Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Overwatch Signatures + Overwatch API System

@MMO-Champion Moderators/Staff if this is not allowed here please simply Delete it & send me a PM please so i am aware, as this is directly advertising anything other than a Signature service/beneficial API and we couldn't figure out via your rules if it was allowed or not, we are taking the chance to post it, but could also be used by the MMO-C Forums via an API link or simple statistics display for the members :P

Hey!, as of yet there has been no news on a dedicated API system for overwatch, so myself & a friend have been dedicating the good part of a week and a half to providing you guys the Players & the developers with a working API system.

Ontop of the API system we have made a small Signature generator which pulls statistics from your profile it's self, it's incredibly simple to use, but it's still also being actively developed to make it easier for use, but is fully functional.

Example of Signature:

To generate your own please visit our Generator: https://lootbox.eu/#signature

ERRORS?
    Signature not being Generated? we're more than happy to Debug the issue and provide you the correct signature as well as explain what went wrong, but we can't do that without some simple information otherwise we wouldn't know what you were trying to generate, so Please private message Myself or reply to this thread with the Following form filled in

Code:
    Console/PC (xbl/ps4/pc):
    Region (us/eu/global(ps4/xbl only):
    Battle-Tag (Capitalization needs to be 100% Accurate):
    Icon (Avatar? Or Hero?) Aka When generating what Icon did you request, Your own icon or a hero specific Icon?:
    Do we have Permission to post your signature on this thread once we have Debugged the issue? If not we can PM it back to you (we would also reply via pm if you PM us directly):

As the API is pretty self explanatory we will not be providing information here as it's not needed, however here is a link towards our documentation: https://api.lootbox.eu/documentation

You can also access the Generator via our Website.

TS3: ts3.lootbox.eu
    Twitter: lootboxAPI

- - - Updated - - -

If people wish to create Backgrounds & such usable via our generator for not only yourself but others, feel free to PM/DM myself & we can sort something out !
    Last edited by mmoc5242775626; 2016-09-06 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting current avatar doesn't seem to work. I'm using the Diablo one in-game and it shows up as Mercy's wing (Like in your signature)

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant get any of the 3 options to work for me but I am gonna try a couple more times.

Edit: Got it to work. Thanks for you and your team's work on this. Now if I could just find a regular group of people to play with I would be all set. Never really played an online fps this much, so my skill isn't up to others but I am getting pretty damn good.
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2016-06-10 at 07:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Getting current avatar doesn't seem to work. I'm using the Diablo one in-game and it shows up as Mercy's wing (Like in your signature)
    Hey Mehman, unfortunately it's down to Caching, because we don't physically save the avatars from our end the cache goes between the latest ones used, to counter this we're looking at 2 things, saving avatars when generated, or allowing users to simply select their avatar from a dropdown on our website unfortunately as they're all untitled it would be titled 1-80, hopefully we will resolve this today/tomorrow, unfortunately we struggled with a few minor DDOS attacks last night and we're in the middle of setting up a new server to counter these issues.

A simple question, would you prefer it to automatically pick yours, or select an icon from a menu (if all were available rather than just the ones you own?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I cant get any of the 3 options to work for me but I am gonna try a couple more times.

Edit: Got it to work. Thanks for you and your team's work on this. Now if I could just find a regular group of people to play with I would be all set. Never really played an online fps this much, so my skill isn't up to others but I am getting pretty damn good.
    Hey Harry! i'm glad you got it to work, mind if i ask what/where you struggled exactly so that we can improve the Signature?

I got mine to work, and I see Harry's just fine, but yours keeps changing and glitching everytime I reload the page. Interesting.

Since the avatar is the buggiest part, could you make a no-avatar one? Just the info.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-06-10 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for this, also testing to see if it works, didn't appear in the preview

edit: Not sure why mine isn't working, IMG https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/us/Ben-125.../signature.png /IMG
    Last edited by palladish; 2016-06-10 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korle View Post
    Hey Mehman, unfortunately it's down to Caching, because we don't physically save the avatars from our end the cache goes between the latest ones used, to counter this we're looking at 2 things, saving avatars when generated, or allowing users to simply select their avatar from a dropdown on our website unfortunately as they're all untitled it would be titled 1-80, hopefully we will resolve this today/tomorrow, unfortunately we struggled with a few minor DDOS attacks last night and we're in the middle of setting up a new server to counter these issues.

A simple question, would you prefer it to automatically pick yours, or select an icon from a menu (if all were available rather than just the ones you own?)
    Yeah okay, that makes sense.

I'd prefer it to pick my avatar, because there's a reason I've gone with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post

edit: Not sure why mine isn't working, IMG https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/us/Ben-125.../signature.png /IMG
    I think you spelled Reinhardt wrong?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Harry! i'm glad you got it to work, mind if i ask what/where you struggled exactly so that we can improve the Signature?
    Hoinestly it was me. I didn't pay close enough attention to changing the # to a -. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Thanks it worked!

10+ Year Old Account
    Test test

Deleted

Hey Palladish, you've misspelt the reinhardt in the actual URL, you have "reinheirdt" it should be "reinhardt"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I got mine to work, and I see Harry's just fine, but yours keeps changing and glitching everytime I reload the page. Interesting.

Since the avatar is the buggiest part, could you make a no-avatar one? Just the info.
    We can definitely make one without an avatar, we have a few issues to fix with the API system first, as well as an issue with the Avatars, once we fix them we will look at one without an avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Yeah okay, that makes sense.

I'd prefer it to pick my avatar, because there's a reason I've gone with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you spelled Reinhardt wrong?

Yup he definitely miss-spelt it, it is indeed an issue with the Avatars, we are looking into it at the moment, it seems to relate to caching, we are 100% going to resolve this.

By the way, "Most played character: Torbjörn" appears as "Most played character: Torbjörn", either change the character codification or just spell it Torbjorn. You may have a similar problem with Lúcio.

Deleted
    By the way, "Most played character: Torbjörn" appears as "Most played character: Torbjörn", either change the character codification or just spell it Torbjorn. You may have a similar problem with Lúcio.
    Hey soul thanks for the report, will add it to the list

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet thanks! It worked for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Palladish, you've misspelt the reinhardt in the actual URL, you have "reinheirdt" it should be "reinhardt"

Yup he definitely miss-spelt it, it is indeed an issue with the Avatars, we are looking into it at the moment, it seems to relate to caching, we are 100% going to resolve this.
    Lol what? I used the generator so looks like the website has it wrong

Thanks anyway
    Last edited by palladish; 2016-06-10 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The signatures are nice, I just noticed one little thing that you might be able to make improvements on.

The number in the corner is clearly character level, however, it doesn't show prestiged levels. So I'm 100+14 (prestiged and went to level 14 again) and it only shows me as level 14 without any other indicator.

Might be able to get it to add a star or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    The signatures are nice, I just noticed one little thing that you might be able to make improvements on.

The number in the corner is clearly character level, however, it doesn't show prestiged levels. So I'm 100+14 (prestiged and went to level 14 again) and it only shows me as level 14 without any other indicator.

Any chance we can get your battle tag so that we can see how the information is displayed so that we can add extensions for prestige

testing testing

edit: Sweet it worked

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance we can get your battle tag so that we can see how the information is displayed so that we can add extensions for prestige
    Sure, I PM'd it to you.

Deleted
    This should now be fixed

Lol what? I used the generator so looks like the website has it wrong

Thanks anyway
    This should now be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post

This should now be fixed, it's not pretty atm, we're looking for a designer to improve the background/displayable information.

We've also updated the Avatar system, it now calls all avatars from our server directly so that there are no more caching issues with the avatars that aren't yours but speed wise we're still trying to improve, so feel free to use /avatar/ again!

We've also updated the generator on our Website to reflect this change !