Miami Herald entertainment review.

"Director Duncan Jones’ film adaptation of the popular computer game is dazzling but trite."

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...e82570427.html

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    One IMAX ticket costs €14,50 ($16,40) here.
    Here the matinee ticket is $6.5 (and free glasses, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Guys! We are going green!

lol that's awesome. As far as positive reviews go, someone posted the USA Today review here the other day which I thought was positive, and it's an approved publication on metacritic but they haven't added it yet for some reason.

Deleted
    Or the chinese site is off or I don't know it says warcraft made 641M yuan wich is 97.6M

Quote Originally Posted by chocotaco View Post
    lol that's awesome. As far as positive reviews go, someone posted the USA Today review here the other day which I thought was positive, and it's an approved publication on metacritic but they haven't added it yet for some reason.
    It isn't the only one, I have yet to see any of the positive reviews up on Metacritic yet... biased website :P

- - - Updated - - -

This is one amazing comment from a danish non-fan:

"I have never played Warcraft, only AD&D .... but was surprisely well entertained for 2 hours. Please fire the critics who bashed it in their review."
    And the positive comments keep coming up on the danish movie websites. Only VERY few have said negative things and they have only rated it half (like 5/10 or 3/6)

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    It isn't the only one, I have yet to see any of the positive reviews up on Metacritic yet... biased website :P
    Metacritic doesn't accept all reviews, only from certain publications. The list of publications they include can be found here:

http://www.metacritic.com/faq#item20

USA Today is on that list, so it should be added at somepoint but hasn't yet. Either they will add it soon, or it somehow got overlooked.

Deleted
    Let's say an extended edition is coming. how long do we have to wait after the normal dvd release? Or do they both release at the same time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    Let's say an extended edition is coming. how long do we have to wait after the normal dvd release? Or do they both release at the same time?
    BvS is getting his bluray/extended edition at the end of this month, if I remember correctly. Of maybe at the end of July.

So 2-3 month later.

Actually for Warcraft we need to wait for early July to be SURE that the dvd will have the extended cut (because the release are delayed all over June).

Sooo... I would expect the dvd release around late August / early September, maybe October.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    I don't know but LOTR DC released 7 months after the film

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    I don't know but LOTR DC released 7 months after the film
    I can't wait 7 months T_T I need more warcraft!! AARGH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    I couldn't care less about what critics say about a movie; they're paid to rip things apart and I rarely agree with them on anything.
    Yes, this! Thank you very much.

Honestly, I'm not sure why people on here are arguing if it's a good or bad movie. That's all personal opinion anyhow. There are some movies out there that people think were horrible that I think were amazing. That's just how it goes.

Listening to critics though? That's just foolish.

I read a review that claimed this film to be this generation's "Battlefield Earth".

From the early trailers the film already looked cheap- Gods of Egypt tier is where I would place the film based on that impression. I am seeing it Saturday with the kids.

The consensus for the film is so poor, I wonder hows this will effect Jones. Whom had a great two film punch but this was supposed to be his arrival to the blockbuster.

According to the trades, the film is expected to due poorly domestically as well. A lot of talk is around Warcraft and Fantastic Beast (And Where to Find Them) as the modern proving ground for the fantasy genre post disappointing The Hobbit reception.

Interesting!

Deleted
    This movie is nowhere even close to Battlefield Earth bad, thats pure hyperbole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to see this in 3D tomorrow, which is the second 3D movie since Avatar back in 2009(?). Then gonna see it on Saturday without those stupid glasses. Somehow I think that the normal version gonna rock my pants.

After reading the South China Morning post article. 2/5 stars.

http://www.scmp.com/culture/film-tv/...-tale-orcs-and

I wonder how strong the movie will stay after the initial weekend? What kind of staying power it will have there on the second weekend as far as percentage drop? It's a very hard market to predict, especially so with warcraft but as far as opening weekends go, it's doing extremely well there but I do think that was a given. It will be interesting to watch as more review come out of China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I read a review that claimed this film to be this generation's "Battlefield Earth".

From the early trailers the film already looked cheap- Gods of Egypt tier is where I would place the film based on that impression. I am seeing it Saturday with the kids.

The consensus for the film is so poor, I wonder hows this will effect Jones. Whom had a great two film punch but this was supposed to be his arrival to the blockbuster.

According to the trades, the film is expected to due poorly domestically as well. A lot of talk is around Warcraft and Fantastic Beast (And Where to Find Them) as the modern proving ground for the fantasy genre post disappointing The Hobbit reception.

Interesting!
    You seem to have not paid much attention to the film if that is all you can say. The consensus among US and UK critics so far have been that it is poor. General audiences and fans have said quite the opposite and the critical reception in Europe has been more favourable. So no, there is no overall consensus the way you describe it. Also, it is not this generation's "Battlefield Earth" by any stretch of the imagination.

It broke records in China and has been number 1 in almost every country so far. It will quite soon break even on its 160 million USD budget without the US. As for the US box office, people have said that it is going to do poorly there, but we will see.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-06-09 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Interesting!
    Metacritic and Rottentomatoes actually don't mean anything. As always, anyway. There is no film that deserve to be judged by his RT rating and critics.

I went to an early screening in Chicago on Tuesday. The movie was better than the critics say it is. But a lot of the drama is really bad, for example

Lothars son dying, the scene was just bad.

Lothar having a romance with Garona, its forced and super fake. He just looks at her and he's head over heals in love

The Orcs dying world, the urgency and drama of this is never shown or felt

It had other changes that make the game story much superior:

Orcs don't drink demon blood

Garonna's dumb drama of being forced to kill the king to make peace, didn't understand why that would even make peace

Turalyon isn't shown, hell Lordaeron is never even mention once

Kahdgar is an idiot runaway mage. He doesn't get cursed to old age by Medivh

Medivh subplot was kinda mediocre, infected with Fel instead of Sargaras posession, Dalaran floating even though its not supposed to be

But if you go in just to enjoy it as a movie with lots of easter eggs to WoW then you will enjoy it.

I'd give it 7/10, best video game movie but not saying much, happy I didn't pay for the IMAX tickets. Entire ending felt very rushed, just ends with no real war, the movie never gave a sense that a huge war with the Orcs was going on. They tell you a war is going on but don't show it, committing an Star Wars prequel sin, they do this for the Orc home world as well. IE Anakin and Obi-wan are close friends but we never see it, they just tell us or the blockade of Naboo is causing the people to die but yet everything seems fine. It was just 3 short battles, a quick overhead of some burned villages and that's it (Elwyn ambush, blackrock ambush and portal battle) with some Orcs massacring other Orcs.
    Last edited by forster38; 2016-06-09 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    Anybody know how the film did in South Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    This movie is nowhere even close to Battlefield Earth bad, thats pure hyperbole.
    Yeah that is taking things to far. One of the best books ever i have to say.

I saw it the other night and as expected it wasn't as bad as some critics wrote and it wasn't as good as the fan boys wrote. As a fan of the lore i found the story to be fucking awful. The fan service was top notch. So many things that made me happy. Take him to Goldshire! When they flew into Stormwind with the double arch of the flight master. So good! All the places and names were on point. The way they went with the story however i did not really like that. It always struck me as quite pretentious to go with a movie-verse bollocks. They had a solid story and should have just told that.

Visually the Orc cgi was brilliant i can even forgive them they stupidly big hands. Some of the scenery cgi was a bit ropy imho. Overall it was very good. I read a few people on these forums saying the spell casting was the best ever and they had never seen anything like it. I was expecting fire balls and arcane missiles and what not. It was fine i guess but a bit of lightning and glowing glyphs was hardly ground breaking.

I would give it a 6/10 in the end. Thanks to China they will no doubt make another one. They really fell short with the story telling and character development. It felt like they were rushing the story. In true Blizzard fashion we will have to wait from patch Movie.1 to get all the content they cut. 40 mins i think i read?