Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Theirs a simple enough solution that doesn't involve gimping lfr.lopt for everyone. If thr rest of the game doesn't reward well enough make it reward well enough. Put tier back on a vendor available for purchase with valor.
    How would that even work....

LFR has grown to the point you can get max ilv items from it be admittedly rare. LFR has finally become all consuming how do you make ither content more rewarding?
    @kinneer
    Which is what? I apparently have this inability to understand the problem you are referring to so can you explain what this is problem is. And why people raiding normal, heroic and mythic getting even better gear is not a problem.
    It isn't that lfr competes with raids it is that lfr destroys casual gameplay utterly. Vanilla and tbc should be the gol when it comes to casual players. Massive amounts of content with a well drawn out rich progression path. This que into something you can't lose to instantly get rewards stronger then everything but raiding and high level mythic+ is a really shitty end game.
    Last edited by Lucky Fable; 2016-06-09 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Fable View Post
    Theirs a vendor. Who sells normal or even heroic ilvl tier, trinkets and weapons for purchase with a currency you can acquire in pve activities (raiding, dungeons, world quests, scenarios etc etc).

Failure, basically blizzard bending the knee to the minority of casuals that cried because they didn't raid. It started us down the line of now having 4 different modes for a raid, leading to massive Ilvl inflation

Theirs a vendor. Who sells normal or even heroic ilvl tier, trinkets and weapons for purchase with a currency you can acquire in pve activities (raiding, dungeons, world quests, scenarios etc etc).
    You crave what cheapens and shortens content designed for you... I can't claim I understand why.

When was this obsession born to have bis from what would be considered the first rung of progression? Did the sunwell patch really set us down this road till we got to this point? A player asking why he can't skip to the end of the game because he farms content that is designed in such a way he can't really lose it?

How did we fall so far?

You crave what cheapens and shortens content designed for you... I can't claim I understand why.

When was this obsession born to have bis from what would be considered the first rung of progression? Did the sunwell patch really set us down this road till we got to this point? A player asking why he can't skip to the end of the game because he farms content that is designed in such a way he can't really lose it?

How did we fall so far?
    No one has ever said they wanted BiS from the first rung of progression.

You do remember you said
    LFR has grown to the point you can get max ilv items from it be admittedly rare.
    . Notice the bolded part, If someone wants to run LFR for the next 2 years and have a shot at BiS be my guest. Good chance it would be faster to just progress into NM+ raiding but if they want to stay in LFR and do it for the 1% chance it happens then more power to them (and me).

Legion is allowing you to pick your poison and be happy with it. People should NOT be funneled into content they don't want to do. Don't want to do LFR then fine don't. You can get better doing many other things.

Want to just do 5mans and avoid raiding then fine as well since it can reward gear just as good.

Nothing has fallen, The game changed because people want to play a game not have the game play them.

Also blizzard likes money....who knew.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

How did we fall so far?
    Well eventually when you get down from that high horse you could probably figure it out. People want a reason to keep playing, to invest time in the game. They want to feel as if the time invested actually resulted in a measurable increase in their character power. That's how the game is designed from lvl 1 on.

Well eventually when you get down from that high horse you could probably figure it out. People want a reason to keep playing, to invest time in the game. They want to feel as if the time invested actually resulted in a measurable increase in their character power. That's how the game is designed from lvl 1 on.
    It used to be in vanilla and tbc. That game was replaced with loot pinatas and rng bullshit.

It used to be in vanilla and tbc. That game was replaced with loot pinatas and rng bullshit.
    Its almost like games change over time....

Maybe this isn't the MMO for you? Go check out Everquest Project 1998 (Seriously it mite fit ur needs).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Failure, basically blizzard bending the knee to the minority of casuals that cried because they didn't raid. It started us down the line of now having 4 different modes for a raid, leading to massive Ilvl inflation
    Personally, I think it is the other way round. They are bending to cries of the raiders. Rather than taking a step from raiding and looking at what alternative contents they could or should focus on for the non-raiders, they decided to turn all players to be raiders.

I am pretty confident that making new alternative contents would be more harder than adjusting raids with lower difficulties. Because if they did make alternative content, then they probably need to reduce the number of raids they make because they will need to allocate resources to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I do think some people consider that. Even a lot. But I think of those people only a small percentage of them are truly fanatical about it. Granted a lot of them likely spend a lot of time on forums like these looking for target rich environment. I mean do I feel pride in raiding? Yes, I really enjoy it and so does my crew. Do I use it to measure skill and achievement in game? Yes, if it didn't take skill and earn achievement everyone would and could do it and then it really wouldn't have much tied to it. But do I really care if in the game there is an easier mode for other people to take part in? Not really. Really not at all. In fact I see it as a good thing. My sister and brother will never raid mythic with me. They don't have the time, skill, or desire to do so. But the ability for them to join up for an LFR and try a normal raid out has kept them in the game. Lets me spend time with them because they live in different points across the country. Them being rewarded with raid gear of the raid level they are completing is not a big deal. It doesn't really change what I am doing in the slightest. Sure may I end up running an LFR or two more now? Yeah, but big deal. Am I really out to destroy a million peoples good time so I don't have to spend 10 hours of a whole expansion in LFR? Naw.. not to cool.
    You are the kind of Mythic raider I could get behind. I love LFR for the same reasons. It gives me something to do with people I like that aren't as skilled as I am. Well done, sir. Well done.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla & TBC's progression path was garbage compared to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    You are the kind of Mythic raider I could get behind. I love LFR for the same reasons. It gives me something to do with people I like that aren't as skilled as I am. Well done, sir. Well done.

- - - Updated - - -

Either trolling or simply utterly ignorant of what you are talking about if you think the current progression path is better now then tbc and vanilla.

Either trolling or simply utterly ignorant of what you are talking about if you think the current progression path is better now then tbc and vanilla.
    Or, since more people get to do more stuff, and it isn't the "elitists" determining who can do what on any given server, it's better now than it was then. Back then, while the raids may have been good, the way you went about getting to those raids was crap.

You're either trolling, or have a extreme set of rose-tinted goggles on if you think the TBC progression system was good.

What.....?

Deleted
    Or, since more people get to do more stuff, and it isn't the "elitists" determining who can do what on any given server, it's better now than it was then. Back then, while the raids may have been good, the way you went about getting to those raids was crap.

You're either trolling, or have a extreme set of rose-tinted goggles on if you think the TBC progression system was good.
    I played TBC with a tiny amount of actual raiding because it's when I started WoW. I still enjoyed PvP and the Dailey's with demons, and the ganking just outside, it was fun. It's not rose tinted glases, it's just the game had a soul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    What.....?
    He's an overly entitled nutter who thinks there should be no challenge in the game. Just ignore him for the sake of your own sanity. Facebook gamers are the bane of the gaming community.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    What.....?
    This system has more people participating in raiding than the previous system with minor changes. I think it could be better than Burning Crusade system.

- - - Updated - - -

LFR has grown to the point you can get max ilv items from it be admittedly rare. LFR has finally become all consuming how do you make ither content more rewarding?
    @kinneer

It isn't that lfr competes with raids it is that lfr destroys casual gameplay utterly. Vanilla and tbc should be the gol when it comes to casual players. Massive amounts of content with a well drawn out rich progression path. This que into something you can't lose to instantly get rewards stronger then everything but raiding and high level mythic+ is a really shitty end game.
    Mythic Dungeons drop better gear than looking for raid. Quartermaster offers epics that are higher item level that looking for raid. Legendary items have a higher item level than looking for raid and are even more powerful. Item level upgrading and artifact weapons will keep players busy as well.

I think they need to add a valor point or badge vendor that rewards gear on par with normal difficulty which gives people a reason to do old that expansions older content.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-06-09 at 07:47 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Better? Not really in my personal opinion. Functional though? Yes, I would have to say so. I would say it serves a different audience than the originals which is why a rift exists. Of course some learned to move on. Others of course did not. At some point in my life I realized that the past is over and moved on into the now while looking into the future and a small part of that was accepting that WoW today isn't what it was then. It won't be that way again either. Also, I am not being demeaning with this because it is a purely personal experience I am relaying and not expecting others to do it or accept it. But I really loved those days. Amazing memories. So many good friends and some insane fun both in and outside of raiding with them. But it is over. So I will never look at them as total garbage.

But because I had those great times, for me anyway, doesn't mean I have to be totally hateful of the current progression path either. At least that is how I look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

How did we fall so far?
    He is just a troll. His argument is basically since he isn't happy the solution is anyone that is has to see their system burn to ash because of this majority that, yes, does exist but undoubtedly doesn't rally under his banner of what boils down to pretty much pure hate of anyone that raids and gets rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    He is just a troll. His argument is basically since he isn't happy the solution is anyone that is has to see their system burn to ash because of this majority that, yes, does exist but undoubtedly doesn't rally under his banner of what boils down to pretty much pure hate of anyone that raids and gets rewarded for it.
    And it comes down to this. Disagree with someone with valid points, and call them a troll to dismiss them.

Would you provide factual evidence of this majority? Or is what you claim, infact true upon yourself?

Last I saw, WotLK declined mid expansion once LFG was implemented. LFR came later, but the game continued to decline. Not only that, WoW failed to maintain a supporting fanbase between expansions thereafter. This majority would be most interesting for you to elaborate upon.

The game changed. People hated it since Blizzard even came in and said more people quit WoW than are currently playing it. That was 2010 when there was 10-12 million players. Say LFG / LFR is a success .. whatever. Vanilla, TBC, & WotLK were successes. Everything else is a hopeful wish to reclaim past glory. The majority quit.

SRC:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Gallery-Update

: "After Cataclysm", 4th bullet.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-06-10 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    And it comes down to this. Disagree with someone with valid points, and call them a troll to dismiss them.

Would you provide factual evidence of this majority? Or is what you claim, infact true upon yourself?

Last I saw, WotLK declined mid expansion once LFG was implemented. LFR came later, but the game continued to decline. Not only that, WoW failed to maintain a supporting fanbase between expansions thereafter. This majority would be most interesting for you to elaborate upon.

The game changed. People hated it since Blizzard even came in and said more people quit WoW than are currently playing it. That was 2010 when there was 10-12 million players. Say LFG / LFR is a success .. whatever. Vanilla, TBC, & WotLK were successes. Everything else is a hopeful wish to reclaim past glory. The majority quit.

SRC:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Gallery-Update

: "After Cataclysm", 4th bullet.
    I call him a troll because he attacks anyone that likes raiding. His only point is that raiding has to be destoryed completely for there to every be any joy in this game. He claims all raiders have egos. Are sociopaths (in this very thread). That all raiders, notice ALL, go out of their way to destroy all other people in the game that do not raid. That he goes out of his way to constantly and repeatedly go after people in a way that only fans flames. I mean "in my bunker leading uprisings" can easily read "posting shit on MMO Champion and loving the fires it starts". He puts forth no comprimise. No discussion. Just "raiders die, raids die, because the world is with me".

Proof that a majority of people don't raid? No, I cannot reach into Blizzard database and provide you with numbers or even how they come up with them. But I think it is fairly obvious that in fact a majority of people do not raid in this game. Even less if you take LFR off the table. If that is what you are debating than.. ok.. if it makes you feel better. Red text is pretty cool too. Is that like a way you make your dick feel bigger or what?

I am trying to see how with what you quoted you came up with how it was debating when the game was declining or going up. Maybe you just wanted to post something and just had to randomly pull a quote from someone to say it. Maybe? Not sure. But let me put it simply so you and put the pieces together.

I was saying:

Most people in this game do not raid.
    Most people in this game that do not raid do not hate everyone that does raid with the passion Glorious Leader does.

If somehow you think I was debating the rise and fall of sub numbers than.. ok.. I am sorry about that. Or that a lot of people didn't like LFG or LFR. Ok.. I don't see how you pulled that but it is obvious that is where you want it to go. Which is cool. Just say it then.

I think it was a success. People aren't locked out to the ending of the expansion's storyline due to factors that are sometimes outside their control.