Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    And there's africans with nothing so fuck minimum wage. Amirite?

I dont care about everyone and their mothers situation. I am in this one. The one where i have 7h less free time than the wife every week. Thats 350h a year.
    My girlfriend refuses to fold my shirts so I tend to try and beat her to the laundry room. I am a terrible cook so unless she wants spaghetti she tries to keep me out of the kitchen.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there's africans with nothing so fuck minimum wage. Amirite?

I dont care about everyone and their mothers situation. I am in this one. The one where i have 7h less free time than the wife every week. Thats 350h a year.
    I used to live in a house with 4 roommates; one of them was jobless, i.e. he worked exactly 0h a week. But somehow no one was crying about it, and we all did our share of chores, which was around 20%. Our reasoning was simple: we all live in this house and we all equally want it to be in a good shape. It didn't matter how much free time each of us had, it was irrelevant in the matter.

Your extra working hours do not entitle you to anything at home. You get paid for your extra hours, that is your benefit. You don't get the benefit of doing other things less, just because you do one more. That's the way I see it, at least.

Just stop calculating hours and being petty and do your share. Lest, should you happen to lose a job, you will have to do 45 hours of chores a week. You don't want that, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I'm about 76% sure that OP is single as fuck if he actually thinks this would be an appropriate way to speak to a significant other. "Yeah sorry babe, I worked overtime this week. So you have 10 hours of house cleaning today because I'm more important."

Whoever works more does less chores, that's only natural. But you saying "You work 7 hours less, so you do 7 hours of chores" is you saying that your partner gets to work 7 hours more without being paid. Split it with more on their side, because that's fair, rather than just saying what you did. Or, spend some of your dineros hiring someone to clean.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't really understand why you don't think you need to help out with chores for that little of a work week difference.

Maybe that other poster is right and this is about something else, like your wife needs to be sexed up more or taken out on dates or some shit.

Generally speaking though women do more housework/child rearing than men still while now working similar hours to their husbands, I'm surprised other posters haven't talked about their girlfriends/wives becoming butthurt about it....

This thread is starting to make me appreciate being single. Silly power struggles over the chores sounds exhausting.

Yeah I call bullshit.

All the women I've known outside of family aren't nearly as tidy as I am. Only one can cook better than me, and i'm not awesome chef or anything.

A lot of girls in our age group have no idea how to maintain a house.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Yeah I call bullshit.

All the women I've known outside of family aren't nearly as tidy as I am. Only one can cook better than me, and i'm not awesome chef or anything.

A lot of girls in our age group have no idea how to maintain a house.
    Idk, I have to say that most long term-ish couples I've seen the women were more like @Crissi and the ladies were pretty pissed or at least annoyed about it. Ofc there's a bit of a bias there as the guys in the relationship aren't quite as likely to bitch about their girlfriends to me.

Shrug. My theory is that women in general value relationships more so they're willing to put up with more bad behavior. I know some people here will disagree, not everyone's relationship is the same.

I will agree that cooking seems to be somewhat of a lost art. Fast food generation.

Deleted
    Well if he wants her to actually do 7 more h of chores then that's a problem. I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt due to a poorly explained situation since there was an example where she was at home since 5 and he comes in at 8 and is asked to do the laundry. If it's cases like that i.e. working 10-12h and when you get home you get told to do the laundry he does have a point as far as that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    Don't put requirements like that on your SO. You'll come off as an asshole. You should help each other!

With that said... If you're a bit smart about it there's a way to divert most of the chores onto her without causing drama. Got a mountain of dishes? Do them really poorly and take literally forever doing them. I mean incredibly poorly, health hazard poorly. I know it sounds hard but trust me that's the last time you'll do dishes. Same can be applied to vacuuming, laundry, cleaning windows or whatever else you don't fancy doing. Once your household incompetence is established she'll naturally take over the chores you're too bad to do. Don't forget to offer your help once in awhile as it creates the illusion of you being helpful and considerate. She'll put you on something minor that you can't fuck up so there's no need to fear having to do any actual household work. GL!
    And then she'll have him do them again You're supposed to act like a couple, not a single-mom with a lazy shitead child that can't do any kind of housework. A man who doesn't know how to take care of his home (changing bed sheets, cleaning, fucking remove pee stains from around the toilet) is a complete turnoff.

If you're going to do something, at least do it the proper way.

OP; stop crying like a little girl and get shit done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You are definitely quite fixated on feminism, lol. You and Garian should start an feminism-haters club in OT.

I've seen that picture posted here before and I'll say what I said then

"How did you find my house"

But really, this obsession over equitable distribution of chores and perfect fairness over working hours in the home is part of why couples are so unhappy these days - and feminism is absolutely to blame for that stingy mindset

It's like penny-pinching in relationships, and that simply doesn't work

I know this sounds weird from someone who isn't married, but I've had more relationships than most, and the best ones are about cooperation and symbiosis, not adversity and an obsessive quest for equity
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-06-09 at 09:07 AM.

how the fuck do you even have 7 hours worth of chores around the house
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Man stuff usually takes longer, by man stuff I mean "that's your job, because you're a guy" kind of stuff. Other than that, I have no idea how the hell one could have 7 hours of chores, I have a huge lawn, takes me about 3½ hours to cut, trim, and edge - every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Man stuff usually takes longer, by man stuff I mean "that's your job, because you're a guy" kind of stuff. Other than that, I have no idea how the hell one could have 7 hours of chores, I have a huge lawn, takes me about 3½ hours to cut, trim, and edge - every other week.
    the one thing i could think of that might actually fit having 7+ hours of chores is having young children but idk if that counts as generic chores

like, what else is there? vacuum once a month? put the dishes in the dishwasher? put on a load of washing twice a week tops?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I was wondering the same. I could clean our 2 story 4 bedroom house in less than 7 hours. And that's really cleaning. Like scrubbing toilets and tubs and doing all the laundry. If it's just picking shit up and putting it where it belong or doing the dishes, 1 hour tops.

I will admit though, when my wife was stay at home mom, I'd come home after 10-11 hour shift and the house would be a pig sty and nothing to eat, I'd get a little pissy.

- - - Updated - - -

the one thing i could think of that might actually fit having 7+ hours of chores is having young children but idk if that counts as generic chores

like, what else is there? vacuum once a month? put the dishes in the dishwasher? put on a load of washing twice a week tops?
    You only vacuum once a month ? That's nuts to me. But I have two kids and a lab that loses more hair than Lebron. Seems like the vacuum is always going.

Even if you vacuum every day and live in a decent sized home, you're looking at 8 minutes a day, maybe 15 if you are mental.. We do dishes every night, takes like 5 minutes tops and that's when the kids decide they needed a new cup for every drink they got for the day. Kids as chores would really be grasping for conversation piece, but wouldn't surprise me on mmo-c.

A week of laundry, dishes, vacuuming and all the other shit that comes with owning a home and having kids is non-existent to the claim of 7 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    You only vacuum once a month ? That's nuts to me. But I have two kids and a lab that loses more hair than Lebron. Seems like the vacuum is always going.
    vacuum when it's needed which tends to be around once a month, can vary. it's more of a spot cleaning thing than vacuuming the entire house in one go

we have no kids and the only inside animal is a pretty small cat so there's not much to be worried about.

I always find myself in this discussion with the miss.
    I work 45h a week, she works 38.
    Therfor she (imo) has to spend 7h a week more on choires around the house.
    Do you think this is fair? She sure as hell doesnt.
    Just to be clear, i do my chores.
    We just sometimes have a discussion about em.

For instance when i get home at 8 and shes been home since 5 and asks me to do laundry.

If you work more, you get home at 8pm and she asks you to do the laundry: it's time to let her go. You deserve better.

10+ Year Old Account

lol, terrible picture to use if you are attempting an argument at equality and fairness.

All in all though, the person with more free time, should be expected to put a little more into the non-career related adult responsibilities.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I've seen that picture posted here before and I'll say what I said then

"How did you find my house"
    Haha.

I agree with your statements on penny-pinching, lots of stress in a relationship for no gain. Whatever the underlying ideology may be.

I think the person doing less should put in a little more effort but how do you divide it up by hours? Also lets say both of you have office jobs, I think id rather sit at a desk 7 more house than clean the house for 7 hours, give her a little leeway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Essentially, both parties should be mature enough to just do what needs to be done when it needs to be done.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.