Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    What in the world are you talking about? You seem REALLY triggered by me mentioning Trump's true colors, and have leapt up into some bizarre alternate universe.

And yes, if a woman has a directive not to have someone touch her in case of life-threatening emergency, then nobody should touch her. It's called an advanced directive, and they're pretty legally binding. Why do you want to take her rights away from her?

Your comparison doesn't even make sense anyway.
    Wait, so you are saying that a woman needs a directive in order to be not touched by a man. You think a woman should be made to go to court and get a legal document first before she is protected against rape?? So your saying unless a woman has gone to a court and got a legal document saying she doesn't want to be raped its ok to rape her? That is disgusting, what the fuck is wrong with you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    @ Felya --

As I said, it could very well be headed that way, but there is still much internecine fighting among the GOP. If anything, the most likely scenario IF Trump makes it to the "election" is GOP voter disenfranchisement will be employed to stop Clinton - since she's not "their" right-wing plutocrat/oligarch (bought by the oil companies, etc.) but is the property of the other right-wing plutocrats/oligarchs...the bankers and Wall St.
    It does mean he is establishment and he will be voted for as the establishment. In fact:

No one seems to remember apparatchiks such as Karl Rove, who is still on the scene yet staying fairly low-key this time. The Dems have their own equally capable and vicious henchmen.
    People do remember. In fact, he talked shit about Trump, to then tell his super pack they need to support him:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...d-trump-221926

Karl Rove is a campaign strategist and the strategy with Trump seems to be to dog him in public to sustain an image of 'anti-establishment' to then support him through super pacs. The same way Trump is anti-banks, while having billions in those banks and a campaign finance manager who was a partner at those banks.

The Trump strategy is to appear anti-establishment. Which seems to be working, because neither his staff, his wealth, his donations, his history, his friendship with Clintons... seems to convince people otherwise.

It's a lot like that McCain attack Rove orchestrated in 2000 primaries. He knew that McCain adopted a daughter, but still sent out panflits to registered republicans, with a picture of McCains family, including the daughter who is blatantly obvious is not his by birth, while asking if you would vote for McCain if he had a daughter out of wedlock. Same thing as swift boating... Trump being the establishment, while Rove like machinism convinces the public he isn't, is par for the course.

The U.S. public now has the historical memory and attention span of a house fly, and equally as much gumption and intelligence to fix this. Thus, they'll get what they deserve.
    You mean, you will get what you deserve? I'm just assuming you are part of US public.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I can think of worse things than a racist becoming president...

I would take a racist with good policy over a non-racist with bad policy. In the end it matters how they run the country.
    Trump has revealed very little of his policy. Where the stuff he has revealed, such as cutting taxes on corporations and the top percentile, as well as Harritage backed HSA healthcare, has been in line with Republican establishment. Don't for a second pretend supporting Trump has anything to do with policy...
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-06-09 at 07:55 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You can say that about anyone. His billions are not stashed under his mattress... He wasn't weary of banks leading up to the housing bubble burst, but started his own mortgage company in 2007. He isn't weary enouph of banks, to avoid hiring a former Goldman Sachs partner to manage his campaign finances.

By the way, a circle jerk involves several people. What you mean to say is jacking off... Get your insults right...
    Circle jerk was correct. You are saying exactly the same thing as all the other anti-trump/anti-american people on here. Let me guess, you probably have said stuff like he wont win because of his unfavorable ratings, pointing out polls 6 months before the election is due to be held, when he hasn't even tried to sway anyone apart from republicans in the next primary he is taking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    Circle jerk was correct. You are saying exactly the same thing as all the other anti-trump/anti-american people on here. Let me guess, you probably have said stuff like he wont win because of his unfavorable ratings, pointing out polls 6 months before the election is due to be held, when he hasn't even tried to sway anyone apart from republicans in the next primary he is taking.
    Nope, I have not laid out my predictions. Seems like you are insulting not based on what I am saying, but based on what you have been trained to assume people will say. It's why I don't need to insult you... I just need you to talk as much as possible...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so you are saying that a woman needs a directive in order to be not touched by a man. You think a woman should be made to go to court and get a legal document first before she is protected against rape?? So your saying unless a woman has gone to a court and got a legal document saying she doesn't want to be raped its ok to rape her? That is disgusting, what the fuck is wrong with you
    The leaps in logic here are ASTOUNDING. There's nothing to say to you.

I would take a racist with good policy over a non-racist with bad policy. In the end it matters how they run the country.
    I have little faith in the ability of a racist to craft good policy. I'm not seeing anything that challenges that idea either, since Trump's policies are boatloads of shit. See his tax policy, healthcare policy and the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Being racist is automatically BAD policy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Why? As long as they don't act on it, what is it to you?

It seems in 2016, there is nothing (and I do mean NOTHING) more evil than the idea of being racciiisssttt or a bigoooot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just that. With Trump, be it that you like his balls or you agree with him, his policy isn't why people are voting for him.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems in 2016, there is nothing (and I do mean NOTHING) more evil than the idea of being racciiisssttt or a bigoooot.
    Because not acting on it, means you wouldn't know about it. He is already acting on it and his biggest calling card, is directly associated with it. It's why the idiotic wall plan, which is as stupid as saying 'build the wall that will stop wire transfers, or I will stop wire transfers', is far more inferior in both cost and effect to targeting employment, yet he pushes for it. If he wasn't racist, there might be an actual plan that can work... Like targeting employment...

Remember, establishing a database and surveillance of Muslims sounds good on paper. Until you realize that it's setting a precedent for government reach for those like you. Targeting Muslims, does mean you are giving government the right to do it to anyone. It's a freedom you are giving up, because he is racist.
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-06-09 at 08:16 PM.

Wow. I've seen Republicans able to rationalize pretty much anything but that is epic history repeating levels of rationalization.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I've seen Republicans able to rationalize pretty much anything but that is epic history repeating levels of rationalization.
    You are not answering the question. As long as they don't act on it, who cares?

It probably would horrify you how many people are probably privately racist that you don't realize. It's human nature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just want to be clear here. Are you saying being anti-trump is being anti-american?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account

It probably would horrify you how many people are probably privately racist that you don't realize. It's human nature.
    You are ignoring that not acting on it, would mean there is no way to know. Your question is self contradicting. You are ignoring that his idiotic wall, expanding government's surveillance of it's citizens, denying citizens the right to leave the country are already policy he is proposing due to his racism.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are ignoring that not acting on it, would mean there is no way to know. Your question is self contradicting. You are ignoring that his idiotic wall, expanding government's surveillance of it's citizens, denying citizens the right to leave the country are already policy he is proposing due to his racism.
    Not talking about Trump, specifically. Just racists in general. If they don't actively go out and harass people they have beef with, than who cares what they say privately amongst themselves?

It horrifies me that people are willing to look the other way and vote someone who ISN'T privately racist into the most powerful position in the world all because there's an "R" next to their name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not talking about Trump, specifically. Just racists in general. If they don't actively go out and harass people they have beef with, than who cares what they say privately amongst themselves?
    How do you know they are racist? The premis for your question is flawed. A racist person who does not act on it, is not a person you would know is racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    How do you know they are racist? The premis for your question is flawed. A racist person who does not act on it, is not a person you would know is racist.
    Maybe you know them and they make plenty of racist jokes or comments, but they never once are directly rude / disrespectful to that group.

- - - Updated - - -

It horrifies me that people are willing to look the other way and vote someone who ISN'T privately racist into the most powerful position in the world all because there's an "R" next to their name.
    Mainly because I don't put "Are they a racist or not" high up on my priority list when I decide if I like them or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know everyone always talks numbers but forgets this one important fact. When is the last time a democrat has followed another democrat? One that did not have their vice president take up to being president because their President died? James Buchanan. 1857. That was 159 years ago.

It has been so long no one living has even seen a democrat follow another democrat. Maybe this is because many democrat presidents end up dying, or maybe because after a democrat having the presidency much harder for another democrat to be elected. I think there is a reason only 3 democrats ended up running for office, not because of Hillary, but because it has not happened in 159 years.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Just want to be clear here. Are you saying being anti-trump is being anti-american?
    Being anti-trump is being anti-america correct

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I doubt any person on this planet knows with 100% certainty who is going to win... We are not oracles here.
    There is somebody. His name is Nate Silver. He correctly predicted 49 of 50 state outcomes in 2008, and 50 of 50 in 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Silver