View Poll Results: Title Question.

Voters
330. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Azshara can carry an entire expansion.

219 66.36%
  • No, Azshara can not carry an entire expansion.

111 33.64%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aethermachine View Post
    Think the expansion following Legion might be themed around the old gods?
    Yes I think that is likely the next expansion. This raid fight has alot of foreshadowing about the Void.

Spoliers.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Not a chance, sure she had power, but i reeeeeeeeally feel like the rabid fanbase she has over-hypes her powers far beyond what she can really do.
    rabid fanbase?

Queen Azshara needs a masterful story of how all this came about. The Queen of the Elves. Well, the former queen, now she's the demi-goddess of the Naga.

Howz that going for her I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Yogg-saron created the Emerald Nightmare, not N'zoth. Yogg-saron than gave the other old gods access to the Nightmare. N'zoth is simply the last one standing.
    uhh wrong... nzoth is the one who made the emerald nightmare, even chris metzan says it himself

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Emerald_Nightmare

also during a blizzcon QnA he said nzoth started the spark of the emerald nightmare, sujesting he started it, and it grew on its own after that

7+ Year Old Account
    There has been mediocre coverage of Azshara ever since her first appearance and her significance along with the nagas' strength has been lately downplayed quite a bit, most notably in Cata.

It's a bit too late for an expansion revolving around her and would probably be hard to hype and still end up being underwhelming.

- - - Updated - - -

And we know how expansions that essentially revolve only around 1 theme go.
    *pokes WoD*
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there's no way she's weaker than the lich king.
    If she's on par with the Lich King I think she wouldn't have thought twice about roflslamming Malfurion into oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Yes I think that is likely the next expansion. This raid fight has alot of foreshadowing about the Void.

Spoliers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W204sxLJIN4
    I'm sorry, I don't see how Etraeus' fight foreshadows the next expansion, his abilities match the descent into darkness his path has taken him.

I will say this about Elisande and Etraeus - they spent too much time looking outward with respect to themselves, and not looking at what they had going for them, or they would have seen Azeroth had some hope. They actually lack a lot of faith, which becomes an issue when you don't have a priesthood around. but it's amazing that we have so many nightborne actually stand up against the legion and are fighting Elisande's decisions. Kudos to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    uhh wrong... nzoth is the one who made the emerald nightmare, even chris metzan says it himself

also during a blizzcon QnA he said nzoth started the spark of the emerald nightmare, sujesting he started it, and it grew on its own after that
    He's right. N'Zoth is merely picking the pieces but is Yogg-Saron who started the whole thing. It's explained so in the Warcraft Chronicles.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted

I'd take everything Metzen says about lore during Blizzcon with a grain of salt

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, she and Naga are simply not that interesting to carry expansion by themselves.

10+ Year Old Account

uhhh wrong...... that was the old lore. New lore says Yogg-saron made the Emerald Nightmare. Yes Metzen did say that, YEARS AGO, but Chronicles states otherwise.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Nightmare

"The origins of the Nightmare stretch back to 4,500 years before the First War. Fandral Staghelm took branches from Nordrassil, the World Tree, and planted them over saronite that had begun to appear across the world, including a particularly large source of saronite in the Grizzly Hills. Unfortunately, its roots went deep enough that they touched the prison of the Old God Yogg-Saron, corrupting the tree and spreading madness throughout the nearby wildlife. The druids sorrowfully destroyed the world tree, believing that this act would halt Yogg-Saron's corruption. What they did not know, however, was that Yogg-Saron had used the world tree to open the way for the Old Gods to access the Emerald Dream. The Old Gods spread their corruption into the Dream through the door that Yogg-Saron had opened."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't see how Etraeus' fight foreshadows the next expansion, his abilities match the descent into darkness his path has taken him.

I will say this about Elisande and Etraeus - they spent too much time looking outward with respect to themselves, and not looking at what they had going for them, or they would have seen Azeroth had some hope. They actually lack a lot of faith, which becomes an issue when you don't have a priesthood around. but it's amazing that we have so many nightborne actually stand up against the legion and are fighting Elisande's decisions. Kudos to them.
    Eraetus says "these are the beings who will devour the future you so futilely fight to protect!" as he shows you planets corrupted by Old gods. It's at 8:27 timestamp in the video.
    Than Etraeus literally begins summoning Old God Minions and starts using Void magic....
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

You might want to be careful about information on Wowwiki (and in some occasions, wowpedia as well although Wowpedia's articles are getting updated over time) as many of those are outdated. Chronicle shred some lights on various matters and those turned out to be from slightly different to completely different from pre-Chronicle impressions. This is one of those, and as Chronicle is the latest released official information source, it's canon and override other previous information. It was stated that Yogg Saron gained access and started corrupting the Emerald Dream first, and he opened a doorway for other Old Gods (N'Zoth / C'Thun) to access it as well. Overtime, these seeds of corruptions polluted the ED, starting what would be known as the Emerald Nightmare. At best, if we want Chronicle's info to match previous info, we can say that the 3 OGs together created the Nightmare but it's true that Yogg was the one who started it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    Although killing Andrassil had been a heartbreaking task, the Cenarion Circle was pleased it had stopped the growth of saronite. Yet unberknowst to the druids, something dark had taken root in the Emerald Dream.

Yogg-Saron had used the trees planted by Fandral as a doorway into the Dream - a doorway through which the other Old Gods could grasp the ethereal domain as well. Small seeds of corruption were spread throughout Ysera's realm. In time, these seeds polluted the dreamways. This marked the beginning of what would become known as the Emerald Nightmare.
    (Also, the Blizzcon 2010 Q&A only said that N'Zoth was the creature responsible for the Emerald Nightmare. It wasn't specified that he was the creator of it)
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Eraetus says "these are the beings who will devour the future you so futilely fight to protect!" as he shows you planets corrupted by Old gods. It's at 8:27 timestamp in the video.
    Than Etraeus literally begins summoning Old God Minions and starts using Void magic....
    i noticed, but to claim that's an indication of the next expansion is a bit of a stretch though - it seems very related to what he does. Etraeus heart has been filled with fear from all the the great things he has witnessed, they may have seemed far away and time to prepare, but when the Legion surprisingly came knowcking, without the hope that births faith the priesthood often inspires, and perhaps too much confidence in his own ability (thinking his knowledge showed him all hope, and that if his ability wasn't enough then no one elses would be) he gives in to the legion rather than join the First Arcanist in rebellion.

Void/shadow is shown as part of the things he has glimpsed in the stars, they help explain his state of mind and helps us to understand why he chose to stand with the legion this time round, rather than against it like Thalyssra, Oculeth and Lunastre are or like he did 10k years ago.

If pandas were capable, I don't see why Azshara would not.
    It shouldn't be the one after Legion, though. Naga stuff looks too weird to hold an entire expansion, and we'll be tired of elf stuff by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    If she's on par with the Lich King I think she wouldn't have thought twice about roflslamming Malfurion into oblivion.
    i don't think the lich king would find malfurion that easy of a fight. isn't he basically said to be one of, if not the strongest, mortals on azeroth?

he held the whole of darkshore together with a spell by himself, the lich king couldn't destroy whole zones alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    i noticed, but to claim that's an indication of the next expansion is a bit of a stretch though - it seems very related to what he does. Etraeus heart has been filled with fear from all the the great things he has witnessed, they may have seemed far away and time to prepare, but when the Legion surprisingly came knowcking, without the hope that births faith the priesthood often inspires, and perhaps too much confidence in his own ability (thinking his knowledge showed him all hope, and that if his ability wasn't enough then no one elses would be) he gives in to the legion rather than join the First Arcanist in rebellion.

Void/shadow is shown as part of the things he has glimpsed in the stars, they help explain his state of mind and helps us to understand why he chose to stand with the legion this time round, rather than against it like Thalyssra, Oculeth and Lunastre are or like he did 10k years ago.
    It's not just Etraeus, Xavius continues to speak about the old gods even though he is allied with the Legion. The shadow priest artifact drops a lot of hints aswell through it's whispers. Than there is Azshara and N'zoth. And most importantly, the Naaru in the Illidan novel revealed that the Legion is not the main threat, the Void is. It all seems to point to an Old god/void expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    (Also, the Blizzcon 2010 Q&A only said that N'Zoth was the creature responsible for the Emerald Nightmare. It wasn't specified that he was the creator of it)
    My point was that Old Gods made the Emerald Nightmare.
    It doesn't care if it's C'thun, Yogg or N'Zoth, they're all the same : virus.
    Void Lords don't give nickname to their miasmas

Now that N'Zoth is the last standing Old God he will do anything to finish the job.

Deleted
    Azhara is so hot. I think she is stronger than Sargeras and could wipe out the whole Legion. In the next expansion she will command C'thun and Yogg-Saron to attack Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't think the lich king would find malfurion that easy of a fight. isn't he basically said to be one of, if not the strongest, mortals on azeroth?

he held the whole of darkshore together with a spell by himself, the lich king couldn't destroy whole zones alone.
    Malfurion is powerful but is not on a demi-god level of power. He's still nothing but a mere mortal on the end of the day. Cenarius is blatantly more powerful than him.

To believe Malfurion could stand a chance against the Lich King is quite a joke. The Lich King's power is not the most destructive in terms of raw devastation but he has death itself at his command. He can play with souls much like a kid plays with legos.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    You might want to be careful about information on Wowwiki (and in some occasions, wowpedia as well although Wowpedia's articles are getting updated over time) as many of those are outdated. Chronicle shred some lights on various matters and those turned out to be from slightly different to completely different from pre-Chronicle impressions. This is one of those, and as Chronicle is the latest released official information source, it's canon and override other previous information. It was stated that Yogg Saron gained access and started corrupting the Emerald Dream first, and he opened a doorway for other Old Gods (N'Zoth / C'Thun) to access it as well. Overtime, these seeds of corruptions polluted the ED, starting what would be known as the Emerald Nightmare. At best, if we want Chronicle's info to match previous info, we can say that the 3 OGs together created the Nightmare but it's true that Yogg was the one who started it.

scource? because everything recent has said nzoth started it, even xavius who works for nzoth, and was killed but was ressurected in the emerald dream by nzoth

- - - Updated - - -

uhhh wrong...... that was the old lore. New lore says Yogg-saron made the Emerald Nightmare. Yes Metzen did say that, YEARS AGO, but Chronicles states otherwise.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Nightmare

"The origins of the Nightmare stretch back to 4,500 years before the First War. Fandral Staghelm took branches from Nordrassil, the World Tree, and planted them over saronite that had begun to appear across the world, including a particularly large source of saronite in the Grizzly Hills. Unfortunately, its roots went deep enough that they touched the prison of the Old God Yogg-Saron, corrupting the tree and spreading madness throughout the nearby wildlife. The druids sorrowfully destroyed the world tree, believing that this act would halt Yogg-Saron's corruption. What they did not know, however, was that Yogg-Saron had used the world tree to open the way for the Old Gods to access the Emerald Dream. The Old Gods spread their corruption into the Dream through the door that Yogg-Saron had opened."

- - - Updated - - -

issue is thats based off the old lore, but since then stuff has changed quite alot...

10+ Year Old Account
    scource?
    Really? He/she said more than once that the Warcraft Chronicle Vol.1 is the source, which is the most fresh piece of lore information we have right now. You even got quoted the exact excerpt taken directly from the book.