Page 85 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just saw it, it was quite a good film, better than I thought it would be but it does have its problems.

I see what people have been saying about the pacing - early on the film leaps from moment to moment without giving any of them the time they need, or the chance to connect to the next moment, though the pacing does improve in the second half. During the first half though it feels like every 10 minutes should have been 15 minutes instead. It does feel like alot of scenes have been removed to reduce the overall length, which was probably a mistake.

Overall I liked it. I am disappointed in how much it deviates from the established story.

Movie deserves %40 nothing more. I know the story but my brothers wife slept whole movie(it was afternoon), she has no idea about gaming.
    Movie is for people who are already into WC.
    And dat king, nothing can make me follow him to any battle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What dark side? The ending is very good. The Horde took huge losses, and Stormwind is out with minimal damage.
    You camrip version was really bad, because Lothar said of the 18 legions, they had 3 legions left. That's 15 000 losses.

At the same time, the Horde got more orcs when Medivh opened the Dark Portal.

Deleted
    I am kinda disappointed in how far it strayed from the lore. I really enjoyed it though, and more importantly my wife (whose never played any of the warcraft games or WoW) enjoyed it aswell. It could've been 20-30 minutes longer i think to help set the orcs back story up a bit more but that was about it. I really enjoyed the way it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    And dat king, nothing can make me follow him to any battle.
    Indeed, he is not Karl Franz by far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    because Lothar said of the 18 legions, they had 3 legions left. That's 15 000 losses. At the same time, the Horde got more orcs when Medivh opened the Dark Portal.
    They have another 25 legions in the field, and the portal was closed permanently.

Saw the movie and was OK but its a movie for fans, I can see how ppl outside of the universe wouldnt like it.

Imo its a good movie but isnt the movie we deserve

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    They have another 25 legions in the field, and the portal was closed permanently.
    Which of from 18 legions, 3 were left. Reason why they had to stop the Horde warband from opening the portal, or else they would be rekt by the Horde superior numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Which of from 18 legions, 3 were left.
    They'd prevented the Horde from bringing reinforcements and lose just 3 legions. Whether they have 25 or 28 now, doesn't matter much.

Looks like it actually went up. Going to see it later today lets see who's right.

Just because you can come up with names such as Azeroth, Durotan, Orgrim, and Grommash Hellscream doesn't mean you're J.R.R. Tolkien, people.
    ...Are this people serious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Looks like it actually went up. Going to see it later today lets see who's right.
    Yeah, well, going up from 18% to 22% is still shit.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It was at 9.1 with hundreds of ratings before it even premiered in ANY country... so yea, sure.

Fanboys are giving it 10/10 before watching it, just as haters are giving it 1/10 just for the sake of trashing it.

44% of the votes are 10's, lol.
    Most people do this because the overall average score is so different from their expectations that they feel the need to pull it up/down as hard as they can.

Example:

"This game/movie was a solid 8.5 out of 10! Time to rate on IMDB.. WTF? It has a 7 out of 10? No way was it that bad! I'll give it a 10 on this account and a 10 on my other two accounts to try to pull it up more."

"This game/movie was pretty bad. Like a 6 out of 10 at best. WTF!? HOW does it have a 89% on Metacritic? No way it was that good! I'll give it a 0 on all my accounts to bring it down to a realistic level."

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you cut out all 10s in the IMDB score you still get a 7.152 as the average

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    Fuck professional critics. Useless people with way too much power.
    I trust IMDB more than those douches.
    Lol and as soon as the RT/Metacritic score for a movie is more to your liking than the IMDB score, you'll say the exact opposite.

Truth is, that it's all about the individual. Every movie, game, or book is going to have fans and haters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Critics say dog poo tastes bad. But don't believe them, eat some dog poo for yourself so you can taste how great it is.
    Yeah.... movie compared to dog poo...? That escalated quickly... Also as far as I know there are no critics for dog poo, if there are I wish not to know.

Deleted
    Warcraft reminds me of batman vs superman the acting was good visuals where great but the story they had to tell and the editing sucks balls. Hence why i feel really wierd about the film. But lets face it most of use have no connection to this plot line and it was just a test movie like iron man for the avengers it was an ok film but avengers is where its at.

I predict and i hope they dont do it in the next film is a 2 sided story again with the fall of arthas and the rise of thrall leader of the new horde. Id much rather have a 2 plus hour film just on arthas giving the views lots of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksumit View Post
    Yeah.... movie compared to dog poo...? That escalated quickly... Also as far as I know there are no critics for dog poo, if there are I wish not to know.
    No, but one called it a cancer, another a tragedy, another shocking misfire, a good for absolutely nothing lol..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Propheteu View Post
    Warcraft reminds me of batman vs superman the acting was good visuals where great but the story they had to tell and the editing sucks balls. Hence why i feel really wierd about the film. But lets face it most of use have no connection to this plot line and it was just a test movie like iron man for the avengers it was an ok film but avengers is where its at.

I predict and i hope they dont do it in the next film is a 2 sided story again with the fall of arthas and the rise of thrall leader of the new horde. Id much rather have a 2 plus hour film just on arthas giving the views lots of depth.
    I'm afraid blizzard will continue it's orc fetish on a second movie. What got me into warcraft were night elves and undead as main attractive, may be one of the reasons the movie is not so good.
    Last edited by kamil84; 2016-06-10 at 12:31 AM.

Deleted
    Clearly there is something wrong with your opinions and taste. Millions in China had just purchased tickets before watching the movie launch and Milllions purchased them in advance. A record much like the best selling expansion WoD! And I happen to know for a fact they all loved it.

This triggers the hate watcher who rate the movie only above average because of some conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I see Conscience is posting quality stuff as always?
    I see Kangodo is upset over critical thought and opinions as always and his fellow whitknight buddies still let his unintelligent and unconstructive passive aggressive insults contributing nothing to the topic slide into inconvenient themed threads without moderation. Now I feel like testing what happens when I hit another nerve.

So let's not miss the opportunity to remind about the fastest selling MMO expansion in history! WoD! Wow! Everyone loved that one we remember, since everyone who says he got bored and quit after launch was just a hate player and most losses came from China again anyways I assume and they don't count. Hard numbers are telling the truth again!
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2016-06-10 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Clearly there is something wrong with your opinions and taste. Millions in China had just purchased tickets before watching the movie launch and Milllions purchased them in advance. A record much like the best selling expansion WoD! And I happen to know for a fact they all loved it.

This triggers the hate watcher who rate the movie only above average because of some conspiracy.
    How can you know if the chinese like it? and even if they do, it's because they are fans. Most of the fans have approved the movie, but even from fans bad reviews have poured in. Someone said he had more fun wiping in Molten Core. Another sends you to raid Scarlet Monastery instead of watching the movie lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post

It's a conspiracy alright. You better sleep with lights on, you'll never know when they're going to get you.