Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Offense would have to be: Reinhardt, Roadhog, S76, Tracer/Genji, Lucio, Pharah.

For Defense: Reinhardt, Mei, Junkrat, Lucio, Tracer/Genji, WM/Hanzo.

I enjoy Roadhog alot more then i should, with 70+ hook accuracy, its super fun to be that annoying slab of bacon. I tend to play him as a flanker/pressure then a tank, as he folds hard. As a flanker he can disrupt hard on some good duck and dive maps like kings row and hanamura post objective A, and ilios hes just fun as hell to play, though problematic on ruins as its kind of open. Phara is also a go to i do when they like to bunker using peakaboo missles and splash dmg to hurt those who are in hardened positions.

Road hog works best when you have a reign hard and a 76 to have a good hard pressure point so he can flank and yank. I so enjoy on temple pulling reins out of shield from the sides there.

Pre McCree nerf

Defense:
    Reinhardt
    Mercy
    McCreex2 (or 1 Junkrat)
    Lucio
    WM

Offense:
    Reinhardt
    Mercy
    Lucio
    McCree
    Genji
    WM

Post McCree nerf

Defense:
    Reinhardt
    Mercy
    Lucio (or Symmetra)
    Junkrat
    WM
    McCree

Offense:
    Junkrat
    Mercy (mostly for res)
    Genjix2
    WM
    Reinhardt

Throw in a scientist whenever you need to contest a point or remove a superior WM

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how optimal it is, but I really like this one:

Zenyatta
    Lucio
    Reinhardt or Winston
    Zarya, D.Va or Roadhog
    Widowmaker or Hanzo

+ Whichever DPS you want (McCree/Genji/Tracer/76)

Works really great on most maps, but especially on offence while taking points since you can use Lucio + Zenyatta ultis back-to-back to stay pretty much unkillable for quite a while.

And while you have two healers, they both do some damage (Zeny actually does really good damage if you're good at him). Lucio gives the AoE heals while Zenyatta has the targeted heals covered.

One main-tank (Winston or Reinhardt) with one off-tank that does decent damage (Zarya does incredible damage if you're good at juggling her shields).

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends a lot on the map, but in general:

Defense
    Reinhardt
    Lucio
    Junkrat
    Symmetra
    Widowmaker
    McCree

Offense
    Reinhardt
    Zarya/Winston/Roadhog
    Lucio
    Mercy
    Phara
    Genji

10+ Year Old Account
    Mercy, Reinhardt, Pharah, Lucio, Tracer, Widowmaker
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    hellu

I was wondering what you guys feel is the best setup for any situation?

Mine is 1 sniper, 2 tanks, 2 offence and 1 support.

Sniper is widow, hanzo is just too weak compared to her (good vs good)
    tanks are 1 reinhardt and 1 random one , I prefer roadhog for def and d.va for att but all tanks are pretty good.
    offence at least 1 genji and 1 random, I prefer reaper for att and mccree for def.
    support - mercy for def and lucio for att

Thats my optimal team at least and I'm fairly sure everybody has their own preference and reasoning for it
    It certainly depends on the map of course, but I'm finding Widowmaker to be less than great on attack games. You can help push by clearing a path, but in a lot of cases, I simply have to get too close to make a difference and when you're close, you're dead. I think on Anubis it's good for sure, but I'm trying to stick with one hero at a time to practice and it's hard when half the games are attack games and I don't feel super useful as WM.

I haven't played enough to know what my optimal group is. Clearly having a mix of offense, tanking, and support is important, but I don't even know all the heroes names lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    It certainly depends on the map of course, but I'm finding Widowmaker to be less than great on attack games. You can help push by clearing a path, but in a lot of cases, I simply have to get too close to make a difference and when you're close, you're dead. I think on Anubis it's good for sure, but I'm trying to stick with one hero at a time to practice and it's hard when half the games are attack games and I don't feel super useful as WM.

I haven't played enough to know what my optimal group is. Clearly having a mix of offense, tanking, and support is important, but I don't even know all the heroes names lol.
    Most people will camp as a widow, but that will only satisfy a high KPD nothing else. I play aggressive, you will see me near payload, ahead of the group sniping incomings, my main goal is to kill supports and other snipers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five Torbjorns for maximum trolling
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as an optimal setup for any situation. What's best depends on the map (and it can change based on what part of the map you are currently pushing/defending) and what your opposing team is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    There is no such thing as an optimal setup for any situation. What's best depends on the map (and it can change based on what part of the map you are currently pushing/defending) and what your opposing team is playing.
    Currently, you can pretty much switch chars everytime you want, so if both teams would repick to counter the enemies you'd be switching out chars everytime you die. So you're better of playing something you know how to play.

In ranked when it comes, most likely this will matter more, where you won't be able to stack classes, you will see what the enemy team picked and there will be a certain amount of bans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played several games with 5 or 6 torbjorns on capture Defense. Won every game.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

There isn't one. Comp should be an evolving and situational thing, and it also depends on what the players on your team are good at.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently, you can pretty much switch chars everytime you want, so if both teams would repick to counter the enemies you'd be switching out chars everytime you die. So you're better of playing something you know how to play.

In ranked when it comes, most likely this will matter more, where you won't be able to stack classes, you will see what the enemy team picked and there will be a certain amount of bans.
    I haven't heard anything about bans. Do you mean tournament specific rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    There is no ideal for me ... some maps favor different set up. For example, I don't really like tanks on defense against a payload .. I prefer defense characters. Each map feels there is no ideal standard make up for.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Soldier 76
    Soldier 76
    Soldier 76
    Soldier 76
    Soldier 76
    Soldier 76

We're all soldiers now!

Most people will camp as a widow, but that will only satisfy a high KPD nothing else. I play aggressive, you will see me near payload, ahead of the group sniping incomings, my main goal is to kill supports and other snipers.
    I try to play aggressive too, but I always tend to get killed like that. One thing I've learned is you have to keep moving around. If you camp for more than a minute or two, some tracer or another sniper will get annoyed and come get you. I think I'm typically more successful if I find a spot where I have a narrow field of view and can just pop people as they show up, like pointing at an entryway or a staircase that people use a lot.

Aggressive as WM is interesting though; as a sniper, it seems like thematically you would want to camp out somewhere high, but with the bullet trails, you give yourself away, not to mention the kill cam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    6 Torbjorns.
    My man.

/10 char

Depends on map.

Payload offense I always like having atleast Mercy/Lucio/Reinhardt/some form of control for Widowmaker/good offense.

I've posted earlier I love 2x Winston/2x Lucio/2x Tracer/McCree or one of each on koth.

Control I'm not sure, Zarya and heroes with strong ultimates are good for attacking because you an snowball a win really quickly if you catch point A with ults up.

Also I've never heard anything about bans, current unofficial tournaments are messing with rules to see what they like so things like one hero limit pop up, this wasn't a thing in the beta when they tested ranked.

Certain maps are basically always banned in those tournaments too (Control, Illios, etc) but I think those are in ranked too but I could see a veto-system for maps happen, but it's unlikely.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2016-06-14 at 01:50 PM.