full moon, great at sustained aoe (on long lasting mobs) with dots and starfall. They have a fair bit of utility with innervate, battleres and affinities.

And thier weaknesses are....? bit of ramp up time on trash that dies quickly?

I normally have guardian as my main spec but considering Balance in legion. So far they are looking pretty strong if I think even-handedly about it
    Single target comes down to tuning. Strong priority target switching yep, strong burst aoe yep. I'm not sure about starfall being strong for sustained, either way sustained aoe is extremely rare in raids. It might be good in dungeons depending on tuning. Our utility is poor, affinities does not bring anything special and innervate is very weak.

Weaknesses:
    Worst defensive cooldowns in the game, poor selfhealing (even when specced for it).
    Very little utility. (Innervate is very weak).

Overall it is looking alright, our Strong prio target damage and burst aoe alone should be enough of a reason to bring us to raids over most other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Single target comes down to tuning. Strong priority target switching yep, strong burst aoe yep. I'm not sure about starfall being strong for sustained, either way sustained aoe is extremely rare in raids. It might be good in dungeons depending on tuning. Our utility is poor, affinities does not bring anything special and innervate is very weak.

Weaknesses:
    Worst defensive cooldowns in the game, poor selfhealing (even when specced for it).

Overall it is looking alright, our Strong prio target damage and burst aoe alone should be enough of a reason to bring us to raids over most other specs.
    I do miss the days of having tons of utility, defensive cds and healing. After looking at the badass cds just a starting level 100 arcane mage had I was like....what the hell?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the days where a good balance druid included their ability to properly use their utility spells to help the raid. How I miss my tranq.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post

Weaknesses:

Thanks for the reply. On the topic of sustained aoe - given the importance of dungeons now with Mythic+, does anyone think sustained aoe will be more important considering trash will live longer? (I think it was 8% more mob HP with each level of difficulty). If so, I can see us doing quite well in legion for progression line mythic+ runs, whereas we aren't so much in a good position for CM's in WoD.

We can also keep that pressure up consistently on every trash pull for faster/timed runs as we are only gated by astral power, whereas many other classes are gated behind long CD's. To provide an example, WW monk cleave is ridiculously tasty (bursty) for maybe 1 trash pack out of 3 due to longer CD's on SEF/Strike of the windlord combo's and the gating of dragon punch behind other abilties being on CD.

I can see innervate being quite handy especially with the haste buff added to it from the artifact traits.

In terms of defensive CD's, will we actually require that many? given;

- we have 200% more armor from moonkin form,
    - 10% damage reduction from guardian affinity,
    - renewal could allow a quick self heal or displacer can allow avoidance of most mechanics altogether
    - barkskin for 20% more reduction

I mean its no deterrence/iceblock/bubble but we could always revert to bear for the 30% stam if absolutely needed right? We'd also have ironfur for more armor and frenzied regen for another self heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeron View Post
    In terms of defensive CD's, will we actually require that many? given;

- we have 200% more armor from moonkin form,
    - 10% damage reduction from guardian affinity,
    - renewal could allow a quick self heal or displacer can allow avoidance of most mechanics altogether
    - barkskin for 20% more reduction

I mean its no deterrence/iceblock/bubble but we could always revert to bear for the 30% stam if absolutely needed right? We'd also have ironfur for more armor and frenzied regen for another self heal.
    - Moonkin Form Armor = Bear Form Armor (after artifact bonus).
    - Passive is passive.
    - Renewal is a 2min cooldown. DB and WC only work if you can heal back the damage you've taken. And you simply cannot recover much of anything before a charge charges your again, or the rogue auto-steps behind you.
    - Barkskin is the weakest "active" DR spell.

We literally have Barkskin and Dash. Self-healing doesn't exist. Kiting is laughable (Dash is awful, because you need to be in cat form).

We don't have partners, we have babysitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    Isn't haste the top single target stat though due to it decreasing cast times GCD's and dots damage?

Which is why bloodlust is stronger then a mastery trinket proc? ;o
    That's more to do with Bloodlust being larger than a trinket proc and usually coming at pre-determined points in a fight, so you time everything you can to go with it.

In raid our AoE was ok, but it was nerfed couple times after that. But in the dungeon is extremely difficult to find a class that is worse than us. Even FoE is too slow compared to AoE short cooldowns other classes.

Poor that for the first raid we will have to dress in mythic dungeon and it is unlikely someone will be glad to have an owl in the group.

I'd really like them to do to the initial tick FoE(like it was in first version) and Starfall did big instant damage. But I think they will not change any mechanics now. Sunfire should do first tick at 0 seconds too.
    Last edited by Owlkin; 2016-06-14 at 09:36 AM.