Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    Video game companies are very volatile. Personally, I'm much better at financial ETFs. They have good volume, and you're generally able to make good trades based on simple indicators.
    They CAN be volatile. Blizzard has had a pretty good track record.

They've done well for me.

n = 1, but I tend to invest in companies that produce products I enjoy or purchase frequently and I honestly can't think of a time that strategy has failed me. (panera, chipotle, atvi, etc). This only works if you get in in the early days before the public figures out that 1000 kcal burritos aren't healthy no matter how responsibly the ingredients are sourced.

This is to say nothing of their future prospects. I happened to start having the funds to fool around in the market at the bottom of the crash, so my returns aren't terribly realistic going forward.

Regardless, a full 33% into 1 stock is Trump-level idiocy. If your father can't give you a small loan of a million dollars, I'd advise against putting a third in anything. Unless its a well-diversified low risk mutual fund. And even then...
    Last edited by Detritivores; 2016-06-10 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    And yet I retired at age 47 by buying into Google, Ford when it was $2 per share, and Netflix when it was $10 per share.

See retard is someone like you who responds without reading that I have been retired for several years. Oh, and I own about 25 different stocks ranging from XOM, to Google to Teva pharmaceuticals to Yahoo, to Merck, Disney , Nike, and Aqua America.

Funny how people want to write other people's story while knowing nothing about the other person.
    Yeah, yeah. Everyone is a rich early retiree that predicted the rise of Google and Netflix on the internet. I'm sure that's all true 100%. Even if it is, you just proved my statement correct, you stumbled into that money by dumb luck.

Regardless, dumping 1/3rd of your retirement funds into a single stock is still astoundingly stupid no matter how you justify it.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I'd invest in dog shit before I'd invest in Blizzard.

I have ~100 shares atm(I know, rich guy here).

It has several 14 buys, 5 strong buys and 2 holds.
    https://unicornbay.com/t/ATVI.US

From a layman's point of view, the growth potential is pretty good.
    Last edited by usiris; 2016-06-10 at 04:29 AM.

Deleted
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by mmoc8a3727531d; 2016-06-10 at 05:42 AM. Reason: deleted