Page 86 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    saw it last night, its not too bad.
    the way those critics reviews carried on i expected star wars prequal levels of bad.. but no it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    Yeah, well, going up from 18% to 22% is still shit.
    That's not the avg rating of the movie, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    How can you know if the chinese like it? and even if they do, it's because they are fans. Most of the fans have approved the movie, but even from fans bad reviews have poured in. Someone said he had more fun wiping in Molten Core. Another sends you to raid Scarlet Monastery instead of watching the movie lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's a conspiracy alright. You better sleep with lights on, you'll never know when they're going to get you.
    And here I was sure I made the the flawed and nonsense argumentation apparent enough to discern the in any other place obvious sarcasm (maybe not the official forum) from the usual loyal Blizzard drone posts...

Deleted

I'm afraid blizzard will continue it's orc fetish on a second movie. What got me into warcraft were night elves and undead as main attractive, may be one of the reasons the movie is not so good.
    Pretty much the same for me malfurion stormrage and arthas got me hooked on warcraft. I see why they did the story as it was the beginning but i wish they never because the people who care about that already are fans so why do it ? am i right ?. So they should of went with a 5 minutes intro with someone like morgan freeman explaining why we where at war with the orcs and where they came from and leave it with thrall working in chains just with some words like but there is one that might unite them and restore the honour of his people Boom done.

they could even link in artha into the beginning part with him leaving the encampment commenting on the orcs in a hearth felt way to make his downfall even more great when he becomes the lich king at the end in the end scene and mirror it with thrall picking up the doom hammer and become warchief.

Im starting to feel i should help make the next film

Quote Originally Posted by Propheteu View Post

Im starting to feel i should help make the next film
    Or get over yourself.

How can you know if the chinese like it? and even if they do, it's because they are fans. Most of the fans have approved the movie, but even from fans bad reviews have poured in. Someone said he had more fun wiping in Molten Core. Another sends you to raid Scarlet Monastery instead of watching the movie lol.
    China audience respects and values tech and cgi mostly in movies. so it is safe to say a high percent would like the movie.

As for the movie, i'm more of a fan to superman and the hulk , and i thought the movies weren't that great. but Warcraft movie was good by it's standard. and saying wiping in MC and preferring going to Scarlet Monastery than the movies, even if it was criticism, is pitiful and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Just got back from seeing it, was pretty good, not great as far as a general audience movie.

But it was pretty damn good for the fans
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

It was obvious that the Warcraft movie would be trash. And I'm pretty sure it's trash. The trailers indicated exactly what is happening now. Diehard fans will defend the movie but simple as that it's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It was obvious that the Warcraft movie would be trash. And I'm pretty sure it's trash. The trailers indicated exactly what is happening now. Diehard fans will defend the movie but simple as that it's horrible.
    Hi troll, can you be more negative it sounds like you love the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    Hi troll, can you be more negative it sounds like you love the movie!
    I'm just realistic. I read every Warcraft novel, I play Warcraft & WoW for more than a decade now but even as a diehard WC fan I can acknowdledge that this movie is a piece of trash. Visual stunning (except the CGI in most scences where there is interaction between Orcs and Humans), that's it.

I'm just realistic. I read every Warcraft novel, I play Warcraft & WoW for more than a decade now but even as a diehard WC fan I can acknowdledge that this movie is a piece of trash. Visual stunning (except the CGI in most scences where there is interaction between Orcs and Humans), that's it.
    The consensus of people who have watched the movie has been that the movie is flawed but not terrible as critics are saying. There are some who simply think it's terrible, and that's valid too. But truthfully, if you're 'being realistic', make up your own mind after you've seen it. Trying to validate your opinion with other opinions is biased and ignorant, not realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Couple reviews, they liked it overall

https://youtu.be/M-d8had4C00

https://youtu.be/V1ea1TSUOlc

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I can't hear you over the #1 spot it has in my country.
    If that's a reason to rate a movie as good we have serious problems with filmmaking.

34 thousand reviews from people (not critics) on rotten tomatoes and 81% of those rated it 3.5/5 or higher (avg rating 4.1) vs 95 critics who rated it low.... i think im gonna go with the 34 thousand people's opinion and guess its good.

funny how the conjuring 2 gets good critic reviews and the other movie released on the same day as warcraft and conjuring 2 also has bad critic reviews but also has good audience reviews (now you see me 2), i think critics might have been "a little" biased.

whatever people say, ill watch it and make my own opinion on it, wich is what everyone should do, i dont like to rely on others opinions, you should experience stuff before you decide if you like it or not.
    Last edited by forerofore; 2016-06-10 at 08:05 AM.

If that's a reason to rate a movie as good we have serious problems with filmmaking.
    If filmmaking is a commercial endeavor -- which it is -- then that's a criterion that cannot be dismissed.

There's a strong similarity to the (endlessly debated on these forums) question of the proper criteria for judging games.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw the movie today and I can't say its trash. Admittedly it's hardly quality cinematography but I think the criteria in this case is fun and on that front the movie certainly delivers imho, despite doing so in a, sometimes, very clumsy way.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any other objective measure?

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/warcraft
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft/

Audience and User Score is pretty higher than critics score as everyone predicted. The critics are simply disconnected to everyone else. The movie, while not a truly masterpiece, it's a really fun movie and gives exactly what it promised. It'll get a sequel and it'll be glorious!
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Do you have any other objective measure?
    People rating the movie after they have seen it, what other measurement can you use. Just because a movie brings in a lot of money doesn't mean it is good, just take a loot at Marvel who is not good but not bad either.

Big fanbase + mediocre media content = big sales