New parts coming in tomorrow - Never built a computer

At least from the bottom up.

Parts are:
    GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 530
    CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2A2666C16

I've been comparing computers, looking at the motherboard, trying to identify where everything goes but I have to say I'm pretty nervous. I've only done the basics of installing ram and graphics cards, never done it from motherboard, installing cpu and then connecting everything to the motherboard. Pretty terrifying stuff.

How worried do I have to be of dropping a screw (when trying to install the motherboard)?
    Besides static electricity is there anything I have to be aware of/worried about?
    All Intel models come with a CPU heatsink and thermal paste on it already right? (this is what I've read)
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

uhh that cpu wont even have a cooler in the box. if you didnt buy one youre kinda boned and i wouldnt run your system until you have one. if you get a half decent heatsink it will likely have thermal paste in the box with it. assemble everything on a non conductive surface and you will be fine. its not the end of the world if you drop a screw, just explore the best way of retrieving it. may require you to move the case into different positions to make it fall out. a lot of the gpu/psu/mobo wires are fairly obvious where they go and kinda hard to screw up. everything should be labeled fairly well and pretty specific as to the slots they can even be plugged into as to prevent people from screwing up.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    uhh that cpu wont even have a cooler in the box. if you didnt buy one youre kinda boned and i wouldnt run your system until you have one. if you get a half decent heatsink it will likely have thermal paste in the box with it. assemble everything on a non conductive surface and you will be fine. its not the end of the world if you drop a screw, just explore the best way of retrieving it. may require you to move the case into different positions to make it fall out. a lot of the gpu/psu/mobo wires are fairly obvious where they go and kinda hard to screw up. everything should be labeled fairly well and pretty specific as to the slots they can even be plugged into as to prevent people from screwing up.
    What kind of heatsink would you recommend? I assume its dependent upon the type of CPU

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    What kind of heatsink would you recommend? I assume its dependent upon the type of CPU
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-099-_-Product

im running this on my i5-6600k if youre not doing insane overclocking, air cooling like this will be fine. if youre gonna be pushing it you may want to look into liquid cooling. this cooler/heatsink will have thermal paste included.

if youre still nervous about any part of the build, there are a TON of videos on youtube. im pretty sure i have the same mobo as you as well. its super easy to set up and some good videos for this one in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_s5uN-nYfk
    ^ can help you familiarize with the mobo before receiving it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsczv8cIeM
    ^ very relevant if youre installing win7 this method
    Last edited by noladrew; 2016-06-09 at 09:49 AM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-099-_-Product

im running this on my i5-6600k if youre not doing insane overclocking, air cooling like this will be fine. if youre gonna be pushing it you may want to look into liquid cooling. this cooler/heatsink will have thermal paste included.

if youre still nervous about any part of the build, there are a TON of videos on youtube. im pretty sure i have the same mobo as you as well. its super easy to set up and some good videos for this one in particular.
    Is the thermal paste already on the product or self applied? (Everyone has a different theory on it, although the consensus is now just a pea sized drop in the center?) I have no intention of overclocking. Just want to be able to stream at 1080, and play games on high for the most part.

Is the thermal paste already on the product or self applied? (Everyone has a different theory on it, although the consensus is now just a pea sized drop in the center?) I have no intention of overclocking. Just want to be able to stream at 1080, and play games on high for the most part.
    the thermal paste wont be preapplied. when you put it on just put a pea - dime sized amount and apply pressure evenly when attaching the heatsink. you can find videos on this as well. youtube is your friend for learning things like this. just watch some stuff to help ease your nerves so you dont have shaky hands when doing the install. again... its all fairly easy and obvious, and pretty straight forward. you would really have to be pretty oblivious to actually screw something up.

the thermal paste wont be preapplied. when you put it on just put a pea - dime sized amount and apply pressure evenly when attaching the heatsink. you can find videos on this as well. youtube is your friend for learning things like this. just watch some stuff to help ease your nerves so you dont have shaky hands when doing the install. again... its all fairly easy and obvious, and pretty straight forward. you would really have to be pretty oblivious to actually screw something up.
    I have severe ADHD and can be incredibly oblivious (thus why I'm so nervous) however I can't afford to pay someone another 50-100 to put it together for me. (I don't even know if anyone would do that)

The plan was to watch a ton of youtube videos and hope for the best...

also, make sure your case will fit the heatsink you decide to go with. the one i linked is pretty big and can make things a bit tight. consider things like ram location, fan location, and anything else that may be in the same area as the fan on the heatsink

- - - Updated - - -

I have severe ADHD and can be incredibly oblivious (thus why I'm so nervous) however I can't afford to pay someone another 50-100 to put it together for me. (I don't even know if anyone would do that)

The plan was to watch a ton of youtube videos and hope for the best...
    if nerves to become an issue with having steady hands, ask for help from a friend or family member. and just help guide them. other than finding a way to manage to some how plug cables into the wrong slots, theres not much you can really screw up. all of the wires/cables have connectors that are size and shape specific though, so screwing these parts up would be difficult. securing the mobo down and attaching the heatsink to the cpu are the only "annoying?" parts of the install, with securing the mobo down only being annoying because of screwing down small screws in a limited amount of space at awkward angles sometimes.

also, make sure your case will fit the heatsink you decide to go with. the one i linked is pretty big and can make things a bit tight. consider things like ram location, fan location, and anything else that may be in the same area as the fan on the heatsink

- - - Updated - - -

if nerves to become an issue with having steady hands, ask for help from a friend or family member. and just help guide them. other than finding a way to manage to some how plug cables into the wrong slots, theres not much you can really screw up. all of the wires/cables have connectors that are size and shape specific though, so screwing these parts up would be difficult. securing the mobo down and attaching the heatsink to the cpu are the only "annoying?" parts of the install, with securing the mobo down only being annoying because of screwing down small screws in a limited amount of space at awkward angles sometimes.
    Was just looking into this, I have a fairly large case, but its about 6 1/2 to 7 inches inside I think.

Was just looking into this, I have a fairly large case, but its about 6 1/2 to 7 inches inside I think.
    was just looking at the mobo layout and direction i think it will be facing. you should be fine. when you get it all, line up the fan and see what it looks like. you may have to socket your ram before the fan. everything else should be fine. your mobo is a model higher than mine and has a better layout for a big heatsink like this one. you should be fine. the rest is just considering any case side fans really. and depth. but a mid-full case will be fine.

was just looking at the mobo layout and direction i think it will be facing. you should be fine. when you get it all, line up the fan and see what it looks like. you may have to socket your ram before the fan. everything else should be fine. your mobo is a model higher than mine and has a better layout for a big heatsink like this one. you should be fine
    Alright, Ill pick up the heatsink. Thanks for the information. Is there a problem with having the ram so close to a heatsink like this? My wifes (fried) old computer has a Coolermaster (they're huge) and its like less than a centimeter from the ram.

- - - Updated - - -

Looked into it, doesn't seem to be a problem with ram, plus I can just move the ram over some.

Alright, Ill pick up the heatsink. Thanks for the information. Is there a problem with having the ram so close to a heatsink like this? My wifes (fried) old computer has a Coolermaster (they're huge) and its like less than a centimeter from the ram.

- - - Updated - - -

Looked into it, doesn't seem to be a problem with ram, plus I can just move the ram over some.
    nah its no issue at all. if it was putting pressure on the ram it could be. but this shouldnt be happening. heading to bed will keep track of this post to see if you have any other questions. quote something or pm me if you do so it shows up as a notification.

At least from the bottom up.

Parts are:
    GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 530
    CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2A2666C16

I've been comparing computers, looking at the motherboard, trying to identify where everything goes but I have to say I'm pretty nervous. I've only done the basics of installing ram and graphics cards, never done it from motherboard, installing cpu and then connecting everything to the motherboard. Pretty terrifying stuff.

How worried do I have to be of dropping a screw (when trying to install the motherboard)?
    Besides static electricity is there anything I have to be aware of/worried about?
    All Intel models come with a CPU heatsink and thermal paste on it already right? (this is what I've read)
    It is pretty much like lego. The only thing to be real careful about (and less so today than before) is when you put on the CPU. It has an arrow where it should go, this is extremely important. Other than that, everything is pretty much "one slot only". Remember *both* power cables to the motherboard. (one for CPU and a big ass 24-26pin one, cannot miss the latter one).

Anti static care:
    Static electricity kills computers. Touch something of metal, grounded. And dress yourself in something doesn't rub your skin alot. You could also do it in your boxers (wife likes this).

nah its no issue at all. if it was putting pressure on the ram it could be. but this shouldnt be happening. heading to bed will keep track of this post to see if you have any other questions. quote something or pm me if you do so it shows up as a notification.
    Will do! Thanks, I probably wont be able to build until Friday depending on heatsink, they said it'd take 4 days, but its coming tomorrow (apparently I live 40 minutes from their distributor) so fingers crossed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    It is pretty much like lego. The only thing to be real careful about (and less so today than before) is when you put on the CPU. It has an arrow where it should go, this is extremely important. Other than that, everything is pretty much "one slot only". Remember *both* power cables to the motherboard. (one for CPU and a big ass 24-26pin one, cannot miss the latter one).

Anti static care:
    Static electricity kills computers. Touch something of metal, grounded. And dress yourself in something doesn't rub your skin alot. You could also do it in your boxers (wife likes this).
    Boxers you say...Hmm, that might work :O and yeah, I've been looking over motherboards it seems like everything is generally located in the same areas.

Will do! Thanks, I probably wont be able to build until Friday depending on heatsink, they said it'd take 4 days, but its coming tomorrow (apparently I live 40 minutes from their distributor) so fingers crossed.

- - - Updated - - -

Boxers you say...Hmm, that might work :O and yeah, I've been looking over motherboards it seems like everything is generally located in the same areas.
    :>
    Good luck, sent you a PM in case you need further assitance.