Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    Stopping the media from spreading propaganda is not authoritarian, if the media do not represent the people but rather try and tell them what to think.
    Trump doesn't want to stop the media. Only that portion of the media that challenges him.
    And that is a pattern all too familiar with certain regimes throughout history

Here is my logic, in a form of a question, why does someone want power? Ask yourself that and you might come to the correct conclusion
    There are plenty reasons for that.
    Seldom is it for entirely selfless motivation.
    In Trump's case it's definitely exaggerated narcissism and personal financial gain.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    There is somebody. His name is Nate Silver. He correctly predicted 49 of 50 state outcomes in 2008, and 50 of 50 in 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Silver
    That's only 98%, not 100%.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    You can say very intelligent comments with short words.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, calling him authoritarian because he wants to end the authoritarian left, doesn't make any sense. Stopping the media from spreading propaganda is not authoritarian, if the media do not represent the people but rather try and tell them what to think.

Here is my logic, in a form of a question, why does someone want power? Ask yourself that and you might come to the correct conclusion
    Yeah as expected can't explain how being anti-Trump is anti-american. Instead avoids actually addressing the issue, promotes Trump's anti first amendment plans and thinks that's not authoritarian. Amusing.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    There is somebody. His name is Nate Silver. He correctly predicted 49 of 50 state outcomes in 2008, and 50 of 50 in 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Silver
    40 out of the 50 everyone gets right every year. Just sayin...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Yeah as expected can't explain how being anti-Trump is anti-american. Instead avoids actually addressing the issue, promotes Trump's anti first amendment plans and thinks that's not authoritarian. Amusing.
    The Republican and Democrat parties are both authoritarian. What's the point of saying Trump is too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The Republican and Democrat parties are both authoritarian. What's the point of saying Trump is too?
    Trump is more so I think is the point.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Trump is more so I think is the point.
    That's complete nonsense where they put Hillary.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because we are discussing his claim that being anti-Trump is being anti-american. Follow the discussion. Or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems about right to me (shrug). Few decades ago, she would have been a Republican, still is on most issues.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Then you can call me anti-american then. Because I didn't have a fucking lobotomy to believe the 4th grade drivel that Trump spews.
    U do know most forms of news and public information is presented a low grade lvl. He does that on purpose

I tried to make you think for yourself as you currently only regurgitate every liberal news outlets talking points. The same liberal news outlets that tell people what they can and cannot say and think.

When you start having original thoughts, then you will see. Right now you are saying anyone who stands up to authoritarianism is an authoritarian, that actually makes no sense.

Being anti-trump is being anti-america correct
    This is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen.

7+ Year Old Account
    I tried to make you think for yourself as you currently only regurgitate every liberal news outlets talking points. The same liberal news outlets that tell people what they can and cannot say and think.

When you start having original thoughts, then you will see. Right now you are saying anyone who stands up to authoritarianism is an authoritarian, that actually makes no sense.
    Once again you choose to not address the issue. Explain how being Anti-trump is anti-American. You claimed it now show it.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-06-09 at 11:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fernotao View Post
    everyone i talk to in Ohio hates Hillary they believe NAFTA ruined the state and she had a big part in it. They rather see Trump win.
    I think he will win Ohio this year. Even in 2012, it was a close win for Obama. And that was with the loser Romney running.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I think she belongs in the middle. Of course that will depend on the media's opinion of the public opinion at the time. Which could put her any where on that chart. :P

Once again you choose to not address the issue. Explain how being Anti-trump is anti-American. You claimed it now show it.
    I did, twice now. I didnt really think it would take this much explaining. He is pretty much mr american dream. Successful, loves his family, does nice things.

You have 2 candidates, one of them wants to be the first female president, one of them wants to make america great again. And you say the 2nd one is a narcissist.....

The thought has never ever crossed your mind, that he might actually like the country and is trying his best to save it,,,,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Maybe you know them and they make plenty of racist jokes or comments, but they never once are directly rude / disrespectful to that group.
    We are talking about public figures, who are not comedians.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I did, twice now. I didnt really think it would take this much explaining. He is pretty much mr american dream. Successful, loves his family, does nice things.
    Successful? Yeah, thanks to daddy's money and being bailed out by a Saudi prince.
    Loves his family? Sure, that's why he's on wife #3 now, or is it #4? And he loves his daughter a little too much...
    Does nice things? You mean like scamming people out of thousands of dollars?

Bookmarking this to rub it in when he loses big. People said the same about Romney.

7+ Year Old Account

You have 2 candidates, one of them wants to be the first female president, one of them wants to make america great again. And you say the 2nd one is a narcissist.....

The thought has never ever crossed your mind, that he might actually like the country and is trying his best to save it,,,,
    First you have not shown anything twice except a refusal to address the point, that being Anti-Trump is Anti-American.

Secondly, you are still doing it. You are not showing being Anti-Trump is anti-American. Your just blowing smoke that he is the American Dream..blah..blah..blah.. It's smoke because the reality is being against any candidate is hardly being anti-american. Participating in a discussion and criticizing a candidate is in fact one of the most pro-American things you can do.

So I await you actually supporting your claim with something besides "because I say so" nonsense or Trump worship. I also expect I will be waiting a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Successful? Yeah, thanks to daddy's money and being bailed out by a Saudi prince.
    Loves his family? Sure, that's why he's on wife #3 now, or is it #4? And he loves his daughter a little too much...
    Does nice things? You mean like scamming people out of thousands of dollars?
    Lol now you are anti-American in his books.

10+ Year Old Account
    American Dream is not to be born wealthy. Hilary won woman of the year and mother of the year in Arkansas before she was First Lady. She came from a modest home and built her self up. Including negotiations with Reagan, that convinced him to change his cuts to LSC. Trump, is on his third wife, including a the idiotic choice of bringing a mistress to the same resort he frequented with his wife, resulting in tabloids in the 80s with a headline 'bitch, you leave my husband alone!', after he was busted by his wife.

Trump loves America so much, he doesn't think it's great. Hillary's slogan is not 'want to be first female president'. If that's her slogan, then Trump's is 'add presidential to my brand'.

His slogan is that the country isn't great. America is an awesome country. There are issues to tackle, but to think the country isn't great, is far from patriotic.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It does mean he is establishment and he will be voted for as the establishment. In fact:

People do remember. In fact, he talked shit about Trump, to then tell his super pack they need to support him:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...d-trump-221926

Karl Rove is a campaign strategist and the strategy with Trump seems to be to dog him in public to sustain an image of 'anti-establishment' to then support him through super pacs. The same way Trump is anti-banks, while having billions in those banks and a campaign finance manager who was a partner at those banks.

The Trump strategy is to appear anti-establishment. Which seems to be working, because neither his staff, his wealth, his donations, his history, his friendship with Clintons... seems to convince people otherwise.

It's a lot like that McCain attack Rove orchestrated in 2000 primaries. He knew that McCain adopted a daughter, but still sent out panflits to registered republicans, with a picture of McCains family, including the daughter who is blatantly obvious is not his by birth, while asking if you would vote for McCain if he had a daughter out of wedlock. Same thing as swift boating... Trump being the establishment, while Rove like machinism convinces the public he isn't, is par for the course.

You mean, you will get what you deserve? I'm just assuming you are part of US public.
    You were doing OK until the last part. I always vote the alternate candidate (like Ralph Nader) or 3rd party if possible, have done so since I was voting age in 1979, and am fairly active on a lot of issues that are with a few exceptions generally not the positions held by the 2 major parties.

What the apparatchiks like Rove and their media cohorts did to Kerry, McCain, Dukakis, Dean, et al is what will happen to Trump in the fall, if he makes it past the Convention, and perhaps even before then. If a 'Swift Boat' episode isn't enough, they'll rig the polls and voting regs as my post above shows, many of which are already in place.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-06-09 at 11:52 PM.