Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As someone that moved to PuG raiding back in Cata, no one is forced to a fixed schedule and group to do organized raiding. And yes casuals can and do raid.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No game will ever meet that criteria. You want organized group benefits without having to organize. You will rarely ever meet those requirements. So you should stay gone, or change your requirements.
    there are plenty of games that meet those criteria - they eveolved together with playerbase instead staying in the same place as most of mmorpgs for past 10 years and that why they are 1000 times more popular .

This game is totally playable as a single player casual. I've been subscribed since about halfway through vanilla and have never been in a guild other than a basic leveling one. I play each expansion until I've finished the story and gotten about as good of gear I can get in either LFR or 5-mans, depending on the expansion, and then I work on alts. I sometimes work on rep, like cloud serpents, Argent Tournament, or nether drakes. I'm a physician and don't have more than a couple hours a week to play, but I've never run out of things to do. This is a massive game, and there's always something to work on. That's not for everyone, but don't let someone tell you this game isn't for casuals or requires you to do something you don't like. Play it how you want. If you run out of fun things to do, unsubscribe until the next expansion.

You want to achieve something and not to put effort in it? Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Durtnasty View Post
    I quit WoW because it seemed like once I got to max level, if I wanted to progress through PvP/PvE I was forced to join a guild and start scheduling my life around a video game.
    Haven't been part of an active guild for any of WoD except the very beginning and i cleared all 3 raids on Heroic and been doing arena at around the Duelist cutoff (2200-2300) the entire expansion, while working at least 40 hours a week and doing part time online classes.

Not what i'd call "schedule my life around a video game", but no i don't have much of a social life and don't care for it.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2016-06-09 at 12:20 PM.

Yes, it's very much possible to play this game casually. There are thousands of pick up groups running HFC (normal\hc mostly) every day...

That being said, sure, you don't need to schedule your life around a game, but you'll have to spend some hours if you want to do anything proper.

I quit WoW because it seemed like once I got to max level, if I wanted to progress through PvP/PvE I was forced to join a guild and start scheduling my life around a video game.
    Then I guess MMORPGs are not for you?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I'm interested in Legion but I don't want to waste my time if I end up hitting 110 and become stuck in the same situation where all I can really do is LFR and crappy PUGs if I want to progress in raiding, or join a serious PvP guild in order to find a good RBG group.

Anyone have this issue? Also; any chance of World PVP returning in legion?
    i think you dont understand 2 things:

- the meaning of the word MMORPG (what wow is)

- the fact, that there is (in no universe) anything left, besides organized raiding (guilds), pugs (the tool), and matchmaking (lfr). what the hell should there be else where you can fit in ??? (same goes for pvp)

i am really interested in a description of WHAT playstyle (or game mechanic or whatever its called) you are searchin ? did you ever asked yourself "what do i want?" or "it would be fun for me, if xyz...". plz show us that.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-06-09 at 12:21 PM.

Like others have said, the "I can't commit X amount of hours to a game anymore, or X amount of days" excuse doesn't hold a lot of water nowadays. 2 and 3 day guilds are extremely popular, so if you can't commit to 6 hours a week (maybe 9), then I don't know what to tell ya.

Deleted
    I quit work because it seemed like once I got past my trial period, if I wanted to progress through the hierarchy I was forced to work 8 hours a day & schedule my life around my job.

I'm interested in becoming a CEO but I don't want to waste my time if I end becoming stuck in the same situation where all I can really do is misc low paid work

Anyone have this issue? Also; any chance of World PVP returning in legion?

Deleted
    Ok I get it you don't wanna commit to a guild but why are you so negative about pugs? They are not as bad as most people make it seem. If you search for a while you will definitely find a good group. Don't expect to get carried.

The game isn't for everyone. Want certain content? Jump through the hoops required. Or don't for whatever reason and settle for the next best thing.

As for "world pvp", it's bound to happen if you play on a PVP server that's balanced in terms of faction pop ratio. Most seem to prefer to play on pvp servers where they never meet the other faction though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Like others have said, the "I can't commit X amount of hours to a game anymore, or X amount of days" excuse doesn't hold a lot of water nowadays. 2 and 3 day guilds are extremely popular, so if you can't commit to 6 hours a week (maybe 9), then I don't know what to tell ya.
    Because people have commitments outside of the game, which may appear at short notice. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Because people have commitments outside of the game, which may appear at short notice. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp.
    There is a few jobs that require you to be on call 24/7 but honestly, how likely it is to happen often enough to bother your raid group heavily?

Doubt most guilds would hold it agains't you if you say "sorry gtg to try to save lives" once or twice a year as a Firefighter or a Paramedic for example.

Define casually.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    There is a few jobs that require you to be on call 24/7 but honestly, how likely it is to happen often enough to bother your raid group heavily?

Doubt most guilds would hold it agains't you if you say "sorry gtg to try to save lives" once or twice a year as a Firefighter or a Paramedic for example.
    Yep this right here. As I have said 15 times in this thread already... do research on the guilds youre interested in and talk to them. Being on call 24/7 is not a deal breaker. It just needs to be addressed and accounted for ahead of time.
    Science the shit out of it!

Just join a normal/hc guild and play a DPS. Nobody cares if a DPS doesn't show up in a flex raid.

I'm personally wondering how much I'll be able to get out of Wow now, since my living situation has changed. My partner and I have moved in with his 83 year old mother because she is no longer healthy enough to care for herself. She requires constant care... The most I get is maybe 30 to 45 minutes of uninterrupted time in between taking her to a different location or feeding her or whatnot. It's not a bad thing, it's top priority over everything else right now, but it will change the way I play the game going forward. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to achieve in the game with this new schedule. To be clear, I'm not calling for the game to be changed to give me all the same rewards a regular scheduled raider gets. I'm just wondering if my limited time will drastically impact my ability to upgrade artifacts or get any meaningful gear at all, especially considering the changes to pvp.

Deleted
    There are lots of casual guilds (with people just like you). If you can not find any, then the server must have low population. Another option is to join bigger raiding guild and join to casual alt runs. Most bigger mythic raiding guilds have alt/social member runs also in calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Turin777 View Post
    I'm personally wondering how much I'll be able to get out of Wow now, since my living situation has changed. My partner and I have moved in with his 83 year old mother because she is no longer healthy enough to care for herself. She requires constant care... The most I get is maybe 30 to 45 minutes of uninterrupted time in between taking her to a different location or feeding her or whatnot. It's not a bad thing, it's top priority over everything else right now, but it will change the way I play the game going forward. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to achieve in the game with this new schedule. To be clear, I'm not calling for the game to be changed to give me all the same rewards a regular scheduled raider gets. I'm just wondering if my limited time will drastically impact my ability to upgrade artifacts or get any meaningful gear at all, especially considering the changes to pvp.
    seriously, there are more guilds in wow for ppl like you, than for hardcore timeinvesters like me. really. so there should be exactly 0 problem. that game is full of sometimes-players lookin for "who is on in guild" just to do some 30min stuff.

if you cant find that playstyle in wow, you will find em nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    Just join a normal/hc guild and play a DPS. Nobody cares if a DPS doesn't show up in a flex raid.
    or this. or anything else of the quadrizillion options, casuals have. look, i show you fine granulated steps from mega casual to hardcore:

- log in for normal guild flex (as long as you stay, or just 15-20mins for 1 boss)
    - log in for hc guild flex (talk to your RL to share a spot with others, and its also flex)

so, look at that list. if you cant fit in yourself somewehere (and i even dont list all the pvp) you can, for sure as hell, in no game on this planet.