Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    All they have to do is make them BoA. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You liking to do Optimal stuff != You are forced nor that it is Time gated.

There is literally no time-gated restriction, outside of your own choise of doing.
    Buddy. I hate to tell you this. But its an timegate if they force you to stop doing what you like or get timegated. Kind of ironic in an expansion dedicated to class fantasy they just force people to switch to professions they don't want to for chances at gear or gold.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    IMO the best compromise would be to make the Bloods 'Bind on Account'. So every player would still have to do World Quests and farm stuff but we would be able to send our Bloods to the crafting chars.
    I don't know about the best compromise, but it would at least allow double gatherers to have *some* use for the bloods, so that would be a step forward (although a relatively small one).

I'd really prefer making the bloods BOE.

Why the hell do they constantly have to reinvent things which don't need reinventing? They are making it worse half of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Buddy. I hate to tell you this. But its an timegate if they force you to stop doing what you like or get timegated. Kind of ironic in an expansion dedicated to class fantasy they just force people to switch to professions they don't want to for chances at gear or gold.
    No-one forced you to do anything.

You literally worded it yourself, that people LIKE, to do things a certain way. You LIKE to eat Cake, are you FORCED, to eat Cake?

Are you unable to control any of your own actions?

There is a range of options, the only ones who get shafted really hard, is Double gatherers. (Because Bloods become Redundant)

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    No-one forced you to do anything.

You literally worded it yourself, that people LIKE, to do things a certain way. You LIKE to eat Cake, are you FORCED, to eat Cake?

Are you unable to control any of your own actions?

There is a range of options, the only ones who get shafted really hard, is Double gatherers. (Because Bloods become Redudnant)
    If its a choice between eating cake and drinking liquid shit but the liquid shit gave you a 50% increase in your chance to live till 100 which would you do? Its a bad system for gatherers and crafters alike as it stands. It was bad in MoP, and its bad here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    If its a choice between eating cake and drinking liquid shit but the liquid shit gave you a 50% increase in your chance to live till 100 which would you do? Its a bad system for gatherers and crafters alike as it stands. It was bad in MoP, and its bad here.
    They could make a Blood + Mats to <Crafted Item of Your Choise Equivilant>, with a trade ratio of which is accomedated by that you have double Gathering.

Make some fancy counting on the estimate on Time investment versus Actual yield, comparing gathering versus crafting.

Would end up equalizing the two.

By the way, I just love them saying things like this (from the front page):

"In Legion, professions are geared more towards the players that really love getting invested in professions."

What this sweet talk means when we get down to what they are actually doing for Legion is that they have a "one true way" of loving the professions and if you don't fit into it, you are screwed.

1. You have to have one character (alts are bad, don't play alts, if you will, we will punish you in that both your main and your alts will have weak artifacts, weak reps and a very subpar profession progress where your recipes are rank 1 instead of rank 3 and where you plain don't have recipes you'd have if you played a single char, so don't play alts).

2. That character has to have one gathering profession (if you don't have it, we will punish you by not giving you bloods of sargeras, you'll have to leave off scraps, so please have it) and one crafting profession (if you don't have it, we will punish you by making your bloods useless, LOL... so please have a crafting profession, too).

These are some very strict bounds and if you don't fit into them, you are screwed.

They are going too far. Why the hell do they think it is fine to constantly dictate how to enjoy their game and put strict bounds on everything? They said themselves that WoW is a game of minorities with every minority thriving on doing *their own thing their own way*. Who the fuck thought forcing people who enjoy professions to fit into the above bounds is a good idea???

Make Blood of Sargeras BOE and be done with it.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-10 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    By the way, I just love them saying things like this (from the front page):

"In Legion, professions are geared more towards the players that really love getting invested in professions."

What this sweet talk means when we get down to what they are actually doing for Legion is that they have a "one true way" of loving the professions, which is:

* have one character (alts are bad, don't play alts, if you will, we will punish you in that both your main and your alts will have weak artifacts, weak reps and a very subpar profession progress where your recipes are rank 1 instead of rank 3 and where you plain don't have recipes you'd have if you played a single char, so don't play alts),

* that character has to have one gathering profession (if you don't have it, we will punish you by not giving you bloods of sargeras, so please have it) and one crafting profession (if you don't have it, we will punish you by making your bloods useless, LOL... so please have a crafting profession).

These are some very strict bounds.

They are going too far. Why the hell do they think it is fine to constantly dictate how to enjoy their game and put strict bounds on everything? They said themselves that WoW is a game of minorities with every minority thriving on doing *their own thing their own way*. Who the fuck thought forcing people who enjoy professions to fit into the above bounds is a good idea???
    You can get bloods without a Gathering proffesion, tho.

Tho, OT what you are saying; Takes more resources, causes more burnout and is a lot more of a hardcore option to allow Funneling of alts to begin with.

But yah, i am guessing lack of time, really.

Deleted
    rekt i guess

BoA would make lots more sense, since it is used in all crafting professions, not just a specific one.

Why should you as a player be punished for getting a random material on a gathering alt opposed to having it on a crafter where you need it?
    Also "forcing" someone to drop a crafting profession is cruel to completionists, i know people who spend a lot of time and gold collecting all obtainable recipes for their professions, dropping either of them for a gathering profession would be a very bitter pill.

I'm down to just a few (still obtainable) recipes left that I can learn on my main. The last one that isn't a world drop is the schematic dropped by Thermaplugg in Gnomeregan. So no way that I'm ever gonna ditch my Alchemy and Engineering. But luckily I can transmute Blood of Sargeras so that I can make...what exactly? Helmets that only engineers can use, a trinket that only alchemists can use, a pet, two crafted relics and an item to allow hunters to tame mechanical pets. The only other use is to obliterate it. It's almost as bad as the situation I was in during early Cata. Since it was my main I ran the most dungeons on it and I ended up simply not needing on Chaos orbs because I had no use for them. At least MoP added a vendor where you could spend excess spirits.

Just unbind the stuff completely like Frozen orbs, Felblight and Savage blood.

I'd be interested to hear how Tailors will acquire the bloods. Every tailor I make is also and enchanter, been a standard profession combo for the lifespan of the game. Would be terrible if tailors need to have mine/herbing to get a reasonable amount of bloods.

As a double gatherer you can switch between professions and your old legion profession mastery/recipes will be remembered when you switch back. Functionally you can be double gatherer > switch to crafting > switch back and have your profession mastery levels as they were.

For collectors, you'll have to field multiple characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

when you use that new item that save all you recipes before you abadon, it saves the lvl in the profession when you switch back too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    when you use that new item that save all you recipes before you abadon, it saves the lvl in the profession when you switch back too?
    Nope, you are lvl 1 again. And it only relearns Legion recipes. Switching back and forth between professions will not be something you take lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    As a double gatherer you can switch between professions and your old legion profession mastery/recipes will be remembered when you switch back. Functionally you can be double gatherer > switch to crafting > switch back and have your profession mastery levels as they were.
    Yes, I know. This costs materials to get profession level back to 800 for a craft and time to get profession level back to 800 for gathering (both levels matter at least for everything before Legion). Sure, it's better than nothing, but it is certainly not something you just do on a whim and it is tedious enough so that I am not sure I am going to bother. (Why do I have to jump through these hoops in the first place??? No idea.)

Why do you need your profession back to 800 if you have all the recipes/masteries anyway?

And why? Because it actually adds importance to professions. Don't like it, don't play the profession minigame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Just in case, if they ever changed it so that switching between professions saved the profession level plus the recipes, I would shut up and even praise them, that'd be a great thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Why do you need your profession back to 800 if you have all the recipes/masteries anyway?

And why? Because it actually adds importance to professions. Don't like it, don't play the profession minigame.
    I said why, for everything before Legion.

I will leave the "don't like it, don't play" unanswered or it will get very ugly very fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great stuff, gathering professions are finally useful again. People will actually have to work for their stuff instead of buying mats to flip for a profit, checkmate.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Great stuff, gathering professions are finally useful again. People will actually have to work for their stuff instead of buying mats to flip for a profit, checkmate.
    Yeah, especially double gathering professions. So great. (Read the first post instead of skimming, maybe?)