Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    SJW's use victim status to gain privilege

clearly i'm not calling him a victim to give him privilege. im calling him a victim because for some reason SJW idiots ignore all the negative effects this has had on his life he has been punished the prison time is extra on top (i believe in rehabilitation for small crimes i guess you don't?)

because he has already lost so much THATS HIM BEING PUNISHED. the longer this man spends in prison the greater chance of him turning into a re offender / giving up on life all together

do you want a system that creates suicidal criminals who are out for revenge? or do you want a system that protects its citizens

btw i don't really care what happens to him what annoys me is people trying to blame the judge
    Rape is not a small crime.

And that is the end of this discussion.

7+ Year Old Account
    do you even know what rape is? because the definition keeps being moved by SJW's and feminists
    Really??? REALLLY?

He violated a woman's private parts.
    I guess if I shoved a dildo up your ass it wouldn't be rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachman10613 View Post
    Both of their lives are over :/
    His life is over her life is not. She doesn't even remember being raped because she was unconscious, so she doesn't have that scaring. She still has the scaring though of knowing she was raped, but at least she wasn't coherent when it happened, or the scaring would be much worse. She will move forward and become a stronger person, and he will be lucky to find anyone outside his family that wants to hire him. Not to mention he probably lost most of his friends, and rightfully so. I wouldn't want to associate with a scumbag rapist either.

7+ Year Old Account
    i guess you believe everyone commits "rape" the same way

how about you stop for a second and stop being such a ......

"Rape" is a word and the word "Rape" is not defined by this case

switching the description of his actions for a single word like "Rape" is wrong

the word itself can be applied to a small crime and means next to nothing these days

i did not say what this man did was a small crime
    i said the "WORD" there is a DIFFERENCE a big fucking difference

if SJW's want to fucking destroy words you should stop taking those words so seriously
    "clearly i'm not calling him a victim to give him privilege. im calling him a victim because for some reason SJW idiots ignore all the negative effects this has had on his life he has been punished the prison time is extra on top (i believe in rehabilitation for small crimes i guess you don't?) "

So unless you meant that a rape was a small crime, you pulled the idea that I don't believe in rehab for small crimes out of thin air.

So you are clearly delusional, or just making things up.
    I can't debate with people like you, I suggest you seek help, you have lost your grasp on reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    His life is over her life is not. She doesn't even remember being raped because she was unconscious, so she doesn't have that scaring. She still has the scaring though of knowing she was raped, but at least she wasn't coherent when it happened, or the scaring would be much worse. She will move forward and become a stronger person, and he will be lucky to find anyone outside his family that wants to hire him. Not to mention he probably lost most of his friends, and rightfully so. I wouldn't want to associate with a scumbag rapist either.
    This is quite far from how people tend to experience the after effects of any attack when that attack is either totally absent from memory or "patchily" recalled. It is often a factor for many people who suffer assaults involving head trauma. The fact that they know they were violated, but not exactly how, is in some ways to experience many different versions of the event and try to deal with all of them. Someone who suffers an assault while fully able to recall the event has one horror to process, come to terms with, and deal with in their future life. There is sometimes a lot more fear involved in something that can't be robustly defined.

I'd say there isn't anyone who ever suffered any kind of significant assault, woke up in hospital, had their injuries described to them and was informed of what if any circumstances were known, and thought "well, thank fuck I don't remember that, that'll help".

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I disagree, Fuck rapists. I think the death penalty should be applied to them, if anything.
    agreed.

Generally speaking, my biggest gripe about our criminal justice system is that, due to their record following them around, non-violent criminals have a hard time finding work, places to live, etc etc. We set them up for failure.

If it was up to me, criminal records of non-violent offenders would be sealed and off limits to everyone but the gov't

however.....

I do agree that sexual offenders should have their lives be made miserable. Sexual crimes effect the victim forever, they never fully recover. If it was up to emperor Anthony, we would throw sexual offenders off a plane at 30k feet over the middle of the Atlantic ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Really??? REALLLY?

He violated a woman's private parts.
    I guess if I shoved a dildo up your ass it wouldn't be rape.
    He was convicted of sexual assault, not rape.

I think the sentence is fine under the circumstances.

As per usual, people think they know better than a qualified legal professional (who spent literally hours and hours listening to the exact circumstances of the incident from both prosecution and defense) after reading a layman's synopsis written by a journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya, you don't see people smoking weed and going out and raping people lol.
    Yeah, it's almost like THC and alcohol have different effects.

This might be a little extreme but I think his punishment should be having pineapples shoved up his ass every hour on the hour for 7 years.

Its almost like rape is the worst thing a human can do in this world these days, hasnt there been cases of murderers getting less than this and people not caring? His life is over deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyone think about the possibility that sexual violence is a problem with no good solution? I know we live in America and think we can solve everything, but difficult sexual violence cases seem to reduce to:

Two people are drunk, one says sex was consensual, the other says rape.

How does a non-omnipotent justice system correctly assign guilt in those circumstances?
    We have means of trying to determine guilt. The reality is, if it is in doubt and simply he-said she-said, he wins as the burden is beyond a reasonable doubt. It's why so few rape cases get prosecuted and result in convictions. In this case, there were independent witnesses

Once a case if over and done it cant be like taken up again? Isnt there a amendment for allready judged people or some shit?
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    For what he was actually charged and convicted of, his sentencing is actually within the guidelines for the state of California. Even a felony assault conviction has an "Up to a year in prison" portion tacked onto it. He was definitely given an easy sentence, but people saying the judge acted outside the realm of the law are simply not correct. Blame a lack of minimum sentencing for assault cases(or the prosecution for failing to get a higher charge because it didn't look like he was convicted of rape rape but about as close as you can be to it. Actually rape rape has a minimum sentence of several years and assault can include penetration, but not intercourse which is where it becomes rape according to California law).

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/califor...ault-laws.html
    http://statelaws.findlaw.com/califor...rape-laws.html
    What he was convicted of was intent to rape of an unconscious person and several counts of penetration, but that seems very specific without saying flat out rape which is leading to some confusion on my part and the links don't seem to provide any real definition for what counts for intercourse.

From the defendent's perspective why he's appealing at all is boggling my mind. He's getting off so easy, I question his sanity. It's not out of the realm of possibility for him to actually get a harsher sentence in the appeal and he won't have the same judge. His case is really weak overall. There are key witnesses. He was caught fleeing the scene(which shows an awareness on his part of what he did). Yes, he may have been intoxicated himself but that's not an excuse according to the law.
    It's not within the guidelines. The 289 charge has a 3/6/8 sentence guideline and he had two counts. Theoretically the lowest he should have gotten would have been 2 three year terms served concurrently.

In a shocking turn of events The legal system continues to coddle Privileged men and treat them like victims of cruel Circumstance instead of the criminals they are.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Pretty sure it's just as traumatizing either way, and one isn't "better" over the other like you're making it out to be.

If you woke up with a sore asshole every day for a month, then one day later woke up with someone shoving themselves inside your brother/sister/mother/father/etc, then it came to light that they had done it for that whole past month to you, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't sit back and go, "Well that's why my asshole was sore, so glad I wasn't awake for all that! I gladly can move past this trauma, unlike my brother/sister/mother/father/etc. that I saw this happen to too, they clearly have it worse!"

Give me a break.

She was raped, and it doesn't matter if she didn't have to actively fight him off, it still happened. She was still forcefully violated against her wishes, and now she has to worry not only for herself when she's awake, but if she's unconscious too. Next time she takes a drink, she now has to worry about if there was something in it. Hell, next time she goes to bed, she's probably not going to be comfortable no matter where she is because once, when she was unconscious, someone took advantage of her.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    This might be a little extreme but I think his punishment should be having pineapples shoved up his ass every hour on the hour for 7 years.
    Frankly, I'm all for that. He wants out of prison, fine, he can have a reduced sentence, but Big Bubba Kong Dong gets to do what he did to this girl before he gets out. We'll see how he likes what he did to someone else happening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    In a shocking turn of events The legal system continues to coddle Privileged men and treat them like victims of cruel Circumstance instead of the criminals they are.
    Don't even turn this into a gender thing because it's not that. You want to go there, we can and I'm sure there will be plenty of people here to tell you just how privileged women are when it comes to crimes and lesser, if any, sentencing.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-06-09 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    It's not within the guidelines. The 289 charge has a 3/6/8 sentence guideline and he had two counts. Theoretically the lowest he should have gotten would have been 2 three year terms served concurrently.
    Its under the judge's discretion to have a lower sentence if he feels like it would have an adverse effect on the convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Atleast you didn't say white men

i guess you believe everyone commits "rape" the same way

how about you stop for a second and use your brain

"Rape" is a word and the word "Rape" is not defined by this case

switching the description of his actions for a single word like "Rape" is wrong

the word itself can be applied to a small crime and means next to nothing these days

i did not say what this man did was a small crime
    i said the "WORD" there is a DIFFERENCE a big fucking difference

if SJW's want to fucking destroy the definitions behind words you should stop taking those words so seriously
    People use rape interchangeably for sexual assault. Rape is generally defined as forcible sexual intercourse (or on an unconscious victim, someone unable to consent due to mental defect, etc). This isnt that definition of rape but penetration of a foreign object (anything other than a penis in sex crimes) is still a sexual assault and carries similar punishment and consequences to rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm like 99.999% sure that would be EXACTLY what I'd think. Especially if it was just a painful or otherwise non-permanently damaging situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps, but the "registry" bullshit isn't helpful in that regard either, not to mention that you can get on it for things that have nothing to do with assaulting anyone.
    i'll agree, sometimes they put people on the registry for stupid shit, like pissing on a building.