Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't done it for any other Olympics since that one (and iirc that was back in Burning Crusade), so it seems unlikely to me that they would repeat it again.

If they did it, it would be more Brazil-appropriate if it was something other than a Chinese dragon, though.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice to be able to get it. It's one of the 5 pets I'm still missing.

Deleted
    Spirit of Competition made sense in 2008 because olympic games were in China.

If Blizzard re-releases spirit, it would be fair to yell "content rehash" at devs because that pet doesn't fit this year's olympics at all. New pet is needed.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they will re release it in 2020 when the games are in Tokyo Japan

Deleted
    Chances are extremely high that it gets cancelled this year, making it the first cancellation since 1944.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Chances are extremely high that it gets cancelled this year, making it the first cancellation since 1944.
    It won't get cancelled unless a full blown civil war breaks out there. lol. Granted, it's buried under sludge and a whole lot of problems, but cancelling isn't on the agenda.

15+ Year Old Account
    there should be an event in booty bay, with random NPCs afflicting you with a disease called ziki, which you can then transmit to other people by /kiss.

Is Spirit of Competition cageable? I think I have a few of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Is Spirit of Competition cageable? I think I have a few of them.
    Nope.. Not cageable..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysin View Post
    Many people ask for a different themed pet but it was supposed to be the Spirit of Competition pet every 2 years. I added this info in the OP too but here you go!

Apparently the way this event / pet / tabard were talked about in the beginning was:
    From
    Wowwiki- http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Spirit_of_Competition

"Every two years, the Spirits of Competition grow especially fervent, and draw close to the mortal realm. During such times, members of both the Alliance and Horde can honor the spirits and earn Competitor's Tabards by seeking to defeat one another in the battlegrounds. For victory in competition, they can also earn the spirits' favor in the form of a prized gold medal - and the special pet it summons."

Then after the 2010 Winter Olympics, this was posted:

The fact that this event will happen every two years suggests that it will occur during the years of both the Summer and Winter Olympics. The 2010 Winter Olympics began February 12, 2010 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, lasting until February 28, 2010; however, no corresponding Spirit of Competition event appeared in-game. Upon questioning, Blizzard employee Malkorix revealed that it will only happen in the summer, regardless of when the Olympics occurs. Despite the original statement, the event has yet to recur.

Finally, the tweet about 2016 Summer Olympics:

Blizzard Tweet:
    Zarhym(26 Jul 2012): "There's no Spirit of Competition reward this year. The expansion's kept us busy and contains MANY pets (handle them). RE"
    So busy that they couldn't flip a switch that would have taken less time than posting a reply lol

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Nope.. Not cageable..
    Well that sucks, that would've been some easy gold. I checked and my main account has three, which I certainly don't need.