View Poll Results: Title Question.

Voters
330. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Azshara can carry an entire expansion.

219 66.36%
  • No, Azshara can not carry an entire expansion.

111 33.64%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As an only villain nah it wouldn't sit well with the player base. Personally I would like to see an Azshara/old god expansion with 8.0 being the build up and 8.2 with dealing with Azshara and her death (Maybe) would spill into 8.4 with the awakening of Ny'alotha and N'zoth raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara alongside Old God forces is enough for an expansion on it's own.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Good that you remembered me. In MoP you can find on the troll island a waterlogged journal that details how Zandalar has been partially flooded and even the main temple sank to the side and it's crooked now. I do imagine naga could try to profit off that.

As for zones, they could have other things besides water zones, could have an underwater cave with air, a bottom of the ocean where you're forced to sit on the floor of the sea maybe too. Swampy Zandalar. Kul Tiras. Tel'Abim. The Plunder Isles. And an underwater zone in Azshara's capital. And we already have 7 zones.
    That would be rather awesome.

Been a big fan of Azhara, since forever, and have always wanted to know more about her and eventually fight her and hopefully win.

SSC the expansion, pass.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Good that you remembered me. In MoP you can find on the troll island a waterlogged journal that details how Zandalar has been partially flooded and even the main temple sank to the side and it's crooked now. I do imagine naga could try to profit off that.

As for zones, they could have other things besides water zones, could have an underwater cave with air, a bottom of the ocean where you're forced to sit on the floor of the sea maybe too. Swampy Zandalar. Kul Tiras. Tel'Abim. The Plunder Isles. And an underwater zone in Azshara's capital. And we already have 7 zones.
    i presume were going to get, these 2 raids, next raid naga and nzoth, then after that we get zandalar, as the naga are no longer messing with them, they are not good to get us, after that we do the demon stuff again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Two points here:

1- Deathwing, while could use a better characterstics, actually did work out as a giant ass dragon who tore the world in half kind of villain.
    2- The new players aren't that familiar with naga because they are new. Also, bear in mind that, the newer players back then aren't new anymore.

I see where you're coming from though (I am in the camp that agrees as I said in the OP.)
    1. Yes, he broke the world because he was fat. He jumped and that rift in the barrens formed. He jumped again and 1/6 of Stormwind fell. No wonder we were able to rip his plates off so easily, they were bursting off him. Oh, he also kept eating fried stuff, which weren't good for his colesterol. He kept flying and burning stuff then eating it. That would be like using a flamethrower on roadkill then eating it.

2. Somewhat true. I can't remember how many naga were in MoP, if there weren't any that means that for 2 expansions we've had no naga... still, in Legion there will be plenty of naga. I guess the newer players did naga see this coming... I'm so phunny, like a dryad!

She would be a good villain in an Old God expansion which also featured N'Zoth. I don't think making her the big bad is necessarily the best way to go though. I'd write it where she is the "cartoon villain" that the Lich King was in Wotlk where she shows up a lot but ultimately, we are trying to stop her from unleashing something worse, that being a Old God. The final raid of the expansion could feature both her and N'zoth as she unleashes the Old God. However, the problem is that given this setup I think we'd struggle to find someone to fill the mid tier raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I can see someone speculating that they could be a boss but what makes you '100%' sure?

Also N'zoth has also gotten quite a bit of build up, more so than Yogg or C'thun did, so I'd be surprised to have not only one but BOTH of them die in a side tier in an expansion about the LEGION.
    because the thing is old gods are alot more simple then demons (amount of minions wise)

demons have like 15 differant races, where the old gods have about 3-4 so having a whole expansion based on them...

remember yog sarron such a cool awesome boss....was in a raid that only has 1 other old god boss, and 2 rooms of old god minions....

so im presuming we will get a whole patch of nzoth and aszhara, we are getting the emerald dream as a raid/dungeon/small part of a zone, something people have been asking for as a expansion for a long long time

also this expansion has tons of naga, 3 water mounts, thaldranath a island right beside nzoth's prison, and neltharions lair, a place where neltharion slowly whent mad from hearing the whispers of nzoth since they were so close to eachother....

so im pretty sure, after guldan in suramar, we get naga/nzoth, then after that trolls, then after that we go to kiljadens palace on argus
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-06-09 at 04:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    People who don't think she's strong just don't know the lore. She was at least as strong as Archimonde in WotA, and that was 10,000 years ago, before she was buffed by N'Zoth.

She carried the War of the Ancients trilogy as a villain.

She's got connections to both Sargeras and the Old Gods, and most likely to Elune and Azeroth, too, not to mention Illidan, making her a potentially very important bridge to the upcoming Void Lord vs Azeroth stories.

7+ Year Old Account
    no shes a spoiled wannabe succubis elf lady. shes crap without her advisers. besides she was only a dungeon boss in cata if i remember correctly
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara has a mystery to her.

To be honest there's so much we don't know about her at this point, I doubt she would overshadow N'zoth.

There's just nothing to bar her from being the end boss of an expansion, N'zoth and her are a very real threat to Azeroth and they have potential to be expansion centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    People who don't think she's strong just don't know the lore. She was at least as strong as Archimonde in WotA, and that was 10,000 years ago, before she was buffed by N'Zoth.

She carried the War of the Ancients trilogy as a villain.

She's got connections to both Sargeras and the Old Gods, and most likely to Elune and Azeroth, too, not to mention Illidan, making her a potentially very important bridge to the upcoming Void Lord vs Azeroth stories.
    and you say we don't know the lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    and you say we don't know the lore.
    In WotA, Mannoroth estimates her to be somewhere between Archimonde and Kil'jaeden in "power level", and even then he's not entirely sure she's not stronger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    She would be a good villain in an Old God expansion which also featured N'Zoth. I don't think making her the big bad is necessarily the best way to go though. I'd write it where she is the "cartoon villain" that the Lich King was in Wotlk where she shows up a lot but ultimately, we are trying to stop her from unleashing something worse, that being a Old God. The final raid of the expansion could feature both her and N'zoth as she unleashes the Old God. However, the problem is that given this setup I think we'd struggle to find someone to fill the mid tier raids.
    Well, we'd go for N'zoth first or second raid. Azshara would gather his power to be the main deal in last raid. In the other raids we could have the Kvaldir attack of sorts, with naga and kvaldir fighting for something and we come in. We could have to battle Ozumat or a corrupted Neptulon. If we go to Zandalar we could battle their king. Maybe have to fight in a pirate raid too.

In WotA, Mannoroth estimates her to be somewhere between Archimonde and Kil'jaeden in "power level", and even then he's not entirely sure she's not stronger.
    nope. he outright said that Archimonde is superior to her. heck, Archimonde never even looked at her how insignificant she was to him.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because the thing is old gods are alot more simple then demons (amount of minions wise)

demons have like 15 differant races, where the old gods have about 3-4 so having a whole expansion based on them...

remember yog sarron such a cool awesome boss....was in a raid that only has 1 other old god boss, and 2 rooms of old god minions....

so im presuming we will get a whole patch of nzoth and aszhara, we are getting the emerald dream as a raid/dungeon/small part of a zone, something people have been asking for as a expansion for a long long time

also this expansion has tons of naga, 3 water mounts, thaldranath a island right beside nzoth's prison, and neltharions lair, a place where neltharion slowly whent mad from hearing the whispers of nzoth since they were so close to eachother....

so im pretty sure, after guldan in suramar, we get naga/nzoth, then after that trolls, then after that we go to kiljadens palace on argus
    Just as BC and Legion introduced new forms of demons, a truly old god focused expansion could introduce new types of foes to fight, such as new old god minions or monsters from the watery depths. If we get an expansion for Azshara and/or N'zoth then there will surely be plenty of new enemy models thrown at us, same as every expansion.

Aren't the naga only in one zone really so far? I wouldn't call that 'tons' in fact a bood portion of the zone from what I've played is actually about the Legion. Are there any naga outside of Azsuna and the eye of azshara dungeon so far? The naga have played a role in various places in Vanilla, BC, and Cata, this is hardly the first time they've gotten a big piece of a zone for themselves.

The tidbit about the island is interesting, it's a far cry from confirming that we're going to kill one, let alone both of them this expansion. N'zoth has gotten more build up than the other old gods we've faced, who were introduced and killed in the same expansion they were introduced. (Or in Y'shaarj's case thousands of years ago with his heart being destroyed in SoO.) It's certainly possible that we could end up facing them, but saying you're 100% certain just seems like a bit premature to say IMO. Especially if you think BOTH are going to be killed off.

Deleted
    What? No. The whole argument was that basically Mannaroth was busy with preparations and there comes Azshara and is like "what's taking so long loser? hurry the fuck up!" (not her words, but their meaning) and Mannaroth thinks in his mind "I could crush her" but Sargeras whispers him that there's more to her that meets the eye and she could probably crush him, though Archimode and Kil'jaden are stronger than her so Mannaroth is forced to act somewhat nice.

So, she was stronger than Mannaroth, but still weaker than Archimode and Kil'jaden.

He says that none but Archimonde or KJ would be a match for her. That doesn't necessarily mean that she's as strong or stronger than them, only that they're the only ones in the Legion that (well Sargeras too of course) that could take her.

- - - Updated - - -

What? No. The whole argument was that basically Mannaroth was busy with preparations and there comes Azshara and is like "what's taking so long loser? hurry the fuck up!" (not her words, but their meaning) and Mannaroth thinks in his mind "I could crush her" but Sargeras whispers him that there's more to her that meets the eye and she could probably crush him, though Archimode and Kil'jaden are stronger than her so Mannaroth is forced to act somewhat nice.

So, she was stronger than Mannaroth, but still weaker than Archimode and Kil'jaden.
    I don't remember that part, I thought he tried to crush her but was stopped by her barrier or something? I could be remembering wrong though.

Just as BC and Legion introduced new forms of demons, a truly old god focused expansion could introduce new types of foes to fight, such as new old god minions or monsters from the watery depths. If we get an expansion for Azshara and/or N'zoth then there will surely be plenty of new enemy models thrown at us, same as every expansion.

Aren't the naga only in one zone really so far? I wouldn't call that 'tons' in fact a bood portion of the zone from what I've played is actually about the Legion. Are there any naga outside of Azsuna and the eye of azshara dungeon so far? The naga have played a role in various places in Vanilla, BC, and Cata, this is hardly the first time they've gotten a big piece of a zone for themselves.

The tidbit about the island is interesting, it's a far cry from confirming that we're going to kill one, let alone both of them this expansion. N'zoth has gotten more build up than the other old gods we've faced, who were introduced and killed in the same expansion they were introduced. (Or in Y'shaarj's case thousands of years ago with his heart being destroyed in SoO.) It's certainly possible that we could end up facing them, but saying you're 100% certain just seems like a bit premature to say IMO. Especially if you think BOTH are going to be killed off.
    so tentacles, more tentacles, more tentacles, fish, more fish, fish fish fish, naga, more naga, naga... thing is the old gods only built a few types of minions because they are one race, the burning legion is many races, think of the covenent from halo, a bunch of races all working together nzoth made only 2 types of minions to serve him the kraken, and the faceless depths (we havent seen them yet, a underwater version of the faceless we see from yog sarron basicly)

yog'sarron had the nerbuian, 3 differant breeds, counceller, drone, and guardian
    Cthun had 3 kinds of qiarji, the warriors, the flyers, and the mindflayers
    yasharajj had 2 kinds of mantid, warrior, and queen
    and all of them worked together to create the 3 kinds of faceless we see, warriors, seers, and the generals

now there is minor races but most of them are creatures that were on azeroth that were just mutated slightly by the old gods, and dont server them directly, but will follow bigger more mutated version of themselves

we see the naga in a dungeon, in aszuna, we see lady aszhara there... and the naga are scattered all over the shores of the island

vanilla yes, bc but that was not nzoth/aszhra's naga that was illidans naga, and in cata those are nzoth's naga aswell, so now their coming back

and thaldranath is right beside nzoth's prison so we will have 2 naga based zones most likley

also nzoth made the emerald nightmare, made the naga, and turned deathwing insane, all things we see here on the broken isles....

thats the reason why i am 100% sure we are getting nzoth
    Naga
    Deathwing's cave
    emerald nightmare
    all things nzoth took part in
    his prison is right beside thaldranath
    and we have 3 underwater mounts coming in legion (kinda weird for a expansion with a lack of water <_< >_>)
    and azshara herself shows up

all things that SCREAM nzoth is coming

- - - Updated - - -

im pretty sure the book said "only the power of master sargeras could match hers"

- - - Updated - - -

He says that none but Archimonde or KJ would be a match for her. That doesn't necessarily mean that she's as strong or stronger than them, only that they're the only ones in the Legion that (well Sargeras too of course) that could take her.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember that part, I thought he tried to crush her but was stopped by her barrier or something? I could be remembering wrong though.
    yes im pretty sure he tried to crush her, she stopped him, and he noticed her power
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-06-09 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

To be fair, "stronger that mannaroth" doesn't really mean much. I mean this guy just....dies. Like alot. Mostly to a single orc.