Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Isn't it obvious? They were focusing on other games.
    This. Despite of some ppl were telling us, that "It's separate games, separate teams, not affected by each other, blah blah blah", but it was happening in the past too - Ruby Sanctum was delayed due to preparations for Starcraft release.

Also. WOD was obviously abandoned half way to it's end, as it also happened both with Cata and MOP. There two possibilities - good and bad:
    Good - Blizzard abandon xpack, when they realize, that direction of development is wrong and moving towards this direction can cause more damage, than content drought
    Bad - Blizzard abandon xpack, simply due to lack of budget. I.e. if sub numbers are too low and bring too few money - development of current xpack is being abandoned.

Biggest problem - bad variant is more probable, as in Legion Blizzard don't change direction of development and continue towards concept, that have already failed in WOD.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

They just answered this as a side question in the questions that Towel/sloot/sparty asked during the interviews. It was because they expected Legion to be out faster and made faster but they couldn't get it out as fast as they thought (good, we'd have another wod with a shitload of scrapped content in that case) so they had to backtrack and we have what we have now.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    And I told you why it's a bullshit argument.
    If you want to be that way, I think your entire line of reasoning is bullshit. And my reasoning at least qualifies as actual reasoning.

No as a company they want our money, and if they only want it if we enjoy their product they are bad at doing business!
    Seriously? Since when was striving to have happy customers bad for business? Long term, happy customers are far more important than money grubbing in the short term.

I'm arguing that if Blizzard is not run by idiots, they should wand to push out more content and explain to their customers why they fail at it so often.
    What they want and what is realistically possible are two different things. They "fail" so often because their objectives and goals are unrealistic. That being said, I think it's a good thing that they aim high and "fail" than aim low. I just think it's a pity that a lot of their critics feel justified in judging their performance from a position of such ignorance. Grow up dude. Life is full of disappointments and raging at people who in your eyes "fail" in spite of their best efforts is only going to make you a miserable person.

No we paid for all content, but if you have done "all" old content, you want new content or you leave. Blizzard wants your money, so it makes sense to provide a constant stream of new content.
    Like I keep saying, I am sure that if it was feasible, this would be the case. The fact is that it doesn't make sense to expect a constant stream of new content because it takes time to produce. You can't dictate the rate of content development based on whimsical wants, you base it on what people can produce.

What a dungeon every two months would be to much to ask? Or a freaking battleground for once? Spare me with your whiteknight bullshit.
    Evidently, yes, a dungeon every two months is too much to ask. You accuse me of being a white knight? I accuse you of being thoroughly ignorant about how long it takes to produce this stuff. But I don't even need to be an expert in engineering to understand this, I just need to evaluate the evidence. Which means that you are also not very good at critical thinking. As you yourself have so eloquently pointed out, it would be in Blizzard's best interests to produce a lot more content. Do you really think that they would be producing content slowly if they had the capability to produce it faster?

Just because you don't reality, doesn't mean it's bullshit. Learn to tell the difference.

And I'm arguing, if they want a content high sub-number, which means a load of stable income, they should provide content at a pace that leave little to no room for complaints, yes. Hell people are okay with 4 months for a raid tier, some even with 6... that's a lot of time they have to produce new content!
    Tell you what. When you grow up, go start your own software company and show Blizzard how it is done!

I never argued for not charging, I argue from IF THEY WANT MY MONEY, they have to cater to ME. So if they want the money of the majority, they have to cater to the majority.
    Actually your argument has been that it is ridiculous that they charge a subscription during times of no new content, and that they should solve this issue by simply snapping their fingers and making more content. I am telling you that your expectations are not realisable. You ain't getting more content faster. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Actually your argument has been that it is ridiculous that they charge a subscription during times of no new content, and that they should solve this issue by simply snapping their fingers and making more content. I am telling you that your expectations are not realisable. You ain't getting more content faster. Deal with it.
    If Legion is going to do what they are saying it will in the interviews right now, he'd be getting more content faster. Just saying.

Overall, your position is that since doing content is in Blizzard's interests and since they aren't doing much of it, it must be because that's the objective boundaries on how much the devs can produce bla bla bla (or that maybe we should redefine the word 'much' with respect to content). It's a fickle position of arguing from not knowing the details. In reality, there are mishaps, mismanagement and plain inability. It is seen all over WoD, you look at reps and you notice immediately that they are just unfinished, you look at instances and you notice right away that nobody took time to think about how quickly they will evaporate as content, etc, there are tens of *easily* fixed things that went live because they were rushing things, because they were too inept to see the faults, because they were stupid enough to care mostly about a couple of directions which ultimately didn't work (Ashran... OMG, that relentless focus on this stupidity while PVP was lying in ruins). Mismanagement and inability - that's why we have little content, ultimately not enough to keep people subbed. Not because it is impossible or even so damn hard to produce more / better. If they succeed with Legion (I wouldn't bet on it, but who knows), this will be demonstrated plenty.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-10 at 09:33 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Isn't it obvious? They were focusing on other games.
    Isn't It obvious? They don't care about WoW anymore. They'd rather let It die off as due to their banning policies they don't care anymore
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    WoD wasn't going well so they dropped everything and focused on legion.
    I used to think this but then Legion wouldn't have been so far off. Personally I think they must have scrapped whatever they had in store for WoD midway, diverted resources elsewhere (to OW probably) and then decided to just work on Legion once they finally came back to focusing on WoW instead of trying to salvage WoD.

I know people will bitch at me and explain how different games have completely different staff but then there's no explanation for WoD.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-06-10 at 09:28 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Does it matter, if Blizz ever gave an explonation?

People project ideas without proof, like it's going out of style.

No, but the next one will be better. And maybe will have more dungeons. And Content will feel...

Reading blizzard interviews feels very similiar to listening to alcoholics telling you about their new and improved actually serious plan about quiting alcohol.
    Not that that will stop Legion from being awesome for a couple of month per content patch. I just wish they would cut the PR crap.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Why do they need to give an explanation? WoW has had long content droughts since wotlk so its nothing new in wod.
    The dev interviews just posted make more questions for me, than answered - they cut Arrakoa and Shadow Council content, they didn't do a bunch of stuff because they ran out of time. Why?

Something broke, internally, is the best I can guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It was because they expected Legion to be out faster and made faster but they couldn't get it out as fast as they thought (good, we'd have another wod with a shitload of scrapped content in that case) so they had to backtrack and we have what we have now.
    Legion looks even smaller than WoD tbh.

Deleted
    Those fucking asshats are planning yet ANOTHER stat squish. This is the completely unwanted bullshit they waste dev time on.
    8.0 is gonna be a very shitty expansion again.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Are you kidding, trying to troll or just very uninformed? Have you seen how much content there is in Legion compared to WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Are you kidding, trying to troll or just very uninformed? Have you seen how much content there is in Legion compared to WoD?
    Count it, you'd be surprised. I wouldn't say that Legion is smaller than WoD, but it sure as heck doesn't look much bigger, only maybe marginally. And even that hinges on a few key things we have no idea about (related to reward scaling).

Quote Originally Posted by Nofunallowed View Post
    The Blizzdrones are out in full force today. No, they haven't signed a contract that states they can't last more than a year.

But when they come out and say they're going to make shorter expansions so we don't get a year+ of the last raid tier then you kinda expect them to do what they're saying they will.
    Please link that quote of them saying they were making shorter expansions so they don't have content droughts at the end? They have stated a goal of trying to make shorter expansions and trying lessen the end of expansion droughts. That is completely different from flat out saying we are making shorter expansions so their is no year long or longer end raid tiers. But then that would not fit the narrative now would it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Count it, you'd be surprised. I wouldn't say that Legion is smaller than WoD, but it sure as heck doesn't look much bigger, only maybe marginally. And even that hinges on a few key things we have no idea about (related to reward scaling).
    As someone who was extremely excited for WoD and found nothing to do that I wanted to do after about two months of casual play time, I can say that i have significantly more play time in alpha/beta than in the first two months of WoD and I have not run out of things I find interesting and fun. Regardless of physical size there is plenty more content and stuff NYI, it is definitely bigger, especially with the front page news of a mega dungeon coming in 7.1 and three raid tiers.

Immersion and #SAVAGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I've coded for a private Ultima Online server and made plenty of custom scripts. It took me about a week to integrate a custom materia system(a'la FF7), including graphics, about 40 spells and things that altered the spells, a leveling system, drop system, etc. A small time learning programmer did that in a week.

I don't really know what you're trying to say, that private servers are more efficient than blizzards server? Not sure why you stopped at my first couple of words and skipped the rest. What about FF14? They don't have the money, size nor scope of the blizzard team - and still manage to churn out more regular and sizable chunks of content.
    I'm saying all that private servers do is small edits to create custom dungeons, they don't make models, they don't have to animate anything. They change numbers and names, loot tables e.t.c

You can make a custom dungeon on a private server in little more than 10 minutes. People use it as a reference, and wonder why Blizzard can't achieve the same pace, it's because they have to do everything the private servers don't. Fact of the matter is, if blizzard chucked out a dungeon that was hard because you get 1hit by the bosses, and it was a mindless farm with no backstory, or mechanics there would be hell to pay. That's all the custom content is on a private server.

People need to stop comparing them. I have ran my own sandbox for me and friends in the past, It's easy and EVERYTHING you need to make something work is available on a certain forum. The people running them don't put much work in at all. The fundamentals that make it all work as well as it does is a joined effort of hundreds of people over multiple years, Mangos was absolutely terrible at first, it's been worked on for years now it's pretty damn stable. These people are running a 6 year old game, ofcourse there's an abundance of custom content, as I've said before, it's all available on a certain forum. THOUSANDS of scripts e.t.c that will get whatever you want working. Take a look at WoD servers, plenty of time to develop there, the base game for a "blizzlike" experience isn't even there yet. Talents not working, dungeon mechanics broken...
    Last edited by thunterman; 2016-06-10 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Not sure how to answer, this is just flat out wrong.

Only having 3 raids and nothing to do after that really was awful.

Garrisons were okay at best but then just turned into a gold farm if you logged on every day.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Kotaku just posted an interview where Chilton sheds a little light on this:

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-talks-wor...mor-1781753136

WoD was planned and designed as a fast, quick expansion, but they screwed up because Legion was more work than they thought, and throwing people at the problem didn't help.

Makes sense...kind of. IF Legion was going to take longer than thought - why did you cut Arrakoa and Shadow Council content? And the Shattrath raid? Are you saying Legion was so much work, you had to pull people off of content patches for WoD to make Legion? If so, that's just shitty management - and Chilton's ability to manage this game is called into serious question.

It also doesnt explain why WoD took so long to come out, the drought after SoO isn't explained by "Legion is hard" - unless you pulled people off WoD back then in SoO to start Legion, in which case, bad management again.

I think he's telling the truth - but a partial truth. I'm leaning more towards they abandoned the expansion, because Chilton fucked up managing his resources, so they bit the bullet, went bunker mode, and waited out the firestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Those fucking asshats are planning yet ANOTHER stat squish. This is the completely unwanted bullshit they waste dev time on.
    8.0 is gonna be a very shitty expansion again.
    trolling?
    tinfoil hat melting?
    do you even understand the topics that you talk about?