Quote Originally Posted by kilrans View Post
    I am curious about the relic slots on the artifact weapons, can you as arms receive a relic that only benefits prot or fury? Or will you only receive relics that benefit your current spec and equipped artifact weapon?
    I saw a WQ pop up once that had a relic reward for Arms, but I was spec'd Fury (and loot-spec'd Fury). That could have been a bug, but I'm not sure about how the loot-spec rules apply to WQ's. But I assume that raid/dungeon drops and quest rewards will follow the usual loot-spec rules.

Deleted
    Current theory on talents.

4p set bonus will warrant slam/ww spam and as such they want us to take:

1. Pure Single Target: Dauntless/OP + Ava + IftK + Trauma + OppS
    2. Council / Twins: SS + FoB + Mortal Combo + Trauma + OppS/Ravager
    3. Burst AoE: Dauntless + Ava + IftK + Trauma + OppS/Ravager*
    4. Continuous AoE: Dauntless + FoB + IftK + Trauma

Rend, Titanic Might are left out completely.
    Maybe they expect us to take them on Council/Twins fight to keep on both targets simultaneously?
    Does CS on the second target increase SS damage? Does it double-dip?
    Last edited by mmoc14553d1068; 2016-06-09 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post

4p set bonus will warrant slam spam and as such they want us to take:

Maybe they expect us to take them on Council/Twins fight to keep on both targets simultaneously?
    Does CS on the second target increase SS damage? Does it double-tip?
    I suspect they will change the wording of the set bonus to be the same as the new Tactician.

CS does not double dip because sweeping strikes actually casts mortal strike and execute on both targets rather than copying damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Caargon View Post
    Did you actually play Wrath and earlier? Weapon swapping was awful, it reset your swing timer every time, it screwed your rage generation, and your own latency fucked you as often as not. You can slap the graphics of changing weapons onto abilities all you want, actually mechanically requiring us to do that was fucking dogshit.

I kinda suspect any talent will always lose to IFTK in PvE because that one talent makes sub-20% gameplay better-flowing and FUN instead of, well, you know.
    I've been playing since patch 1.9.

That said, I agree, the removal of weapon swapping was a god send. Still just having the animation of dstance switch your weapon appearance to that of sword and board so you could tell that your damage has increased and you are now tankier. It also fits class fantasy flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post

4p set bonus will warrant slam/ww spam and as such they want us to take:

1. Pure Single Target: Dauntless/OP + Ava + IftK + Trauma + OppS
    2. Council / Twins: SS + FoB + Mortal Combo + Trauma + OppS/Ravager
    3. Burst AoE: Dauntless + Ava + IftK + Trauma + OppS/Ravager*
    4. Continuous AoE: Dauntless + FoB + IftK + Trauma

Rend, Titanic Might are left out completely.
    Does CS on the second target increase SS damage? Does it double-dip?
    OppS doesnt compete with ravager at all when it comes to aoe burst. Its also clunky to not have AM if you pick avatar and you probably wouldnt go with avatar if you pick ravager.

If both targets have CS debuff, they will both benefit from the debuff once each, no double-dip. SS just makes Execute and MS a 2 target ability and has the same rules that any other aoe ability have (or well execute can hit a 2nd target thats above 20%).
    Last edited by Khelon; 2016-06-10 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

That said, I agree, the removal of weapon swapping was a god send. Still just having the animation of dstance switch your weapon appearance to that of sword and board so you could tell that your damage has increased and you are now tankier. It also fits class fantasy flawlessly.
    Pretty sure his question was rhetorical.

Using a shield animation has been done previously with Shield Wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    OppS doesnt compete with ravager at all when it comes to aoe burst. Its also clunky to not have AM if you pick avatar and you probably wouldnt go with avatar if you pick ravager.

If both targets have CS debuff, they will both benefit from the debuff once each, no double-dip. SS just makes Execute and MS a 2 target ability and has the same rules that any other aoe ability have (or well execute can hit a 2nd target thats above 20%).
    Agree on AM/Avatar for the most part, though Avatar is certainly a good choice for Ravager. Ravager is meant for mass/burst AoE, which precludes the use of Rend, and while you might think Fervor is a good pick, it loses a lot of value if you're only making use of it in 7 second intervals once a minute or more. Fervor is instead better for constant/low health cleave - times in which targets come out too often for Ravager to handle alone, and don't persist long enough to make use of Rend.

Last I saw they already did that with defensive stance where your character equips a horde/alliance shield as long as you're in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caargon View Post
    Last I saw they already did that with defensive stance where your character equips a horde/alliance shield as long as you're in it.
    So yea weapon swapping isn't the issue. Just would love to have that play into our class fantasy with animation and abilities. Shield block with revenge spam felt great and having the added utility of shield slam dispel. But now I'm just reminiscing.

Just want the tools to be able to take on a moderately skilled opponent is all 1v1. No heals, no defenses, no plays to outsmart just leaves the spec so barren outside team coordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

7+ Year Old Account
    So yea weapon swapping isn't the issue. Just would love to have that play into our class fantasy with animation and abilities. Shield block with revenge spam felt great and having the added utility of shield slam dispel. But now I'm just reminiscing.

Just want the tools to be able to take on a moderately skilled opponent is all 1v1. No heals, no defenses, no plays to outsmart just leaves the spec so barren outside team coordination.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LftVFbJ4iO8

The memories of years past...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yup. /10 char.
    Lol nice, am having a lot of fun with prophecy. Leveling a bladefall poison sabo. I saw you post in the thread where this guy made up all the Lost treasures stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
    Lol nice, am having a lot of fun with prophecy. Leveling a bladefall poison sabo. I saw you post in the thread where this guy made up all the Lost treasures stuff.
    I play mostly melee and help maintain the main Cyclone guide. Fun way to pass time.

I play mostly melee and help maintain the main Cyclone guide. Fun way to pass time.
    My disappointment when I open up the arms thread to read an Archimtiros post, and it's about some other game lol!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    My disappointment when I open up the arms thread to read an Archimtiros post, and it's about some other game lol!
    sorry went a bit off topic there xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure something else will make me angry before too long.

Deleted
    What do you think about warrior arms capacity for lvling 100 to 110? Should i go fury instead of arms?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSniper View Post
    What do you think about warrior arms capacity for lvling 100 to 110? Should i go fury instead of arms?
    More or less interchangable. Personally I prefer Arms because it's simpler and quicker due to not having to ramp Enrage/Rage for Rampage, but it's a fairly minor difference. Arms can suffer from chain pulling due to unreliable CS resets, but this isn't a huge issue if you actually make use of all your tools (Warbreaker, Reck when CS isn't available, baseline Bladestorm, etc). Conversely, Fury has less consistent chain healing due to the lack of Victory Rush; meanwhile Fury's Enraged Regeneration works fine, but the cooldown means you're more likely to have downtime.

Inc argument from random who says "Fury leveling works fine for me" without reading the whole post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    [*]Also, is this Tactician change a nerf to AoE with WW?
    - WW Tactician procs would no longer be increased with more targets hit, just the base cost of WW... An unintended nerf due to the change?

[/LIST]
    I don't see hows that a nerf. If WW would also apply CS on all targets in aoe type of situation, it would be a nerf. U can keep CS on only 1 target anyway, which I prolly waste of GCD, and u better off just spamming WW/Cleave.
    Also, i know it was discussed before, but Tactician proc does seem low even with 30% perk. I think perks on artifact weapon should give u a freedom to go wherever u want without your DPS suffering greatly. This way we are kinda forced to go for Exploit the weakness right? This could be solved by cranking up rate do 1% and nerf Expoit the weakness just enough to not be OP but u still want to have it just as much as any other perk.
    Last edited by mmoc258135eb5a; 2016-06-10 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post
    I think perks on artifact weapon should give u a freedom to go wherever u want without your DPS suffering greatly. This way we are kinda forced to go for Exploit the weakness right? This could be solved by cranking up rate do 1% and nerf Expoit the weakness just enough to not be OP but u still want to have it just as much as any other perk.
    Nerfing a Minor trait also means you nerf the relic slot for that ability. If you want to buff the baseline ability and nerf the relic, it should be something more than just "oh I feel forced to pick it pls nerf".

Deleted
    More or less interchangable. Personally I prefer Arms because it's simpler and quicker due to not having to ramp Enrage/Rage for Rampage, but it's a fairly minor difference. Arms can suffer from chain pulling due to unreliable CS resets, but this isn't a huge issue if you actually make use of all your tools (Warbreaker, Reck when CS isn't available, baseline Bladestorm, etc). Conversely, Fury has less consistent chain healing due to the lack of Victory Rush; meanwhile Fury's Enraged Regeneration works fine, but the cooldown means you're more likely to have downtime.
    That's exactly what I was wondering still, thanks for the insights.

One of the main reasons I'm going back to my Warrior in Legion is because how much I enjoy going out in world zones and doing quest-like content there. Chainpulling as a Warrior is one of the most enjoyable experiences in that regard so I was eager how it looked in Legion with all the changes out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    Nerfing a Minor trait also means you nerf the relic slot for that ability. If you want to buff the baseline ability and nerf the relic, it should be something more than just "oh I feel forced to pick it pls nerf".
    Feeling forced is good enough reason for me. For first few months u will have only 9 points to spend on artifact perks. And now by the looks of it u will have to go up to Shattered Defenses.