Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I don't know. Warcraft isn't showing on very many screens in my area which is bullshit. It really makes it difficult for me to see the movie. Warcraft on opening weekend has 2 2D and 3D screens total 4 screens, they removed its times from the better theatre in my area cutting the screens in half. Among the 2 theatres, Conjuring 2 has 14 screens and Now you see me 2 has 11 screens.

The Warcraft showings at 2pm, 5pm 3D, 8pm, 10:45pm 3D
    Lol they trying to milk Conjuring and Now you see me because their prodecessor did well and sequels are in shite condition this year around.

and a lot has to do with cutting deals with theater chains

It was not sure when they would screen it in China, and Wanda bought Legendary, both sides made deals, and suddenly 2 days before US and Canada start,

Key people made a point there.

Unfortunately for you, Universal, Legendary are likely targeting more densely populated metropolitan areas
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-10 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    A fine reaction/review from ProJared

I can not believe how on the mark this review is. Very objective take on the movie. I know opinions may differ, but 99.9% of what the said were my thoughts exactly.

I do think there was a missed opportunity at the beginning to use Azeroth in the universal logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Among the 2 theatres, Conjuring 2 has 14 screens and Now you see me 2 has 11 screens.
    How fucking big are these 2 theaters that they can dedicate that many screens to 2 movies? Theres 13 movies out right now and you're telling me that these 2 theaters are each showing conjuring 2 on 7 screens and Now you see me 2 on 6 screens?

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    I do think there was a missed opportunity at the beginning to use Azeroth in the universal logo
    I have to agree. At first glance, i thought they did until they zoomed out more and more. I kept thinking that would have been so bad ass to see.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2016-06-10 at 05:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree pacing was definitely to fast in the beginning but as a fan I knew what was going on. My gf said the same but eventually after that settled she got into it. I didnt think it was horrible but should have been handled better
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got back from seeing it with a group of 10. Most of us have played WoW for a while, only 2 of us were RTS players, and I was the only one who has read most of the books.

It's funny to me, but the 2 hardcore PvP'ers didn't like it very much. My wife and I both really enjoyed it. The 3 non-WoW players really enjoyed it.

It's certainly not going to be pushing for any Oscars, but it was cool and a lot of fun. It was also very cool to see a bunch of Azeroth on the big screen.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

So just saw it.

Lore changes: Totally fine with them, except maybe a few details which is hinted about Medivh, but that was simply not clear. Most of the lore change is fusing characters with others so that there isn't too much characters on screen. The problem is, it seems like they did it only for the horde, which worked, and alliance on the other side was WAY overcrowded for a 2hours film. A 3 hours film cut? Maybe, but even then, it's also the way they are all introduced 15 minutes into the film, and they all expect viewers to care for them equally right then.

Actors: Overall, pretty good, I had my expectations pretty low for Travis Fimmel, I like him in Vikings, but in trailers, it was pretty clear it was the same character in metal armor. Well, it was pretty much that, so it was a bit weird, he didn't feel like a Commander of the army of Stormwind, nearly felt like a rogue, cocky. He would have been a better Arthas actually. Ben Foster was amazing, he really felt powerful. Orcs were topnotch. I was afraid Paula Patton would look like a human too much, and that she wouldn't have the physic to look warriorish (no rogue here), well, she did pretty good, she looks strong the whole movie, even in front of orcs.

Fx: amazing, just amazing.

Pacing: This is where it hurts the most. Alot of people hate the comparison with Lord of the Rings. But there's something to take away here. Lord of the Rings (followship of the Ring in particular) also had the tough mission to get viewers introduced to Middle Earth and the multiple heroes and villains of the film. When you go through it, you realize there's about the same amount of heroes and villains. But LoTR feels wayyyy more simple and straight forward. This is due to pacing. It takes about an hour and a half to finally have all the heroes introduced, by then, you already care for Frodo, Gandalf and the sidekicks. You can then focus your attention to other characters without them fighting for your attention and care. In WarCraftm every alliance characters (and there's alot) are introduced in about 10 mins from the first to the last. This is way to quick. Was it necessary to see King Lane so early on, the queen, the son? (THE SON?!?!?! Comon, there's already enough). Focus on Lothar and Garona first, then have Kadghar and Medivh together alone for a good portion of the film, he is of no use as a sidekick to Lothar. Now you have 3 duos, Durotan and Orgrim, Lothar and Garona, Medivh and Kad. Let them roll their own story for at least the first hour, then start mixing them up.

That duel between Durotan and Gul'dan, that was amazing, the end especially

Would give it 7.5. I would love to see a 3 hours cut of that film in bluray, see if Duncan can slow down the pacing of the first half of the film, too much movement, too many characters to follow in a small amount of time. With a better pacing, easily would have been a 8.5. It's a good film though, better than a stupid 20% of rotten tomatoes lol, they are freaking delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimacy View Post
    I can not believe how on the mark this review is. Very objective take on the movie. I know opinions may differ, but 99.9% of what the said were my thoughts exactly.
    I don't know. He keeps talking about 'Gamora', but this isn't Guardians of the Galaxy.

Also, he's like, "Why didn't they explain why she changed sides?" Could he not see she was in chains?
    indignantgoat.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I don't know. He keeps talking about 'Gamora', but this isn't Guardians of the Galaxy.

Also, he's like, "Why didn't they explain why she changed sides?" Could he not see she was in chains?
    I was waiting for someone to bring up one misheard name to kind of discredit what he said

Seriously though, what he said was on point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was waiting for someone to bring up one misheard name to kind of discredit what he said

Seriously though, what he said was on point.
    I like how you bring up the name thing, but ignore the substance of the comment while proclaiming how correct you are.

And I'm not even saying he's totally wrong. I'm just thinking that maybe there are other considerations that affect what goes into a movie- budget, running time, studio involvement, etc...

Not saying it was perfect, but it got a lot right. The most important thing to me was it felt like they busted their ass to make the best movie they could- it wasn't a thrown-together cash grab.
    Last edited by bergmann620; 2016-06-10 at 05:54 AM.
    indignantgoat.com/

I like how you bring up the name thing, but ignore the substance of the comment while proclaiming how correct you are.
    What substance? He talks about the movie for 22 minutes, and the only things you mentioned were that he got one character name slightly wrong and that he thinks Garona joining the humans in the blink of an eye was handled poorly, which it objectively was. As such, you seem to actually be the one ignoring substance here

10+ Year Old Account
    he thinks Garona joining the humans in the blink of an eye was handled poorly, which it was.
    You're right- she should have been more hostile to the people that freed her from imprisonment.

If anything, what was handled poorly was that the humans trusted her at all.
    indignantgoat.com/

You're right- she should have been more hostile to the people that freed her from imprisonment.
    By imprisoning her and threatening to kill her

Her character arc is just weird and rushed. She goes from distrusting humans to joining them, falling in love and fighting alongside them in the blink of an eye. Again, this is one of the things you get when you try to cram so much into a two-hour movie. It makes some plot points feel very contrived. And yes, this goes the other way too. Like you said, trust happens way too quickly.
    Last edited by Ultimacy; 2016-06-10 at 06:09 AM.

For the people wondering about the novelization...

I only have time to read a few pages each day. So I'm moving slowly thru it. Writing this up actually cost me a few pages haha, but since some people are very curious...

I got to the point Gul'dan opens the portal and Ogrim and Durotan cross the portal. Draka hasn't crossed yet.

Let me tell you the scenes so you know what happens:

First scene:
    Varian is playing with his toys in the throne room of SW, orc and human figures, most orcs are standing while most humans are down. Khadgar open the door and sees Varian "So, this is where you've been hiding!". He asks Varian how the battle is going. Varian isn't happy. As if Khadgar don't know things were very bad. Varian, angry: "every orcs deserves to die". When I'm king, I'll be like Lothar and kill them all. ". Khadgar: Lothar is a soldier, he fights cos he has to. your will be a king, your duty is to find peace. Varian "i hate them. Khadgar: "I know" "But war is not always the answer, you need to understand that not all orcs are evil, even if it seems that way."You Know, the orcs came from another world, far away form ours". Khadgar does magic, showing the red/orange world. "it was dying" "It was consumed by the dark magic the fel" "the orcs had to escape. if they didn't... they would die with it." Varian: So those green monsters invaded our world!" Khadgar: "They weren't all green when they came to Azeroth bet you didn't know that." "only the ones poisoned by the fel magic" "It changed them. But we once met an orc who resisted it. One who almost stopped this war from ever happening. His name was ... Durotan"

That is a lot of exposition haha. The scene is fine, but I don't like the way it puts everything afterwards in the past. Thrall's/Durotan's narration also does it, but it is far more sutil way. Would you like the film started this way?

Note: Book says that with the low light, Khadgar's "hair did not look quite so gray, nor was the scar that ran from chin to eye quite as ugly as it appeared in the daylight"... what?

Then you would expect it to cut to Draenor and Durotan's face, but nope.... Instead, there is a scene with Medivh, 11, in the Chamber of Air, being tested by Antonidas and other mages to become the guardian. I'm not gonna describe everything as it was disgusted when I read it. Simply terrible! (my opinion) Hope this scene never sees the light of day.

Then it cuts to Durotan and his clan walking in Draenor desert, some conversation between him and Draka "you should ride instead of walk" that kinda of stuff. A scout tells that he saw the structures. Durotan and the rest walk some more and get to the place where all other orcs are camping. "So many clan in one place Ogrimm, LS, BR, WS, all have been summoned." Ogrimm: "it will be a mighty warband. Some orc "Frostwolves", "Blackhand wants to see you". "Durotan: "who is Blackhand?" Orc: "Blackhand is the leader of the Horde!" Durotan: "You lie, Gul'dan is the leader of the Horde!" Other orc: "It is Gul'dan who brought us here, he is the one that knows how to take us to a new land. He has chosen Blackhand to lead the Horde in Battle, so we will triumph over our enemies." Durotan is surprised as Gul'dan never mentioned battle, but he would do what he needed for his clan and his baby. Durotan and Ogrimm go meet Blackhand. Draka and clan stay behind and meet clan. While they go, they see orcs training for war. They meet Blackhand. Durotan says "you'll have no finer hunters in yur new Horde" Blackhand: "we will not need hunters, we will need warriors" Duratan says Guldan never mentioned "fighting for the promised land". Blackhand: Ah, but what is to savor in simply walking onto a field?" "we are orcs, and we will conquer this new world. At least.. those of us who are brave enough to fight for it. You are not afraid, are you?" Durotan "The only thing I fear are empty promises." The conversation goes on with Blackhand letting Durotan know that only a few will go thru the portal at first, and then they will build a portal there and bring the whole of the horde.

next scene: The so loved campfire scene...
    Durotan and Ogrimm return, they sit down with Draka, Drek'thar and Geyah and eat. They talk. Key things: He tells them only the young and ready to fight can go. They discuss who he should take. Draka understand she can't go, but asks for him to take Drek'tar with him. If only to heal. Durotan ends up accepting. The Grom Hellscream appears, he brings some live insects for the o eat and starts to talk with Durotan. Draka and the others move to another campfire so he can sit with Durotan. They talk. Mostly its about how Warsong is crazy about fighting and Frostwolves are all nice. The Grom mention's Gul'dan has found a way to enter another land. An Ancient artifact, long hidden in the earth. His magics led him into it, and when we arrived here, we began to dig. We have unearthed it at last, and tomorrow, we will use it." Some more talk about trusting or not Gul'dan's plan. Grom also mentions how Gul'dan's death magic makes him stronger.

next scene is seen in the film in it's integrity, the close up on Durotan, and he lays down with Draka, and asks if she can hide her fat belly, baby's name and so on.

Next scene is in the morning, clan wakes up and move to the portal area, Drek'thar hiding his white hair, Draka hiding her belly. They get to the portal area, and see the HUGE structure that is the portal. The portal was unearthed instead of built! (you can actually see the portal below ground level in a shot in the film that shows the orcs getting thru near the end of the film). Draka tells Durotan to look at the steps near the portal, and there is Gul'dan with Garona, and then the Draenei scene from the film happens. Draka, horrified, questions why the Draenei are caged, Durotan says"Does it matter" " Gul'dan is sending us through this portal, to attack whatever lies on the other side and take their land for our own, We need this land - and we need him. Right now, he can do what he pleases." Then there's Medivh's incantation and Gul'dan opens the portal.

Wow this ended up much bigger than I expected.

So these are the introduction scenes for the orcs I don't know what is next as I didn't read it yet. Might make a post telling how things truly start for the humans when i get there. If you bothered reading, what did you think of it? Would it make the movie better in your opinion?

EDIT: Fixed many typos. i know there are more, but I gotta go to bed. Sorry.
    Last edited by Faier; 2016-06-10 at 06:18 AM.

By imprisoning her and threatening to kill her

Her character arc is just weird and rushed. She goes from distrusting humans to joining them, falling in love and fighting alongside them in the blink of an eye. Again, this is one of the things you get when you try to cram so much into a two-hour movie. It makes some plot points feel very contrived. And yes, this goes the other way too. Like you said, trust happens way too quickly.
    She has to hurry because movie execs were forcing her. Lol

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-10 at 06:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the movie a lot. Definitely my favorite movie of the year so far. The CGI, the action, and the score are the movie's strong points. Concerning the story, I thought Duncan did an incredible job with the material he was given. The story, although fast, was structurally sound (my 14 y/o sister who had a million questions after X-men apocalypse had very few after this movie). Concerning the characters, they were given little backstory but we're well acted/animated and their motivations were clearly defined.

I'm a big fan of this movie, 9/10 and I hope we get several sequels.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    How fucking big are these 2 theaters that they can dedicate that many screens to 2 movies? Theres 13 movies out right now and you're telling me that these 2 theaters are each showing conjuring 2 on 7 screens and Now you see me 2 on 6 screens?

I have to agree. At first glance, i thought they did until they zoomed out more and more. I kept thinking that would have been so bad ass to see.
    Well I don't mean they all show at the exact same time.. 14 and 11 showings vs 4 showings from Warcraft. TMNT, Cap 3, Angry Birds, Alice, all have more showings on Warcraft opening weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Faier View Post
    For the people wondering about the novelization...

I only have time to read a few pages each day. So I'm moving slowly thru it. Writing this up actually cost me a few pages haha, but since some people are very curious...

I got to the point Gul'dan opens the portal and Ogrim and Durotan cross the portal. Draka hasn't crossed yet.

Let me tell you the scenes so you know what happens:

First scene:
    Varian is playing with his toys in the throne room of SW, orc and human figures, most orcs are standing while most humans are down. Khadgar open the door and sees Varian "So, this is where you've been hiding!". He asks Varian how the battle is going. Varian isn't happy. As if Khadgar don't know things were very bad. Varian, angry: "every orcs deserves to die". When I'm king, I'll be like Lothar and kill them all. ". Khadgar: Lothar is a soldier, he fights cos he has to. your will be a king, your duty is to find peace. Varian "i hate them. Khadgar: "I know" "But war is not always the answer, you need to understand that not all orcs are evil, even if it seems that way."You Know, the orcs came from another world, far away form ours". Khadgar does magic, showing the red/orange world. "it was dying" "It was consumed by the dark magic the fel" "the orcs had to escape. if they didn't... they would die with it." Varian: So those green monsters invaded our world!" Khadgar: "They weren't all green when they came to Azeroth bet you didn't know that." "only the ones poisoned by the fel magic" "It changed them. But we once met an orc who resisted it. One who almost stopped this war from ever happening. His name was ... Durotan"

That is a lot of exposition haha. The scene is fine, but I don't like the way it puts everything afterwards in the past. Thrall's/Durotan's narration also does it, but it is far more sutil way. Would you like the film started this way?

Note: Book says that with the low light, Khadgar's "hair did not look quite so gray, nor was the scar that ran from chin to eye quite as ugly as it appeared in the daylight"... what?

Then you would expect it to cut to Draenor and Durotan's face, but nope.... Instead, there is a scene with Medivh, 11, in the Chamber of Air, being tested by Antonidas and other mages to become the guardian. I'm not gonna describe everything as it was disgusted when I read it. Simply terrible! (my opinion) Hope this scene never sees the light of day.

Then it cuts to Durotan and his clan walking in Draenor desert, some conversation between him and Draka "you should ride instead of walk" that kinda of stuff. A scout tells that he saw the structures. Durotan and the rest walk some more and get to the place where all other orcs are camping. "So many clan in one place Ogrimm, LS, BR, WS, all have been summoned." Ogrimm: "it will be a mighty warband. Some orc "Frostwolves", "Blackhand wants to see you". "Durotan: "who is Blackhand?" Orc: "Blackhand is the leader of the Horde!" Durotan: "You lie, Gul'dan is the leader of the Horde!" Other orc: "It is Gul'dan who brought us here, he is the one that knows how to take us to a new land. He has chosen Blackhand to lead the Horde in Battle, so we will triumph over our enemies." Durotan is surprised as Gul'dan never mentioned battle, but he would do what he needed for his clan and his baby. Durotan and Ogrimm go meet Blackhand. Draka and clan stay behind and meet clan. While they go, they see orcs training for war. They meet Blackhand. Durotan says "you'll have no finer hunters in yur new Horde" Blackhand: "we will not need hunters, we will need warriors" Duratan says Guldan never mentioned "fighting for the promised land". Blackhand: Ah, but what is to savor in simply walking onto a field?" "we are orcs, and we will conquer this new world. At least.. those of us who are brave enough to fight for it. You are not afraid, are you?" Durotan "The only thing I fear are empty promises." The conversation goes on with Blackhand letting Durotan know that only a few will go thru the portal at first, and then they will build a portal there and bring the whole of the horde.

next scene: The so loved campfire scene...
    Durotan and Ogrimm return, they sit down with Draka, Drek'thar and Geyah and eat. They talk. Key things: He tells them only the young and ready to fight can go. They discuss who he should take. Draka understand she can't go, but asks for him to take Drek'tar with him. If only to heal. Durotan ends up accepting. The Grom Hellscream appears, he brings some live insects for the o eat and starts to talk with Durotan. Draka and the others move to another campfire so he can sit with Durotan. They talk. Mostly its about how Warsong is crazy about fighting and Frostwolves are all nice. The Grom mention's Gul'dan has found a way to enter another land. An Ancient artifact, long hidden in the earth. His magics led him into it, and when we arrived here, we began to dig. We have unearthed it at last, and tomorrow, we will use it." Some more talk about trusting or not Gul'dan's plan. Grom also mentions how Gul'dan's death magic makes him stronger.

next scene is seen in the film in it's integrity, the close up on Durotan, and he lays down with Draka, and asks if she can hide her fat belly, baby's name and so on.

Next scene is in the morning, clan wakes up and move to the portal area, Drek'thar hiding his white hair, Draka hiding her belly. They get to the portal area, and see the HUGE structure that is the portal. The portal was unearthed instead of built! (you can actually see the portal below ground level in a shot in the film that shows the orcs getting thru near the end of the film). Draka tells Durotan to look at the steps near the portal, and there is Gul'dan with Garona, and then the Draenei scene from the film happens. Draka, horrified, questions why the Draenei are caged, Durotan says"Does it matter" " Gul'dan is sending us through this portal, to attack whatever lies on the other side and take their land for our own, We need this land - and we need him. Right now, he can do what he pleases." Then there's Medivh's incantation and Gul'dan opens the portal.

Wow this ended up much bigger than I expected.

So these are the introduction scenes for the orcs I don't know what is next as I didn't read it yet. Might make a post telling how things truly start for the humans when i get there. If you bothered reading, what did you think of it? Would it make the movie better in your opinion?

EDIT: Fixed many typos. i know there are more, but I gotta go to bed. Sorry.
    Wow all of that sounded so awesome! I really hope this is in the director's cut! Except for the Varian/Khadgar part, it isn't so important.
    Those cut scenes sounds like great introducing the orcs and why/how they are leaving

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw it, fantastic movie, loved every minute besides the ending STORMWIND SHOULD BE IN RUINS

Pretty sure I cracked a smile every time grom and kargath showed up

Oh and I almost forget to mention that I didn't like the thing between lothar and his son, they saw such little screen time together that it was completely irrelevant.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2016-06-10 at 07:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got back from Warcraft. It was genuinely a decent movie, a lot better than what I was expecting. And the cool part is, it's good even if you don't know ANYTHING about Warcraft, and has so many nods and easter eggs for those who do.

There were some...inconsistencies with what I remember about the lore, but easy enough to overlook them in the name of a good movie.

It unfortunately has that feeling of trying to pack too much into too little time, like so many books/games to movies go. But it doesn't detract from the movie itself.
    We went to see it's first showing (to my knowledge), and there were all of like 20 people in the theater. Granted, it was 7PM on a Thursday. I just hope more people go, because I want to see a continuation of this movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.