Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Weapon is pre-order only for a Iron version, can get normal from a quest-line. It's purely a weapon skin, not pay-to-win at all. That's no problem. And no point bitching about leaving previous gen behind, people have wanted that forever and it's been holding the game back. $30 price is cheap too.
    There is a major point in bitching about them stopping support for last gen.

Those on last gen expected Destiny to at lease be supported throughout its full life span. They should stop support with Destiny 2 (Its a new game outright and releasing next year).

For those who have been playing on Ps3/Xbox360 and waiting for new content, This is a big fuck you to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    "Weapon is pre-order only for a Iron version, can get normal from a quest-line" This is good at least.
    That is good.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is a major point in bitching about them stopping support for last gen.

Those on last gen expected Destiny to at lease be supported throughout its full life span. They should stop support with Destiny 2 (Its a new game outright and releasing next year).

For those who have been playing on Ps3/Xbox360 and waiting for new content, This is a big fuck you to them.
    Considering that Xbox 360 is a 10 year old console, I don't think it should be any surprise it's being left behind. Especially when it's not being manufactured anymore. Destiny 2 was also assumed to be at the end of this year until recently, where a vast majority of people expected the previous gen consoles to be left behind. This still fits in the same time-frame where it was expected. Also to note, there was no official word on how long previous gen was going to be supported.

Don't think it's a "big fuck you" at all, the consoles are massively outdated and it's time that they're not longer held back by previous gen, 10 year old systems. It's no surprise to anyone who isn't just looking to fault the decision to leave them behind (which a majority of current gen are very happy about). Sure, it's unfortunate for previous gen owners, but they're massively outdated and only holding the game back at this stage.

Considering that Xbox 360 is a 10 year old console, I don't think it should be any surprise it's being left behind. Especially when it's not being manufactured anymore. Destiny 2 was also assumed to be at the end of this year until recently, where a vast majority of people expected the previous gen consoles to be left behind. This still fits in the same time-frame where it was expected. Also to note, there was no official word on how long previous gen was going to be supported.

Don't think it's a "big fuck you" at all, the consoles are massively outdated and it's time that they're not longer held back by previous gen, 10 year old systems. It's no surprise to anyone who isn't just looking to fault the decision to leave them behind (which a majority of current gen are very happy about). Sure, it's unfortunate for previous gen owners, but they're massively outdated and only holding the game back at this stage.
    Like I said I get that the systems are outdated (They are still 100% supported even tho MS stopped Manufacturing them). I do personally feel Destiny should have never been released on the Ps3 or 360.

But Bungie made the choice to release it on those systems and they should fully support them until Destiny 2. I have yet to see where the advantage of current gen is being used with the upcoming DLC. They released all the other content for Destiny on last gen and this should as well.

Like I said to me its a big fuck you to last gen users. I mean ya come Destiny 2 if your on last gen then o well.

Bungie should have ether never released Destiny on last gen or fully supported it until Destiny 2.

I mean hell (To my knowledge) you will have to buy the bundle with all the content if you went to next gen. Since none of that cross-buyed.

So if people do go to current gen because of this they will have to pay $60+ unlike those already on current gen.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-09 at 08:55 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

They should offer a $10 deal at least, like they did when the current gen came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    They should offer a $10 deal at least, like they did when the current gen came out.
    Agreed. Do something where those coming from last gen to current don't have to pay x2 as much.

Current gen has to pay $30 for the bundle so there should be a $40 all in one bundle that last gen players and those who missed out can buy.

(Still feel they should have never released Destiny on last gen or support last gen until Destiny 2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda sucks that I can't send my Titan or hunter over to the PS4 from the 360, is there even some form of limitation to doing it?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Kinda sucks that I can't send my Titan or hunter over to the PS4 from the 360, is there even some form of limitation to doing it?
    Not one that I can see since the Destiny tracking sites have no issues with consoles. I still want a PC release, the sensitivity in Destiny is horribly slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last year didnt Activision have to hand out hardrives so people could even install TTK?

Don't want to sound like a dick but id rather my experience not get affected by cutting features or content because old gen can't handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

Game shouldnt have released on last gen from the start though.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Last year didnt Activision have to hand out hardrives so people could even install TTK?

Don't want to sound like a dick but id rather my experience not get affected by cutting features or content because old gen can't handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

Game shouldnt have released on last gen from the start though.
    They did it for the really 360 old systems and the ps3 super slim that's 12gig.

You can get a 250gig Ps3 and a 120gig (maybe higher) Xbox360 and have been able to for quite some time. So harddrive space is not the issue. Once again this game was released for both last and current gen. They shouldn't just stop support mid game life thats a dick move. They should have waited until Destiny 2. Ether support it fully or don't release it on that platform.

That would be like if blizzard released Legion and told everyone they need a GTX 1070 and linux to play it from now on.

Destiny went a year without any real content and now those who waited for some on last gen got screwed......

Now people are going to have to get a current system and start over from scratch.

It's gonna be hilarious when the upgraded consoles get officially announced and it's going to be the ps4 and xbone holding back destiny 2s potential.

- - - Updated - - -

They did it for the really 360 old systems and the ps3 super slim that's 12gig.

You can get a 250gig Ps3 and a 120gig (maybe higher) Xbox360 and have been able to for quite some time. So harddrive space is not the issue. Once again this game was released for both last and current gen. They shouldn't just stop support mid game life thats a dick move. They should have waited until Destiny 2. Ether support it fully or don't release it on that platform.

That would be like if blizzard released Legion and told everyone they need a GTX 1070 and linux to play it from now on.

Destiny went a year without any real content and now those who waited for some on last gen got screwed......

Now people are going to have to get a current system and start over from scratch.
    If you want to keep your progress upgrade to your own console family. If not, too bad. They're already doing as much as they can to make sure they can keep building a better game while allowing you to keep your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If you want to keep your progress upgrade to your own console family. If not, too bad. They're already doing as much as they can to make sure they can keep building a better game while allowing you to keep your character.
    To be clear this has zero effect on me since I got it on ps4.

Still does not change the fact that its a shitty move.

If you release a game support the game one each platform for the life of said game. Therefore last gen should not lose support of Destiny until Destiny 2 hits. Having people sit there buying your shitty ass cashshop crap just to tell them nearly a year later they are not getting new content is bullshit.

Destiny should not have been released on last gen in the first place. But since it did get released it should be supported for its whole life span.

This move is anti-consumer and now everyone on last gen will have to spend $60 to play it on next gen. The DLC's DO NOT carry over onto the next gen systems. So now they will have to buy this DLC ($30) and unless they do a bundle they will have to buy the TTK bundle that runs about $30.

At lease do some kind of setup where they can go from X to Y even if it was cross-platform or do a bundle where you get everything for $40. Rockstar did it with GTAV.

If they can't then it should be supported until Destiny 2.

All this talk kinda makes me want to play Destiny alittle but until endgame gets matchmaking ill pass.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-10 at 03:43 AM.

I would imagine they either make the taken king a cross buy thing so owning it on the service of psn of xbl applies to current gen as well instead of having to rebuy it or just package it in with the new dlc again.

Because Destiny on the PS4, in england at least, is pretty worthless. It goes in stores for about £7 and has a trade in value of something like £2.99, without the dlc the base game is too common and nobody is buying it so you can find a PS4 copy insanely cheap, but without buying the dlc all over again you are limited to basically doing the daily missions and little else for pre house of wolves rewards.

I've seen several folks i know upgrade to the ps4, buy said cheap destiny copies only to find they then have to rebuy the taken king after buying it on psn already and they all simply dropped the game and moved on.

I'm sure activision loved the idea of reselling the same content to people again at the time but at some point i think they either make it a cross buy thing or simply pull a WoW and bundle everything but the latest paid dlc into the base game or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the Xbox One has backward compatibility, they should allow you to just re-download the the game for free if you are migrating from the previous gen.

The purchase is tied to your account, so there is really no reason to not allow it. As those who own a physical copy, they could work something out with game shops that allow you a trade in of your disk for either a copy of it for the new gen, or just give you a free download code.

There are many ways they can make this easier for those migrating, but I have a feeling they will happily just take peoples money for a brand new copy of all the previous content.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I'm kinda curious, if you bought just the base game for say $10 at a gamestop, then only bought the DLC that's coming out, would you still be able to play? I don't know anyone that only has the base destiny game and TTK.

I'm kinda curious, if you bought just the base game for say $10 at a gamestop, then only bought the DLC that's coming out, would you still be able to play? I don't know anyone that only has the base destiny game and TTK.
    Let me see if I understand your question correct.

You are asking if lets say for example I don't own anything Destiny if I went and bought the base game then the new DLC could I play the new DLC??

If that's your question then good chance its a mix of yes and no. With the way Bungie has handled each DLC if it wasn't for the boost coming with the Iron DLC then it would be a no.

But since that is coming with a boost you may be able to bypass all the other DLC's and play it. But if the new DLC has you do anything in the old DLC's zones you are SoL.

There should be a bundle that's just $10 more with everything. So at lease those making the jump to current gen don't have to spend $60+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    There are many ways they can make this easier for those migrating, but I have a feeling they will happily just take peoples money for a brand new copy of all the previous content.
    Yep I do not trust Bungie to make this simple and easy at all.

Good chance you are fucked and have to rebuy everything and if your going from Ps3 to XB1 or Xbox360 to Ps4 you are just fucked on everything. They should enable it to where your character can do a one time carry over to any current gen platform.

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/741056451259564034
    "Seeing a lot of questions about pre-orders and upgrades in my feed. I won't ask you to be patient but I will pledge more relevant info soon."

Which was yesterday. So it looks like they do have plans to makes it easier for upgrading from old-gen to current-gen.

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/741056451259564034
    "Seeing a lot of questions about pre-orders and upgrades in my feed. I won't ask you to be patient but I will pledge more relevant info soon."

Which was yesterday. So it looks like they do have plans to makes it easier for upgrading from old-gen to current-gen.
    That's good.

Let me see if I understand your question correct.

You are asking if lets say for example I don't own anything Destiny if I went and bought the base game then the new DLC could I play the new DLC??

If that's your question then good chance its a mix of yes and no. With the way Bungie has handled each DLC if it wasn't for the boost coming with the Iron DLC then it would be a no.

But since that is coming with a boost you may be able to bypass all the other DLC's and play it. But if the new DLC has you do anything in the old DLC's zones you are SoL.

There should be a bundle that's just $10 more with everything. So at lease those making the jump to current gen don't have to spend $60+
    Yes, base game no expansions with only the Iron Front as an expansion.

I'm not sure that was true, after leveling other characters when I made the move from XB1 to PS4, I didn't have to touch any of the other expansions form level 1 and was able to progress straight into TTK. Then again, that's because the previous level cap was level 20 and TTK started you off with that expectation, regardless of previous light level.

I'm not sure that was true, after leveling other characters when I made the move from XB1 to PS4, I didn't have to touch any of the other expansions form level 1 and was able to progress straight into TTK. Then again, that's because the previous level cap was level 20 and TTK started you off with that expectation, regardless of previous light level.
    Ya I'm not 100% sure.

All depends how they handle Iron.

On the website it explicitly says you need to have The Taken King to play Rise of Iron. Which means just getting the base game won't let you jump straight into the latest expansion even though the previous expansion content will most likely not remain relevant and a lot of it will probably be removed if TTK was any indication.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15