Just read it all and I must say at least Blizzard are listening instead of sweeping it under the rug. I still doubt the servers will happen any time soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just read it all and I must say at least Blizzard are listening instead of sweeping it under the rug. I still doubt the servers will happen any time soon.
    Hopefully sometime!
    But from blizzards point id say now would be the worst time. Blizz has their hands full with legion etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Lets no try to act like this is one sided thing.
    Both "sides" have been acting like babys for most of the thread. Not saying that you do tho.
    Very rarely i see any constructive talking and criticisism. Its mostly pro legacy calling retail players casuals and anti legacy ppl calling vanilla players nostalgia pirates.
    Oh I'm quite aware both sides have been jerks to the other. However, earlier on in this thread many pro-Legacy people were getting banned and suspended for breaking many of the rules on the site for being overly aggressive and hateful. Had a few people make some death threats, one person was posting inappropriate pictures and so on. Excessive line crossing was made by pro-legacy people.

It sounds like multiple things going on. Possibly the most important is that new build files will need to be generated for the newer hardware available. This involves source changes possibly as well, to reflect new resources.

Version control issue. yikes. I imagine it's all there, just grossly mismanaged and not organized? Even if someone took a version with them to their office (and never returned it), or tossed it .. or some bizarre circumstance, I'd still want to believe that more than 1 copy of a version existed. The vault could be a mess, with handwritten CD DVD-ROM labels etc, everything scattered and disheveled .. but having versions disappear without harddrive backup is mind boggling, even 20 years ago -- and WoW is only 12 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by goibonuden View Post
    There were also some bosses they did much better than warriors. Mainly bosses that did magic damage and a few other unique encounters. Warriors were certainly more viable overall, but towards the tail end of vanilla there were a fair number of feral raiders around.
    For example?
    Honestly there is no vanilla fight I can think of where you'd want a feral over a warrior.
    Or tbc fight.
    WoTLK other fights started to be good outside of niche encounters. Legit the only fights where you would prefer a feral over a warrior until then would be brutallus (maybe). I wouldn't even say tanking shadow leotheras because a warlock/warrior in FR gear could do it better.

Focusing on the already "known" technical obstacles that have to be overcome for Legacy to become a reality instead of focusing on this settence : "After this meeting, we can affirm that these guys WANT to have legacy WoW servers, that is for sure" is a personal choice i guess. Not a really smart one, but a choice nontheless.
    Last edited by voidillusion; 2016-06-09 at 09:09 AM.

Well, it seems that this thread will eventually reach 2k pages.

Until the imminent announcement of legacy servers at Blizzcon 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    For example?
    Honestly there is no vanilla fight I can think of where you'd want a feral over a warrior.
    Or tbc fight.
    WoTLK other fights started to be good outside of niche encounters. Legit the only fights where you would prefer a feral over a warrior until then would be brutallus (maybe). I wouldn't even say tanking shadow leotheras because a warlock/warrior in FR gear could do it better.
    Feral Druids in raids were good offtanks and bears did much better damage than prot warriors, and generated aggro a lot easier, so it was nice to have a bear instead of an extra prot warrior.
    Bears were also more useful in some fights than warriors, they couldn't be polymorphed (Jindo), couldn't be mind controlled (Skeram), except by totems and they could shift out of snare.
    They did have their place, but like a balance druid, rarely more than 1 in a raid guild, so its hard to find a guild. If I remember correctly they were also preferred on trash clearing in AQ over warriors, but memory is fuzzy. edit: and of course it was nice to have the 3% crit buff

Found a link where you can do a lot more in-depth reading on what made them good in vanilla: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3335
    Last edited by goibonuden; 2016-06-09 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh I'm quite aware both sides have been jerks to the other. However, earlier on in this thread many pro-Legacy people were getting banned and suspended for breaking many of the rules on the site for being overly aggressive and hateful. Had a few people make some death threats, one person was posting inappropriate pictures and so on. Excessive line crossing was made by pro-legacy people.
    And how many of these users were there then? And it was only at the first couple of days after the Nost shutdown? You've been shitposting a lot towards pro-legacy people the last couple of... months to say the least. Both sides can be equally as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    And how many of these users were there then? And it was only at the first couple of days after the Nost shutdown? You've been shitposting a lot towards pro-legacy people the last couple of... months to say the least. Both sides can be equally as bad.
    If I have been crossing lines then I'd have had moderator action against me, okay? No, both sides are bad but pro-legacy hella crossed the line many times in this thread and most of us know it.

How many were there? Easily a good 10-15 of them. Most of them that weren't banned have stopped posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    If I have been crossing lines then I'd have had moderator action against me, okay? No, both sides are bad but pro-legacy hella crossed the line many times in this thread and most of us know it.

How many were there? Easily a good 10-15 of them. Most of them that weren't banned have stopped posting.
    Looking at the tone you have been using in your latest posts here i can completly relate to anyone who has replied to you hotheaded. The amount of fanatic rubish has gone off the charts. Thankfully i'm at a stage of my life where my kids have already gave me tools to handle with this situation, or why would probably retorted in the same way as those banned and prevented from posting.

Having a different opinion is just fine, no it's great we have ppl with different opinions. Never a issue is black and white, there are always nuances. But the way you deliberatly use expressions like "As I predicted. Yes, I get a "I told you so" - and I'm fucking claiming it." about something that is pretty much a known reallity, well you're just trying to pick a fight honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    For example?
    Or tbc fight.
    For vanilla you would be right. Ferals made sub-par tanks at best, mainly because it was pretty much impossible for them to push crushing blows off the hit table, which both paladins and warriors could do.

TBC however introduced the pretty hefty druid re-vamp that made all specs viable. They baked CB immunity into Bear form, and gave Feral Tanks pretty much the biggest hitpoint pools out of all the tanks, by a fair margin, as well as some of the best pure physical damage reduction. This, coupled with ferals being Avoidance tanks, rather then Mitigation Tanks (survive by dodging hits, rather then reducing their damage through block when they land), meant that Feral tanks were superior to wariors / paladins on anything that hit hard but slow. I am also pretty sure that TBC ferals has the best passive Magic damage mitigation out of any tank, so they were also the superior tank for any boss that hit with un-reflectable magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Focusing on the already "known" technical obstacles that have to be overcome for Legacy to become a reality instead of focusing on this settence : "After this meeting, we can affirm that these guys WANT to have legacy WoW servers, that is for sure" is a personal choice i guess. Not a really smart one, but a choice nontheless.
    Focusing on the speculation that blizzard "wants" legacy servers because someone from the nost crew says they think blizzard "wants" legacy servers is the height of idiocy. Untill blizzard updates their official stance on the issue, we have no idea what Blizzard "wants", and Nost's staggering confirmation bias doesnt help......

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Focusing on the speculation that blizzard "wants" legacy servers because someone from the nost crew says they think blizzard "wants" legacy servers is the height of idiocy. Untill blizzard updates their official stance on the issue, we have no idea what Blizzard "wants", and Nost's staggering confirmation bias doesnt help......
    Shhhh man! You are really hurting the good feelings they have right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Bears weren't immune to crushing blows in TBC, they were given high armor to help survive the damage from them.
    Ahh, right. They could push crits off the table, but couldnt get crushing blows off. Still, highest HP and highest phys damage reduction were signifigant against certain bosses.

So you think Blizz would really allow them to state that without even posting a correction if it wasnt true? Height of idiocy indeed, you are correct.

Ahh, right. They could push crits off the table, but couldnt get crushing blows off. Still, highest HP and highest phys damage reduction were signifigant against certain bosses.
    They had that in vanilla as well though (higher armor and HP). They were awesome for certain situations in vanilla, warriors were just more awesome most (but not all) of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the tone you have been using in your latest posts here i can completly relate to anyone who has replied to you hotheaded. The amount of fanatic rubish has gone off the charts. Thankfully i'm at a stage of my life where my kids have already gave me tools to handle with this situation, or why would probably retorted in the same way as those banned and prevented from posting.

Having a different opinion is just fine, no it's great we have ppl with different opinions. Never a issue is black and white, there are always nuances. But the way you deliberatly use expressions like "As I predicted. Yes, I get a "I told you so" - and I'm fucking claiming it." about something that is pretty much a known reallity, well you're just trying to pick a fight honestly.
    That wasn't him. That was Gadzooks, who was absolutely convinced Blizzard would only be interested in Nost's anti-cheating technology and then send them on their way. Feel free to take a look at his post history for a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by goibonuden View Post
    They had that in vanilla as well though (higher armor and HP). They were awesome for certain situations in vanilla, warriors were just more awesome most (but not all) of the time.
    not really. Druids had a signifigantly greater problem reaching high defense numbers in Vanilla if I remember correctly, as pretty much all "defense" gear was plate. Finding leather gear with defense on it was like finding a needle in a field of haystacks.

- - - Updated - - -

So you think Blizz would really allow them to state that without even posting a correction if it wasnt true? Height of idiocy indeed, you are correct.
    Right, because Blizzard's PR department has nothing better to do then jump out and make statements every time somebody takes something somebody esle said about blizzard out of context........... I mean, the absolute wealth of stuff that has been simply flowing out of Blizzards PR department regarding the whole Nost Legacy thing just totally supports that theory.......

News Flash: Some people from nost think Blizzard 'really want' Legaccy servers. That is it. It is simply something some nost guys think. Untill Blizzard themselves either confirm or deny, that is all it will ever be. But agian, staggering confirmation bias at work couldnt possibly be a factor here. I mean, christ, the simple fact that Blizzard actually took the time to sit down and talk to them is treated like a bloody carved in stone guarantee to most of the pro-legacy people, so it doesnt surprise me in the least that a nost dev trying to imagine what is going through blizzards collecctive minds with no way of acctually knowing is treated as gospel from god......

not really. Druids had a signifigantly greater problem reaching high defense numbers in Vanilla if I remember correctly, as pretty much all "defense" gear was plate. Finding leather gear with defense on it was like finding a needle in a field of haystacks.
    What you say about defense numbers is true, but it doesn't change the fact that feral druids were situationally awesome and in rare occasions preferred over warriors. You can read here if you're interested: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3335

For instance:
    "There's a few misconceptions about feral druids that people keep using against those who want to play this spec.

Bears can't tank
    This is untrue. While bears do lack tanking cooldowns and crit immunity, and should therefore not MT raid bosses under normal circumstances, bears are pretty sturdy. They have way more health and armor than warriors, which easily compensates for the lack of block and parry. Bears are plenty tanky, and there's a few fights in vanilla where you want a bear tank for mechanical reasons. Any raid guild that doesn't have a feral druid will eventually reach a point where they ask themselves "damn it, why didn't we have a feral druid?"