Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    you still don't understand how they're suppose to have lordaeron logos
    stormwind logo did not exist untill after the fall of lordaeron in warcraft 3 THE FROZEN THRONE EXPANSION

have any of you actually played the damn games
    or have you just been reading books this entire time
    the books are not cannon they're just extra proffit for blizzard
    the main true lore is what they build into the games
    Do you even know the lore? Stormwind was always separate from Lordaeron. There were many different human kingdoms. Go read tides of darkness, they talk about the different kingdoms there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Mierenneuker? Wat? I never heard anyone say that >-< We just say Klootzak:P
    Well I'm from Belgium and we say "mierenneuker" it' someone who goes waaaay into details

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of how wrong the OP is lorewise he does make a point when it comes to how the movie does fuck up the already existing lore without a proper reason for it.

So many little changes that are just bothersome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, also gotta understand that they have to make the movie enjoyable and understandable for both wow-fans and non wow-fans.

was stromgarde even mentioned i wonder? dont recall it from watching the movie.

really?
    then please explain this
    it's not fan made

no harbour
    Here's the harbour

this is where mediv met with the king of lordaeron to talk about the orcs and then later about the lich king
    they did not meet in stormwind
    Medivh never met with the king of Lordaeron to talk about the orcs. He died before Tyranus had even heard of them.

uther with lordaeron logo not with stormwind logo
    Uther was not involved in the first war. The paladins were not founded until the very start of the second war.

I'm sorry this stuff probably entertains me more than it should -- but I love when people spaz the hell out on their own ignorance....its great....

If the OP calm his blind raging down for 5 minutes and did a little research first he would find two important tid bits like...

1) Duncan Jones and company (including blizzard staff -- perhaps you heard of this guy named chris metzen?) openly said early on that there was poetic license taken with the movie for the sake of enchancing the story for the big screen and presumably a wider audience.

2) *THE MOVIE IS NOT FUCKING CANON DUMB ASS!!*

You may now continue your ranting as normal.

Have a good day.

Deleted
    The only thing that bugged me about the movie was dalaran flyin .... but maybe thats just me
    I was just thinkin how arthas invaded dalaran by foot when it was flyin alrdy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    It's supposed to be based on, not an exact translation/replica of it to a different media.

And we really haven't seen pre-Orcs Stormwind properly before, is there really canon sources that clearly state there was no harbour or "hero call" boards? Sources that haven't been retconned yet? =P

Would you really rather have stormwind represented like this? I wouldn't.

And btw, WoW is also very distorted in many aspects, compared to Warcraft I-III:
    is there a bigger version of that picture i got bad eye sight

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airon View Post
    The only thing that bugged me about the movie was dalaran flyin .... but maybe thats just me
    I was just thinkin how arthas invaded dalaran by foot when it was flyin alrdy...
    that just validates my point how they copy pasted world of warcraft then injected warcraft lore as if it was an illegal drug
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

He had frostwyrms and necropolises.

The Horde had dragons and warlocks.

Archimonde can crash it, if they ever get to that part.

It's just a cosmetic change, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    He had frostwyrms and necropolises.

The Horde had dragons and warlocks.

It's just a cosmetic change, really.
    the movie will crash and burn with dalaran
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    He had frostwyrms and necropolises. (as far as i know frost wyrms were only a thing after arthas became lich king and necropolises are usually stationary arent they ? and yet again deathkight not lich king)

The Horde had dragons and warlocks. ( The horde only had dragons after the blackrock clan enslaved alexstrasza with the help of deathwing and that happened so many years later then the movie )

It's just a cosmetic change, really.(Agreed it didnt by any means ruin the movie for me but on the other hand was it really neccesary ? why not make a good looking mage city thats not flyin ...
    I really liked the movie tho

It is like you know nothing at all about the game and just collected random images to support your argument

With the map of Stormwind from the game, yes there is no harbour on it, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it is a fucking harbour city, where do you think the canals empty out too? And if you actually ever zoomed out past the Stormwind map, you would of seen that it lies right on the coast, couldn't you figure out that it would have a harbour, can you honestly think of one coastal city in the world that does not have a harbour, that is the whole point of building on the coast, to have a harbour to have access to trade.

Secondly that is the throne room of King Terernas of Lordaeron, Medivh never met him to discuss the orc situation, he met him later on to warn him of the looming threat of the burning legion and to flee to Kalimdor

Thirdly that artwork is not Uther the Lightbringer, it is concept fan art of what Arthas would of looked like if he had not culled Stratholme and followed Mal'ganis to Northrend and end's up continuing to become an even greater paladin and the King of Lordaeron, if you would notice the crown on his head

And lastly, Uther was originally from Stormwind, he was a cleric of Northshire abbey and became the first Paladin. He became a citizen of Lordaeron after the war and continued to live there and train Arthas

Please for the love of God learn your lore, the movie is a movie full of easter eggs and references to the game, they didn't have much to go on from the original Stormwind so they just based it off of what was in game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't trolling against the rules? And if you're not trolling...Seek medical attention ASAP

I don't understand how you could complain about this, you don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

is there a bigger version of that picture i got bad eye sight
    Here you go

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100211025209

stormwind shouldn't even exist in the way that it's curently portrayed as a big main human city with stormwind logos
    it's suppose to be medium to small sized outpost city still under the rule of lordaeron with lordaeron logos
    it did not become seperate from lordaeron untill after warcraft 3 frozen throne
    yet lordaeron logos are nowhere, and it's never mentioned in any of the leaks/trailers

and if they fucked up the lore to copy wow stormwind
    stormwind is suppose to be surrounded by mountains from all sides it is not suppose to have a fucking harbour and hero call boards untill wrath of lich king and beyond
    they're suppose to be in lordaeron....
    this is suppose to be based on orcs vs humans warcraft 1
    not warcraft vanilla
    lordaeron is the main city of humans for fuck sake blizzard
    stormwind is suppose to be a small town not a giant city in orcs vs humans warcraft 1 compared to lordaeron
    the movie is suppose to be based on the rts not wow vanilla

not only that but they made a stormwind with a fucking harbour
    the harbour is not suppose to come till wrath of the lich king so not only have they failed to follow the rts lore about locations but they failed to follow the wow vanilla lore about locations
    and here we are with floods of qq about brown orcs and no one is even noticing this major butt probe to the story which is the location it's set in

and then there is a fucking dwarf..who are suppose to be enemies with the humans in orcs vs humans rts
    Jeebus. ok.
    -No its not it was the Kingdom of Azeroth before in Warcraft 1. Of course as of 10 years ago they clarified that they just refered to it as that because that was the known world so really the only reason the Eastern Kingdoms was "Azeroth" was because that is all they knew about. It had a KING which means it was the maximum in Feudal rank. The only rank higher is a High King who rules over multiple kingdoms

-It didnt "seperate". It was destroyed in Warcraft 1, reformed after Warcraft 2 and was ALways an independent city state.

Stormwind ALWAYS had a harbor thats how they had ships. They just created a new pathway for a more direct line to it. And Call boards are just a game mechanic. putting bounties up, stories, and notices is how people learned things in the days before tv and the internet
    -No the orcs invaded the kingdom of Stormwind, Lordearon didnt even exist till the second game and is hundreds of miles away
    -this is an independant story strongly based on the lore of warcraft, retcons included
    -I think blizzard knows their own lore better than you do
    -you are repeating yourself
    -you are repeating yourself

-you
    -are
    -repeating
    -yourself
    -A) no one is complaining about brown orcs, at least i hope not since hundreds of orcs werent fel orcs if not more. The location doesnt alter the plot in anyway. It could take place in a city called "menethril harbor" and the story would be the same

-What? are you thinking of Ogres? I dont even....
    The Dwarves came out of Iron Forge like 600 years ago and are allies with the humans even if they havent formed any official treaties with them (The Alliance)

- - - Updated - - -

i know you are just being honest here but i still think some people can answer their own questiosn if you just think about it critically.

Warcraft is a HUGE universe with dozens of races, DAYS of lore, dozens of books. They made changes to make it so it wasnt a 8 hour long movie that cost a billion dollars.

They COULD have had a big deal in the 3rd movie about it being rebuilt and being made to fly, but thats gratuitous. They wanted to show Kadgar getting sent by the council or whatever happens and so they had the scene set in Warcraft. One of the defining things about this movie is that CG has advanced to the point where we can have actual magic , not that lame Gandalf "Gesture at the enemy" "talk to horses" magic. Part of the "Creating the Setting" for warcraft was establishing that there is major powerful magic, to the point that there is a CITY OF MAGIC that floats in the air safe from all harm because of magic.

It fits better with the media its portrayed in
    it gives a scope as to the level of magic in warcraft which is important
    It sets Dalaran up as this prestigious great thing which will make it so much more tragic when its destroyed.

Which do you think is more impressive for the legion. Destroying a large city with mages in it, or destroying a magically protected Mage City.

If the plot demands and continues to be losely based on the previous wars, Arthas will have many ways to invade Dalaran. In fact that would be a great way to depict the thing that frequenty happens in warcraft of a group sneaking in and summoning reinforcements , or better yet freaking dragons!
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    stormwind shouldn't even exist in the way that it's curently portrayed as a big main human city with stormwind logos
    it's suppose to be medium to small sized outpost city still under the rule of lordaeron with lordaeron logos
    it did not become seperate from lordaeron untill after warcraft 3 frozen throne
    yet lordaeron logos are nowhere, and it's never mentioned in any of the leaks/trailers

and if they fucked up the lore to copy wow stormwind
    stormwind is suppose to be surrounded by mountains from all sides it is not suppose to have a fucking harbour and hero call boards untill wrath of lich king and beyond
    they're suppose to be in lordaeron....
    this is suppose to be based on orcs vs humans warcraft 1
    not warcraft vanilla
    lordaeron is the main city of humans for fuck sake blizzard
    stormwind is suppose to be a small town not a giant city in orcs vs humans warcraft 1 compared to lordaeron
    the movie is suppose to be based on the rts not wow vanilla

not only that but they made a stormwind with a fucking harbour
    the harbour is not suppose to come till wrath of the lich king so not only have they failed to follow the rts lore about locations but they failed to follow the wow vanilla lore about locations
    and here we are with floods of qq about brown orcs and no one is even noticing this major butt probe to the story which is the location it's set in

and then there is a fucking dwarf..who are suppose to be enemies with the humans in orcs vs humans rts
    Not at all correct. Stormwind was its own Kingdom prior to the first war, it is only after the city was razed and reoccupied was it a smaller city indebted to Lordaeron

There is definitely Lordaeron, between Alterac and Quel'Thalas on the world map in the throne room.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna repeat what others have already said. The only question on my mind is how important was Lordaeron during the first war anyway? I was always under the impression it was the de-facto human / alliance capital up until the third war and Stormwind was just another human kingdom but this movie makes it seem like Stormwind used to hold Lordaeron's position... so did power get transferred when Stormwind was razed? Should brush up on my lore.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-06-10 at 09:19 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno