Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"The gap between BRF and HFC was too big"

Blizzard said:

"The gap between Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry was too short. The gap between Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel was too long"

Is this serious? HFC came out way too soon and ended up lasting too long

I dont understand. If BRF was released too soon and ended to late it means they wanted BRF to last 2 months or something?

Maybe I am understand this wrong.

Highmaul
    BRF too short after Highmaul
    HFC too long after BRF

Total: BRF lasting 2-3 months which is practically nothing to most mythic guilds.

Hughmaul and brf needed to be realeased together or highmaul needed more stuff in it

Wasn't brf opened up like 4-5 months after release?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    You expected a sensible discussion about two raid tiers lasting two years?

Deleted
    I think the main thing to take away from it is that they know the year long last patch is to long a time for nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Total: BRF lasting 2-3 months which is practically nothing to most mythic guilds.
    ?!?!?!?!??!@#!?@EK!@LE!!!??!?!

Feb 3rd to June 23rd. Yep 2-3 months. Fucking math my friend... math.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    ?!?!?!?!??!@#!?@EK!@LE!!!??!?!

Feb 3rd to June 23rd. Yep 2-3 months. Fucking math my friend... math.
    You should read what I said again.

2-3 months is what it would last if they released brf later and hfc sooner.

You should read what I said again.

2-3 months is what it would last if they released brf later and hfc sooner.
    Wasn't exactly worded to even mean that seeing as others thought that too... anyway...

6 months for a 10 boss tier is pretty long. It should be 4 at most. 2-3 would be way too little. 2 is for a Highmaul type raid. 3-4 for a BRF type. 5 at most for a HFC type... maybe 6 if it was end of expac.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blackrock Foundry should've been released with Highmaul. Then the delay between BRF and HFC would've right around the 6 month target they use for each raid.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    I dont think they meant to say the gap between brf and hfc was too long, but they wanted to have brf postponed because they felt like highmaul could have lasted longer, if they had done it this way they wouldve also postponed hfc.
    Wich is not ideal but I think its better to have 3 smaller content droughts for the hardcore raiders so the casual/ but good enough to raid mythic players like me who dont had time to finish highmaul would have been able to do so. And the hardcore wouldve have had the same content drought but more spread out over the expansion.

In short: they think they paced it poorly and I agree

Too short or too long is subjective and depends on what you do. For an hardcore mythic raider it might have been too late as they already cleared Mythic highmaul when BRF released while for a casual mythic raider it might have been too short.

416 guilds cleared mythic Highmaul before BRF released which is not that many. In my opinion 2 months could have been ok if we didn't have holydays in between.

Deleted
    The main reason they make the last tier last long is that they want people to buy the next expansion, in this case Legion. How does that work? Well, they want people to feel "done" and one of the best ways to do that is to make them all well geared through the Tier with the best gear and in turn the best way to gear them well through that Tier is to make it last for a very long time.

I believe a 10 bosses raid like BRF should have lasted a bit longer. Maybe a month, nothing more.

500 guilds killed Blackhand. Is not a lot. Every raider i talked to believes the same. Might be simply an opinion.

I believe a 10 bosses raid like BRF should have lasted a bit longer. Maybe a month, nothing more.

500 guilds killed Blackhand. Is not a lot. Every raider i talked to believes the same. Might be simply an opinion.
    Brf should have lasted min till september.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Highmaul didnt have enough depth to last long.
    2. BRF ended too quickly. BRF should have lasted at least a couple of months longer.
    3. HFC actually needed to be split up into 2 raids - one with Gorefiend as the final boss and other with the upper tier and Archi as final boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, that quote made me stare in disbelief too.. if this expansion was lacking anything, it's 2 extra raid tiers.

There was not enough to do for raiders and nothing at all for non-raiders but killing time.

I agree with the devs that HM had too short a stay until BRF came along to trivialize it.

But it's not so simple as 'well then if they had released BRF 4 months later and kept everything the same that would have fixed the problem.

HM should have had more bosses and its own tier of loot. Instead it was treated like Mogu'shan Vaults was to Heart of Fear, except with a MUCH bigger ilevel gap to make HM even less appealing.

I feel like this discussion has been had a thousand times. It's almost over, soon.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Raiding content in WoD was piss poor and not enough. No X lasting Y more months would not solve any WoD issue. There had to be entire NEW tier apart from what blizzard delivered.

I like doing raids but i'd get rid of raids in a second if it meant better and longer lasting outdoor content. I much prefer world content.