Btw Gul'dan vs Durotan fight confirms Thrall cheated vs Garrosh!!!!

TL;DR: This film is 100% "fan service" to those who grew up with the Warcraft Mythos. Since this is the case I can see why all of the reviews for this movie from non Warcraft Fans will be dreadful. I loved the movie and think its very well put together, though I still stand with my original thought that if the rest of the movie is literally 99% CGI then they should just CGI the humans as well.

To go along with that sentiment, the Orcs felt more Real and "sentient" then the humans did.

Though I feel this could be a side effect with them being so worried overall that the Orcs would look like shit and have no "soul" to connect with, because Warcraft, as I am sure most in this forum knows, both the alliance and the horde are justified and are just trying to survive. They met that goal with bringing emotion and empathy into the Orcs, I do not think they tried with the humans cause human.
    Last edited by vqkatsuko; 2016-06-09 at 09:50 AM. Reason: clarity

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Well, just checked Metacritic again and there are now TWO 0 score reviews.

Austin Chronicle:
    "the bloated and blinkered Warcraft is officially, in my tally, the single worst film of the year across the genre board. Possibly it’s a genuinely mystical experience given enough hallucinogens and/or bong hits, but longtime World of Warcraft players should and likely will storm the cineplex gates, burn the castle down, and salt the earth (and screenwriters) from whence this abomination sprung."

Looking forward to the rest of the US reviewers posting up their scores now that the release date is here. How many 0 and < 25 score reviews is Warcraft going to get?
    Newsflash, haterboy, most Warcraft fans are satisfied with the movie. Go troll somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall and Garrosh didn't have an offical mak'Gora.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Newsflash, haterboy, most Warcraft fans are satisfied with the movie. Go troll somewhere else.
    It's strange how people are saying that the film suck(when almost all the audience are satisfied) and how they tell us that it won't make enough for a sequel(when China alone can save it))

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    It's strange how people are saying that the film suck(when almost all the audience are satisfied) and how they tell us that it won't make enough for a sequel(when China alone can save it))
    well "objectively" the film does suck from a general audience point of view, most reviewers go into the film expecting a self contained movie to float on its own accord. The reviews for this movie will be polarizing, you will either love it or think its stupid. Personally I felt it was a 10 out of 10, but then again I have been playing WoW since Vanilla, have a 10 year statue, have cleared every raid, played Warcraft I through III, and spend countless hours reading all I can know about the Warcraft Mythos. So its not really a question of if "I" would like it.

I can see how its a very hard sell for the "general audience", as in non warcraft fans, to see this movie and give a shit about anything contained with in it.

Deleted
    Italian box office: Warcraft still on top with 128.071€ yesterday. Alice earned 99.379€ and X-Men only 30.697€.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

Because the horde not been evil, is a huge revelation in WC3, that is only hinted at in WC1/2 by the actions of the orcs vs gul'dan. Then you get to find out the real reason behind their corruption. And I don't like the news that Thrall is going to play a major role in the following movies. He needs to be there ofc, and come out in WC3, but he is only a 3rd of the story, humans and the scourge is the bulk, night elves start half way through but carry on into TFT as a major part. but it sounds like their involvement is going to be quite minimal, cos your'e not going to have enough time to show everything.
    What if they make a standalone WC3 trilogy? Then there'll be time for everything to wrap up.

Deleted
    Ha Guys i found an easter egg!! Well if it is one i dont know it is very subtle and didnt catch it the first 2 times XD

In the Blizzard Logo at the beginning there are Pictures of Diablo, Kerrigan, Arthas and Tracer in the Ice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vqkatsuko View Post
    well "objectively" the film does suck from a general audience point of view, most reviewers go into the film expecting a self contained movie to float on its own accord. The reviews for this movie will be polarizing, you will either love it or think its stupid. Personally I felt it was a 10 out of 10, but then again I have been playing WoW since Vanilla, have a 10 year statue, have cleared every raid, played Warcraft I through III, and spend countless hours reading all I can know about the Warcraft Mythos. So its not really a question of if "I" would like it.

I can see how its a very hard sell for the "general audience", as in non warcraft fans, to see this movie and give a shit about anything contained with in it.
    This is a good constructie review wich explains why it's so hate/love movie from a non fan crirtic
    http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/...ambitious-mess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedhoven View Post
    Italian box office: Warcraft still on top with 128.071€ yesterday. Alice earned 99.379€ and X-Men only 30.697€.
    wait but how about now you see me 2 I think yesterday was the release. no ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlin View Post
    Ha Guys i found an easter egg!! Well if it is one i dont know it is very subtle and didnt catch it the first 2 times XD

In the Blizzard Logo at the beginning there are Pictures of Diablo, Kerrigan, Arthas and Tracer in the Ice
    Yea I saw someone in the logo but I coudn't understand who it was ))

Exactly, you'd think Thrall would be better than that considering this!

I miss Garrosh

Also, my friend knew nothing about Warcraft and he really liked it.
    Last edited by Jagang; 2016-06-09 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlin View Post

You are the winner - dopest Blizzard logo I have seen so far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jagang View Post
    Exactly, you'd think Thrall would be better than that considering this!

I miss Garrosh
    Wasn't it a Mak'Gora without audience and just the nature?

Anything goes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    What if they make a standalone WC3 trilogy? Then there'll be time for everything to wrap up.
    Duncan said that he wants to make a trilogy where the Orcs find their home at the end. So, the third movie will probably end with Thrall leading his people to Kalimdor (WC3 Orcs campagin). If they wanted to include everything from WC3 + TFT (Arthas, Illidan, Archimonde, Blood Elves, ...) they would need another trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    You are the winner - dopest Blizzard logo I have seen so far

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't it a Mak'Gora without audience and just the nature?

Anything goes
    I thought it was supposed to be the rules. Garrosh basically showed up naked.

Deleted
    wait but how about now you see me 2 I think yesterday was the release. no ?
    Second place with 123.586€.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the movie yesterday. I came in without great expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

I'm just going to list some highs and lows:

+ So many easter eggs. Nearly every scene there's something for us to spot. The meeting stone was my favorite, as well as the warlords
    + Stormwind and the Ironforge exterior looked stunning and true to the universe.
    + Durotan's actor knocked it out of the park.
    + The orcs were very well done.
    + Combat scenes were very well done.
    + It looks like warcraft, it feels like warcraft.

- Acting was a bit cringeworthy at points.
    - the CGI was not always great, and was sometimes just bad.
    - The first half hour is (as has been said) very badly paced.
    - I didn't like one of the changes they made to the story, since it was obviously done to open up story for sequels. Garona being asked by Llane to kill him in order to save herself.

When I was watching it, at some points I was a bit disappointed by some of the acting and CGI, but when the credits rolled, overall, I was happy with the movie. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like it. I will probably go for another viewing, this time in 3D (which I usually hate).

I'd give it a 7-8/10.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

However much you see it, the movie seem to be a success among the fans and general audience. It wouldn't do as well as it have if it wasn't.

Also I agree, seeing it a second time is almost a must. You will notice so many more details! But I could still see the pacing problem. We need the DC asap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedhoven View Post
    Second place with 123.586€.
    Wow! that's awesome)))

Btw, I really liked how they portrayed the languages when Durotan spoke in english and Garona was translating she spoke to humans in common, not in english

I fucking hate torrents, more than 30k people have downloaded the movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ezioda004 View Post
    I fucking hate torrents, more than 30k people have downloaded the movie.
    Maybe they already watched it ))

Maybe they already watched it ))
    Yeah, I downloaded one after seeing the movie in cinema, they're very low quality, and the audio is horrible.

Sometimes you get lucky and there's a good recording, but it's not the case.