Page 88 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reviews are like !@$holes. Everyone has one and mostly bad stuff comes out of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    Reviews are like !@$holes. Everyone has one and mostly bad stuff comes out of them.
    Agere. I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Going to see it tomorrow, finally. I'm excited to finally form my own opinion and sift through all the vitriolic hyperbole we've seen so far in this thread.
    I loved the shit out of it, the worst part for me was that it ended and I was in no way prepared for it to end. 2 hours just flew by.

- - - Updated - - -

What good stuff comes out of assholes?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

There's like 3½ jokes for the entire movie, that is too few for a movie featuring CGI giants with huge hands.

Still I'm surprised that only one reviewer has compared Gul'dan and Hitler so far.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-06-10 at 01:57 PM.

Deleted
    IMDB really is the only reliable one so far. It's a great movie and given how few fantasy(High fantasy?) films we get that are good (last one being LOTR) I am loving it, more fantasy for the ppl!

There's just a bandwagon of hate because it's a GAME movie so ppl already decided why they hate it, also the people who stopped playing WoW (and hare hating on WoW as well because they are not playing it anymore ?) who spends most of their time complaining.

We just have to ignore the shitty critics, the complainers and what not. Tons of other great movies (Star wars even) got shitty reviews when it came out. However, Warcraft has been doing extremely well world wide already almost making all of it's budget and we have yet to see the numbers from the US opening.

Thats a funny analogy given everyone relies on their asshole and people rely on movie critics.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Mad Max: Fury Road is widely regarded an amazing movie by viewers, multiple awards win and critically acclaimed to the wazzoo. Top list on Imdb, high ratings everywhere, etc....

So yea, maybe if 97% is a bit steep, it's not far off.

What would you give it?
    6.5/10?

I have literally no idea why it has been rated so highly, it really wasnt a "great" movie, it was visually stunning for sure, but thats not really enough to carry a movie imo.

97 is FAR too high for that movie, sure my opinion may not be enough to persuade anyone considering all the other reviews, but popular opinion or credentials, no matter how high, dont decide whether a movie will be enjoyable for a person. Not that it wasnt enjoyable for me, but i wouldnt bother watching it again.

Also the force awakens was a 7 at best imo, a completely recycled plot, plenty of pointless scenes that added very little to the story and character relationships that were either forced or i just didnt feel. The bar was set low for it i think as it was compared only to the worst parts of the prequels, and its greatest accomplishment was mimicking the style of the original trillogy and not resembling anything from the prequels, but that gets a 92%.

I personally dont really give a fuck what critics say, i think the general audience opinion is going to be alot more reliable.
    Last edited by bloodmoth13; 2016-06-10 at 02:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyces View Post
    Just came back from seeing Warcraft in IMAX 3D, here in Canada. First off, as many have already stated do NOT listen to the critics. Simply put, they are judging the film far too harshly and I question their knowledge on the Warcraft universe. Duncan Jones, Universal, Legendary & Blizzard did a fantastic job with this film. I went with a group of family and friends who are all fans of the game(s) and have extensive knowledge of the lore. We all had permanent smiles on our faces both during and after the film. We couldn't stop raving about how good the film was and what we would like to see in the future (if a sequel was made). If you're into fantasy and/or you play the game(s), do yourself a favor and see this film.
    Yup. Rotten Tomatoes can eat a dick. They gave Captain America a bad rating. They gave Warcraft a bad rating. They gave Neighbors 2 a better rating then both and it was a terrible, terrible movie.

I went in with extremely low expectations for the movie and came out very impressed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    Joe's review is a big misstep. When he judges it he says, everything was great besides the story and the way you connect to the characters.

Can you belive this? is the story and the way you connect to the characters not important?
    Not in pacific rim
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Just watched the movie in Dolby Atmos and it was a total blast!

10/10 going to watch it again in 3D.

I imagine most critics are going in with 0 prior knowledge of anything Warcraft related. This film wasn't made for critics, it was made for fans.

I think that this movies story telling suffers from too many characters and too much back story being jammed in, but visually it was absolutely stunning. It's hard to tell what a non warcraft player would have thought about it. I enjoyed it greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyces View Post
    Simply put, they are judging the film far too harshly and I question their knowledge on the Warcraft universe.
    Havent seen it yet, but like Duncan said himself, they wanted to make sure the film was made for those not familiar with the warcraft universe at all. They spent over 200 million on production and marketing, it should be a new experience for newcomer and nostalgic for the ones familiar with warcraft.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    http://www.metacritic.com/movie/warcraft
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft/

Audience and User Score is pretty higher than critics score as everyone predicted. The critics are simply disconnected to everyone else. The movie, while not a truly masterpiece, it's a really fun movie and gives exactly what it promised. It'll get a sequel and it'll be glorious!
    Critics are looking at it from the qualities of being a good movie. Warcraft is not. Schlocky action, dopey dialogue, lame romances, and confusion that is only resolved with information not from the film itself is bad movie making.

Audience and user score is based on did they have fun. Of course there will be plenty of people saying they had fun. I offer you the Twilight series as the same example...horrible movies hands-down for the same reasons...and wildly successful. The critics correctly lambasted them as they are terrible movies. But for those that like the romantic schlock, they were awesome. The same is true for things like Warcraft...people who walk out saying it was great are only different from the Twilight fans in that they just preferred a different kind of schlock.

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Havent seen it yet, but like Duncan said himself, they wanted to make sure the film was made for those not familiar with the warcraft universe at all. They spent over 200 million on production and marketing, it should be a new experience for newcomer and nostalgic for the ones familiar with warcraft.
    Some things are left way to vague (like medivh turning evil) and the beginning is kind of a bombardment of stuff to try and establish the base of the story but we have had multiple people in this thread report that their non-warcraft friends enjoyed it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Just came back from the cinema. As I suspected, critics are crap. The movie was decent: a solid 7/10.

I admitt, the first 20min were a bit too much random information that might be confusing for someone who doesn't know the lore. But later on it's quite ok. The actions is really good, there isn't a single boring moment - all the time something is happening. There were some little changes from the original lore but I don't mind them and they make sense.

The music was really good too

So basicly, the only flaw is that the begining is a bit confusing but then I wonder if they could have made it any better w/o making the movie last twice as long. And the movie totally asks for the sequel.

Deleted
    The film is utter crap. Especially when you compare it to Duncan Jones other film works and Legendary's fantastic Pacific Rim.

CGI was comically awful. Constant perspective shifts that made no sense. Dialogue was.. well. It was Blizzard standard dialogue.

Go watch it if you fancy watching a crap version of Transformers with fantasy orcs. The CGI in Blizzards own games are better than this shlock because at least its short, scripted and interesting to watch.

I really hope it absolutely dives on the US market so we don't have to suffer through any more shite films like this.

Also, rofl at the people saying it needed to be three hours long. What it needed to be was 30 minutes long, a made for TV movie with a few episodes and done in house on the cheap. Vomiting this game-related excrement over the screen complete with its crappy dialogue and paper thin characters is something best left to Michael Bay, not the man who gave us Moon.
    Last edited by mmoc0bf026c289; 2016-06-10 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the movie last night and I loved it.

Although I have been a Warcraft fan since the beginning, so seeing these characters again was really nostalgic for me.

I thought Travis Fimmel's (Anduin Lothar) acting was on point and was believable for the young warrior. That being said, the casting for every other recognizable human character (and Garona) was sub par.

All of the Orc characters and those that played them did well (although CG).

I definitely understand some of the reviews regarding the pace. The first 3/4 of the movie, moving at "breakneck" speed is pretty accurate.

I also completely agree with the comments from people who may know nothing about Warcraft (the uninitiated) not being able to follow the story. I don't think even watching the movie for a second time, would necessarily fill in some of the gaps. You would definitely need someone in the know to be able to explain what is going on.

That being said... I really enjoyed the movie myself. 7/10 satisfaction... maybe a 7.5/10.

If I was looking at it critically, strictly from film quality and story... maybe 5/10.

The movie is fun and worth $10. Go see it, stop being a hater, go support something you love.

Seeing it again after lunch with a coworker, we'll see if my perspective changes.

I liked it enough to be hopeful of a sequel, and future installments and I think Duncan Jones vision was pretty on point.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-06-10 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I think that this movies story telling suffers from too many characters and too much back story being jammed in, but visually it was absolutely stunning. It's hard to tell what a non warcraft player would have thought about it. I enjoyed it greatly.
    In some places too much backstory, in some places not nearly enough. Movie either should have cut even more stuff out entirely, or been like half an hour longer at least (and with the dvd directors cut another half hour on top of that).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Saw it last night.

I think the Rotten Tomatoes score is accurate. If you multiply it by 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...