Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggletard View Post
    also, I reckon that was Blackmore at the end.
    Possibly a servant/aide considering the single voice line, but you are correct about the event! And with a 1.5 year old myself, baby Thrall is absolutely adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where annoying New Yorkers come to retire
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Just got back, had a good time. I'd say it's a "good" general audience movie, and a "damn good" movie for the fans.

Felt a little cramped at times. I will definitely scoop the dvd for the directors cut, but I will probably really wish that is what wound up in the theater. Oh well. Chinese box office, word of mouth, and strong dvd sales pretty much guarantee we get parts 2 and 3. I bet they learn from their mistakes for the next two.

I hope part 3 is Arthas ... ! It could really parallel the success of the games, where WotLK drew on the popularity of WC3 / Frozen Throne to hit peak subs
    Just got back from watching it and I totally agree with you. I personally loved it and hope for more.

As far as Arthas.... hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Justank View Post
    Possibly a servant/aide considering the single voice line, but you are correct about the event! And with a 1.5 year old myself, baby Thrall is absolutely adorable.
    ʳᵃʷʳ

They do not even need the Overall Box Office

Toys, T-shirts, books, graphic novels, more WOW subscription, utensils, products, merchandise, Soundtrack and especially Blueray sale will make a ton!

that is a well oiled money train right there!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I've seen a fair bit of marketing for it. To put it this way, BvS and Avengers both had marketing campaigns which cost roughly $160m. Warcraft likely has one close to $100m at least. To go with the $160m production budget so it needs to make around $520m to break even off of ticket revenue and will prob make another $50-100m off of ppv and blu ray after more expenses are taken out.
    Only PPV and Blue Ray?

What about other IP products, books, music, toys, utensils?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    ʳᵃʷʳ

Haha, those snarls man, my wife and I loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    ʳᵃʷʳ

LOL, that was great.

Ok just saw it and honestly it was a good movie. Would recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Every time the movie opens in a new region, it smashes the box office. I can't wait to see how well it'll do in the US!
    "I knew something followed by millions upon millions of people for over a decade would be popular in media!"

You totally called it, bro! You are a legitimate genius.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    Except everyday movie viewers are giving Warcraft good reviews not shit ones like BvS. The critics will hate it but movie audiences like it and its going to make a shit load of money.
    Chill with the fanboy sperging.

When a movie has that many negative reviews, it's not "shit reviews". You talk as if critics always give bad reviews on everything. They don't.

BvS has something like 29% critic rating and 65% audience rating on RT.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the effect of investors owning some of the theatres has at the end of the day. None of us knows the internal financial structure of their company and its subsidiaries.

They still have a long way to go to break even let alone make a profit. It's not a financial success at this point.
    I never claimed it is, even though I think it very well can be, but that's yet to be seen.
    I was just wondering why you would go out of your way and fabricate figures just to force push an opinion about a movie down peoples throats.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-06-10 at 04:41 AM.

Saw it, and I enjoyed it. It wasn't a bad movie, but a part 2 is greatly needed. It was far too set-up for a second movie.

The two major things I disliked about the movie was the jumping between scenes, since it was a little bit too quick and fast paced, interesting scenes got interrupted too quickly, or they were cut in for two seconds to then be cut out again when you wanted to have seen more.

Some characters felt forced, like Lothar's son. Barely any screen time, and didn't do very much, but his death was far more dramatic and focused than Durotan's and Draka's death together, he was a throwaway character.

I didn't have any problems with the lore changes, I thought it was interesting, like Garona being half-orc/human instead of half-orc/draenei.

I clap my hands for Duncan compressing all the lore and storytelling into a 2 hour movie, while it could have easily been a 4 hours movie to show it all. I wish he handled certain characters and scene changes and cuts better though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see this movie! Ticket is already purchased just gotta wait until later tonight. Day is going to go by so slow lol...

I'm hoping they do a very good job on Arthas's story. Make it a 3 and a half hour long movie, don't take shortcuts with the story and it'll be my favorite movie of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Saw it, and I enjoyed it. It wasn't a bad movie, but a part 2 is greatly needed. It was far too set-up for a second movie.

The two major things I disliked about the movie was the jumping between scenes, since it was a little bit too quick and fast paced, interesting scenes got interrupted too quickly, or they were cut in for two seconds to then be cut out again when you wanted to have seen more.

Some characters felt forced, like Lothar's son. Barely any screen time, and didn't do very much, but his death was far more dramatic and focused than Durotan's and Draka's death together, he was a throwaway character.

I didn't have any problems with the lore changes, I thought it was interesting, like Garona being half-orc/human instead of half-orc/draenei.

I clap my hands for Duncan compressing all the lore and storytelling into a 2 hour movie, while it could have easily been a 4 hours movie to show it all. I wish he handled certain characters and scene changes and cuts better though.
    It was never stated she was half-orc/half human in the movie. They mention they do not know, and it is clear to anyone knowing lore that they're still going to follow the lore and have her being half draenei -- considering they showed the draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    It was never stated she was half-orc/half human in the movie. They mention they do not know, and it is clear to anyone knowing lore that they're still going to follow the lore and have her being half draenei -- considering they showed the draenei.
    No, she's half-orc/human, and even Duncan says so in an interview.

Medivh is hinted to be the father, because he "travelled worlds" to find his love.

Comparing the X-men franchise numbers to Warcraft. Time to check out of this thread.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

No, she's half-orc/human, and even Duncan says so in an interview.

Medivh is hinted to be the father, because he "travelled worlds" to find his love.
    I know for a fact she's half dreanei in the canon lore. Why would they tamper with that..?

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have 20 more days to go untill I can watch it in Argentina. It's one of the last countries to show. I'm really happy that it's doing well.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Teeth View Post
    I know for a fact she's half dreanei in the canon lore. Why would they tamper with that..?
    She is half-orc/draenei in the canon lore, indeed.

The movie however, while following most of the lore, had to make certain changes to make it more "obvious" and "understandable" for viewers that are not Warcraft players or know anything about it.

Since the movie is heavily focused on orcs & humans, they made Garona half-orc/human instead so the non-Warcraft audience could follow it better.