Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

WTF with Blood of Sargeras staying BOP??

Elvine reports that there seem to be no plans to switch Blood of Sargeras back from BOP to BOE.

WTH do they push me to reroll one of the crafting professions to a gathering one? But fine, whatever, let's say it can work because there are ways to get some amounts of Blood of Sargeras from world quests, etc. The real puzzler is this:

WTF am I supposed to do with Blood of Sargeras as a double gatherer?

Save it in bank and wait until Legion mats become obsolete so I can switch to a crafting profession and make some outdated gear for myself???

Blizzard, I am in your world, enjoying your scenery, gathering nodes. Is that not what you wanted? Why the hell are you punishing me for not having a crafting profession on the main? Why the hell can I not even mail my bloods to an alt???

It's just stupid.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-10 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Yeah, I mean in the interview they made it sound like you weren't supposed to be self-sufficient on your own, you're supposed to reply on friends/guildies and the market as a whole.

Most people'll likely just go 1 gathering 1 crafting. Everything else is BoE anyway.
    I *want* to rely on friends / guildies / market, but I can't do that because I can't buy bloods and I can't sell them to anyone either.

Bloods being BoP reduce reliance on others, not increase it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bloods are for most if not all craftings profs? are they not?

There is also a shoulder enchant that gives you the ability to loot bags from killing mobs that can have the bloods in them. Crafting MUST be gated in some way or the economy for crafting will bottom out faster than you can even imagine. Stop crying.

I have to say this is just a bad move. I have a strong feeling they have some evidence and statistics that show people with 2 crafting professions have either

A. A shitload of gold
    B. Multiple Max Level Alts
    C. Both of them

The logic at the surface seems to be they want you to Switch to Gathering professions for a time to gather stuff then switch (and pay gold to max it back out) back to Crafting once you have enough materials for a while. They keep mentioning throughout this stuff they intend to make this a community endeavor but that is bullshit when the mat that the community really needs to focus on is BoP.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    There is also a shoulder enchant that gives you the ability to loot bags from killing mobs that can have the bloods in them. Crafting MUST be gated in some way or the economy for crafting will bottom out faster than you can even imagine. Stop crying.
    According to testers who gained access to it, the thing drops them significantly less than Gathering Professions, even fishing seems to have a higher drop chance.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-06-10 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

According to testers who gained access to it, the thing drops them significantly less than Gathering Professions, even fishing seems to have a higher drop chance.
    Its still another source. If there's not a gated material for crafting the items would lose value insanely fast. Not quite sure how this is hard to comprehend.

Its still another source. If there's not a gated material for crafting the items would lose value insanely fast. Not quite sure how this is hard to comprehend.
    Fel Blight remained expensive up until fucking January on Proudmoore, a High Pop (Medium after the April Changes) US Realm. Its pretty safe to assume that you are kind of incorrect, at least a bit.

Edit: https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/...re/item/127759

Double Edit: Not to mention that items upgraded to 6.2 levels still cost damn near 20k to 50k on most servers to buy if they are stated properly, that one is a bit harder to support with good ole UMJ but I implore you to check for yourself.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-06-10 at 09:26 AM.

I agree it's a bad move, especially for double gathering/crafting chars and the economy as a whole. They said that professions weren't time-gated in Legion but the Bloods being BoP is directly contradicting that because they *are* time-gating professions if you're running double crafting chars.

Questions are:
    1) What use will Bloods have for double gathering chars? (currently none)
    2) Will double crafting chars be able to gain sufficent Bloods with only WQs as reliable source?
    3) Do I have to relearn professions on all my chars for 1x Gathering and 1x Crafting professions?

IMO the best compromise would be to make the Bloods 'Bind on Account'. So every player would still have to do World Quests and farm stuff but we would be able to send our Bloods to the crafting chars.

If they made Bloods 'Bind on Equip' they could have just reduced the drop rate and/or amounts of Bloods via World Quests to limit the supply and keep them relevant for a longer time.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Read the post for once, I am a double gatherer and I am crying about not being able to do anything with these bloods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    I agree it's a bad move, especially for double gathering/crafting chars and the economy as a whole. They said that professions weren't time-gated in Legion but the Bloods being BoP is directly contradicting that because they *are* time-gating professions if you're running double crafting chars.

Questions are:
    1) What use will Bloods have for double gathering chars? (currently none)
    2) Will double crafting chars be able to gain sufficent Bloods with only WQs as reliable source?
    3) Do I have to relearn professions on all my chars for 1x Gathering and 1x Crafting professions?

IMO the best compromise would be to make the Bloods 'Bind on Account'. So every player would still have to do World Quests and farm stuff but we would be able to send our Bloods to the crafting chars.

If they made Bloods 'Bind on Equip' they could have just reduced the drop rate and/or amounts of Bloods via World Quests to limit the supply and keep them relevant for a longer time.
    Grinding stuff manually is a time gate, now?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

No-one is forcing you to go Double Crafting or Double Gathering, thus, that is your own choise. It will go slower.

But there is no arbitrary "X days" limit, in reality, outside of your own doing.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Grinding stuff manually is a time gate, now?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

No-one is forcing you to go Double Crafting or Double Gathering, thus, that is your own choise. It will go slower.

But there is no arbitrary "X days" limit, in reality, outside of your own doing.
    Oh jesus. This post. Please. Stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Read the post for once, I am a double gatherer and I am crying about not being able to do anything with these bloods.
    Double gathering always acted as a funnel ; And i am guessing, that they found that idea to be redundant.

Double gathering always acted as a funnel ; And i am guessing, that they found that idea to be redundant.
    So what you are saying is.... they are forcing you to go 1 Crafting 1 Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Yeah, I mean in the interview they made it sound like you weren't supposed to be self-sufficient on your own, you're supposed to reply on friends/guildies and the market as a whole.

Most people'll likely just go 1 gathering 1 crafting. Everything else is BoE anyway.
    Which would suck for those who stay at 2 crafting like myself. I've been BS since Vanilla and JC since BC and haven't swapped once on my main.

So because some idiot at Blizzard "found the idea to be redundant" (while some other idiots were yelling at everyone to go gather in the world), I have to switch my professions to comply with their high standards?

It is me paying them a sub, not the other way around. Just saying.

Deleted
    So what you are saying is.... they are forcing you to go 1 Crafting 1 Gathering
    Since you can aquire bloods through other means, no.

Since you can aquire bloods through other means, no.
    The other means are not optimal, they aren't even 50% of Optimal according to people who tested it. Blizzard themselves like to spout how people do whats optimal so again I ask, are they forcing us into 1 Crafting 1 Gathering?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    So because some idiot at Blizzard "found the idea to be redundant" (while some other idiots were yelling at everyone to go gather in the world), I have to switch my professions to comply with their high standards?

It is me paying them a sub, not the other way around. Just saying.
    *shrug*

I was guessing that was their reasoning, is all.

I myself have chars who have 2 Crafts and 2 Gatherings, but i don't really care, i'll just reroll if that's the case.

Deleted
    So... what about tailors? Wonder if Cloth Scavenging will 'drop' BoS like the other gathering professions.

Deleted
    The other means are not optimal, they aren't even 50% of Optimal according to people who tested it. Blizzard themselves like to spout how people do whats optimal so again I ask, are they forcing us into 1 Crafting 1 Gathering?
    You liking to do Optimal stuff != You are forced nor that it is Time gated.

There is literally no time-gated restriction, outside of your own choise of doing.