Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i saw it tonight and really really liked it, pay close attention to the blue blizzard logo in the opening credits....

but yeah, i cant wait for part 2 3 4 and so on
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i saw it tonight and really really liked it, pay close attention to the blue blizzard logo in the opening credits....

but yeah, i cant wait for part 2 3 4 and so on
    Pretty much this.

I thought the movie was going to be okay at best, but now I can't wait for more.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ermm... what do you count as "the west"?
    Probably the western hemisphere.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Deadpool made profit within a few hours opening night. Apocalypse made profit within the first week. And here is Warcraft weeks later just barely breaking even.
    If you're gonna talk about stats and financials at least be accurate, Warcraft did not release in the states yet, XMen did.

If Warcraft opens up at number 1 this weekend at the US box office then the bakeries are gonna run out of humble pie seeing how much people are gonna be eating it!

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    This movie had no big name actors, This movie had good cgi which prolly cost most of the budget, This movie did not have a marketing blitz worthy of a star wars or avengers movie so seriously guys where do you get these massive numbers from?
    Ben Foster and Clancy Brown? These are huge name actors among people this movie is catering to.

Game movies are very well known for their success.

/snicker
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

I just watched it for the 1st time. Amazing! I loved it and I've read the books. It's not the same story, but in some ways it's better!

The only thing I would have added is more creatures in the world.

There will totally be more movies! I just met some new friends in the game that live down the street from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Ben Foster and Clancy Brown? These are huge name actors among people this movie is catering to.
    You know what i mean i mean Clancy Brown doesnt ask for the same salary as Robert Downey Jr does for Ironman or the Avengers. They aint actors who ask for 60 mil a picture or whatever.

Deleted
    160 isnt when it makes pure profit, you have distribution, venue cuts, many other things, about 240-300 is when it'l get into profit, if it hits 400 than it'l probly be greenlit for a squeal

Quote Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
    I bet it has nothing to do with all the addons most countries get, like 1 months sub, main game and all expansions, like in France. Or T-Mobile giving away free film tickets to every customer.
    Question is who pays for that. Did Blizz play different other companies off each other to make them pay for it, or is Blizzard giving that stuff away. They could be making more money from franchising it, like Lucas did with the films that shall not be named, than from the tickets alone.

Chinese ticket sales are also only valued up to 25% of all other ticket sales, because the chinese law forbids any foreign company to get more then 25% of the revenue. So 100 million in china is like 25 million in the US, at best.

The film will make a profit, like "Genisys" did, but not a huge one, overall, at least not for the studio. It will cement their foothold in China though, so that is good for them.
    the game costs 5$, so people are not going to pay like 30$ for a ticket for a 5$ game
    also the t-mobile giveaway is not counted...
    yes blizz is giving away stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I grew up in a place like that, it was called Twin Cinemas, I'll let you guess how many screens it had. They only played the sure thing money makers. Dances with Wolves was there for like 9 years. Something like Warcraft, might have been there for the Saturday matinee. Now they are big time and have 6 screens
    right now they have Captain America: Civil War, X-men, and the Angry Birds movie. Tomorrow all 3 are being replaced by The Nice Guys, The Conjuring 2, and the shitty TMNT movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    It's just a rehash of Orcs vs. Humans. How good could it really be?
    lol. You mean it's a movie that's based on something else? NO WAY?! WHEN WAS THIS INVENTED?!

I doubt its a master piece or garbage. But for some reason on the internet if you don't clear 2 billion dollars and win 12 Oscars it means the movie isn't worth seeing. Most movies on the planet don't pull Avatar or The Force Awakens numbers. Nor do they win a bunch of rewards. I would say anything that's a C+ and above can be an entertaining movie as long as you like the genre or ip. Most movies fall between a C+ and B+. Only rare movies are total bomb shell flops or true master pieces. Between that its a sea of "meh its not bad" or "I guess it was ok" that is extremely subjective to your average movie goers.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2016-06-10 at 03:21 AM.

As I am getting SPAMMED with quotes from this thread alone, I will not be responding anymore. Too many people do not want to have an actual discussion...

Doesn't really matter that the movie is bad, what's important is that it brings attention and publicity to the game, which is what wow needs now.

Just got back, had a good time. I'd say it's a "good" general audience movie, and a "damn good" movie for the fans.

Felt a little cramped at times. I will definitely scoop the dvd for the directors cut, but I will probably really wish that is what wound up in the theater. Oh well. Chinese box office, word of mouth, and strong dvd sales pretty much guarantee we get parts 2 and 3. I bet they learn from their mistakes for the next two.

I hope part 3 is Arthas ... ! It could really parallel the success of the games, where WotLK drew on the popularity of WC3 / Frozen Throne to hit peak subs
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

All this time and STILL less than X-Men Apocalypse's opening weekend...

Deadpool had a $50 million budget. What was it you were saying???
    He was saying "stop grasping at straws". Are you going to do that or keep on acting like a dick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy2 View Post
    It's not the same story, but in some ways it's better!
    This is my opinion as well. It shot down a lot of side stories. But, hey, Blizzard clearly had no intention of expanding on them. I can respect that action.

I like the ending. I view it as "maybe what we knew as truth was actually a false series of events."

also, I reckon that was Blackmore at the end.

As I am getting SPAMMED with quotes from this thread alone, I will not be responding anymore. Too many people do not want to have an actual discussion...
    Silly thing to say when you initiated your " discussion " on half truths.