Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Actually, if you look at Reaper's default model in the Hero Gallery, his elbows do appear to be white.

How that works when Gabriel Reyes is very obviously dark-skinned IDK. Maybe Section 31 put him through the same treatment as Khan.
    Last edited by Tyrathius; 2016-06-10 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    I know that Pharah is Egyptian. Historically Egyptian people are black. But nowadays they have ligh brown skin like arabs. And in the movies and music videos egyptians are always white. So what is Pharah?
    And is Mei really chinese? I thought she was an Eskimo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post
    Aside from the Chinese name, she also speaks it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Yes, yes it does. And since reaper is neither white nor of european origin, he's definitely not caucasian...
    And as someone both said Caucasian has different common meanings. Once referring to the Caucasoid race and one just meaning white europeans

- - - Updated - - -

I know that Pharah is Egyptian. Historically Egyptian people are black. But nowadays they have ligh brown skin like arabs. And in the movies and music videos egyptians are always white. So what is Pharah?
    You answered your own question.

Reaper is Mexican, You can tell by his Orgins edition skin.

He also has Mariachi themed legendary skins.

As for his arms, in the reveal trailer for Overwatch, his arms are actually skin tone white, leading me to believe that maybe originally he was planned to just be White, like Solider. In the Hero gallery its more like T-Shirt white, like Reaper is wearing some kind of undergarment.

I made a post on the official forms about it trying to see if anyone had any insight but it never took off.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    As for his arms, in the reveal trailer for Overwatch, his arms are actually skin tone white, leading me to believe that maybe originally he was planned to just be White, like Solider.
    It might have something to do with the method used to revive him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Caucasian is white I think you mean Hispanic. Pharah is Egyptian, does it really matter exactly what skin tone every hero is?
    Hispanic isn't a race. It's geographical origin. You can be black, white or Asian Hispanic. US census reflects that (and since Reaper is from US, it makes sense to use their nomenclature). Most Hispanics are Caucasian. So are Egyptians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Winston is a Gorilla >,>
    Cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    He looks more Slavic definitely not black.
    slavs got white skin and most of them got light hair and blue eyes. What are you smoking ?

10+ Year Old Account
    On the Overwatch trailer it certainly looks like is white and those are bits of skin inbetween his armour but ingame it looks more like cloth, maybe they hadnt decided Reaper was black when they did the announcement trailer and changed their minds after. Or the experiments changed him like they did Widow, he is actually white like a ghost rather than caucasian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Egyptian people were never black tho

Is this one of those racial representation threads
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

historically, egyptians aren't black, but they aren't white either. they were something different from other races we have to today. they may have been something between caucazoid and congoid.

pharah is a modern day egyptian, which is basically arab.

Deleted
    People who think like the OP are the reason we can't have nice things.z

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    Is this one of those racial representation threads
    We had one about gays, it was bound to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    People who think like the OP are the reason we can't have nice things.z

- - - Updated - - -

We had one about gays, it was bound to happen.
    You'll just have to make do with the things you've already got. Be content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Actually, if you look at Reaper's default model in the Hero Gallery, his elbows do appear to be white.

How that works when Gabriel Reyes is very obviously dark-skinned IDK. Maybe Section 31 put him through the same treatment as Khan.
    Or, he's wearing some sort of white clothing under his coat. /gasp

- - - Updated - - -

Well, when the creators of the game says she is, she very likely is, dont'cha think? And just because Hollywood/producers cast -gasp- white people in roles of Egyptian characters doesn't all of a sudden mean that the entire nation is white, no?

i doubt Symmetra in Hindu. She may have obsorbed her culture and philosophies but she comes off as an atheist who puts order and tech above all else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Winston is black. Most of the OW characters are European or Asian. Just counted them out.

European: 5
    Asian: 7
    American: 4
    Australian: 2
    African: 1
    Moonape: 1
    Unknown: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Junkrat australia or new zealand? how do u know the diff between those 2?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    Reaper is mexican and Lucio is puerto rican.
    Lucio is a Brazilian.

Lúcio Correia dos Santos grew up in Rio de Janeiro, in a poor and crowded favela that was hit hard by the financial upheaval following the Omnic Crisis. As Brazil began the long process of recovery, he wanted to find a way to lift the spirits of those around him. He found his answer in music and its power to bring people together and even help them forget their troubles, if only for a short time. He performed on street corners, in block parties, and as he got older, at a string of legendary underground shows.