Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    One class that I'd really like to see is what i call a "Dragon Tamer". Given the relationships that the aspects have with the Old Gods per Cata and the chronicle, I think it could fit.

Essential 4-5 specs, each one based on one of the aspects. This one would thematically work as a third mail wearer as well (which is desperately needed imo)

1) Heals: green aspect; kind of mistweaver with jade statue interplay between you as caster and green dragon as support caster

2) Tank: red aspect: one of three ways to go with it 1) you become a red dragon and self heal a la death knight, 2) you stay non-dragon but take on aspects of the life aspect to keep yourself going, 3) you tank regularly, utilizing a red dragon guardian to occassionally buff you

3) RDPS: blue aspect: caster with pet, with spells focused on a mixture of the magics as opposed to the segmented style of mages

4) MDPS: black aspect: for this one, I think it would be cool for you to not have a pet, but rather become one of the melee hitting black dragon peeps

5) (potentially) heals/support: bronze aspect: some kind of something involving aspect of time, absorbs, restores, etc--if not a fifth spec, then maybe a couple of class wide cooldowns that incorporate the bronze flight)

10+ Year Old Account
    I always liked the idea of a Light magic using Archer class.

It's pretty safe to assume that when facing the Void the hero class will be Light based.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-06-09 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

I'd need to think about this. We already have Paladin as a Light class, along with holy priests. And shadow priests already seem to be going the void/old god angle. And I don't want yet another 'fight fire with fire' hero class like DK and DH are. And I can't think of anything devised specifically to counter the Void that wouldn't be too similar to paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    I always liked the idea of a Light magic using Archer class.

It's pretty safe to assume that when facing the Void the hero class will be Light based.
    Hmm, so a sort of dark ranger but instead of dark magic using light stuff? I could see something like that working out if fleshed out enough. The only issue is I doubt we'll ever get a new pure dps class, so it would need to tank or heal, which could end up too similar to prot paladin or holy paladin or priest. But the idea of a light themed archer does sound interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Oooh that was what I thought will happen after level 100, long time ago.

I had this thought that, after we reach level 100, instead of going lv101, 102, etc... we will start from lv1 into a NEW class.

Examples that crossed my mind back then:

lv1 Templar = lv101 Paladin
    lv1 Sage = lv101 Monk
    lv1 Archmage = lv101 Mage

And so on...
    What would be the difference though? Just resetting the level number and giving it a shiny new title like Fire Emblem promotions? (Well the ones that are just upgrades to existing classes and not special/hybrid classes.) Maybe it could work but it sounds like this would mostly be a flavor thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always enjoyed the idea behind Guild Wars 2's Revenant. A class that is channeling Legends of important lore characters to gain different play-style and abilities.

So I was thinking, maybe a class that channels powers of different Titans. In the end their ultimate goal is to defeat Void Lords (Including Sargeras').

Quote Originally Posted by Caligs View Post
    One class that I'd really like to see is what i call a "Dragon Tamer". Given the relationships that the aspects have with the Old Gods per Cata and the chronicle, I think it could fit.

Essential 4-5 specs, each one based on one of the aspects. This one would thematically work as a third mail wearer as well (which is desperately needed imo)

1) Heals: green aspect; kind of mistweaver with jade statue interplay between you as caster and green dragon as support caster

2) Tank: red aspect: one of three ways to go with it 1) you become a red dragon and self heal a la death knight, 2) you stay non-dragon but take on aspects of the life aspect to keep yourself going, 3) you tank regularly, utilizing a red dragon guardian to occassionally buff you

3) RDPS: blue aspect: caster with pet, with spells focused on a mixture of the magics as opposed to the segmented style of mages

4) MDPS: black aspect: for this one, I think it would be cool for you to not have a pet, but rather become one of the melee hitting black dragon peeps

5) (potentially) heals/support: bronze aspect: some kind of something involving aspect of time, absorbs, restores, etc--if not a fifth spec, then maybe a couple of class wide cooldowns that incorporate the bronze flight)
    I think this concept could work in general, but with some tweaks.

First I'd suggest trimming down to three specs, I find I very unlikely blizz would go for four or five.

For the blue spec, personally I'd go for a spellblade/battle mage theme as a melee dps to help it feel distinct from mage.

For the healing spec, I think that a red dragon healing flame may actually be a better approach than green dragon since they might be too similar to druids. Plus, healing with fire could make for more diversity from the current healer line up in general. Alternatively, a bronze dragon spec healing by 'undoing' damage with a time theme.

For the third spec, I'd say either an earth based tank spec from the black flight or possibly something bronze related if not used for the healer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I always enjoyed the idea behind Guild Wars 2's Revenant. A class that is channeling Legends of important lore characters to gain different play-style and abilities.

So I was thinking, maybe a class that channels powers of different Titans. In the end their ultimate goal is to defeat Void Lords (Including Sargeras').
    Something titan related could be interesting to see. And more of a proper counter to the void than the similar dragonsworn type idea probably. Though I still like the 'light archer' idea. XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    What would be the difference though? Just resetting the level number and giving it a shiny new title like Fire Emblem promotions? (Well the ones that are just upgrades to existing classes and not special/hybrid classes.) Maybe it could work but it sounds like this would mostly be a flavor thing.
    Yeah, it's a flavor thing mainly. Other games did it very well.

Under the same logic, Artifacts and class titles are flavor things if you think about it.

Yeah, it's a flavor thing mainly. Other games did it very well.

Under the same logic, Artifacts and class titles are flavor things if you think about it.
    Class titles yes, but artifacts are a gameplay feature and a form of progression post leveling, at least for a while. Sure, we won't be bringing them with us post Legion but they're not just a flavor thing, they're baked into the features and design of the expansion.

Artifacts would be a flavor thing IMO if you just did a quest and got an transmog skin for it or something, but since you have to level and empower them throughout the expansion, I don't think it's quite right to call them just flavor.

Deleted
    Class titles yes, but artifacts are a gameplay feature and a form of progression post leveling, at least for a while. Sure, we won't be bringing them with us post Legion but they're not just a flavor thing, they're baked into the features and design of the expansion.

Artifacts would be a flavor thing IMO if you just did a quest and got an transmog skin for it or something, but since you have to level and empower them throughout the expansion, I don't think it's quite right to call them just flavor.
    Then what about if advancing to the next class altered your play style a bit? That would be the same as Artifacts; even more so since Artifacts don't alter your play style as far as I know, on their own. (legendaries of course do, but those are just weapons in essence.)

I don't mind getting completely different spells that replace your old ones. True, there might be an issue with re-learning the class, but don't we already do that every expansion?

Then what about if advancing to the next class altered your play style a bit? That would be the same as Artifacts; even more so since Artifacts don't alter your play style as far as I know, on their own. (legendaries of course do, but those are just weapons in essence.)

I don't mind getting completely different spells that replace your old ones. True, there might be an issue with re-learning the class, but don't we already do that every expansion?
    There are changes every expansion, but I think it would be a bit jarring to go from 1 to 110 as one class and then change into something significantly different then and there. And even then most specs don't get complete overhauls every expansion. Why not just make those changes to the class itself? Besides, there's really nothing lore wise different between an archmage and a mage except one has a fancier title and is implied to be stronger/more experienced.

Deleted
    There are changes every expansion, but I think it would be a bit jarring to go from 1 to 110 as one class and then change into something significantly different then and there. And even then most specs don't get complete overhauls every expansion. Why not just make those changes to the class itself? Besides, there's really nothing lore wise different between an archmage and a mage except one has a fancier title and is implied to be stronger/more experienced.
    The first part of your post is not an issue since for new players, you don't even learn your class until the latter levels, and for the veteran players it won't matter because they do learn their class every expansion anyway.

For the second part, it's the same for Artifacts; the only difference between a normal paladin and THE paladin is that the latter carries a fancier weapon. As for recognition, both Artifact bearers and the advanced members in their class (e.g archmages) are recognized among their peers.

I made a class concept exactly like this a while back. The lore has been updated since then, so I'd change a couple details here and there (e.g. built to combat the OG instead of the BL since that is their original purpose) but for the most part it still holds up:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cept-Titanborn
    Last edited by Futhark; 2016-06-10 at 12:46 PM.

Crusader(paladin on steroids and speed)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Forum Avenger.
    /cast contradict. (spell tells target no you're playing your class wrong.)
    /cast redirect. (spams target with websites and addons to teach players how to make boring cookiecutter specs.)
    /cast browbeat. (vomit forth hyperbole about everything wrong with players specs and the game in general)

etc.
    :P

7+ Year Old Account
    If you want a hero class to battle the old gods, we should proberly get a class like an Etheral Mesmor Some hero class, which is either kidnapped by the etherals or who choose to follow them after meeting them in Outland. They learnt to bend the magic in the nether and use it as a weapen. The specs would proberly be something like a spell breaker, nethermancer and spellblade. All specs have mana, but use it in different ways. The spell breaker has a mana shield that protects the breaker and he uses his abilities to keep up and amplify the shield. The Nethermancer is mage/warlock hybrid, who uses minions and spells in conjunction. The spell blade is like old prot paladins, fighters using the art of magic to infuse their attacks and weapens with great power. Really just like the nexus stalkers

I think that this hero class, together with a neutral playable race in the form of the Etherals, could be pretty awesome in the void expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Oooh that was what I thought will happen after level 100, long time ago.

I had this thought that, after we reach level 100, instead of going lv101, 102, etc... we will start from lv1 into a NEW class.

Examples that crossed my mind back then:

lv1 Templar = lv101 Paladin
    lv1 Sage = lv101 Monk
    lv1 Archmage = lv101 Mage

And so on...
    That would be quite wierd though. Would you have to redesign the classes around this new hero title or would you just have to tweek the spells and abilities? Would they even have the feel of hero classes then?

For such a thing to happend, major changes would have to happend inside the class kits, which is something, that is not very popular with the playerbase.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.