Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hope it's not a long line like Canada.
    The most I have ever waited to get a dentist appointment was a week after calling for an appointment.

When I broke my arm, there was a 2 hour wait. At the time I didn't know it was broken otherwise I'm sure I would have been moved up. I thought it was just a pulled muscle and went home. I went to the walk in clinic the next day, was sent for xrays and found out my arm was broken. Total cost to me? $12 for the sling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    You are confusing MSN with MSNBC. You do not see this!?!
    Launched concurrently with MSNBC was its website, msnbc.com; unlike the network itself, msnbc.com was operated as the general online news outlet of NBC News, partnering with Microsoft's MSN.com portal.
    You do not see this!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    You are claiming all people in the left are Liberal? MSN is not only more left, but that and CNN use it as their primary media sources for democrats. It was actually a higher % than republicans use Fox, according to the last study I can find on it.

http://www.pewresearch.org/2009/10/3...ews-audiences/
    This is just getting funny.

Dude, MSN is not MSNBC. They have nothing to do with each other. MSN is Microsoft. You literally can't tell the two apart because they have the same letters in their name.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Except health care cost inflation has dropped since the ACA was passed.
    From Politifact.com You know one of those non-leaning websites. I know you know this but it seems others do not.

On average, premiums have risen by about 5.8 percent a year since Obama took office, compared to 13.2 percent in the nine years before Obama. Is it true that we’ll see insurance plans jacked up 35 to 55 percent in 2016?
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...going-35-45-5/

You do not see this!?!
    A quote that specifies that even msnbc.com is not the news network msnbc. Brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy that wrote it is a conservative blogger. Don't see how it's somehow some consensus on the left.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You do not see this!?!
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/16/tech...oft-nbc-split/

See what now?

If anything I think Obamacare is not even a half measure. It does not go far enough. Just go to a single payer system and become a first world country.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    From Politifact.com You know one of those non-leaning websites. I know you know this but it seems others do not.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...going-35-45-5/
    I hate to break it to you, but the 13.2% is per year, meaning you just proved my point.

"From 2008 to 2013, premiums rose by an average of 5.8 percent per year. But between 1999 and 2008, premiums rose by an average of 13.2 percent a year -- in other words, twice as fast as premiums rose under Obama."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...alth-insuranc/

EDIT: Unless you were agreeing with me. In which case, thanks!

And here's the problem with some people who should not become invested in politics, like the OP.

When you stop viewing opinions as opinions and start viewing the entire "Left" as a singular entity then you know you've lost your sense of rationality. Political discussions are nothing without rational discourse between two people with differing views, and frankly, shit like this post is exactly why that doesn't happen often enough.

Drop the "us and them" bullshit and start treating people like people.

Can we change the title to "Right spews shit and masterbates to its own hypocrisy"? No? Ok. It was worth a try.

I hate to break it to you, but the 13.2% is per year, meaning you just proved my point.

"From 2008 to 2013, premiums rose by an average of 5.8 percent per year. But between 1999 and 2008, premiums rose by an average of 13.2 percent a year -- in other words, twice as fast as premiums rose under Obama."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...alth-insuranc/

EDIT: Unless you were agreeing with me. In which case, thanks!
    I agree with u

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's an editorial. I like Obamacare. Most should like Obamacare. Have kids or plan to have kids? With Obamacare your kids can stay on your insurance until they reach 26. Without it they'd be on their own at 18. That's one of about 100 examples.

A guy I know and was talking with today said when he was out of work he couldn't get insurance anywhere for under $1000 a month premium because he had COPD. With Obamacare he was able to get insurance.

People should really look into this stuff. Ask yourself how it affects you specifically. Are you thinking for yourself in disliking it, or are you just disliking it because a wealthy person who WILL benefit financially if Obamacare didn't exist is telling you to, and they think that the populous is gullible enough to dislike it if they say it's bad enough times.

As for the article, full time jobs were in decline long before Obamacare. Companies have been doing that for 15 years now, shifting to more PT employees to avoid paying all types of benefits. It's cheaper to have 2 PT rather than 1 FT employee if they don't have to give paid vacation, paid bonuses, 401k, etc. to part-time employees. That's something that would be happening even without Obamacare. Companies doing this is wrong and needs to be addressed too, but that's a different topic.

This did not go as planned.

Hah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Well like other developed countries free healthcare would have done wonders for the USA, however it was ripped to shreds before it even got off the ground due to opposition :/
    Ok, you're from UK I take it? And you complain about free healthcare. Last I heard, you guys don't even have free speech any more and you can be arrested for saying something "offensive". Besides, why should healthcare be free? Like really? How can you justify making someone else pay your bills if you cant do it yourself?

The problem with that argument is that our social programs are generally very well run.
    I would disagree. they are rife with abuse and corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    That's an editorial. I like Obamacare. Most should like Obamacare. Have kids or plan to have kids? With Obamacare your kids can stay on your insurance until they reach 26. Without it they'd be on their own at 18. That's one of about 100 examples.

A guy I know and was talking with today said when he was out of work he couldn't get insurance anywhere for under $1000 a month premium because he had COPD. With Obamacare he was able to get insurance.

People should really look into this stuff. Ask yourself how it affects you specifically. Are you thinking for yourself in disliking it, or are you just disliking it because a wealthy person who WILL benefit financially if Obamacare didn't exist is telling you to, and they think that the populous is gullible enough to dislike it if they say it's bad enough times.

As for the article, full time jobs were in decline long before Obamacare. Companies have been doing that for 15 years now, shifting to more PT employees to avoid paying all types of benefits. It's cheaper to have 2 PT rather than 1 FT employee if they don't have to give paid vacation, paid bonuses, 401k, etc. to part-time employees. That's something that would be happening even without Obamacare. Companies doing this is wrong and needs to be addressed too, but that's a different topic.
    The issue is, the right wingers who oppose the half-measure that was the ACA are people like Orlong... Selfish pieces of shit that genuinely don't care about anyone else... They literally would prefer all disabled people never get insurance and die, than have their own premium increase even one percent.

Please avoid flaming other posters.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2016-06-10 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I would disagree. they are rife with abuse and corruption.
    The overhead and waste in our social programs is very low, especially compared to private sector overhead and waste. That's a fact.

The overhead and waste in our social programs is very low, especially compared to private sector overhead and waste. That's a fact.
    Indeed.

People think marketplace competition protects against bloat; it does not. The nature of the private sector is to increase profits and decrease costs; objectives that are oftentimes at odds with quality care for affordable prices.

It is a very good means of padding CEO compensation packages, however.

This thread is completely irrelevant.

That said, I suspect the ACA will fail within 8 years. I believe it can coast another 4-5 years with Anthem, but it will come to a point where even companies that have very deep pockets will get shareholders who are not interested in losing money on the exchange.

Furthermore, as healthcare costs rise, you will start to see the middle class who aren't eligible for subsidies(about half on the ACA iirc) complaining....well complaining isn't the right word. Just their monthly healthcare costs could bankrupt them and they will be furious.

This is all going according to someone's plan though. The public option will step in to save the day, or at least that's the play. Over the next few years, I expect to see non-subsidized exchange rates skyrocket.