Page 84 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dont confuse your love of warcraft with a technically unsound film. Just like with BvS having a modicum of fun, getting several lore nods and all the symbolism in the world doesn't make up for lack of basic movie making skills and storytelling. Movie studios are banking on franchise loyalty to outweigh any sort of competency, effort, and risk taking that should be in the film.

That being said The Domestic realease date is the only legitimate time to argue/discuss this everything else is hyperbole.

The raw data from Rotten tomatoes is harsh because people are watching these films objectively, not as fans but as regular people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Dont confuse your love of warcraft with a technically unsound film. Just like with BvS having a modicum of fun, getting several lore nods and all the symbolism in the world doesn't make up for lack of basic movie making skills and storytelling. Movie studios are banking on franchise loyalty to outweigh any sort of competency, effort, and risk taking that should be in the film.

That being said The Domestic realease date is the only legitimate time to argue/discuss this everything else is hyperbole.

The raw data from Rotten tomatoes is harsh because people are watching these films objectively, not as fans but as regular people.
    Anyone watching this movie objectively will never give a 1-3/10 score... People giving those scores do it because they have a hate agenda towards movies about "game" adaptations.

I have seen it twice now, so my opinion is legitimate.

Oh and btw technically it is a VERY sound film.

You will be surprised too and fully understand my words when viewing it. At first you will be angry at these dudes posting obvious hate troll scores, but after a while you will only laugh at these guys.

Greetings from Belgium.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-06-09 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Keep in mind that a negative in RT is any rating below 6/10. So if RT has Warcraft at, say, 25%, that means that only 25% rated it 6/10 or better. What it DOES NOT TELL YOU is whether those critics who rated the movie under 6/10 rated it 1, 2, 5 or 5.5. All of those would simply get lumped under the negative score.

I've not seen the movie so I can't have an opinion on it. I'd strongly suspect that most people who are open to a fantasy adventure movie with roots in a game in the first place will rate it somewhere between 3 and 7 out of ten. A few fans will likely rate it much higher and some haters who simply see 'video game movie' will be in the 1-2 camp.

The only real question is 'Is the movie worth a couple hours and $10 or so? If you walk out feeling cheated, no. If you mostly had fun, yes. If you expected a Best Picture contender, you need therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Giving it 0 to 2 out of 10 probably is unfair but giving it 9.5/10 and expect to be taken seriously is equally laughable. That would make it a near perfect film and the highest rated ever.

The fact you upped your score after watching it in 3D and talk of "Spectacular graphics" as your opening justification tells me I can safely ignore your opinion when it comes to films.

Well it is already the best selling movie in China ever, so they have seen it, as I did...

I wonder how in the world you question my personal perception while you haven't even seen it btw ?

Wait until you will see the Dark side of this Fantasy movie. This is not "the hero wins and lives happely ever after" movie at all. You won't fall asleep either. Just be sure about that.

You know ... at the moment the US critics stand alone in the world with their views.

Europe and China have had very successful launches, and I am convinced the US will follow soon.

We Europeans are much more conservative towards these kinds of Fantasy films, but the average reaction of theater visitors is very positive.

Make your own conclusions. Warcraft 2 is a certainty already with present day reactions in the rest of the world.
    ---

So my 9.5 stands as Warcraft is a great movie about a subject I like. Simple. Better than SW7, and I fell asleep in Avatar. You won't have that problem when viewing Duncan Jones' Warcraft. Rest assured !
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-06-09 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    when you come across your first guilty by association you might understand i guess. until then...

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The only real question is 'Is the movie worth a couple hours and $10 or so? If you walk out feeling cheated, no. If you mostly had fun, yes. If you expected a Best Picture contender, you need therapy.
    It's definitely no Battlefield Earth, and I had the misfortune of actually seeing that one in the theatres...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It's definitely no Battlefield Earth, and I had the misfortune of actually seeing that one in the theatres...
    I question if the critics saw Battlefield Earth in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just seen it, and Idgaf about ratings. I've my head not just that it doesn't rain into my neck. I make my own decisions and opinions.
    With that said:
    It's been a good movie. Decent story telling. Definitely easy for outsiders with no clue about Warcraft/WOW lore knowledge to follow along.
    Great special effects, and in overall it's hands down one of the best fantasy movies there are.
    The only "weakness" is imo also evidence for it's quality. It's too short.
    Definitely gonna watch this flick a few more times, and can't wait for an extended director's cut.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Just returned from the cinema. Movie was good.

I can see where many of the reviewers come from.

From what i gather from the reviews, it's basically a "watch it when it comes out on Blu-Ray" orcs vs humans movie.

Which is probably what I'll wait for. Skip it in theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

I have seen it twice now, so my opinion is legitimate.
    So ignore random peoples opinions but listen to your random opinion? lol...

My random opinion is that is was ok. I would give it a reasonable 6/10. The story was shocking as i know the lore quite well and think they should have just went with the soild story they had. Thanks to China we will hopefully get a better sequel. Orcs cgi was top notch. I assume the human acting was so bad due to green screen overload. The same as the shocking Star Wars prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    I can see where many of the reviewers come from.

From what i gather from the reviews, it's basically a "watch it when it comes out on Blu-Ray" orcs vs humans movie.

Which is probably what I'll wait for. Skip it in theaters.
    Lame troll is so lame

I think a lot of people look back on Warcraft 1 with rose tinted glasses. During the first game the story was pretty "meh", it only got better as a lot of authors and games worked on it. I think they are working on improving it on the movies.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Well it is already the best selling movie in China ever, so they have seen it, as I did...

I wonder how in the world you question my personal perception while you haven't even seen it btw ?

Wait until you will see the Dark side of this Fantasy movie. This is not "the hero wins and lives happely ever after" movie at all. You won't fall asleep either. Just be sure about that.

You know ... at the moment the US critics stand alone in the world with their views.

Europe and China have had very successful launches, and I am convinced the US will follow soon.

We Europeans are much more conservative towards these kinds of Fantasy films, but the average reaction of theater visitors is very positive.

Make your own conclusions. Warcraft 2 is a certainty already with present day reactions in the rest of the world.
    ---

So my 9.5 stands as Warcraft is a great movie about a subject I like. Simple. Better than SW7, and I fell asleep in Avatar. You won't have that problem when viewing Duncan Jones' Warcraft. Rest assured !
    That would rate it above every classic film ever made. You are simply not being realistic and are effectively guilty of the same thing you accuse haters of doing.

People I do know have said its a 6/10, and they have no agenda. Given the "independence day" type dialogue of the trailers that seems about right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im actually looking forward to downloading it.

Wait until you will see the Dark side of this Fantasy movie.
    What dark side? The ending is very good. The Horde took huge losses, and Stormwind is out with minimal damage.

Conjuring 2 got the gtmax and xd rooms in my city. One place has it in imax 3d tho.

Well I've just seen it too.

It's a 6/10 for me.

The first 10-15 minutes are cringe-worthy that's the part viewers / critics cite as having a "plastic" feel, or looking like a mobile game app.
    It picks up as the movie goes on.

There's nothing wrong with the CGI from a technical standpoint, but it lacks artistic vision.
    You can have the best CGI in the world if the art is not believable it doesn't work. Despite all the bulk orcs are "floaty" they look like paper characters with cartoon hands.

Decent acting but still b-list level.
    Story is all over the place, especially for a non-wow player. Too many loose ends, no back story development, no character building, in one word forgettable.
    Editing was a butcher job. I don't know who the editor was but it looks like they left all the good parts out of the movie trying to fit it in however long it ended up being (why? what's the rush?).

Pace is ok but no buildup, movie stays flat and just drops off a the end (not even a decent cliff-hanger).

Vistas and city / building shots are great, only thing I found top notch.

It's definitely not a disaster like Dungeons and Dragons but really it's not much better than Battlefield Earth as fantasy flicks go.
    No one will mention it in the same breath as Avatar or LoTR obviously.

Warcraft is gonna be a trilogy.

The Dark Knight trilogy had a mediocre opening movie as well: Batman Begins.

Then it got gud.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://screenrant.com/worst-original...hope/?view=all

The only way that ‘Star Wars’ could have been interesting was through its visual imagination and special effects. Both are unexceptional. … I kept looking for an ‘edge,’ to peer around the corny, solemn comic-book strophes; he was facing them frontally and full. This picture was made for those (particularly males) who carry a portable shrine within them of their adolescence, a chalice of a Self that was Better Then, before the world’s affairs or — in any complex way — sex intruded.
    Somehow the quotes there remind me of this situation