View Poll Results: Title Question.

Voters
330. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Azshara can carry an entire expansion.

219 66.36%
  • No, Azshara can not carry an entire expansion.

111 33.64%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    She and her naga will join the Horde because thats where all the races go to if they don't belong anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobulous View Post
    On page 310 of the book The Sundering it literally says: Mannoroth discovered, to his chagrin, that Azshara was far more powerful than him, and that only Archimonde, Kil'jaeden and Sargeras could have matched her.

It says their power could match hers, so she is definitely at least on the on the level of Archimonde, perhaps even Kil'jaeden or Sargeras himself.
    She's not on the same level as Sargeras, so you can toss that idea out-of-the-window.

lol some people either don't know the English well or they never read the book.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    lol some people either don't know the English well or they never read the book.
    Are you delusional? It stand on page fucking 310
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Good Lord if you dont know the quote or havnt read the book ,DONT FUCKIN QUOTE IT !!!!!

Archimonde and Kiljaedan are SUPERIOR to her.How superior ? Consider this.Archimonde ignored her when he saw her.Thats how insignificant she was to him.And match Sargeras ?! The guy who single handedly defeated the entire Titan Pantheon, who cleaves planets in half for a living ?! Its beyond retarded.

She can because not all the weight of carrying the xpac needs to be on her. MoP worked out great without any mascot villian.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Are you delusional? It stand on page fucking 310
    yes and it says that Archimonde and Sargeras are superior to her. don't know from where people are getting this "she was equal to Archimonde during WotA".
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-06-09 at 07:21 PM.

im pretty sure the book said "only the power of master sargeras could match hers
    Go read it again. The book said that "only Archimonde and Sargeras would prove superior".

I don't think so, she could be a higher up for some other titular villain though.

Blizzard revamped Nagas for Legion, do you think they would made such effort for just one Zone in one Expansion?
    Nah!

Something will happen with N'Zoth, one way or another He or Azshara will trick us and we will cause his freedom.
    N'Zoth can corrupt spiritual planes, he did change the Emerald Dream into the Emerald Nightmare.
    As far as we know, the Emerald Dream was an Azeroth backup in case if things turned wrong with the Old Gods or a Demonic invasion.
    If something happened, Algalon would pass the Reset information to Titans or the Titan watchers, and they'll use the Uldum Big Red Button.
    It would kill everything on Azeroth Surface and use the Emerald Dream to restore the life.
    But what if the datas were corrupted? It will restore a totally corrupted Azeroth instead of a clean Azeroth.

N'Zoth changed the Emerald Dream, we don't know if it'll be saved in Legion, I don't really think so, maybe contained but not cured.

There's another spiritual plane, the ShadowLands, held by Hellya. Legion introduces us to that plane and her character.

What if N"Zoth needed a boost to corrupt the World Soul, what if he needed tormented dead souls to build a powerful Nightmare and set Azeroth completly mad and twisted?

What if N'Zoth, once freed, needed Azshara and her minions, or other corrupted living, to kill a lot of beings or to bring them to him, in Ny'alotha, and absorb their souls to empower itself?

What if N'Zoth asked Azshara to build a large city around his prison, and he used the Emerald Nightmare to forge is Ny'alotha with it?
    What if Azshara rose up that city of Nightmares from the depth of Ocean?
    The first victims would be the civilizations leaving around that new Island.
    The South Sea's islands...
    Kul Tiras may have moved there (after Cataclysm), there are the Bloodsail Buccaneers based on the Plunder Isle. Their leader was Kul Tiras leader's rival and made his own crew. They fought Nagas, but what if they lost and been changed by N'Zoth? They'd be a threat for Kul Tiras and Booty Bay. Stormwind could not help because Vash'Jr Nagas would take all their attention.
    There is also the Azotha, the first descendant of Vrykuls, strong and barbaric human clans and there is track of them in Stranglethorn Vale. As their ancestors, they knew how to sail. What if, once they reached the south coast of Eastern Kingdom, they sailed to the West and reached a large island? Where they fought Nagas since they settled there?
    We still have the Vol'Jin plot, who may tried to join the Loas but got aware of the Old God threat. He maybe went to gather the Zandalari (the greatest Sailors among the Troll Tribes) that went East when the Cataclysm drown their island? We know that not every Zandalari were agree to resurect the Thunder King, so they may took another path when they left the Island.

In that scenario, we'll have an important use of these civilization because of their location, their knowledge of the sailing, and to build Hold and Harbour to attack Ny'alotha. And to stop N'Zoth to gather souls.
    If we let them die, N'Zoth will be unstoppable and he'll succeed in Azeroth's corruption.

First : secure the race of the many threatened islands (Leveling)
    Second : - End the major threats on Kul'Tiras (Raid on Plunder Island, 7 bosses) and the Vash'Jr attacks (Raid on Vash'jr 10 bosses, you know that one that should be released with Cataclysm)
    Third : Once we opened the path for Booty Bay and Stormwind's Help, full throttle on Ny'alotha (New HL Zone) and Raid (Tower of Sacrifice 13 bosses).

But that's just my theory

Yes, I think she could.

People forget that we've not had a single expac to date where the expansions main antag carried the entire thing. WotLK was 50% scourge at best. The arc of that expansion's story gave us Titan lore, Old Gods, trolls, Vrykul, Dragonflight lore, the Nexus war, Primordial Azeroth lore, the argent tournament, class lore for DKs, Paladins, mages, Druids.

So following a Wrath model, you can make Azshara the "Lich King" of the expansion but go into all forms of enemies. Naga, Pirates, Zandalari, Old Gods, Twilight's Hammer again, Murlocs and Makrura, Pygmies. Then for racial lore you could introduce Kul'Tiras for some human lore, Goblin lore, Troll lore, Pandaren lore, tons of lore for the two Elves. She should and could be the focus of an entire expansion.

^ above poster, N'zoth and Azshara could both carry their own expansions.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-06-09 at 07:45 PM.

She could as much as Deathwing carried an entire expansion, but I doubt she will actually get that opportunity. Whatever expansion features Azshara will most likely also feature N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Yes, I think she could.

People forget that we've not had a single expac to date where the expansions main antag carried the entire thing. WotLK was 50% scourge at best. The arc of that expansion's story gave us Titan lore, Old Gods, trolls, Vrykul, Dragonflight lore, the Nexus war, Primordial Azeroth lore, the argent tournament, class lore for DKs, Paladins, mages, Druids.

So following a Wrath model, you can make Azshara the "Lich King" of the expansion but go into all forms of enemies. Naga, Pirates, Zandalari, Old Gods, Twilight's Hammer again, Murlocs and Makrura, Pygmies. Then for racial lore you could introduce Kul'Tiras for some human lore, Goblin lore, Troll lore, Pandaren lore, tons of lore for the two Elves. She should and could be the focus of an entire expansion.

^ above poster, N'zoth and Azshara could both carry their own expansions.
    I agree with most of this, except I don't see N'zoth and Azshara showing up in different expansions. It could happen but I think it's most likely they'll both be in the same one, with one as final boss and the other as the first or a mid raid tier final boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Azshara is also buffed by Old Gods, has a huge army in plus, super magics, plus the staff of Neptulon. She could easily carry an expansion on her own.

Maybe having N'zoth as a secondary boss in raid, something like Yogg was for Wrath.
    Azshara is buffed by the Old God, N'zoth. It's not like MoP where Garrosh just buffed himself up with Old God power and the remaining fragment of that Old God (Sha of Pride) was a secondary boss. N'zoth is a full powered Old God who granted Azshara some of its power. If both appear, then N'zoth is the end boss and Azshara is secondary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    She was at least as strong as Archimonde in WotA
    Nope, Mannoroth simply realized that Azshara could have turned him into her bitch and that only Sargeras and Archimonde within the Legion's ranks could have overpowered her (surely Kil'jaeden too, but there was no reason or point to mention him in the trilogy).

And this was before she lost, like the rest of the Highborne, the Well of Eternity as source of power, source from which they were utterly dependant, Azshara was no different. Without the Well, she's just a uniquely gifted mage, not differently from how Malfurion is an uniquely gifted druid.

All Azshara did during Cataclysm is being a distraction for Malfurion in order to support the Twilight's Hammer efforts on Mount Hyjal. If she's so powerful as some people claim her to be, she should have took down Malfurion without titanic efforts. Instead, she didn't even feel it was convenient to fight him at all since her purpose was "achieved". She's definitely not as almighty as some people believe her to be, surely not in her current state.

I'm not convinced Azshara could be a convincing final boss for a whole expansion, at least not for as she stands right now. On the other hand, N'Zoth is just worse when it comes to development so I guess Azshara could top the Old God up in terms of mere lore relevance if she gets something to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Azshara is buffed by the Old God, N'zoth. It's not like MoP where Garrosh just buffed himself up with Old God power and the remaining fragment of that Old God (Sha of Pride) was a secondary boss. N'zoth is a full powered Old God who granted Azshara some of its power. If both appear, then N'zoth is the end boss and Azshara is secondary.
    Yogg Saron was also buffing all the undead creations of the Lich King through saronite. Even ICC was mostly built of Saronite, that's how much his influence had spread. I didn't see him become the end-boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be fair, "stronger that mannaroth" doesn't really mean much. I mean this guy just....dies. Like alot. Mostly to a single orc.
    I now want a bunch of murlocs killing Mannaroth, now that would be something.

Yogg Saron was also buffing all the undead creations of the Lich King through saronite. Even ICC was mostly built of Saronite, that's how much his influence had spread. I didn't see him become the end-boss.

- - - Updated - - -

I now want a bunch of murlocs killing Mannaroth, now that would be something.
    Yes they used saronite but where was it stated Yogg was buffing them through it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I don't remember that part, I thought he tried to crush her but was stopped by her barrier or something? I could be remembering wrong though.
    Wasn't the barrier on Tyrande, from Elune? When they tried to kill/torture her? And Elune just activated the barrier and Vashj tried to trick Tyrande to lower the barrier since they couldn't break it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Nope, Mannoroth simply realized that Azshara could have turned him into her bitch and that only Sargeras and Archimonde within the Legion's ranks could have overpowered her (surely Kil'jaeden too, but there was no reason or point to mention him in the trilogy).

And this was before she lost, like the rest of the Highborne, the Well of Eternity as source of power, source from which they were utterly dependant, Azshara was no different. Without the Well, she's just a uniquely gifted mage, not differently from how Malfurion is an uniquely gifted druid.

All Azshara did during Cataclysm is being a distraction for Malfurion in order to support the Twilight's Hammer efforts on Mount Hyjal. If she's so powerful as some people claim her to be, she should have took down Malfurion without titanic efforts. Instead, she didn't even feel it was convenient to fight him at all since her purpose was "achieved". She's definitely not as almighty as some people believe her to be, surely not in her current state.

I'm not convinced Azshara could be a convincing final boss for a whole expansion, at least not for as she stands right now. On the other hand, N'Zoth is just worse when it comes to development so I guess Azshara could top the Old God up in terms of mere lore relevance if she gets something to do.
    Well to be fair Azshara isn't the type who likes getting her own hands dirty, such as in her fight in the caverns of time instance where she doesn't attack us directly despite being more powerful than the player characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't the barrier on Tyrande, from Elune? When they tried to kill/torture her? And Elune just activated the barrier and Vashj tried to trick Tyrande to lower the barrier since they couldn't break it?
    No I'm thinking of Mannoroth trying to attack Azshara and being unable to, though I could be remembering the scene wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    You say deaf ears, but still you read the post and replied to it. I don't think you fully understand the concept of "deaf ears".
    Being triggered cures deafness.