Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    stormwind shouldn't even exist in the way that it's curently portrayed as a big main human city with stormwind logos
    it's suppose to be medium to small sized outpost city still under the rule of lordaeron with lordaeron logos
    it did not become seperate from lordaeron untill after warcraft 3 frozen throne
    yet lordaeron logos are nowhere, and it's never mentioned in any of the leaks/trailers

and if they fucked up the lore to copy wow stormwind
    stormwind is suppose to be surrounded by mountains from all sides it is not suppose to have a fucking harbour and hero call boards untill wrath of lich king and beyond
    they're suppose to be in lordaeron....
    this is suppose to be based on orcs vs humans warcraft 1
    not warcraft vanilla
    lordaeron is the main city of humans for fuck sake blizzard
    stormwind is suppose to be a small town not a giant city in orcs vs humans warcraft 1 compared to lordaeron
    the movie is suppose to be based on the rts not wow vanilla

not only that but they made a stormwind with a fucking harbour
    the harbour is not suppose to come till wrath of the lich king so not only have they failed to follow the rts lore about locations but they failed to follow the wow vanilla lore about locations
    and here we are with floods of qq about brown orcs and no one is even noticing this major butt probe to the story which is the location it's set in

and then there is a fucking dwarf..who are suppose to be enemies with the humans in orcs vs humans rts
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent opening post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. ... I award you no points, and may Elune have mercy on your soul.

Stormwind is not a part of the nation of Lordaeron, it is its own nation. Stormwind City is its capital. Your initial point being wrong just makes everything else a cascade of wrong. You should write an angry letter to who ever you got your information from. I hope so much its a novel, those things prove themselves to be shit tier lore every time they are quoted.

Adding the harbour is a nil point, they needed boats to travel from Stormwind to Southshore, so assuming that the habour was always there isn't even remotely difficult and that doesn't even take into account the fact that the city was razed to the ground which should be your main gripe if you had any. Stormwind city shouldn't even be called that when its actually New Stormwind.

Dwarves didn't even exist in WC1 lore, and even if they were added for context they weren't enemies because otherwise that would mean the Dwarves completely backflipped when they joined the Alliance during the 2nd part of the war.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-06-10 at 11:41 AM.

I don't know, I liked the movie, maybe because I went knowing that it was Warcraft the movie, not World of Warcraft, nor Warcraft the carbon-copy.

People hate it for many reasons, a lot being because edgy and cool, is edgy and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Not gonna repeat what others have already said. The only question on my mind is how important was Lordaeron during the first war anyway? I was always under the impression it was the de-facto human / alliance capital up until the third war and Stormwind was just another human kingdom but this movie makes it seem like Stormwind used to hold Lordaeron's position... so did power get transferred when Stormwind was razed? Should brush up on my lore.
    Lordaeron was not involved in the first War at all. The First war was something that happened half a continent away to another nation from their eyes.

Lordaeron got involved when the survivors of the sacking of Stormwind arrived in Lordaeron with Lothar. The Orcs followed and started the Second War. This is also when the Alliance is formed as the Orks lay siege to Ironforge and threatened the forests of Silvermoon. The Dwarfs and Elves allied with Lordaeron (the strongest Human faction) and the other human kingdoms and drove the Orks back to the Dark Portal.

After the Second War Stormwind was rebuilt.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Lordaeron was not involved in the first War at all. The First war was something that happened half a continent away to another nation from their eyes.

Lordaeron got involved when the survivors of the sacking of Stormwind arrived in Lordaeron with Lothar. The Orcs followed and started the Second War. This is also when the Alliance is formed as the Orks lay siege to Ironforge and threatened the forests of Silvermoon. The Dwarfs and Elves allied with Lordaeron (the strongest Human faction) and the other human kingdoms and drove the Orks back to the Dark Portal.

After the Second War Stormwind was rebuilt.
    Thanks, that sort of clears things up. But then how important was Lordaeron back then in relation to Stormwind? Same importance, different kingdom? I think I got confused because at the end of the movie various dwarves, high elves and human leaders can be seen sitting there and the crowd even chants 'for the Alliance', which made me question how important Stormwind really was during the first war.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Thanks, that sort of clears things up. But then how important was Lordaeron back then in relation to Stormwind? Same importance, different kingdom? I think I got confused because at the end of the movie various dwarves, high elves and human leaders can be seen sitting there and the crowd even chants 'for the Alliance', which made me question how important Stormwind really was during the first war.
    Really? How can you not know that based purely on putting 1 and 1 together. There is a King of Lordaeron (Terenas), and a King of Stormwind (Llane) - 2 different kingdoms. The idiots sitting around a table chanting like cheer leaders is fan service. It would be like all the NATO commanders sitting around a table chanting "FOR THE ALLIANCE, FOR THE ALLIANCE". It would never have happened if it wasn't for yet another watering down of the lore to make the movie. The Dwarves and Elves would have been included in any meeting that did occur because they all joined in the Alliance once the nation of Stormwind fell at the end of the first war.

stormwind shouldn't even exist in the way that it's curently portrayed as a big main human city with stormwind logos
    it's suppose to be medium to small sized outpost city still under the rule of lordaeron with lordaeron logos
    yet lordaeron logos are nowhere, and it's never mentioned in any of the leaks/trailers

stormwind is suppose to be surrounded by mountains from all sides it is not suppose to have a fucking harbour and hero call boards untill wrath of lich king and beyond
    not warcraft vanilla
    stormwind is suppose to be a small town not a giant city in orcs vs humans warcraft 1 compared to lordaeron

the harbour is not suppose to come till wrath of the lich king so not only have they failed to follow the rts lore about locations but they failed to follow the wow vanilla lore about locations
    and here we are with floods of qq about brown orcs and no one is even noticing this major butt probe to the story which is the location it's set in

and then there is a fucking dwarf..who are suppose to be enemies with the humans in orcs vs humans rts
    It is the WoW movieverse. It is not going to be a 1:1 translation of the lore. It never was going to be. Different mediums require different storytelling. For movies things get changed to make it better for a visual presentation. Yeah, yeah, Peter Jackson kept in everything for the Lord of the Rings movies and there was about an hour or more of boring useless crap that only extended the time of the movies and was not needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It is the WoW movieverse. It is not going to be a 1:1 translation of the lore. It never was going to be. Different mediums require different storytelling. For movies things get changed to make it better for a visual presentation. Yeah, yeah, Peter Jackson kept in everything for the Lord of the Rings movies and there was about an hour or more of boring useless crap that only extended the time of the movies and was not needed at all.
    What are you talking about? Nothing he said is even remotely lore. Its the blind leading the blind! Even if what he said was exactly how the movie was he would still be wrong because everything he said is wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Really? How can you not know that based purely on putting 1 and 1 together. There is a King of Lordaeron (Terenas), and a King of Stormwind (Llane) - 2 different kingdoms. The idiots sitting around a table chanting like cheer leaders is fan service. It would be like all the NATO commanders sitting around a table chanting "FOR THE ALLIANCE, FOR THE ALLIANCE". It would never have happened if it wasn't for yet another watering down of the lore to make the movie. The Dwarves and Elves would have been included in any meeting that did occur because they all joined in the Alliance once the nation of Stormwind fell at the end of the first war.
    I guess I didn't put 1 and 1 together because I didn't know the lore of the first war that well and assumed my confusion was due to ignorance and not just fan service. Thanks for clearing things up further... Still not clear to me what the power dynamic between Stormwind and Lordaeron was like back then though but I'm going to go ahead and assume they were about equal.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Movie ending spoiler (or atleast what they got wrong)
    The ending of the movie never actually happened in current canon. King Llane dies during the sacking of Stormwind, Lothar leads the survivors to Lordearon and then the Alliance is formed. While there will have been some trade between the dwarves and Stormwind they certainly did not have a military alliance prior to the start of Warcraft 2.
    We don't know the relative power between Lordearon and Stormwind as I do not believe it is ever commented on in the lore. Both were great Kingdoms tho so I would guess they were about equal?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Movie ending spoiler (or atleast what they got wrong)
    The ending of the movie never actually happened in current canon. King Llane dies during the sacking of Stormwind, Lothar leads the survivors to Lordearon and then the Alliance is formed. While there will have been some trade between the dwarves and Stormwind they certainly did not have a military alliance prior to the start of Warcraft 2.
    We don't know the relative power between Lordearon and Stormwind as I do not believe it is ever commented on in the lore. Both were great Kingdoms tho so I would guess they were about equal?
    Ok, now this clears things up 100%. Thanks again.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

not warcraft vanilla

Has anyone got so angry that when they are typing an epic rant they get spittle on their screen. I bet this guy has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Has anyone got so angry that when they are typing an epic rant they get spittle on their screen. I bet this guy has.
    Made all the more hilarious by the fact he is wrong on every single one of his points

Deleted

uther with lordaeron logo not with stormwind logo
    Everything else on your posts were already destroyed, but I have to referred to this picture. That's not Uther, that's Alt King Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Except that nothing he said is part of the lore and the movie Stormwind is very faithful to the lore. Heck, it was one of the major complains in Vanilla WoW, the lack of Stormwind Harbor, the place where the Stormwindian Exile to Lordaeron started after WC1.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-06-10 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Everything else on your posts were already destroyed, but I have to referred to this picture. That's not Uther, that's Alt King Arthas.
    Indeed (the crown is the give-away) but even if it were Uther, The paladins of the Silver Hand were not formed until the Second war after Stormwinds destruction so a picture of Uther as a paladin with the Stormwind logo makes no sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    There is definitely Lordaeron, between Alterac and Quel'Thalas on the world map in the throne room.
    Yep, although you can only see the "ON".

Way too much QQ about a movie. Way way way to much QQ.