Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    2014 is release data from Chris Roberts mouth , do your homework and watch their 2012-13 vids.
    even if he did say something about a 2014 release, part of the game was released then however, unless your completely stupid it takes more than 2 years to fully develop a game especially on this scale, if he did say something then maybe he didn't realize the amount of money he would have access too, its his game if it takes longer it takes longer and if he wants to add more he can, i would rather wait for the game to be finished with as much possible than most of the game that get released currently.

If you even know chris at all you know he wants this game more than anything, there is currently no game like it with the level of detail for everything.

It will be ready when its ready, if you don't like that why are you wasting anytime at all in a star citizen thread.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    even if he did say something about a 2014 release, part of the game was released then however, unless your completely stupid it takes more than 2 years to fully develop a game especially on this scale, if he did say something then maybe he didn't realize the amount of money he would have access too, its his game if it takes longer it takes longer and if he wants to add more he can, i would rather wait for the game to be finished with as much possible than most of the game that get released currently.

If you even know chris at all you know he wants this game more than anything, there is currently no game like it with the level of detail for everything.

It will be ready when its ready, if you don't like that why are you wasting anytime at all in a star citizen thread.
    well ontop of wanting it badly. his name is also riding on the project. sure he can sit pretty on a mountain of money scam but no one would want to work with him ever again

still want to see at least Squadron 42 released. i want to see Mark Hamill's scenes =P
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    Then don't include Elite into the chart. i dont really care. the other games their development times are for the most part spot on with cross looking at their wiki information

have a different development chart

The point of these is to say. Games go through development and Release dates get shoved around

i just know that it was going to be 2014 originally because the game was going to be much smaller but they picked to add more onto it and the end goal was changed
    Thanks.

It's certainly a bit of an awkward situation. My only hope is that the additional development time is worth it because there's no guarantee that the extra time means a better game or better quality. I'm hoping we get to see more stuff about Squadron 42 pretty soon as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Thanks.

It's certainly a bit of an awkward situation. My only hope is that the additional development time is worth it because there's no guarantee that the extra time means a better game or better quality. I'm hoping we get to see more stuff about Squadron 42 pretty soon as well.
    well yes extra development time but i think they Dug themselves a hole from it as well

that crowd funding page https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

they stopped adding new goals and came out saying if they keep adding stretch Goals the game won't get finished. they added on so much more to the game then what was originally planned so that is going to add more time in

at least they said they would do their Hardest to get the Goals on those lists added into the game

Gotta say, while I highly doubt this is a scam, I'd laugh my ass off it was. =)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(video_game)

Sequels[edit]
    Main articles: Frontier: Elite II, Frontier: First Encounters and Elite: Dangerous
    Three official sequels have been created: Frontier: Elite II (1993)[5] and Frontier: First Encounters (Elite III) (1995),[6] both produced by Braben's company Frontier Developments. A third sequel, Elite: Dangerous (conceived in 1998, provisionally titled Elite 4), was successfully crowdfunded initially through a Kickstarter campaign in late 2012,[115] and released in December 2014.[7]

it was conceived and was in progression starting in 1998
    Development can start when ever but the game started somewhere as did the others

The point of the Chart was to show time it took from start to finish of other Multiplayer mmos
    An idea can be conceived and take years before it sees the light of day on the open market. I work in an industry where new products only hit the market every 7-10 years before they are finally shut down and replaced. A game having its concepts done a decade before it actually started development is a misnomer. Considering where games were technologically in 1998, I don't see how Elite Dangerous could have been spawned even in the early 2000's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Ya. I would probably laugh my ass off too. Pissed first then laugh

Wouldnt be the worst thing ive spent 50$ on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're well past the point where it can truthfully be called a scam, they're clearly making a game with the money they're getting, but it still may very well end up a failure in the end.

There's no guarantee that the market will respond well to the game being envisioned or that it'll even be fun to play once it releases and the systems besides a shiny flight model comes together, but if so I've spent more money on worse things.

Its not a scam so no laughing at that.
    However what may well happen is that it turns out they bit of massively more then they can shew and the game will bleed to death as they run out of funds trying to implement all the stuff they promised.

Kickstarters need to do a better job of saying "no more stretch goals, this is what we know we can make".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Saaad foxy.

Star Citizen isn't going to be at E3 this year.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its not a scam so no laughing at that.
    However what may well happen is that it turns out they bit of massively more then they can shew and the game will bleed to death as they run out of funds trying to implement all the stuff they promised.

Kickstarters need to do a better job of saying "no more stretch goals, this is what we know we can make".
    Agreed, although when I looked at their stretch goals the last one happened at $65M or so so they've got quite a cushion, even though I think they might have priced some of the stretch items kind of low.

I should add that I didn't make my comment in a mean way really, this is a cool project and I'd love to see it succeed. I'm just really skeptical of crowdfunded projects myself and I don't think I'd ever contribute to them. With my luck, the ones I picked would end up being part of the 10% that didn't deliver!

Star Citizen isn't a scam, management is just incompetent.

Long story short, I used to be a backer for about $500. After the Star Marine failure("it is weeks away, not months") which ended with us STILL not having it, the CEO (CR) plainly said that he gets annoyed when people bring Star Marine up. I started questioning their competence after that and started thinking that they have no clue what they are doing.

Fast forward, I sold my ships fora tiny $7 profit on the black market and all I have left is my starter package.

Now with 2.4 being 3 months late, the project really feels overambitious and that they will never, ever deliver on what was originally pitched.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2016-06-09 at 02:05 AM.

To say Star Citizen is overambitious is to put it very mildly. Squadron 42's design is a blockbuster single-player shooter trilogy along with a feature film length CGI cutscene starring several big name actors and that isn't even getting to Star Citizen proper. The Star Citizen project is closer to a billion-dollar enterprise than a one hundred million dollar one - or perhaps it would be more realistic to say that no amount of money and manpower could produce the full Star Citizen project in a reasonable timescale.

Deleted
    another stolen art case. it makes you laugh as their income comes from selling concept jpeg's. at least those could be original ?

Well, it looks like more evidence of them doing this elsewhere has now surfaced. This time, the Strike Vector (another game) logo, appears in a concept image for one of the ships in the game.

This is the original page from Google cache: http://goo.gl/kDaFgz

The two images with 404 links on the above page are the originals which used to be here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...an/Merchantman

Once this news surfaced today - again dug up by Goons (who else?) - CIG removed the image.

More proof (animated GIFs) here:

http://i.imgur.com/swe70nZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rQj0NHV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/38bbXHU.gif

This is CIG. There's always more; and it's always worse.

For the record, this is a company that around 500K backers gave $115 million to make a game and which, five years later, neither has a vertical slice, nor 10% of what was promised in Oct 2012 to be delivered in Nov 2014. It is now 18 months past due and CIG have, thus far, refused to not only provide financial accountability for the project, and refunds, but continue to delete forum threads, and ignore emails from backers who are seeking these things promised in the ToS that CIG constructed.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya? that picture is nothing but Clippings thrown together its concept art. that is what they wanted it to look like and the person that was in charge of these weird looking ones doesnt have any drawing sense so he threw together other things
    These are really done up close pictures
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140205010007

other artwork of the same type for this ship.
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...an_concept.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/nfk31u1.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/zvUyEQM.jpg
    the way the person did these were meant to be looked at in smaller scale so you cant see its all drag and drop shape into somthing different artwork
    i see them doing this no different then this Gif of putting a Panda Bear on a couch in the Jungle
    Last edited by Omians; 2016-06-09 at 07:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    another stolen art case. it makes you laugh as their income comes from selling concept jpeg's. at least those could be original ?
    And that right there lost you any pitiful amount of credibility again. Sure, we can discuss the stolen art, but when you decide to insert the bullshit about "selling jpegs", you just tossed that discussion out of the window by, once again, proving that you're just an ignorant troll that tries to stir up shit.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    And that right there lost you any pitiful amount of credibility again. Sure, we can discuss the stolen art, but when you decide to insert the bullshit about "selling jpegs", you just tossed that discussion out of the window by, once again, proving that you're just an ignorant troll that tries to stir up shit.
    You remind me of the typical SC-cultist you can find on Reddit. You even have your referral link in your signature, lol. Can't take you seriously after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    You remind me of the typical SC-cultist you can find on Reddit. You even have your referral link in your signature, lol. Can't take you seriously after that.
    And? What's wrong with a referral code in the signature of a website that many people frequent, especially when being seen in the section of the game it's related to? I'm not even asking anyone to buy anything, I never have and never will. That code doesn't even need the person to pay for anything, it's just to make an account. You remind me of the typical anti-SC crowd that goes and mocks anyone for showing interest in this game. Can't take you seriously after that.

EDIT: BTW, screw the SC reddit. It's a massive circle jerk of people that will never agree with anything that doesn't fit their view and aren't even allowed to discuss the potential problems, such as the stolen stock art. There was one post regarding it that I found, but it was downvoted into oblivion and I had to go to the heavily anti-SC crowd in the link that was provided here.

EDIT 2: TIL having something in my sig is "shov[ing] [it] in peoples' faces".
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-06-10 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    And? What's wrong with a referral code in the signature of a website that many people frequent, especially when being seen in the section of the game it's related to? I'm not even asking anyone to buy anything, I never have and never will. That code doesn't even need the person to pay for anything, it's just to make an account. You remind me of the typical anti-SC crowd that goes and mocks anyone for showing interest in this game. Can't take you seriously after that.

EDIT: BTW, screw the SC reddit. It's a massive circle jerk of people that will never agree with anything that doesn't fit their view and aren't even allowed to discuss the potential problems, such as the stolen stock art. There was one post regarding it that I found, but it was downvoted into oblivion and I had to go to the heavily anti-SC crowd in the link that was provided here.
    I agree with you on the reddit part. I had the same problems when I started asking questions about Star Marine last year.

Your referral link and the way most of you shove them in peoples' faces isn't something new. I personally frown upon it because the whole deal reminds of MLM companies where you get rewarded if someone else buys into the game, and then they in turn. I think the referrals brought the worst out of the SC community when it comes to advertisment.

Deleted
    Around the Verse: Episode 2.35
    Jun 9, 2016
    Brian Chambers & Sean Tracy

@ 16:20

Brian Chambers:
    Hey everyone, Brian from Frankfurt office, uhm... this week instead of running through all the disciplines we have a LARGE amount of people here this week, ahm... one of 'em, Sean Tracy as you guys know, ahhh... this week we have (nods to Sean Tracy) yourself, CHRIS is out here, we have ah... TONY from AUSTIN, ah... we have RICKY from the UK, there's another eight or nine people out here?

Sean Tracy:
    That's right, right, we've got people from EVERY STUDIO

Brian Chambers:
    We're BUSTIN' at the seams, but I mean everyone's coming together for good reasons to cover some pretty good strong TOPICS, things that we need to get SORTED, a lot of times when we work REMOTE... oh, absolutely we make good PROGRESS and TIMEZONE, HANDOVER and all that stuff... but if we can pull everyone together into a room for a WEEK like we're doing now, we can churn through stuff a lot quicker. So, what are some of the things you guys are covering this week?

Sean Tracy:
    Well there's a lot of LITTLE STUFF but there's some BIG TICKET ITEMS and some of the BIG TICKET ITEMS all centre around SQUADRON 42 so we've got AI and CINEMATICS... and a lot of people would think that they're not necessarily related, but within STAR CITIZEN they absolutely are, because we NEED to be able to SIGNAL these AI to transition into the very CINEMATIC MODES that we've got... we've got SO MUCH performance capture that we want to ahhh... allow this player to experience... we've got these HUGE NAME ACTORS, we want you to be WITHIN THAT STORY but at the same time we don't wanna just cut out to a... DECOUPLED CUT SCENE where a camera's flying around... we want you to be LIVING in this world...

Brian Chambers:
    That's the one thing, I mean the... I was answering some questions earlier and they were like 'oh, are you gonna do a TRANSITION and then it's a... just a BIG CUT SCENE with no interaction and the answer is IT'S ALL OVER THE PLACE, there's so many things that we're creatively doing seamlessly... sometimes the player's on rails... sometimes you cut away but only for CERTAIN REASONS if it helps with the STORY and all that... and all that with AI in it, that's just... MESS

Sean Tracy:
    That's right and we... you know... we... we got them REACTING to you, we need them having CONVERSATIONS with you, we need them giving you MISSIONS, we need... ah... all level of... all levels of different INTERPLAY between it... and then... we've got so much CONTENT that we HAVE TO GET IN so we have to figure out the BEST WAY to get it in because... uhm... SURE we can do these... the... the kind of OLD STYLE WAY were actually plugging in very bespoke scripted sequences... but AGAIN when we've got HOURS AND HOURS OF CINEMATICS, when we've got... hours and hours of GAMEPLAY that has to play between the two... we have to be very intelligent over how we actually implement this... this WORK

Brian Chambers:
    And in part of that process, at least that I've been involved in, I mean, we're creating a system that from the foundation is going to... allow for all these different TYPES of events, behaviours, the different WAYS we want them triggered... all the VARIABLES we want them to do and not do... and that I think is what a lot of that focus has been on, is 'OK, what is that SOLID FOUNDATION' and get the rest of those, just FEW QUESTIONS that are UNANSWERED, get those SORTED.

Sean Tracy:
    Right and when we have so many questions like that... it's a lot easier for everybody to get TOGETHER, uhm... because... like... LIKE YOU SAID we... we... we COLLABORATE really well across the STUDIOS... BUT!... Ah... There is something to be said for ALL OF THE PEOPLE being in ONE PLACE because you get this one little question HERE, this one little question HERE, before long you're DEATH BY A THOUSAND PAPERCUTS because... ah... if you've gotta wait a few hours for that answer you can't just really quickly COME UP WITH A NICE DESIGN PLAN so... there's things we're ADJUSTING like the ANIMATION PIPELINE to make it so we can accomplish all these AI AND CINEMATICS

Brian Chambers:
    What kind of stuff have you... have you had to take... one or two examples on PIPELINE actually, to be able to pull that off?

Sean Tracy:
    Ah... one of the BIG ONES is some TOOLS that we do within MAYA and our... our... MOTION BUILDER... ah... ahh... SETUP... there's a BIG ONE that we use with a company called RED NINE called SCENE MANAGER and uh... SCENE MANAGER and ASSET MANAGER is basically a way within MAYA to take all our PERFORMANCE CAPTURE in basically TWO CLICKS... and you're WITHIN MAYA, builds up all the CHARACTERS, they've got all their WEAPON ATTACHMENTS... TWO CLICKS and it's OUT TO ENGINE

And then as a BIG BONUS, you know... oh... oh... we can't talk... well as a... as a BIG BONUS anyways for me personally is that the other two TECH DIRECTORS on the ENTIRE PROJECT... SENIOR tech directors right? So CARSON WENSEL and MARCO CORBETT... I talk about them a LOT and everybody within the game industry INCLUDING ME... ah... ahm... needs to learn from SOMEBODY and... luckily I can come out here and pick their brains about all sorts of stuff... and we know what's happening out here around... PROCEDURAL PLANETS...

Brian Chambers:
    We can't wait to get to the point were we can actually show you more of what we're doing but what would you say as far as your... at least your high level takeaway...

Sean Tracy:
    It's MINDBLOWING. It's really good. The SCALE is MINDBOGGLING. It's AMAZING.
    The transcript between Sean Tracy and Brian Chambers above is a wall of text, it isn't funny, nobody fumbles over their words or anything.

But I hope people read it, and ask themselves if this sounds like a project that is releasing this year, or next year, or the year after that.

There are STILL questions around how the cinematics will be implemented into the game
    There are STILL questions around how the AI will handle cinematics
    They are talking about building a SOLID FOUNDATION
    They are talking about the timezones affecting the ability to come up with DESIGN PLANS