10+ Year Old Account

Arch Thief Rafam normal mode just WTF.

I got yesterday last wing in League Of Explorers adventure, and right now i try defeat Arch Thief Rafam, that one encounter when he stole our deck.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/39254...faam-destroyer

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/39196...h-thief-rafaam

I don't have most of cards such dragon egg etc. How to defeat him?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just build a deck of the shittiest cards you have

Bonus points for tossing in spells without their synergy cards (eg Sacrificial Pact without putting in demons as a Warlock, or Totemic Might as a Shaman)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I puted the most worst cards there, but still can't win, because he allways got table spamed with minions. Worst is when he summon legendaries such Gruul, Illidan etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Craft a Renounce Darkness and hope he draws it early.

EZ game.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    Also put Finley in your deck.

He'll play it and lose his boss hero power.

Easy life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Easy life.
    I never thought about this
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    If you have Jaraxxus, put it in your deck with two sacrificial pacts, the AI is dumb and will sacrifice himself as Jaraxxus. It will also BGH his own minions, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Create a warrior deck with nothing but rare cards. Mulligan for the rare spear and laugh as you SMorc him down with your invincible spear.

Why warrior? Because of Cursed Blade.

Once he equips it, it's almost game over.

Deleted
    make a deck of all one health minions no spell and play mage

All these totally different responses remind me how cool that boss encounter was.

I should really finish LoE Heroics...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    All these totally different responses remind me how cool that boss encounter was.

I should really finish LoE Heroics...
    Yeah, this made me end up going back and beating them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, this made me end up going back and beating them.
    I just did it for the card back, personally. It was the first that actually made me really want it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I just did it for the card back, personally. It was the first that actually made me really want it.
    It is one of the reasons, but I get tired of doing the same thing over and over, doing heroic is nice. Now I need to go back and finish Nax.

I started again last night - finished the first two wings (which I'd half done) and started the second. Man you forget how brutal those fights are!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Easy life.
    I've done this and never seen it do it. I find it harder to build a shitty deck than a real one LOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could be that he didn't draw it, or he did but had other plays. The AI usually works on the principle of "do I have spare mana and a minion in hand? Play that minion".

I'll see if I can get some time tonight to replicate it. I know for sure it worked when LoE first came out

EDIT: Yep. Scratch this. Made him deck out and he still didn't play Finley. Guess this has been fixed.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2016-06-09 at 07:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could be that he didn't draw it, or he did but had other plays. The AI usually works on the principle of "do I have spare mana and a minion in hand? Play that minion".

I'll see if I can get some time tonight to replicate it. I know for sure it worked when LoE first came out

EDIT: Yep. Scratch this. Made him deck out and he still didn't play Finley. Guess this has been fixed.
    I believe he still uses renounce darkness though. If he does not use Finley at all... Then he is a good card to still put in the deck.

Deleted
    His Esportal hero power is there to counter bad decks and sometimes allow him to win.

Cards like Renounce Dankness, Finley or the new paladin murloc (basically anything that changes the hero power) will make this a whole lot easier.

It's a fun encounter to see how Blizzard AI handles certain cards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    His Esportal hero power is there to counter bad decks and sometimes allow him to win.

Cards like Renounce Dankness, Finley or the new paladin murloc (basically anything that changes the hero power) will make this a whole lot easier.

It's a fun encounter to see how Blizzard AI handles certain cards.
    As mentioned, Finley doesn't work. He just won't play it, at all, ever, even when decked out.

Still have to test Renounce though; as it's newer, it may not have been coded for him not to play it.

UPDATE: He will cast Renounce. I think it's very low on his priority though, he'd held the card for a while

https://imgur.com/L3onYND

Also, for those still trying to beat the encounter, it's worth noting that your Eerie Statues may as well have taunt. The AI doesn't know they're useless and will slam every minion it has into them.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2016-06-10 at 09:28 AM.