Yea they seriously need to stop leaving arms as literally the only spec in the game useless without a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yea they seriously need to stop leaving arms as literally the only spec in the game useless without a healer.
    I don't see why they don't just go back to the tbc / wotlk era where arms passively healed from damage taken. That fits warriors. They're suppose to be hard as hell to kill. Blizzard is trying to design warriors as if they're the Mountain from Game of Thrones but we're more like random quest npc.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Blizzard is trying to design warriors as if they're the Mountain from Game of Thrones
    Well to be fair he is the quintessential/stereotypical Arms warrior (or at least was before he became a Blood DK lol). Huge dude in plate with huge 2H weapon who hits slow but devastatingly powerfully.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-06-09 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    Strongly agree! Wish Arms could talent into some Ignore Pain mechanics for self-sustainability in duels and random bgs.
    Maybe Holinka should activate his godlike powers and get this done?!

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    I don't see why they don't just go back to the tbc / wotlk era where arms passively healed from damage taken. That fits warriors. They're suppose to be hard as hell to kill. Blizzard is trying to design warriors as if they're the Mountain from Game of Thrones but we're more like random quest npc.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Well to be fair he is the quintessential/stereotypical Arms warrior (or at least was before he became a Blood DK lol). Huge dude in plate with huge 2H weapon who hits slow but devastatingly powerfully.
    Don't think they are now going for the Mountain stereotype in Arms and obviously not Fury and Protection. In fact, the Mountain is very far away from the warrior archetype Achilles. He is a slow mindless bloodthirsty zombie, nothing else nothing more.
    Do you want play a slow mindless avatar? The majority of the Arms players don't and Blizzard should already know this.

It is difficult to perfectly fit one of the Game of Thrones characters in the Arms theme but I would go for the Hound

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikkd View Post
    Don't think they are now going for the Mountain stereotype in Arms
    They don't need too, it's been that way since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkd View Post
    It is difficult to perfectly fit one of the Game of Thrones characters in the Arms theme but I would go for the Hound
    So basically, exactly the same fighting style as the mountain (pre-undead).

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms doesn't need self healing.

If you spec fervor for battle you might aswell take Slam off your actionbars. Sure WW cost way more, but ww does a little more than 2x slams and cost 5 less rage. You can also get up to 6 rage back thanks to an artifact trait and because it cost more rage it has higher chance to proc tactician.

Edit: Trauma seems to tick 4 times instead of 3 when you use WW.

Tactician does not give you a MS charge/reset its cd if you proc it with shattered defense up.
    Last edited by Khelon; 2016-06-09 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Generally? Is that generally true, though? Generally speaking, i mean. :P
    If I word it as an absolute truth i'd never be able to disagree with him without making the statement false. Far easier to do as I please if I leave myself some wiggle-room to disagree when I see fit to do so. xD
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Generally.

Is this you? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...le/Archimtiros

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Generally.
    Well, Generally outranks majorly.

Just played Arms for a bit last night, and while it definitely feels better, it still has issues that'll likely prevent me from playing it much (though some things are probably just bugs):

• It was still not unusual to go the full 45sec cooldown without a reset. That just feels awful!
      - There needs to be either unlucky streak protection, or lower base cooldown on CS - maybe about 25 sec. Honestly, I think I'd prefer it be RPPM, or something similar to how Agony procs work with Affliction (a ramping chance)... Also a talent or base passive that resets CS on a killing blow (perhaps from only Execute?) would be fantastic.

• Also, is this Tactician change a nerf to AoE with WW?
      - WW Tactician procs would no longer be increased with more targets hit, just the base cost of WW... An unintended nerf due to the change?

• I was also seeing that if Tactician proc'd off a MS hit, MS would not reset.
      - I assume that's just a bug... Perhaps it's an order of operations sort of problem with the CD of MS being initiated after the Tactician proc effect, thus not really resetting.

• I'll also echo what some others have said about survivability. I felt pretty vulnerable more often than I should have.
      - Outside of DbtS every 3 minutes, I was sometimes struggling to survive situations where I didn't feel like I should be. When combined with doing crap damage outside of CS whenever RNGesus decides to troll me, just simply killing rares and such feels like a race to 0 HP. I feel like an option for a mid-fight Victory Rush reset/activation could help out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    Just played Arms for a bit last night, and while it definitely feels better, it still has issues that'll likely prevent me from playing it much (though some things are probably just bugs):

• It was still not unusual to go the full 45sec cooldown without a reset. That just feels awful!
      - There needs to be either unlucky streak protection, or lower base cooldown on CS - maybe about 25 sec. Honestly, I think I'd prefer it be RPPM, or something similar to how Agony procs work with Affliction (a ramping chance)... Also a talent or base passive that resets CS on a killing blow (perhaps from only Execute?) would be fantastic.
    Indeed, the RNG is still real as fuck. I would like to see a 25 second cooldown on CS, and increase the proc rate to .75% per rage spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    [*]I'll also echo what some others have said about survivability. I felt pretty vulnerable more often than I should have.
    - Outside of DbtS every 3 minutes, I was sometimes struggling to survive situations where I didn't feel like I should be. When combined with doing crap damage outside of CS whenever RNGesus decides to troll me, just simply killing rares and such feels like a race to 0 HP. I feel like an option for a mid-fight Victory Rush reset/activation could help out here.[/LIST]
    I definitely think it needs something. Touch of Zakajz will be one of the last artifact traits you get, and even then it's pretty shit. It should still be buffed.

I'd like Second Wind to have some kind of secondary effect. Whether it's a duration based heal, or a heal from stuns/roots, or even just the old Blood Craze to heal for a small amount anytime you take damage.

I also think a short duration/short cooldown mitigation ability could be really cool, and fit the arms theme without simply giving it more healing.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-06-09 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    They don't need too, it's been that way since Vanilla.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

So basically, exactly the same fighting style as the mountain (pre-undead).
    Did you compare all of their fighting abilities? Whose Mortal Strike hits harder?

I said the Hound not because of his particular fighting style but because of his soldier mentality.

It was 30 originally, but it's been 25 for a few builds now. They did neuter Will of the First King however, which will have an impact, although it should not be too major.
    I'll look at it some more later. Did they change Will of the First King in some other way from the last build? I played at the 2 rage refund and I seemed to be able to use whirlwind more or less as much as I wanted at 3+ targets. I didn't spend much time, so maybe it was just some super shit RNG, but it felt vastly different on the rage end from the previous build.

EDIT: Maybe I never tried Sweeping Strikes before and was always using Dauntless. IDK. It seems to suck without Dauntless, but isn't a big deal with it.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-06-09 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yassy View Post
    That was Blood Craze. Original Second Wind was +Rage and %health whenever the Warrior was Stunned, Rooted, Immobilized or something.
    You're right. Gimme blood craze plz

Something interesting I suppose. Focused Rage seems pretty decent in a pure single target scenario for pre-execute damage, it's 100% worthless in any kind of execute situation currently, but synergizes pretty well with the other MS enhancers and Battle Cry + Corrupted Blood. And to me it's still appealing to see MS land as a super meaty hit, but you are basically forced to take Dauntless as well.

I wish they'd make arms actually feel like its namesake like it did in wotlk. Hits hard has hell in battle stance, switches to sword and board play in dstance with shield block and revenge. Of course with how they made dstance into a talent and they've been avoiding going back to weapon swapping for years, that won't happen in a million years even if it is the very definition of arms spec fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I wish they'd make arms actually feel like its namesake like it did in wotlk. Hits hard has hell in battle stance, switches to sword and board play in dstance with shield block and revenge. Of course with how they made dstance into a talent and they've been avoiding going back to weapon swapping for years, that won't happen in a million years even if it is the very definition of arms spec fantasy.
    Did you actually play Wrath and earlier? Weapon swapping was awful, it reset your swing timer every time, it screwed your rage generation, and your own latency fucked you as often as not. You can slap the graphics of changing weapons onto abilities all you want, actually mechanically requiring us to do that was fucking dogshit.

Something interesting I suppose. Focused Rage seems pretty decent in a pure single target scenario for pre-execute damage, it's 100% worthless in any kind of execute situation currently, but synergizes pretty well with the other MS enhancers and Battle Cry + Corrupted Blood. And to me it's still appealing to see MS land as a super meaty hit, but you are basically forced to take Dauntless as well.
    I kinda suspect any talent will always lose to IFTK in PvE because that one talent makes sub-20% gameplay better-flowing and FUN instead of, well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
    Yup. /10 char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I'll look at it some more later. Did they change Will of the First King in some other way from the last build? I played at the 2 rage refund and I seemed to be able to use whirlwind more or less as much as I wanted at 3+ targets. I didn't spend much time, so maybe it was just some super shit RNG, but it felt vastly different on the rage end from the previous build.

EDIT: Maybe I never tried Sweeping Strikes before and was always using Dauntless. IDK. It seems to suck without Dauntless, but isn't a big deal with it.
    Nope, just the 2 rage change. Nothing else has happened to rage generation or expenditure, so if you're having problems now, it's either bad RNG or in your head.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am curious about the relic slots on the artifact weapons, can you as arms receive a relic that only benefits prot or fury? Or will you only receive relics that benefit your current spec and equipped artifact weapon?